* * * * * 1 votes

The Official 2016 Yard Sale Thread

2016 yard sale yard garage garage sales finds haul

#31 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

I doubt this year will be better for me, last year the only good thing I found was a snes with 2 boxed games (DK country, street fighter turbo) and 2 loose games (Super mario world and super off road) for $30

#32 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:18 AM

Got a Sega Genesis for five bucks... which I'd be more excited about if it weren't a friggin' mess inside. The RF shield is rusty as hell, making me wonder if I should just remove that part and throw it out. On/off switch is a mess, too. Once it's off, it stays off unless you open it up and throw the switch manually. It DOES work, but man is it a fixer-upper.

#33 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

Looks like I might be getting back into buying and selling electronics a bit, though it will be cold here for a while. Lost my job last week due to a down-sizing in the company. Hopefully I'll have another graphic design job soon considering it pays pretty well.

Has anyone here tried selling on OfferUP?

#34 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Snapchat-6118236389807208022-1_zpsdzufp1

These were from the Flea Market. I have a lot of competition here since RetroLiberty and a few other youtubers frequent it. Got these for about $26. The Sega Game in the case is Phantasy Star Online 2. Not shown are two Graphic Novels (Revenge of the Green Goblin and Batman Knightfall Part 3) and Pokemon Ranger.

Promptly traded in Pokemon Ranger and WWE All Stars to GS.

#35 lakers714  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

These were from the Flea Market. I have a lot of competition here since RetroLiberty and a few other youtubers frequent it. Got these for about $26. The Sega Game in the case is Phantasy Star Online 2. Not shown are two Graphic Novels (Revenge of the Green Goblin and Batman Knightfall Part 3) and Pokemon Ranger.

Promptly traded in Pokemon Ranger and WWE All Stars to GS.

Isn't that dude from the OC, how have the flea markets been in the OC lately I have been to them in almost a year+

#36 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3945 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

Looks like I might be getting back into buying and selling electronics a bit, though it will be cold here for a while. Lost my job last week due to a down-sizing in the company. Hopefully I'll have another graphic design job soon considering it pays pretty well.

Has anyone here tried selling on OfferUP?

Sorry to hear that. Found out that hours being cut to 22 hours a week. Seems like many places are cutting back. Hope u land on your feet soon. No, havent heard of OfferUP. This is the first time

#37 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

Isn't that dude from the OC, how have the flea markets been in the OC lately I have been to them in almost a year+

RetroLiberty are the OC youtubers. There are a few more but I don't know them.

Probably the same. More empty spaces than usual. More scanners, resellers, and collectors and such. 

#38 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

Sorry to hear that. Found out that hours being cut to 22 hours a week. Seems like many places are cutting back. Hope u land on your feet soon. No, havent heard of OfferUP. This is the first time

It's a mobile app similar to Craigslist, but people can display profile pictures/personal info. Doesn't seem as shady as Criagslist.

#39 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Got a great lot of old PC games at an auction house this past week. About 60 games total (mostly PC, but there were a few Dreamcast games).

$6 (just the highlights, all games were jewel case and disc, no big boxes sadly)

Battlespire (PC)

Daggetrfall (PC)

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (PC)

Metal Gear Solid (PC)

Crazy Taxi 1 + 2 (DC)

RE: Code Veronica (DC)

Wacky Races (DC)

Soul Calibur (DC)

Didn't even know Metal Gear Solid had a PC release!

#40 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

Actually got something today. Lol

#41 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:47 PM

Since there is no flea market thread I'll just post this here

Got persona4 dancing all night, contra shattered soldier and street fighter alpha 3 MAX for $8 totalimage.jpg

Too lazy to take a picture of the other 2...

Guy selling the games also had some other decent ps1 games but I just took those 3 and ran since people were starting to crowd around.

#42 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

Wouldve been hyped about that. For that price, I think you shouldve stayed and tried to get more. Unless you have people who are scummy and try to take it from your hands.

Cant really do anything once you called dibs

#43 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12533 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

I missed 3 crazy lots on FB today. She sold pokemon games for $1 each, ds console $3, etc. Worst part is she asked me about some games a year ago and I gave her an honest evaluation. I hate people. It doesn't pay to be honest anymore. I should just post on her posts and let her know she got ripped off, but I will control myself.

#44 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3945 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:02 AM

I missed 3 crazy lots on FB today. She sold pokemon games for $1 each, ds console $3, etc. Worst part is she asked me about some games a year ago and I gave her an honest evaluation. I hate people. It doesn't pay to be honest anymore. I should just post on her posts and let her know she got ripped off, but I will control myself.

She probably didnt care that much and was glad to clean up.

#45 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:49 AM

Snapchat-2162381343906171579_zpstkey8ts7

Picked these up. Found out I missed out on some Gunpla from 2 weeks ago which is a shame. But I did tell them to hold any Gunpla they happen to find.

Snapchat-5006197383099261335_zpsrnljv9zl

I actually found N64 stuff. Glad I kept following the signs. The seller was really nice and said the games were a dollar each. For that price, I might as well.

Managed to talk them into giving me the Gameboy Games and the Memory Cards for 2 for $1. All in all, everything was $13

#46 Kaipper  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

First time going out for the year, only went to a few sales but I got some good stuff anyway.

IMG_5804.JPG

:xbox: Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts,  :ps2: Fatal Frame, Devil May Cry 1, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, and Everquest Online Adventures all from the same sale. Paid $3 each. The top row of PS2 games is sealed.

Blue Stinger for Dreamcast was from another sale. Ridiculously grimy but only cost me a quarter.

