Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

Well with the hogwash that was ME3's rushed ending and the completely botched launch that was called BF4 (this still brings four letter words to my mouth), I hope they are putting their money where their mouth is. They had quite a few hiccups over that period which included class action lawsuits against EA (not sure if they were resolved yet).

Ryuu, 100% agreed on the chills listening to Sovereign the first time.

price_r1_c2.png

I applaud them for the stance, but hate them for the casualty that is a ME trilogy remake.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's still hope:

[UPDATE] It turns out Peter Moore's interview containing these quotes was taped before Patrick Soderlund made his comments about EA's thoughts on remasters. We have updated the story.

Moore's comments didn't make a lot of sense anyway. It doesn't cut into BioWare's dev time on Andromeda for some other studio-for-hire to remaster the old ME games.

If they do end up happening, I hope they take the opportunity to make some quality-of-life updates, mostly to ME1. That inventory UI has got to go. Maybe add the helmet toggle option to ME2.

Moore's comments didn't make a lot of sense anyway. It doesn't cut into BioWare's dev time on Andromeda for some other studio-for-hire to remaster the old ME games.

If they do end up happening, I hope they take the opportunity to make some quality-of-life updates, mostly to ME1. That inventory UI has got to go. Maybe add the helmet toggle option to ME2.
If it's money and time spent to make ME2 and ME3 BC on the X1 versus remastering the trilogy for the PS4 and X1, I think it's time and money better spent on a true remaster.

I can think it won't be a huge amount of work to remake ME3 for the current console since it was on the Frostbite engine, ME2 would probably take some more time and effort though shouldn't be horrible, though it leaves us ME1, which will likely take the most work.

I think Inquisition was BioWare's first game on Frostbite.
Shit, you're right. ME3 was on the Unreal Engine, so that should be easily portable to XB1 and PS4. ME2 appears to also be on the Unreal Engine, likely an older one than ME3, so that should also be easily portable to XB1 and PS4.

Looks like ME1 was also on the Unreal Engine as well, so it sound like Bioware has less to worry about than we thought.

https://www.unrealengine.com/showcase/mass-effect

From Sony's PS4 Pro presentation.... Andromeda gameplay!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hBNALUk4w

Mostly it's one of those "walk slowly and pan around the environment" videos. No combat, but we do get a little bit of jetpacking and a quick cutscene featuring the asari squadmate from the last video.

I've been stubborn about this game and stuck to "it isn't real until I see the game, have a release date, know what preorder bonuses are out there and what's in the CE."  Well, we are one step closer.  The gameplay reel was good.  It captured the ME vibe, and even though it wasn't action packed, it captured a tone and I liked what I saw. 

Two more months.  Then all will be revealed (or me and a few others will rant on this thread and we'll go on with our lives, waiting impatiently for this game).

Well also confirms more info on N7 day which we all suspected.

Looks like the Asari used the carnifex. The other two squadmates appear to be human male and female. Also don't see any N7 signage on the armor but there is a logo with an A.

Finally had a chance to watch the video and...I want to be excited but I'm not there yet.  Definitely think a better area could have been picked for the first real gameplay footage...

Phew, been awhile since I've been around. The Andromeda trailerish thing got me thinking, and I remembered I have a NIB 18" SR-2 model. Anyone know what they are actually going for? I can't decide if I want to sell it or open it.

It was my most wanted game collectible I have ever wanted, outside of the SR1 lithograph(which I never got, I had every other big dollar one from ME1, but sold them all many years ago and built a sweet surround system I still use daily, lol). But, I don't collect anymore, haven't in years.

The "collar" of that armor/outfit confuses me.  What purpose does it serve?  Why is it not closed and sealed along the bottom of the helmet?  Maybe it's there for when you remove your helmet and then want to zip up to stay warm?

I also noticed that, odd style choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hy4mJ0uWmw

SO what do you think we're signing up for? A newsletter? If then, I hope not. Indoctrination, I'm all yours!!!  :bow:

bread's done
Back