Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

Ryuu, now that's what I'm talking about for a Loot Crate. Glad I jumped in on one.

Try moving out the cave some time where the USPS visits you. :D
Lol I actually had three packages outside on the front steps today. Never heard the dude but then again I was listening to music via Bluetooth from my phone while revving engines in Forza with my Turtle Beach Elite 800Xs, these things are amazing and I wasn't even using the noise cancellation mode either. Yeah I should have it by tomorrow. Early Christmas present!

Ryuu, was your Loot Crate shipped as-is with a label slapped on the LootCrate box or was it in a shipping box?

Mine was shipped bare and now that I know there's shot glasses in there, I'm a little worried they're broken.

My crate was shipped raw as well, but the shotglasses are packed in another box inside and pretty well padded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...jealous of you guys.  Mine was scheduled for delivery today but just checked the tracking and its now updated to Tuesday 12/22 :(  Worst part is its been just over an hour from since Tuesday.

I'm really loving the sweatshirt, hoodie?, that came with my Loot Crate. I have a heavy N7 coat hoodie and now a nice casual medium thickness N7 sweatshirt. Family was surprised I got the gift for Christmas, even though I had already told them I had picked it up lol. Yeah, I waited until Christmas to open it, enjoyed the contents a lot. Eh, only thing I'm not crazy on the whole crate is the Volus plushie.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/28/mass-effect-andromeda-director-chris-wynn-leaves-bioware

Well crap. I think we could all agree this isn't a good sign. After the whole Casey Hudson/ME3 debacle and now this, makes me wonder what's going on at Bioware.
I don't have an issue with this. Wynn jumped in after Andromeda was already under way, he never was a vocal or visible champion of the game externally and, I'm speculating that the move is due to family not wanting to live in Montreal any longer. From the way the departure notice went out and was worded, that's what I gather.

Good to know Chubby. I didn't know he wasn't there from the start.

I just upgraded to next gen in anticipation of Andromeda. Fallout will hold me over for a little while.

I don't have an issue with this. Wynn jumped in after Andromeda was already under way, he never was a vocal or visible champion of the game externally and, I'm speculating that the move is due to family not wanting to live in Montreal any longer. From the way the departure notice went out and was worded, that's what I gather.
That's how I read his statement, so I don't think that's going to be an issue with his departure.

I didn't know he wasn't there from the beginning, though if so, he won't be an impediment with it moving forward to be completed.

Good to know Chubby. I didn't know he wasn't there from the start.

I just upgraded to next gen in anticipation of Andromeda. Fallout will hold me over for a little while.
Good to hear you've been assimilated.

original.jpg

Def say Fallout 4 will take up most of your time but you might also want to check out EA Access. Congrats on joining the family. EA Access would also give you Dragon Age: Inquisition, which I wholeheartedly recommend.

That's how I read his statement, so I don't think that's going to be an issue with his departure.

I didn't know he wasn't there from the beginning, though if so, he won't be an impediment with it moving forward to be completed.
I know of Wynn through a friend of a friend and have chatted very briefly with him soon after he got this job. Through this friend, I know just a tiny bit about his family situation. And being in a very similar spot, family wise, and working in Human Resources....helping people move internationally and what not.....everything just strikes me as his wife saying "okay, I've kinda had enough of trying to speak french all the time." lol. Hey, I could be completely wrong, but that's just the sense I get. Besides, he was producing, not creative director or director or whatever. Tonally, I don't think he had a major influence on the direction.

I don't know what to make of that.  Good folks leaving Bioware can't be a good thing.  Then again, I didn't even know who this guy was and they are a rather well oiled machine now.  I guess I'm content because I've already resigned myself that nothing will ever match the first three ME games.  Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.  But if I'm not, we still have three of the best games ever created. 

Lol, I was just thinking today about how to reconcile my feelings about Andromeda... Like, I want and sort of expect it to be one of my new favorite games ever, but if it's another Inquisition... If it's "only" an enjoyable game that I play once and then don't feel very compelled to go back to again and again... is that okay? :lol: Will the world keep turning? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. E3 is not that far away.

There better be craploads of stuff about Andromeda at either E3, Gamescom or both.   If not, then my want for it will start waning.

I know that everyone in here seems to rate Witcher 3 about DA: I once they had a chance to play both, so I may start dabbling with that on the PS4 once I finish up DA: I with the endgame.

