* * * * * 3 votes

Sticky: Fred Meyer's coupons valid upon Xbox & Playstation GC's

Fred Meyer Xbox Playstation XBL PSN SEN

#61 bouda  

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Decent deals even without a stacker, but I'd probably wait just to see if one pops up.

$15 GC WYB 2 GAMES ($29.99+)

$30 GC WYB 3 GAMES ($29.99+)

Far Cry Primal $59.99 + $5 GC (that's $20 in GCs if you got a pre-order card + buy 2 other games)

CoD BO 3, Just Cause, Uncharted Collection $39.99

#62 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

Between Sun, March 6th - Sat, March 12th ... save $20 off a $150 purchase in the Home Electronics dept. with the following coupon:

(snip)

No stackable coupons on VG accessories yet, but you might wait until Saturday before redeeming, in case there's a coupon coming this weekend. :-)

#63 darrinveit  

darrinveit

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

There's a Fred Meyer doorbuster coupon that came out today that's valid 4PM-11PM 4/1 and 7AM-1PM 4/2 that includes the $30 off $150, $20 off $100, and $10 off $50 in video games deal.

#64 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:26 AM

Off topic, but I just wanted to mention Fred Meyer price matches Amazon.com up to $20 (at least the Gateway Fred Meyer store near me does), in case some of you aren't aware.

#65 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

Front page of the Weekly: Home Electronics - $30 off $150 , $20 off $100 , $10 off $50...!!  (April 24th - April 30th)

Oh, how I've missed you...now be a good dear and bring a 15% off video game accessories coupon later in the week, will you?

(I remember the days when I would laugh off 20% off Xbox/PlayStation credit like it was little more than a bi-weekly occurrence...because it practically was...)

#66 darrinveit  

darrinveit

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:05 AM

Front page of the Weekly: Home Electronics - $30 off $150 , $20 off $100 , $10 off $50...!!  (April 24th - April 30th)

Oh, how I've missed you...now be a good dear and bring a 15% off video game accessories coupon later in the week, will you?

(I remember the days when I would laugh off 20% off Xbox/PlayStation credit like it was little more than a bi-weekly occurrence...because it practically was...)

Crossing my fingers for the 15% off coupon on Wednesday.

#67 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:09 AM

i'm just gonna wait until november. problem is i only have about $75 left from last november

#68 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

Crossing my fingers for the 15% off coupon on Wednesday.

Bummer.

The Thursday through Saturday ad is out - and it specifically mentions Electronics - but does not feature anything video game related other than the $30 off $150 coupon we saw earlier.

....so no stackable Video Game Accessories coupon, unfortunately.

#69 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

Damn. I've been hoping for a new 3DS sale coinciding with a $30 off $150 coupon. I do need a new PS4 controller and they are $10 off. I could add in something small and get the $10 off $50 on it - but it would still be $40. I was hoping for cheaper.

#70 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

Here's an image of the 7-day coupon (Apr 24-30) for easy reference ...

(snip)

... or the 3-day coupon (Apr 28-30) if you prefer that one ...

(snip)

... but either way, the rules on both say "May be combined with regular Coupons and Bonus Coupons, but not with another Savings Certificate.", so don't insult the staff by bringing both to a single transaction. :-)

#71 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

Damn. I've been hoping for a new 3DS sale coinciding with a $30 off $150 coupon. I do need a new PS4 controller and they are $10 off. I could add in something small and get the $10 off $50 on it - but it would still be $40. I was hoping for cheaper.

You're bitching about a new/sealed PS4 controller from a local B&M store for only $40+tax?  Amazon currently has it for $47+tax, Groupon has it for $42.30 after 10% coupon, and maybe $37'ish from eBay.  You, sir, are a true CAG! :-({|=

BTW, here's some games on sale, in addition to the $40 PS4 controller mentioned above ...

(snip)

#72 bouda  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

10% VG and $x/$y Qs for next 3 days

Don't see any good deals for games online, though. $44 for Battleborn and other $60 new releases.

#73 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

You're bitching about a new/sealed PS4 controller from a local B&M store for only $40+tax?  Amazon currently has it for $47+tax, Groupon has it for $42.30 after 10% coupon, and maybe $37'ish from eBay.  You, sir, are a true CAG! :-({|=

Well, duh. $40 is way too much. I got most of my 360/PS3 controllers in the $20 range and I expect the same for Xbox One/PS4. What is it with people nowadays accepting near retail as OK? What has happened to CAG!?

