* * * * - 4 votes

Win a gold PS4 w/ Nathan Drake collection and 1yr PS+. Starts Sept 24

#31 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

I'm sooooo confused by how this contest works. I can enter daily, but I need a new code each day, and it's one play per day per person? 

#32 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

So I went to Taco Bell since I don't punish my body enough and got the big box. Didn't get a PS4 box. I politely asked if they were doing the promotion and the cashier stared blankly at me. "What promotion?" I responded by saying "that one" and pinging the the 3'x4' banner 8 inches from his head. He said he didn't know anything about it but I shouldn't bother. It's a one in a million chance that I'd win anything anyway.

So... I'm heading to staples to buy postcards after work today and will get some stamps while I'm at it. Anyone else have an experience similar with their local T-Bell?

#33 BigDumbHippy   I love you CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

BigDumbHippy

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

Can someone please explain how the postcard thing works?

#34 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

So I went to Taco Bell since I don't punish my body enough and got the big box. Didn't get a PS4 box. I politely asked if they were doing the promotion and the cashier stared blankly at me. "What promotion?" I responded by saying "that one" and pinging the the 3'x4' banner 8 inches from his head. He said he didn't know anything about it but I shouldn't bother. It's a one in a million chance that I'd win anything anyway.

So... I'm heading to staples to buy postcards after work today and will get some stamps while I'm at it. Anyone else have an experience similar with their local T-Bell?

You should request a refund. I absolutely wouldn't pay for the food if they didn't give you the box.

#35 alexgo  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Lol. Not only did he not know anything about it, but he specifically told you not to bother because you won't win? That's the whole point. Give people an almost nil chance to win something, sales triple, huge profit.

#36 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

Went to a taco bell/kfc and asked if they had the ps4 boxes. The guy had no idea what I was talking about and just rang me up a $6 box. Didn't get the code and when I asked again afterwards the guy tells me they didn't get them yet.

Anyways I do know someone who won a ps4 the last time. Not sure how the mail in will work if they email you the codes, I would think it would take maybe a week to get it after mailing it in.

#37 Kezmer   Disgruntled Gamer CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

I havent won one of these national contests since i got 4th place in a Big League Chew co test and got arm sweat bands lol. I ate 4 of those god awful big boxes last year and no luck but ill try again.

#38 zekeike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

Can someone please explain how the postcard thing works?

B.   Without a Purchase (Mail-In Code Request): To obtain a Code without making a purchase from September 24, 2015 through October 21, 2015, an eligible consumer must legibly hand write his/her full name (no initials), complete street address (no P.O. Box), age, and valid e-mail address on a 3½” x 5” properly stamped postcard and mail it to: Taco Bell and PlayStation Game Code Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Requests sent in an envelope will not be accepted. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by October 21, 2015 and received by October 28, 2015. Administrator will send one (1) Code by e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the request. Each entrant may obtain no more than one (1) Code per day (as determined by the postmark date on each postcard), and no more than twenty-eight (28) Codes in total, through this method of Code request. Multiple mail-in requests with the same postmark date will be deemed one (1) request. Mail-in requests will not be returned and no further correspondence will be entered into. Mail-in requests must be original and hand-written. No mechanical reproductions are allowed.

Congrats on the guy who won already.

Bought a box today and lost.

#39 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:43 AM

I think I will just try entering early morning, might have better chances then trying when people are actively eating and entering their codes at the same time.

#40 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

I'm no Taco Bell snob, but the Big Box meal I bought tonight to get the code was vile. That Queserito thing was awful - I lasted two bites. If they offered a big box with a grilled stuffed steak soft taco and two normal tacos instead of that Doritos loco crap, I'd go back - instead I'll stick to the postcard method. Even worse, despite the huge stack of the specially marked boxes with the code on them just sitting there, they gave me my meal in a normal box. I had to convince them to just hand me a box with the code on it.

#41 boneoracle  

boneoracle

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

At a few local taco bells during the last time they did this promotion, some of the employees would steal them to use and/or sell online, and we had to go out of the way to get codes.  Took forever to get a straight answer as to what was going on.

#42 nowayin121   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

nowayin121

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

I won at 3.05 AM central time. Won on the website.

#43 inventorjoe  

inventorjoe

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Anyways I do know someone who won a ps4 the last time. Not sure how the mail in will work if they email you the codes, I would think it would take maybe a week to get it after mailing it in.

I did a lot of mail in codes last year. They took forever to get back. It seemed to be that way for a lot of people too. So don't bother sending if it's like 2 weeks before the online AMOE (do send now though).

I'm no Taco Bell snob, but the Big Box meal I bought tonight to get the code was vile. That Queserito thing was awful - I lasted two bites. If they offered a big box with a grilled stuffed steak soft taco and two normal tacos instead of that Doritos loco crap, I'd go back - instead I'll stick to the postcard method. Even worse, despite the huge stack of the specially marked boxes with the code on them just sitting there, they gave me my meal in a normal box. I had to convince them to just hand me a box with the code on it.

