* * * * - 8 votes

Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

#masseffect #andromeda #mea

#751 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Well, the reviews are out, and it's less than I expected.  A few of them have been pretty ugly. 

#752 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

I bought all the books, 2 copies of the game for my son in college and me to play together, and the back pack. I'm not happy with the reviews, and didn't  like the character creation and some of the graphics on the xbone. I ordered them on the ps4 (pro) so I hope I can enjoy it.  I played the original trilogy multiple times over and I'll be really upset if it's bad. I buy a lot of games and have a huge backlog. However, this was going to be the head of the pack to play. My Deluxe edition still hasn't shipped either from BB

#753 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11194 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, reviews are decidedly mixed. It's one of those things-- There are games that get bad reviews from critics that I end up loving, and games that are critical darlings that I can't stand. It's a nice bonus when something you like is popular and gets praised in reviews, but it's not going to stop me from enjoying Mass Effect.

Hopefully BioWare takes the feedback on animation, lip syncing, etc., to heart and really knocks the next game out of the park.

#754 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

I think we'll see some adjustments on reviews with some or more technical issues patched.

#755 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

I love Zelda but I don't get the whole critically acclaimed title Breath of the Wild. I think it's very good, not the best ever. No dungeons in that game is an absolute backhanded oh hey we're Zelda statement from the developer. What? I appreciate the open-world of the new Zelda but you gotta be kidding me, no dungeons!? They basically RDR-ed Zelda.

Ahh, I didn't seem to be overly sensitive to the issues critics were having. I noticed a couple of oddities a few times but it didn't "break my game's experience".I knew it wasn't going to be Mass Effect 4, it's titled Andromeda and I know we're working with new developers at this time. From what I've played, opened up the trial today and it said you have less than 30 mins left so I did some strike team debriefing and set them on their way for the next mission!!!, I've enjoyed my time and feel like Andromeda is a good spin off series of Mass Effect. Kind of like Stargate SG-1. Yeah that show was great, then they spun off with Stargate Atlantis which wasn't SG-1, it was Atlantis so it was different and there are things I liked and disliked about it compared to the original concept with SG-1. I think this is a good comparison as SG-1 was highly military as Atlantis was highly scientific focused, similar to the ME trilogy and now ME:A.

Last night I did a few more APEX missions, maybe that's why I have so much less time in the trial lol, with randoms and boy it's just as fun as ME3's multiplayer (and more with the new maps with the jump jet really opens things up. I was running and covering around but then shooting things above me. It then dawned on me that I could as well get up there and when I did there were some good fortified covering spots too. If you're not into the single player, I bet you can play the multiplayer a few months before you get bored with it as it's still a great multiplayer experience. Am I an apologist? No, I was just not hyping this game up like everyone else because I've seen it over and over again, it never pans out when you do that. This isn't ME4, this is ME:A. 1 Day Left.
mass_effect_andromeda_e3_trailer_6.jpg

Is that APEX HQ up yet?! Update: Yes, is up on the Play Store, iOS not confirmed by me but I'd assume so.

#756 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Downloaded and browsed through the APEX HQ app and am quite impressed with what you can do in it. It's super efficient to get your characters up to speed before you jump into the battle. This is good because often times you'll be able to join an ongoing mission and you'll want to have your dude/dudet all ready to go to get in as soon as you can. Also I tried to debrief my strike teams but it doesn't let you, or I couldn't figure out how to, so it just let's you check up on their duration for said mission. Still, being able to change your loadout, acquire skills or upgrade ones and read what's what is super useful.

#757 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Amazon just dropped this off...  :D/

rKi8EMK.png

#758 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

^ Nice! Yeah I'm really annoyed, Amazon only says it'll be there by 8PM, no shipping info or anything. "We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." Gaaah

Mass Effect: Andromeda: Abilities Showcase, don't watch if you want to go in completely blind, (shows enemies/abilities/locations/etc).

Spoiler
But it's GLORIOUS!

#759 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

Best Buy's copies are just now listed as being shipped as of the last 1-2 hours.   Pretty much guaranteed my physical copies won't be here tomorrow.  I assumed that once I saw that they didn't ship from Thu - Sat like the rest of my stuff did, so I bought the Super Deluxe digital version, so I'm good for when it unlocks tonight.  I took the day off tomorrow to do nothing except run to Target to get their Peebee Funco and then drive my couch to play ME: A. 

I'll read BB the riot act when they show up on Wednesday.  

#760 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

^ Yeah I got an email from BB about my SB today being shipped too. It says it'll be here tomorrow so you might be good but I get why you went with the digital version too lol.

#761 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

Shrike, post back if you find the Target variant PeeBee. I looked yesterday at my local Target w/ my wife and daughter - and no luck. Still isn't listed online either.

#762 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

My BB preorder says shipped this morning as well.  I usually do in-store pick up.  This is my first shipped preorder so this is a test for me to see how the timing works out for delivery in my area.

If it doesn't get here tomorrow, I guess I'll spend the time doing my taxes instead of exploring Andromeda...