I want to get into Witcher 2 or 3, but the battle and crafting systems were a major turn off.  I don't know how many times I've had W3 in my cart thinking "well, everybody really digs the game...." then I watch a video and remind myself how many times I tried W2 and just could not get into it. 

If you go for it, Shrike, let me know what you think.

You guys are missing out.  WItcher 3 is a vast improvement over 2 and you don't need to do any sort of crafting to be successful.  It is easily in my top 10 games of all time.

I want to get into Witcher 2 or 3, but the battle and crafting systems were a major turn off. I don't know how many times I've had W3 in my cart thinking "well, everybody really digs the game...." then I watch a video and remind myself how many times I tried W2 and just could not get into it.
While I personally think The Witcher 3 is a great game, if you're not feeling it, then just skip it. Many times I've been in a similar situation -- game is widely touted as great, I look at gameplay videos and reviews, and don't think it's for me. But then a sale comes along and I decide to try it out because everyone loves it so it can't be that bad, right? And I end up hating it. The latest example is Shadow of Mordor. It does a lot of things great, but at the end of the day, I didn't enjoy it, wished I had trusted my gut and not played it.

I feel like if you're not excited about the game at the very start, if you need convincing from yourself or from others to try it, then you're better off just skipping it. It's not like we all don't have backlogs.

While I personally think The Witcher 3 is a great game, if you're not feeling it, then just skip it. Many times I've been in a similar situation -- game is widely touted as great, I look at gameplay videos and reviews, and don't think it's for me. But then a sale comes along and I decide to try it out because everyone loves it so it can't be that bad, right? And I end up hating it. The latest example is Shadow of Mordor. It does a lot of things great, but at the end of the day, I didn't enjoy it, wished I had trusted my gut and not played it.

I feel like if you're not excited about the game at the very start, if you need convincing from yourself or from others to try it, then you're better off just skipping it. It's not like we all don't have backlogs.
Agree. I still like giving games a try though, including stuff that I'm not super excited about or that is outside my comfort zone. I've discovered many new favorites this way, including... Mass Effect.

ME1, Alan Wake, Red Dead....heck, even all the way back to Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.....that I would have missed out on if I didn't at least give it a try.  But, sometimes you just know.  If I can get W3 for $20ish, I'd try it.

Yup, after seeing the first trailer where the developers were talking about ME1 and the gameplay, I just knew that the game was going to be dupe. Even preordered the CE right away once it was up on Gamestop.

Yup, after seeing the first trailer where the developers were talking about ME1 and the gameplay, I just knew that the game was going to be dupe. Even preordered the CE right away once it was up on Gamestop.
You're smart. ME1 was my first 360 game and I got it after trading in Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2. I though it looked neat enough, but didn't realize I'd fall in love with it. I had to hunt down the CE years later and spent $100.

It seems like publishers are pulling back on limited editions lately. I was bummed when Quantum Break didn't have one and EA seems is more keen on Deluxe Editions that cost $10 for marginal digital content than they are a true CE. I bet for Andromeda it'll be a regular edition, a deluxe edition and a biowarestore exclusive collectors edition kit without game. Sold, sold and sold. :wall: :D/

You're smart. ME1 was my first 360 game and I got it after trading in Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2. I though it looked neat enough, but didn't realize I'd fall in love with it. I had to hunt down the CE years later and spent $100.

It seems like publishers are pulling back on limited editions lately. I was bummed when Quantum Break didn't have one and EA seems is more keen on Deluxe Editions that cost $10 for marginal digital content than they are a true CE. I bet for Andromeda it'll be a regular edition, a deluxe edition and a biowarestore exclusive collectors edition kit without game. Sold, sold and sold. :wall: :D/
There's no question there will be numerous items on the Bioware store tied to Andromeda. If it comes close to ME, we'll have ships, weapons, busts, figures and the like. :D

I just hope the CE ends up with a steelbook like ME1 - 3 have been, though hopefully with less suck than ME3's.

I bet for Andromeda it'll be a regular edition, a deluxe edition and a biowarestore exclusive collectors edition kit without game. Sold, sold and sold. :wall: :D/
Oh my god. I'll probably buy it digitally from EA Access, buy the physical CEs for Xbone and PS4, might have to buy copies from different stores if there's preorder bonuses...