#47 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

Snapchat-7230939955027441888_zpsf5lka6jj

Woke up early in the morning. Since I went Garage Saling last week, I decided to hit up the Flea Market since it's been a while. Wasn't in the mood to buy much, was mainly there for the exercise. lol. 

Picked up Steam Boy and Ready 2 Rumble for a buck a piece. Picked up Sonic for $4 for the hell of it. Been wanting it for a while. Bought Wii Sports for $5. When I went to check the disc, turns out Mario Kart Wii was in there. Probably was the highlight of my trip. :lol:

Maybe the next time I go to the Flea Market, I'm more in the mood to buy stuff. While I was there, I saw two sellers being forced to pack up and leave. I guess they didn't pay rent.

#48 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10569 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:17 AM

Went to one sale today saw a buy had a Wii system for sale with a Wii Fit Board for $60

Came with 3 controllers and 3 games. Mario Kart, MX vs ATV, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. I also saw TMNT for PS2. He said each game was a $1, I didnt want the Wii Fit Board. I got him down to $40, so system all hookups and 4 games for $40

I'll either keep it or give it my nieces  

Picked up another Wii today for $10, no sensor bar or games. Buts in better shape then the other one. I also got a Fat ps2 with a network adapter for $5

PS2 doesnt read discs

Tested both Wiis, they work as a bonus the one from Sat came with a copy of Mario Super Sluggers in the Drive and when I opened the Mario and Sonic case, it was a copy of Mario Kart Wii

#49 Otherguy676   Grand Pawn Shop Champ! CAGiversary!   1261 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Otherguy676

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Decent value day, although the competition is getting worse each yard sell season.

Ended up with

Complete Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - $5

Shenmue complete - $7

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City PS3 - $3

Call of Duty Black Ops PS3 - $3

1996 Final Fantasy Keychains, set of 5 - $4

1997 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3 figure set - $4

PS2 Fat with accessories in excellent shape - $10

The Final Fantasy keychains are worth $15 apiece and the Zelda figures look to sell for $20 apiece.  They really look nice in my game room.  I've been looking for a complete Twin Snakes for awhile so that was nice addition. 

#50 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

Nothing special but finally had the first sale of the year I bought something at today. Picked up 4 Wii Games for $20. Titles were as follows:

Pikmin
Wii Sports
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart Wii

All are in great shape and will be a nice credit increase towards some of my preorders at GS.

#51 Ilostmyemail   Banned Banned   171 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Ilostmyemail

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:12 AM

Stopped by a yard sale and was surprised that they had a Pioneer CLD-1070 Laserdisc player. The thing was beat up to hell though, lots of cosmetic damage and some damage on the power cord. Would have taken the gamble on it for $10 if I didn't already have my own laserdisc player. Kinda wish I got it just to see if it may have worked though.

#52 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12533 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

I love laserdiscs. They take up a lot of space though. I'm kinda pissed that I missed an Edward Scissorhands on clearance at my HPB last week. I think it was marked down to $2. I was watching it for months and I saw a guy with it in the checkout line. TBH I don't know if my player is working, I never got around to testing it.

#53 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10569 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

Went to one sale that advertised Xbox games.

Went there and didnt have any Xbox Games, they had Wii and PC Stuff though

Got Endless Ocean, Pinball Hall of Fame, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Big Brain Academy all were complete except Wii Sports

I also got cib PC Games, Civilization III Complete, Flight Simulator X, and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. Civ III was sealed. Total was $15

#54 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

I haven't gotten around to posting in about a year, so I'll just mention my laserdisc story now.

Last fall there was someone advertising a laserdisc player, the sale started on a Wednesday and it was the next city over.  Each day the advertisement still said laserdisc player but I figured it was gone the first day.  Saturday rolls around and I have a chance to hit sales, I put the place on my list but decide to go later since it was a half hour away.  I roll up at about 10:00 and they say it sold at about 8:30 that morning.  I was surprised it lasted that long.  They were also surprised; it came with 130 movies   :wall: .  The price?  $30 for everything.

They used to own a video store.  I was able to snare 10 discs they missed that were mixed in with records for $5.

#55 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Yard sale season has started in Baltimore and I was able to hit up about half-a-dozen sales in my neighborhood this past Saturday. The only game I saw was a Just Dance game for Wii, but I managed to snag some baby toys, wine glasses, and a denim vest. At this point, I'm trying to go out with lowered expectations, since the competition for games is pretty fierce. I'm also thinking I need to start avoiding the craigslist sales and exploring the neighborhoods I don't see many sales for. I imagine they've got to be going on, but people just aren't advertising on the internet. Hopefully that means there are less folks looking for games there.

#56 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12533 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

I guess my season has officially begun. :)

Picked up this lot for $20. Bought it for the Capcom v SNK2 and for the smoke dualshock. Two other people were interested, so I offered $15, but settled on their original $20 asking price.

20%20dollar%20ps2%20lot%20A_zps9y0nizp6.

:bouncy:

more to come...

#57 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

Nice find!

#58 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

The big city wide sale for Cuba, MO is coming up this weekend. Usually I have some pretty awesome finds like mutant league hockey last year. I'm debating on taking Friday off though to hit the friday sales.

#59 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10569 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:06 AM

Picked up some more Wii stuff this weekend. Details to follow

Saw a Wii Bundle for $120, cherry picked SSMB, Wii Sports Resort, Wiiplay CIB with nunchuck and wiimote, FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time for $25

I also picked up Need for Speed The Run for $2 

#60 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:57 AM

Not a whole lot but today yielded mega man 5 for $15. More to come later

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, yard sale, yard, garage, garage sales, finds, haul