You can customize your box. It's really easy to do on the app. I made my queserito steak with no chipotle sauce and my taco soft and my doritos loco a spicy one.

#44 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

inventorjoe, on 25 Sept 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

You can customize your box. It's really easy to do on the app. I made my queserito steak with no chipotle sauce and my taco soft and my doritos loco a spicy one.

Ahhh, good to know - I'll give that a try - thanks!

#45 TooMuchCoolness   Deep Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

TooMuchCoolness

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

What model is the gold PS4? 

#46 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

At a few local taco bells during the last time they did this promotion, some of the employees would steal them to use and/or sell online, and we had to go out of the way to get codes.  Took forever to get a straight answer as to what was going on.

If they would of won with the stolen codes, wouldn't they need to show proof with a receipt that they actually won? So dumb.

#47 Sw33tbombs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Sw33tbombs

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Wait...we're supposed to keep te receipt?

Anyways last time I bought one of these boxes they just handed meI food on a tray. They said they don't hand out the boxes if it's for here so I had to ask for it separately and the dude looked at the lady behind him who gave him a nod so he reluctantly handed me one. It seems like the employees are really stingy about giving away boxes.

#48 inventorjoe  

inventorjoe

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

No, you don't need a receipt to claim, but I would keep the code off the box if you use one just in case (even though it's really not necessary either). You can mail in for codes, so they wouldn't expect every win to have a receipt anyway.

#49 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Anyways last time I bought one of these boxes they just handed meI food on a tray. They said they don't hand out the boxes if it's for here so I had to ask for it separately and the dude looked at the lady behind him who gave him a nod so he reluctantly handed me one. It seems like the employees are really stingy about giving away boxes.

That is fucking awful. I am about to go get some Taco Bell since I am between classes and I am for sure going to get the PS4 box if I buy one.

#50 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11714 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

I won at 3.05 AM central time. Won on the website.

Two winners already? Damn CAGers you got some good luck!

#51 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

Well I would keep the receipt in case if it was ever questioned.

#52 OrionBrando   Maestro CAG CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

OrionBrando

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

Bad luck my fellowe CAGers , went to taco bell two hours ago, ate there and kept the code from the box to redeem it at home, when arrived at home the code said it was used already :/ already sent a report to taco bell e-mail but don't know what else to do, gladly I got the receipt with cashier's name, hour of purchase and store, hope it helps

#53 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6676 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:21 PM

I got a box and it will probably be my last one. I am still hungry after finishing the box and the food was meh. I'll probably wait for the free online codes later since I am not really a fast food person.

#54 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:33 PM

I got a box and it will probably be my last one. I am still hungry after finishing the box and the food was meh. I'll probably wait for the free online codes later since I am not really a fast food person.

Once the online code hits, your chances of winning go down 1000000% since everyone and their mothers will be entering that code.

#55 Kuroko   Frugal Princess CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Probably a dumb question, but can you use the same code once a day or do you have to keep buying the boxes for more codes?

#56 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Two winners already? Damn CAGers you got some good luck!

Best odds are in the beginning when few know about the contest.

#57 my2k2zx2   Molly, Rockin the Doggles CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

Probably a dumb question, but can you use the same code once a day or do you have to keep buying the boxes for more codes?

box codes are only good for one play.

#58 Sw33tbombs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Sw33tbombs

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:50 AM

Guys, last year when they had this going on I went and bought some post card stamps from the post office. They were 34 cents each. I have some left over that I was going to use but I just found out the price went up to 35 cents now. Does that mean I can't use these stamps anymore?

#59 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

Guys, last year when they had this going on I went and bought some post card stamps from the post office. They were 34 cents each. I have some left over that I was going to use but I just found out the price went up to 35 cents now. Does that mean I can't use these stamps anymore?

That means you'll need to buy 1 cent stamps to go along with your 34 cent stamps, unless they were forever stamps.

#60 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Won this morning :)

Went to Taco Bell last night 5 till 11 and the employees acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but never turned me away either. I showed them the contest on my phone and they had to talk to their manager. They said it didn't start until Midnight and I explained that was Midnight Eastern, so I got my box last night.

My wife gets up at 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays for running club, so I had her enter it and we won!

Sorry for the boring story, but I'm happy this worked since I did the exact same thing last year and it didn't work. I did end up winning a ps4 from Taco Bell last year later in the contest when I randomly woke up at 5 on a Saturday.

Now I need to figure out what to do with a second ps4. I probably have 3 friends and a niece and nephew who'd want one. Thinking of seeing if anybody wants to buy it for $200.

Congrats, my fellow CAG! Any chance you could tell us what time you entered your code? :)