I need everything.

i7YLqkI.gif

I finally got around to watching Paragon Lost. It was... okay. A lot like Dawn of the Seeker, it's fine for diehard fans but non-devotees need not apply. The character designs were oddly plain (you'd never pick out Vega here without already knowing it was him, and in the game he's a pretty distinctive looking dude) and like in Dawn of the Seeker there were some chintzy looking CGI backgrounds. The voice acting was fine. Prinze is solid, Laura Bailey is always a treat, and the Liara and Anderson impersonators did a pretty credible job (not so much for Hackett). The story was fine but it kind of came off like a re-run of ME2's Horizon mission just with Vega in the lead instead of Shepard. And of course you've got characters dutifully explaining what the mass effect is and how relays work, etc., as if anyone who's not already a Mass Effect superfan will ever watch this. All in all... okay.

I agree on Paragon Lost.  It was interesting enough, but kind of a rehash of ME2. 

Have any of you guys picked up Garden Warfare 2?  The Z7 Imp and mech suit are fun homage's to Mass Effect.  It's a fun game, I give it a thumbs up.

The wording in those jobs listings leads me to believe that ME:A is still a long, long ways off. No way we'll see it in 2016. :sadninjaemoji:

welp...looks like delays are true.  Andromeda releasing in Q4 of EA's fiscal year (which is between Jan and March 2017).  Multiple sources, but here's one (quoted below):

At a recent event, the Morgan Stanley Media, Technology and Telecom Conference, EA's CFO Blake Jorgensen, stated to a group at the event about some upcomings going on at the company. They reiterate and clarify the remarks we brought you last week in their earnings call about both Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect: Andromeda's release windows. According to Mr. Jorgensen,

"We've got a great year ahead... we've got our Battlefield first-person shooter game coming in the third quarter, and our third-party title that Respawn, our partner, built, it's called TItanfall, it's the second title that they brought into that brand. Both of those are first-person shooters and will be targeted around the fast, action-driven shooter market, as well as the strategy-driven market in that quarter... We have our Mirror's Edge runner game this first quarter, and then we have Mass Effect, which is a sci-fi action game, in our fourth quarter. So big year ahead and we're pretty excited."

Ugh, 2017 release does not make me happy... Hopefully there's a big info blowout at E3 to tide us over. I can't take another CG trailer and concept art slideshow.

Well, shit, I guess we can always use the line of "more time = more polish" on the game, though we're looking at what 4 years from ME3 to ME: A?

That thing better shine and gleam by the time we get it.

Not like there's not backlog a-plenty to be hit into before that time, right? :joystick:

Not like there's not backlog a-plenty to be hit into before that time, right? :joystick:
Yep, I'm sure I'll play through the ME series at least once more as well in the meantime. Been messing around with ME3 a little bit lately.

Andromeda had better be so big and varied that it holds our attention for years. :)

See? I'm like a fat, stealthy Miss Cleo, psychic friend. That blows about the delay but I'm not surprised or particularly bummed. Plenty to play this year.

I've been predicting 2017 for a while now. Would not be surprised if it's a November release. Oh well. I have also had some Mass Effect nostalgia lately and started playing the first game again (for the umpteenth time).

Hey guys, haven't been to the site for a while as my dad had an aneurysm and is the hospital slowly recovering right now. I did hear the news about the delay and went tip much expected, saw Paragon Lost in a local theater when I lived in NC and agree with you Ryu, and just started playing The Wither 3. A side effect of staying with family in Albany, where my dad got flown to from our local hospital (Cooperstown), is that I updated ALL my Xbox One games and I also downloaded everything in my queue (which includes W3 DLC). I wanted to play The Wither 2 before but I was always doing something else and agree the combat is just odd and hard to get used to. Whelp, that's about it. Good to be back but I almost forgot how much this forum (programming side) sucks on mobile.

Hey brother, heard about your Dad.  Hang in there and keep your spirits up.  The whole family can use the positive vibes, I imagine.  Prayers heading your way!

Cool that you got to download all your stuff, though.  That's good.  I don't know how you're doing it, but then again, I'm offline on my PS4 for all intents and purposes and I have a great time with it.  All about the games, I suppose. 

As a side note....another person working on Andromeda has left Bioware.  Senior Editor or something.  I mean, that's three folks off the ME team.  Plus David Gaider off of Dragon Age and that recent survey about a tactical DA game (I'd rather watch my nuts shrivel in cold weather than play that).  Kinda makes me start thinking something is up.  People bop around all the time in the game industry, but it just seems funky that so many big names have left Bioware. 

I am getting a bit worried about things at BioWare, too.  I am sure that ME:A will arrive eventually, but with all these resignations, I'm wondering if there are some major problems about to come to light.   

bread's done
Back