Edit: My BB preorder shipping status just updated.  Says estimated arrival is Wednesday, which probably means late Wednesday.  :( 

#763 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Shrike, post back if you find the Target variant PeeBee. I looked yesterday at my local Target w/ my wife and daughter - and no luck. Still isn't listed online either.

I called my local Target yesterday when it still wasn't up on Target.com and according to the electronics rep, they're street-dated for tomorrow.  They're supposedly limit 1 per person as well.  The rep I talked with yesterday said he has one box of them with only 8 on-hand.   I'm hauling ass to Target as close to open or before open as I can manage. 

Anyone who is selling them or sold them on eBay had them from a store that broke street date, which is a serious thing.  I posted the DPCI a couple of pages back, though this is it again (supposedly):

207 04 0151

I just double-checked one of my BB orders and it's supposedly Next Day Air Saver according to UPS My Choice, which means it could show up as late as 3-4PM.  Other one is coming FedEx, though the FedEx website says it's 2-day with delivery by Wed 8PM.  Still will have the riot act phone call with BB on Wednesday. :wall:

#764 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

My BB and Amazon orders shipped and supposedly say delivery tomorrow but this late in the game I'm not optimistic :(

Did get my steelbook tonight though, not bad for a free preorder bonus.

#765 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

Notification on my phone stated my strike teams were ready so I booted up the remaining time of my Andromeda trial but then it doesn't load. I see Live is having issues now so that was probably it, at the time I was like ahh man I used all the time?! Lol, so there's still hope! So after I'm done watching APB I'll give it another shot lol. FYI, there's a sick RE bundle on Live atm, possibly people spamming the system or just went down coincidentally.

#766 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

Hey, BB, claiming a "Carrier Delay" to FedEx isn't the case when you've printed the shipping labels and yet, FedEx doesn't have them. :wall: 

#767 kcobra22  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

I went digital with Super Deluxe, so i'll be playing tonight. 

Here's 3 random tips I have from playing multiplayer:

Blindfire is a thing now and definitely helpful with a good gun.

The new cover system is better. So far I think the best way to use it is to dash into cover. It's quick and works every time.

Powers have individual cooldowns now, so you can create combo's much easier.

#768 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5415 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

Hey Shrike and Blinknot....my local target HAS the target exclusive Peebee funko pop in stock, but wouldn't sell it until tomorrow.  I'm going to stop by there on the way home tomorrow and if I can grab a couple of them, want me to snag one for each of you guys? 

#769 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

I'm gonna swing back by Target tomorrow. Try my luck again. Thanks for the offer, hold off for now. I sincerely appreciate it, though.

#770 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Well this is odd. Contrary of the statement earlier that Bioware said they would not patch better facial animations, a Redditer found a Sarah Ryder that looks different now.
mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-sara
Day one patch different.

#771 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

https://arstechnica....ition-in-space/

Worth a read, if you're looking for a reasonably-minded review.

Hey Shrike and Blinknot....my local target HAS the target exclusive Peebee funko pop in stock, but wouldn't sell it until tomorrow.  I'm going to stop by there on the way home tomorrow and if I can grab a couple of them, want me to snag one for each of you guys? 

My Target also has them as well, though like yours, won't sell them until tomorrow since they're street-dated.  The rep I spoke with said 1 per person, so you might not luck out with a second. 

I'm planning on being there are open and making sure I grab the one I need. If I can grab another one, I will in case anyone gets shafted.   My store had one box with 8, so that might be just my store or everyone gets just 8 per store.  Still not sure why Target didn't put theirs up and only has The Archon up there, unlike BB + GS which posted their exclusives and the common ones, as well as Amazon having all the common ones.  BB + GS + Amazon all had them on pre-order, as well. 

#772 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

Decided to check out the trial, hop on debrief strike teams & hop off, once Live stabilized tonight. I got a notification that an update is available, it's 774.72 MB.

#773 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

I would definitely be interested if anybody can snag an extra Peebee, won't be able to check my store until late tomorrow.

#774 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

Finally got Shipping Info from Amazon App on my phone, it's shipped and will be here tomorrow by 8PM(most likely the default saying)! I gotta drive my folks to the airport tomorrow, lol right, in the morning so hopefully it'll be sitting at my doorstep when I get back. My trial isn't loading, sniffles (if you play with subtitles you'll get this joke).

#775 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5415 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

I would definitely be interested if anybody can snag an extra Peebee, won't be able to check my store until late tomorrow.

If I can pick up a couple I will.  Just to be safe and a good CAG brother. 

If you haven't yet, definitely download the APEX app.  I'm sending my two strike teams out on missions and they're coming back, getting me some loot and mission points building up so I can buy a third strike team.  This is a lot of fun to tinker with. 

#776 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6455 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

I also need a Target Peebee if anybody can grab an extra.

#777 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:32 AM

Noooooooooooo!
Screenshot_20170321-002951.png

#778 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:06 AM

Spy, check the carrier tracking website for why there's a delay.  

#779 kcobra22  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

http://brickseek.com...sku=207-04-0151

Brickseek is showing quantity at each store now for the Target Peebee

#780 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

Great, so much for 8.  My stores are showing 6 quantity and less for sellable.  Wonderful. :wall: