Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

Just watched the new trailer.  That was so good, it made me happy in my no-no place. :drool:

It did have a marker at the end of the trailer that was done in-game and was indicative of in-game experience. 

It's EA.  What did you expect? 

Also, I'm having a real issue trying to figure out differences between the two Nomad versions. 

I wish the actual trailer was more substantial, but between the Game Informer articles and the Andromeda Initiative website we actually got a pretty hefty lore dump today. And of course BC Mass Effect 2 and 3 are awesome.

And btw for EA Access subscribers, all three ME games are now in the Vault!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess I'm going with Deluxe...

HGBVBDc.png

and yeah it's official.

https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/795672457541730304/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Is the Super Deluxe edition digital only? I only see physical versions of the regular and Deluxe on Amazon.
Seems to be, as BB is the same way with their copies, no sign of Super Deluxe. I'm sure there will be a "Super Deluxe Physical Upgrade" for people who didn't buy it digital.

CE details:

https://www.masseffect.com/buy/collectors-edition

Looks like the CE is one of the two Nomad sets plus the game, which is what EA did with Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

Version differences:

https://www.masseffect.com/buy
No, it looks like they aren't giving you the game with the bundle.

Top of the page: NOMAD COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE(Game Sold Separately)
Mass Effect Andromeda Collectible Steelbook Case - Store your physical copy of Mass Effect Andromeda in this sleek limited edition hardcase
Jesus, wtf.

What an incredible N7 Day, no?  Wow.  So much off of my fantasy, "wouldn't it be sick if they announced this...." list was checked off today.

• Amazing story trailer
  • Collectors Editions announced
  • Limited edition merch at biowarestore
  • Andromeda Initiative ARG-lite with additional story background info AND DLC
  • GI in-depth coverage
  • What the what!?!?!?!?  ME2 and ME3 backwards compatible?  I wished, but never expected it.
Only thing I didn't get....a firm release date.  All signs point to March, but the lack of commitment is a bit scary.  Oh, and release dates on the first novel.  I'm waiting anxiously for that.

Now I have to start piecing together the story from all the different sources. 

Just for grins.....how many years have we been chatting about Mass Effect now?  This core group has been around for a long time now.  :grouphug:

FYI...here is an image of the Deep Space Armor from the Deluxe Ed.

10.jpg

Data Dump #1

Andromeda Initiative Facts:

The Andromeda Initiative
Founded in 2176 and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

Chubby's notes......funded by powerful benefactors, not sanctioned by the Alliance = stinks of Cerberus.  However, it is multi-species = not Cerberus M.O.  Curious

Data Dump #2: Know your Lore!

The Pathfinder
Alec Ryder – Human Pathfinder

A seasoned galactic explorer, Alec Ryder was a member of Jon Grissom’s original task force which travelled through the Charon mass relay – the first encountered by humanity – in 2149. Ryder would go on to further prove his mettle by completing N7 training, solidifying himself as one of the Alliance military’s elite. Eventually recruited into the role of Pathfinder for the Andromeda Initiative, Ryder represents the tip of the spear in humanity’s efforts to find a new home in this unknown galaxy.

Chubby's Notes:  I love this!  Dig into that lore!

Dump #3:  When?

Can't find the exact source, but it's said in one of the vids that came out today, our crew has been in space for 600 years!  Not light years, we're talking cryo-sleep.  The events of ME3 are long, long gone.  As are even some (all?) of our friends from the long-lived species. 

The initiative blasted off in 2185, so that roughly puts it in the timeframe of ME2.  So, there really is no way for just about anyone we know (squadmates, periphery players like Aria, etc.) to be with us on these ships. 

THIS REALLY IS A REBOOT!

On the when

it's 600 years but it was tweeted "We said 600 years... but from when". SO the ME:AI - ah A.I huh - site indicated 2185 as AI's launch date. As you read here, it looks like that'll place it in between ME 2 & 3.

Xbox One even though I will not be able to play with you guys but hey I haven't even pre-ordered it yet. I'm still looking for a Collector's Edition I want. I might have to be going the ebay route after picking up the Deluxe Edition just for that stupid steel case. I just can't justify all that cash to a game I don't necessarily know I'll love...

That is the only time that the ME2 and ME3 soundtracks have been released physically.  I have no interest in vinyl, but that's a nice collectible.  If the albums themselves had printing, I'd get them and frame them. 

In addition to new squad mates to meet and take on adventures, BioWare has also revealed that the traditional class system which featured heavily in the previous Mass Effect games will not be returning. Instead, a flexible skill system is being implemented, giving players the freedom of choice to acquire and use skills across multiple skill trees instead of locking their selection into a specific path. Though fans have yet to hear what kind of skills, loadouts, or abilities they’ll have to pick from, this new system should allow players to make their Ryder sibling completely unique from other players.
OP, oh man people are gonna be OP. Soldier/Vanguard/Engineer lol.

I'm in for the regular edition art book, as well.  I'll wait for a collection of some sort later on and get the fancy edition of that (if it happens). 

Of the books, I'm most interested in the tie-in novel.  I've asked a few people at bioware about it via twitter and no response. 

HEADS UP! Discovered this on my FB feed, checked my email, nothing.

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/welcome

Orientation Briefing

Currently watching!

Oh you might want to sign in.

TRACK YOUR PROGRESS

Sign in to unlock exclusive content available only to certified Andromeda Initiative recruits, and become eligible to receive your exclusive Pathfinder helmet.
large.img.png

Done!

ACHIEVE FULL CERTIFICATIONEARN ELITE EQUIPMENT
xsmall.img.png

You have completed your first mission briefing, and your progress towards earning an exclusive special edition Pathfinder helmet has been recorded. New briefings will be released as the Andromeda Initiative launch date approaches.
:p

Thanks, Spybreak9.  I hit that link and did the briefing, cool stuff.  Made sure to check off that I wanted ME updates, which hopefully will get emails with the other briefings showing up in email. 

Shame that it was "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY". 

Made sure to check off that I wanted ME updates, which hopefully will get emails with the other briefings showing up in email.

Shame that it was "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY".
You can just call me Spy or Spybreak. :wave: Yeah I also did that and found it odd I had nothing in my email even though I had put that in initially back on N7 day.

Of course it's not gameplay, they got until March to ramp it up to that lol.

CxKaS34WQAQ0qr9.jpg

Also I just watched the briefing video again and wear headphones! Dat transition.

Its probably just the deluxe edition extras plus the season pass (my guess)
Yeah that was already detailed on Origin's website I think. It's a download-only edition that has all the DLC from the Deluxe Edition plus a bunch more of the multiplayer booster packs.

The kett look pretty cool to me. Definitely fits right in to the Mass Effect design aesthetic.

The Kett look like cousins to the Collectors when I took a good look at that image on PC Gamer.

Unrelated, for anyone that locked in a pre-order on Amazon for ME: A Deluxe on either platform at the $47.99 "mistake" price, go into the order, click on Change on the payment method and then retry that payment method.  You might find an interesting surprise once you do that...... 

bread's done
Back