Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI8Beb-BvIg

This short VFX reel purportedly shows gameplay and cutscenes from Andromeda... April Fools joke or legit?

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting are the similarities between the Illusive Man and a certain racist would-be dictator that was featured in that video? 

I want Skyrim Mass Effect, not just Skyrim Mass Effect but a bunch of good elements of the RPG game.

Skyrim, you can never run out of things to do, they even implemented a quest system that continuously gives you stuff to do if you happen to manage everything on the enormous game world. That in a Mass Effect game has me frothing at the mouth!

Yeah and the abilities that progress for every time you use them would be a good implementation for bonus % during combat. In order to balance it properly you'd only get the bonus % using the ability or weapon after you get a kill so no spamming biotic powers. Also to keep it balanced have it reset after each mission or planet that's completed?

Eh, It's not pivotal but it would be hell a fun to have all the NPCs walking around doing their daily tasks and routines. That would be neat, especially in the new locales that we'll see.

One can dream.

I want Skyrim Mass Effect, not just Skyrim Mass Effect but a bunch of good elements of the RPG game.

Skyrim, you can never run out of things to do, they even implemented a quest system that continuously gives you stuff to do if you happen to manage everything on the enormous game world. That in a Mass Effect game has me frothing at the mouth!

Yeah and the abilities that progress for every time you use them would be a good implementation for bonus % during combat. In order to balance it properly you'd only get the bonus % using the ability or weapon after you get a kill so no spamming biotic powers. Also to keep it balanced have it reset after each mission or planet that's completed?

Eh, It's not pivotal but it would be hell a fun to have all the NPCs walking around doing their daily tasks and routines. That would be neat, especially in the new locales that we'll see.

One can dream.
That sounds sort of cool, but honestly that's one of the things I dislike most about Skyrim and Fallout 4. I want to feel like I actually completed everything in the game, and not have a bunch of fetch quests added on to pad the game length.

Did anyone here actually finished DA:I? I got pretty far than I hate that wall where I didn't want to play it anymore.
*raises hand* I did. I put a LOT of time into it, but I did pretty much everything that could be done, outside of finding all the mosaics, songs, and drinks. Came pretty close on those too.

I did too. I really enjoyed the main story, but found it hard to care about the exploration and sidequests. Ultimately I think the world they created was just too big and too empty.

It's the only Dragon Age game I haven't completed more than once... I started a second character but the game isn't as fun to replay. A lot of elements that are fine the first time (like dealing with the War Table) become tedious on another playthrough.

Tbh I'm hoping that Andromeda continues in the vein of Mass Effect 2 and 3 (more tightly structured/directed) and does not try to be Skyrim like Inquisition did.

ALllllsssso raises hand, finished, good game.

mrw-i-saw-the-recent-number-of-clarkson-gifs-17970.gif

Yeah, I thought that was one of those things that gets announced but then never really happens (like the ME live-action movie). Then yesterday my Facebook feed started blowing up about it.

Semi-related, I am now an owner of the faux-leather N7 jacket from the Bioware Store. Merch Addict lol

13138922_10103039769235038_2868770457290683232_n.jpg

Three books on-sale today written by Patrick Weekes of ME and DA fame:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D7JWTTQ/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH1IP0A/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XCH1U16/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

Each of them is $1.99 each and the three pack of the books is 10% cheaper at $5.37.

I've not read them, as I just bought them today though the premise looks like it should be quite enjoyable.
I read the first one in the series and started the second but didn't finish. The premise is great, but he likes to make up complicated names just for the sake of it and it gets old real fast. Obviously I'm a fan of Patrick Weekes' work for Bioware, but his shtick with the Rogue's series got old quick.

Here's another merch find for you guys, Sanshee has something real cool that I hadn't seen before.

First is the N7 medal. It's a steel medal/pin in the same look of the achievement icons. I'm making a shadow box with the Normandy litho from the ME3 CE with the one I ordered.

http://sanshee.com/products/n7-medal-black-finish

Second, plush Grunt! This is a little bigger than the other plushes I've seen. Cute, but I didn't order one. Because I'm a 39 year old man.

http://sanshee.com/products/grunt-collectors-plush

Lastly, I've had many a Bioware/ME t-shirts in my time, but this one is my favorite. Super comfortable and the colors on the image really stand out.

http://sanshee.com/collections/mass-effect/products/reapers-clutches-shirt

Yeah, I don't think any of that was new information. Still... it's exciting to see this game becoming so... official. :)

I'm going to guess March for the release, just like ME3.

Hopefully we get a huge and detailed info blowout at EA Play.

We're a month away! ONE month! And not from another concept art slideshow or a CG trailer. From the real game!!

This was official via EA financial discussions a few months back.  But, really, is anybody surprised by this?  At least they didn't announce a major shift and it's going mobile or some nonsense like that. 

I remain grounded.  I love ME more than any other gaming franchise, but the OT was so, so so SO good, I don't know if Andromeda can capture that same magic in such a way.  So, I'm frothing just like the rest of the gang 'round here for this one.  But, I'll blow my load when I see the true game reveal.  Until then, I'm staying grounded (and unjizzed).  :shame:

I do no think any of us honestly expected this game to release in 2016.  As Chubby said, the EA financial meetings had this pegged for 2017.  Anyway, it's the third release window that sticks, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got one more, "It takes time to give you the best game possible" message and we see this delayed until next summer.

Excited to see what they have to show next month.  Hopefully there is dancing.

Good news, guys.  Microsoft finally figured out how to do multi-disc games digitally.  That means we may be able to play ME2 and ME3 digitally on the 360 and X1. 

:joystick:  :joystick:  :joystick:  :joystick:  :joystick:

Great news.  Hopefully they'll run better than I've heard ME1 run, though again, we know the engine differences between the three games. 

Nothing so far, but we'll see. The bigger question is: will we see game footage or a reel of Bioware employees diligently working? (sarcasm)

That 4D ride in California looks pretty badass tho, eh?

My E3 prediction, Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered for the holiday or Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 digital with every copy of Andromeda on Xbox one.

bread's done
Back