(The latter comment is mostly in response to all the people I see on my friend's list buying full-price day one games digitally. And it seems the younger they are the more they spend).

#74 bouda  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

Well, duh. $40 is way too much. I got most of my 360/PS3 controllers in the $20 range and I expect the same for Xbox One/PS4. What is it with people nowadays accepting near retail as OK? What has happened to CAG!?

(The latter comment is mostly in response to all the people I see on my friend's list buying full-price day one games digitally. And it seems the younger they are the more they spend).

If you're on the Groupon mailing list, check to see if you got a Mother's Day Q.

new PS4 controller from $24 to $33 + FS depending on which Q you get.

CB on Groupon is usually pretty decent too, so $21.60 is possible.

#75 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

Another "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" savings certificate popped up between this Thurs (5/5) to Sat (5/7) ...

(snip)

Unfortunately there's no coupon for VG accessories, but at least there's 1 for VG software that stacks ...

(snip)

#76 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

Hmmm... Tempting to get Dark Souls III for $44... Beats GCU by a few bucks.

Edit: Well, fail. They didn't have the 10% off software coupon, had never heard of it, and it wasn't in any of the inserts they had. Is that only regional? They usually aren't (as Fred Meyer is only regional anyway). I'm sure it is real, but it kind of sucks when the Electronics employees aren't aware of a 7-day coupon.

Edit #2: Double fail. Went to my local store and they had and were aware of the coupon. But no oopies of Dark Souls III. D'oh! I'll have to go back to the stupid store tomorrow. I knew I should have pushed them a bit more for it. But the guy kept just showing me the $10/$20/$30 coupon and saying "you mean this?". And I really wanted to start the game tonight. Grrr...

#77 darrinveit  

darrinveit

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

Last time I went to the Issaquah Fred Meyer, they were out of the prepaid Xbox Live cards that are pre-activated. They only had pre-activated PSN cards in the secured area. It seems like they're moving the cards that have to be activated by the POS terminal into the electronics area in a few Fred Meyer locations. Anyone know if these still work with the video game accessories or $30 off $150 coupons, or are they viewed as gift cards and excluded?

#78 darrinveit  

darrinveit

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Unfortunately, it appears that this deal won't be around much longer. I visited two Fred Meyer locations in the Seattle area and both were out of pre-activated Xbox Live cards. I chatted with a manager who confirmed that they are switching over to the POS activated cards and those are classified as gift cards and are exempt from the coupons - we tried with some of the POS activated Xbox cards today and they didn't ring up at 20% off.

#79 bouda  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:14 AM

15% VGA Q this week and some BB-like (pre-GCU) prices on games

Hopefully there's a $x/$y Q this week.

#80 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

4_54_4.jpg

Good lookin' out.

Hopefully the company doesn't switch every store over to 'Gift Card' activation, or at least takes its time in doing so.

#81 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

It seems like they're moving the cards that have to be activated by the POS terminal into the electronics area in a few Fred Meyer locations. Anyone know if these still work with the video game accessories or $30 off $150 coupons, or are they viewed as gift cards and excluded?

Oh come on ... I already put that question in the FAQ!!!

While you may find Xbox, Playstation, and other gaming-related gift-cards nearby on the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk in the Home or Grocery departments, only the shelf-hanging tags on the Game Accessories rack within the Home Electronics dept. are considered "accessories". Here are examples what the shelf-hanging tags look like ... ... remember these are amongst the Game Accessories (like gamepads & headphones), and NOT the Gift Card Mall kiosk or end-cap!

I'm having a hard time believing they'll be gone for good, since the pre-activated cards come straight from Microsoft & Sony, whereas the POS-activated GC's (stocked at the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk) go through a middle-man (Fastcard).  I'm assuming that FM/Kroger's commission on the Fastcard GC's is down around 15% (just like Safeway's occasional "15% off" sales on iTunes GC's) ... while the commission for pre-activated cards (direct from the OEM's) is about the same as physical merchandise & our typical double-stacked VGA's @ 25-30%.

Even if they try sticking with POS-activated GC's for awhile, sooner or later they'll come back to the pre-activated cards.  I think it's more likely that Microsoft is re-branding the XBOX cards, and wants retailers to bleed out their inventory in time for E3, since OEM returns are costly to both retailers & Microsoft.  Also the POS-activated GC's (in that half of the store) are incurred as income for the Home dept, and not the Electronics dept, which is why that end-cap / kiosk is physically located outside the dept (except for a few exceptions like iTunes or Nintendo).

