Win a gold PS4 w/ Nathan Drake collection and 1yr PS+. Starts Sept 24

Wait...we're supposed to keep te receipt?

Anyways last time I bought one of these boxes they just handed meI food on a tray. They said they don't hand out the boxes if it's for here so I had to ask for it separately and the dude looked at the lady behind him who gave him a nod so he reluctantly handed me one. It seems like the employees are really stingy about giving away boxes.
Well I would keep the receipt in case if it was ever questioned.

Bad luck my fellowe CAGers , went to taco bell two hours ago, ate there and kept the code from the box to redeem it at home, when arrived at home the code said it was used already :/ already sent a report to taco bell e-mail but don't know what else to do, gladly I got the receipt with cashier's name, hour of purchase and store, hope it helps

I got a box and it will probably be my last one. I am still hungry after finishing the box and the food was meh. I'll probably wait for the free online codes later since I am not really a fast food person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a box and it will probably be my last one. I am still hungry after finishing the box and the food was meh. I'll probably wait for the free online codes later since I am not really a fast food person.
Once the online code hits, your chances of winning go down 1000000% since everyone and their mothers will be entering that code.

Probably a dumb question, but can you use the same code once a day or do you have to keep buying the boxes for more codes?

Guys, last year when they had this going on I went and bought some post card stamps from the post office. They were 34 cents each. I have some left over that I was going to use but I just found out the price went up to 35 cents now. Does that mean I can't use these stamps anymore?

Guys, last year when they had this going on I went and bought some post card stamps from the post office. They were 34 cents each. I have some left over that I was going to use but I just found out the price went up to 35 cents now. Does that mean I can't use these stamps anymore?
That means you'll need to buy 1 cent stamps to go along with your 34 cent stamps, unless they were forever stamps.

Won this morning :)

Went to Taco Bell last night 5 till 11 and the employees acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but never turned me away either. I showed them the contest on my phone and they had to talk to their manager. They said it didn't start until Midnight and I explained that was Midnight Eastern, so I got my box last night.

My wife gets up at 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays for running club, so I had her enter it and we won!

Sorry for the boring story, but I'm happy this worked since I did the exact same thing last year and it didn't work. I did end up winning a ps4 from Taco Bell last year later in the contest when I randomly woke up at 5 on a Saturday.

Now I need to figure out what to do with a second ps4. I probably have 3 friends and a niece and nephew who'd want one. Thinking of seeing if anybody wants to buy it for $200.
Congrats, my fellow CAG! Any chance you could tell us what time you entered your code? :)

How much was the Big Box for you guys? I was expecting $5 but was actually $7.00, 2 choices, 4 items: a Burrito Supreme (+.70 for chicken), a lowest tier Crunchy Taco, Cheesy Gordita Crunch and drink. No cinnamon twists. 

Total: $8.39.

4 pieces of chicken, mostly sauce and a few beans. Supreme my ass, 10 bites done, best part was the Pepsi. I didn't get a look at individual item prices (haven't been there in 5 yrs+) but hard to believe they'd add up to be more than what I paid, felt ripped off and it all tasted like crap. Also had to go the bathroom within 45 minutes.

They even gave me my food in a regular brown bag and I had to give him a look and he goes, "Oh right," at the same time I started to ask about the code to get the folded box. Not cool, seems like employees are counting on customers not knowing and giving them to friends etc.

Overall, terrible experience, waste of $ and not worth the hit on health. They should've gone with a better, healthier option if they were really customer centric and in line with their boot-up health warning screen. Like Subway with Uncharted 3 or a number of other options. Chipotle, Panda Express even.

Shit. I already sent in a bunch of post cards with 34 cent stamps. Are they just not going to be delivered then?
You're only supposed to send one a day (assuming you're sending for yourself). If you send more than one a day it only counts as one and they only send you one code according to the rules.

How much was the Big Box for you guys? I was expecting $5 but was actually $7.00, 2 choices, 4 items: a Burrito Supreme (+.70 for chicken), a lowest tier Crunchy Taco, Cheesy Gordita Crunch and drink. No cinnamon twists.

Total: $8.39.

4 pieces of chicken, mostly sauce and a few beans. Supreme my ass, 10 bites done, best part was the Pepsi. I didn't get a look at individual item prices (haven't been there in 5 yrs+) but hard to believe they'd add up to be more than what I paid, felt ripped off and it all tasted like crap. Also had to go the bathroom within 45 minutes.

They even gave me my food in a regular brown bag and I had to give him a look and he goes, "Oh right," at the same time I started to ask about the code to get the folded box. Not cool, seems like employees are counting on customers not knowing and giving them to friends etc.

Overall, terrible experience, waste of $ and not worth the hit on health. They should've gone with a better, healthier option if they were really customer centric and in line with their boot-up health warning screen. Like Subway with Uncharted 3 or a number of other options. Chipotle, Panda Express even.
I noticed it depended on the area you go to. Dollar items at my home are actually a dollar and the big box is also around $5. Here at my university, all the $1 items are $1.39, the $1 dare devil grillers are $1.49, and the big box was around $6.29

I had 2 options of big box I think. It was volcano quesrito beef and 2 tacos one of which is doritos. Then the same thing except it wasn't volcano.

You're only supposed to send one a day (assuming you're sending for yourself). If you send more than one a day it only counts as one and they only send you one code according to the rules.
I have sent in three, one for each of my family. But what about the stamp issue?

Looks like Taco Bell got a website upgrade. There is also new offer of buy $10 and save $2. I will use that later today.

I downloaded the Taco Bell mobile app and there is a banner that says $2 off $10.  However, I dont quite get how to apply the offer.  The banner isnt clickable, adding $10 worth of stuff doesnt auto apply it, and I cant find any "offers" section.

Anybody know how to do this?

I preloaded my code on my phone so I could just text it whenever I woke up in the middle of the night. I woke up at 4:55, hit send...... lost.

I didn't see this topic posted yet so here goes. I figure we help with codes, strategies and etc.

Also post the time you won as well.

Good Luck everyone!

Oh and link is below for the contest and official rules

www.tacobell.com/winps4

Anybody know why texting didn't work on my phone? I tried two different devices. Texted the code and help and stop and never received a message. Texted help from another phone and still never received a message. I Googled to see if short codes don't work with Straight Talk for whatever reason and didn't really reach any conclusive answer. I can receive short codes sent to my phone though. Don't know any other number to test sending to see if that doesn't work for whatever reason.

You just answered your own question.
Uh, no I didn't. Any three of those messages would have given a response. I waited 30 minutes in between texting the code and stop, so I would have gotten some form of message from the code before they see the stop text. Even then, they would have sent a text confirming the stop message. Thanks for not contributing anything helpful.

Bought a box last night only to find out that my box had become a bag. Called the 1-800 number today and they are sending me a code via email. Can take up to 48 hours. I don't know why these things aren't just instant. It's 2015, not 1995.

When I went to taco bell to get the big box, they had put it in a bag. I told the guy and he grabbed a big box from the side and not where they usually store the boxes. I am pretty sure he is trying to give people bags and take their boxes with the codes on them.

Luckily the code worked, but I did not win.

Got the gordita crunch big box instead of the quesorito. So much better.

Won nothing yet. I bought a pack of index cards today and will send 1 everyday or so.

Bought a box last night only to find out that my box had become a bag. Called the 1-800 number today and they are sending me a code via email. Can take up to 48 hours. I don't know why these things aren't just instant. It's 2015, not 1995.
If they tried to give me a bag instead of a box when they were advertising it in store, I would demand they either give me the box or a refund.

Shit, another year of stomache aches and crappy food. No thanks, I'll just send in the postcards for the codes

Has anyone received any codes from the post cards? I started sending them in the first day and it is only a state away so I would think they would have got to one of mine already.

Has anyone received any codes from the post cards? I started sending them in the first day and it is only a state away so I would think they would have got to one of mine already.
When I sent in my postcards for the launch one, they came about a week and a half later, all in a giant bulk of 30 emails. So it takes some time with them.

When I sent in my postcards for the launch one, they came about a week and a half later, all in a giant bulk of 30 emails. So it takes some time with them.
You don't send one on Sunday right? The mail person would come pickup up mail on Monday and if you send more than one they'll count it as one.

You don't send one on Sunday right? The mail person would come pickup up mail on Monday and if you send more than one they'll count it as one.
I actually sent the maximum allowed entries (I think it was something like 32) all on one day. It looks like the rules have been changed to accommodate a postmarked date, so yeah you would skip Sunday or risk having two entries postmarked for Monday.

If you're going to keep eating, I recommend using the app to replace all the beef with beans.  You're basically eating a bunch of bean and cheese tacos/burritos, which is dramatically less unhealthy and easier on your system.

Gonna try a few attempts at this soon despite having a PS4 now. Would wind up giving the prize to one of my friends who doesnt have a ps4 much like i did when i won the subway uncharted contest long ago with my ps3

If you're going to keep eating, I recommend using the app to replace all the beef with beans. You're basically eating a bunch of bean and cheese tacos/burritos, which is dramatically less unhealthy and easier on your system.
Good idea, didn't know you could do that so did that tonight and still lost in every way conceivable. 0-2 and done with eating this crap.

I don't know if it's just my Taco Bell but the food is horrible. Tiny Burrito Supreme and whole box doesn't fill you up for $8 when the $6 burrito at the local real mexican joint is big enough on it's own, with much more meat, flavor and ingredients. I just have this uneasy feeling in my stomach right now like I ate something unnatural.

Oh, and I got the bag both times and had to ask for the box. This time I flat out asked the cashier if somebody was keeping them for themselves and she laughed while breaking eye contact. Guilty.

Went to Taco Bell this afternoon to buy lunch for my nephew and I.  Asked the cashier if they had the boxes with the codes on them and he assured me that they did.  After waiting 10 minutes they came out with my food.  I asked the girl who handed me the food if the boxes were the ones with codes, and she assured me they were.  Like a fool, I believed them and left the restaurant.  When I got home and opened the bag, they were the regular boxes with no codes.  Anyone have any luck with contacting Taco Bell about this kind of crap?

Went to Taco Bell this afternoon to buy lunch for my nephew and I. Asked the cashier if they had the boxes with the codes on them and he assured me that they did. After waiting 10 minutes they came out with my food. I asked the girl who handed me the food if the boxes were the ones with codes, and she assured me they were. Like a fool, I believed them and left the restaurant. When I got home and opened the bag, they were the regular boxes with no codes. Anyone have any luck with contacting Taco Bell about this kind of crap?
Rule 1: Check your food before you leave

I believe someone else here contacted Taco Bell about not getting a code and they emailed them one is a couple of days.

Went to Taco Bell this afternoon to buy lunch for my nephew and I. Asked the cashier if they had the boxes with the codes on them and he assured me that they did. After waiting 10 minutes they came out with my food. I asked the girl who handed me the food if the boxes were the ones with codes, and she assured me they were. Like a fool, I believed them and left the restaurant. When I got home and opened the bag, they were the regular boxes with no codes. Anyone have any luck with contacting Taco Bell about this kind of crap?
What's so difficult about peeking into your bag? When I went in the drive thru they handed me the blue box itself. I suppose if you wanted to be kind of a dick you can write a poor Yelp review and mention the employee by name.

What's so difficult about peeking into your bag? When I went in the drive thru they handed me the blue box itself. I suppose if you wanted to be kind of a dick you can write a poor Yelp review and mention the employee by name.
I did peek into the bag. I saw two boxes, and already had two employees tell me they were the right ones, so I assumed the codes were on the side of the box.

Have not paid a cent for these boxes, all I do is go thru the drive thru passing the menu and going straight for the window with the cashier, Ask politely for a box, and be on my way.

No tricks, no diarrhea, no cash spent apart from gas. I have not been turned down yet asking politely for a free box.

When does the free one start?
Oct. 22nd

Have not paid a cent for these boxes, all I do is go thru the drive thru passing the menu and going straight for the window with the cashier, Ask politely for a box, and be on my way.

No tricks, no diarrhea, no cash spent apart from gas. I have not been turned down yet asking politely for a free box.
That's awesome.

No tricks, no diarrhea,
I really don't understand why people always seem to associate Taco Bell with diarrhea. You must all have weak stomachs and poor digestive problems if you sh!t water from consuming a few tacos. I get that there isn't much fiber in their food, but unless the food is contaminated with Giardia lamblia or something-- there should be no problem passing through your system. I don't recall ever taking a number 3 after consuming Bell.

When I went to taco bell to get the big box, they had put it in a bag. I told the guy and he grabbed a big box from the side and not where they usually store the boxes. I am pretty sure he is trying to give people bags and take their boxes with the codes on them.

Luckily the code worked, but I did not win.
Happened to me yesterday. I just went to Taco Bell's site and went to the contact form telling them I didn't get a box and would like a code. Got a call today telling me to go to the store and ask for the manager, she'll give me a code and comp a meal.

I went, manager was mad but gave me a box. Didn't want to comp a meal but she ended up giving me a Go Cup.

Gonna have to get in the habit of asking if they have the box in hand before I make a purchase for these promotions.

bread's done
Back