Sadly I didn't visit any FM's during this sale, but on your next visit, check to see if they still have $25/$50 shelf tags for Xbox & PSN pre-activated cards (stocked with dummy cards), because only when they're discontinued will the tags be pulled. :D/

#82 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

Unfortunately, NO $10 off / $20 off / $30 off for the May 12th through May 14th ad.

#83 darrinveit  

darrinveit

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:30 AM

Oh come on ... I already put that question in the FAQ!!!

I'm having a hard time believing they'll be gone for good, since the pre-activated cards come straight from Microsoft & Sony, whereas the POS-activated GC's (stocked at the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk) go through a middle-man (Fastcard).  I'm assuming that FM/Kroger's commission on the Fastcard GC's is down around 15% (just like Safeway's occasional "15% off" sales on iTunes GC's) ... while the commission for pre-activated cards (direct from the OEM's) is about the same as physical merchandise & our typical double-stacked VGA's @ 25-30%.

Even if they try sticking with POS-activated GC's for awhile, sooner or later they'll come back to the pre-activated cards.  I think it's more likely that Microsoft is re-branding the XBOX cards, and wants retailers to bleed out their inventory in time for E3, since OEM returns are costly to both retailers & Microsoft.  Also the POS-activated GC's (in that half of the store) are incurred as income for the Home dept, and not the Electronics dept, which is why that end-cap / kiosk is physically located outside the dept (except for a few exceptions like iTunes or Nintendo).

Sadly I didn't visit any FM's during this sale, but on your next visit, check to see if they still have $25/$50 shelf tags for Xbox & PSN pre-activated cards (stocked with dummy cards), because only when they're discontinued will the tags be pulled. :D/

P.S.  Is anyone else getting tired of seeing VGA coupons depicted with Yoda on an ice-cream sandwich? :rofl:

extra_large.jpg

I was aware that the PoS-activated cards located in the gift card end caps didn't qualify for the coupons in the past. However, with the change that Fred Meyer is making to move away from the pre-activated cards to PoS-activated cards, they also moved the Xbox and PSN PoS-activated cards into the electronics department. I was hoping, but not expecting, that perhaps the coupons would now work on PoS-activated cards that were activated in the electronics department. Alas, that is not the case.

The three locations I visited in the Seattle area had all pulled the pre-paid tags off the shelves once their stock was depleted, and one location that was out of both Xbox and PSN cards had already absorbed the shelf space for other accessories. A supervisor in one store mentioned that they were all moving to the Blackhawk-supplied PoS cards and there weren't any plans to restock the pre-activated cards.

#84 bouda  

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

$20 off XBL 12 month eQ.

Not sure if you can get away with a PM and then the eQ to get it for $19.99

#85 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:15 AM

extra_large.jpg

Thursday, June 9th through Saturday, June 11th:

$30 off $150

$20 off $100

$10 off $50

Home Electronics, Music, Movies & Video Games

#86 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

extra_large.jpg

10% off Video Game Accessories: June 12th through June 18th.

...Lets see if a $money off $money stackable coupon shows up mid-week.

#87 bouda  

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

There's some pretty good X1/PS4 VG deals with the GC offer.

After GC WYB3:

$13

Star Wars Battlefront

ESO

Mighty No. 9

Batman AK

$23

PvZ2

Battleborn

UFC2

FC-Primal

Sale

AC-S $15

R6-S $20

Even better deals if you can get the military discount on 16th. Those $23 games would be ~$16 if they do come out with a $x/$y Q. Dunno if discounts affect the GC minimum price req.

#88 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

4_2_5.jpg

and finally - we have stackable 'Accessories' and '$off' coupons.

(having issues getting it to look right here...but the ad is there in the in-store ads.)

#89 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4637 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Came here to post the Father's Day 2 day ad, but see I'm beat...

but Bizzquik, which is the 'stackable' part?   Am I missing a coupon over and above the one you posted above?  Looking to get PSN credit and would love to double stack coupons, but I only see the 1.

EDIT ---- NEVERMIND, it's a few posts above that.  awesome.  in for $150 in credit I guess.   Well, $170 actually, to make it work.

There's only the one 10% stackable, right?

#90 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:54 PM

Correct, just the two coupons:

* 10% off accessories

* $10 off $50, or $20 off $100, or $30 off $150.