Bayonetta 2 (without B1 disc) preorders available (GS, BB, Target)

uiengineer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Still need to play the first one on my 360, will get this one eventually.

giphy.gif

I picked up a first print at Target but hate paying $59.99 for it. Any chance those will see a price drop when the reprint releases? Or hit clearance? I understand it's more desirable but I bought it with my fingers crossed they'd had a B1G1 % off coupon or something like that where I could return/rebuy or do a price adjustment. I figured I'd pair it with a Gold/Shiny Wind Waker HD copy that my store has too.

I picked up a first print at Target but hate paying $59.99 for it. Any chance those will see a price drop when the reprint releases? Or hit clearance? I understand it's more desirable but I bought it with my fingers crossed they'd had a B1G1 % off coupon or something like that where I could return/rebuy or do a price adjustment. I figured I'd pair it with a Gold/Shiny Wind Waker HD copy that my store has too.
It could certainly be clearanced out despite its popularity/desirability. I'd say Pikmin 3 was as scarce and popular yet people managed to get it at Target for $29.98 as recently as December.

If people really wanted to play the game, and are physical game only people. they could get Bayo 1 on 360 for $10 and Bayo 2 alone for $30.  Bay 1 on 360 isn't a huge quality drop, like the PS3 version.  GS actually had Bayo 1 as part of their 4 for $10 sale.  I wonder if the disk for Bayo 2 will look the same as in the first run.

Nice mine is still. Never played the first one. Might just find the PS3 version play it and then buy the re-released wii u baynetta 2. Wait 20 years for someone to offer 25k for it.... One can dream can't they?

Nice mine is still. Never played the first one. Might just find the PS3 version play it and then buy the re-released wii u baynetta 2. Wait 20 years for someone to offer 25k for it.... One can dream can't they?
Don't play the PS3 version. It is horrible. Play the 360 or Wii U version.

lolwut

This I did not expect. Well, I certainly didn't expect LoZ: Ocarina of Time reprints either lol. Do the reprints and old games returning to the Nintendo website have anything to do with the death of the Wii U and coming of the NX? I wish they would spend just a little more time on developing their new titles if they could. Don't give up, Nintendo! Surely, you can still make new games as great as those you're reprinting.

no 60 fps no buy. and its been selling so poorly. it will sooner or later come to the real gaming platforms

Having played both gaining all achievements and trophies, the PS3 version is inferior. Below 30fps, longer load times, hell there's even a brief delay after hitting start to get to the pause menu. And this is AFTER the patch. The 360 version runs smooth with no issues, get that one.

no 60 fps no buy. and its been selling so poorly. it will sooner or later come to the real gaming platforms
Not going to happen. Nintendo published and helped develop the game. It will stay exclusive. And it's been 2 years, I think it's safe to assume it won't release elsewhere.

And it hasn't sold poorly, it sold what was expected for it. The game sold well for its target audience.

Not going to happen. Nintendo unpublished and helped develop the game. It will stay exclusive. And it's been 2 years, I think it's safe to assume it won't release elsewhere.

And it hasn't sold poorly, it sold what was expected for it. The game sold well for its target audience.
they expected less than 1 million sold? well i have nothing to say then

they expected less than 1 million sold? well i have nothing to say then
Let's see

• Bayonetta 1: sold 1m/each on both the 360 and PS3
  • Vanquish: 360 (420k) and PS3 (610k)
  • Anarchy Reigns: 360k together on the PS3 and 360
  • Wonderful 101: 380k Wii U
  • Legend of Korra: Less than 300k across all platforms
Yeah, PlatinumGames don't sell too well but Bayonetta sells the most for them. Bayonetta 2 sold greatly compared to all their other games.

Let's see

• Bayonetta 1: sold 1m/each on both the 360 and PS3
  • Vanquish: 360 (420k) and PS3 (610k)
  • Anarchy Reigns: 360k together on the PS3 and 360
  • Wonderful 101: 380k Wii U
  • Legend of Korra: Less than 300k across all platforms
Yeah, PlatinumGames don't sell too well but Bayonetta sells the most for them. Bayonetta 2 sold greatly compared to all their other games.
Vanquish was so good!

I own every game released by Platinum games, and i gotta say that Bayonetta 2 is overrated. I'm gonna get crucified but I don't care someone has to say it. 

I'm glad I nabbed the one with B1 during a B1G1 40% off sale. Does anyone know if it's the best version of the original Bayonetta or is the 360 version superior?

I own every game released by Platinum games, and i gotta say that Bayonetta 2 is overrated. I'm gonna get crucified but I don't care someone has to say it.
Pipe down, Jesus. We know that you really want to nail that witch in the hair suit rather than die again.

Glad I secured a copy shortly after release now that it's become scalper heaven on ebay. At least this reprint should satisfy people who just want to play the game and will probably slow the resellers down a bit. 

I'm glad I nabbed the one with B1 during a B1G1 40% off sale. Does anyone know if it's the best version of the original Bayonetta or is the 360 version superior?
It is the vastly superior version of Bayonetta. I had none of the issues playing thru it that I did with the old gen.

Cool, I sold my Bayo 1 and 2 combo pack when the price went up and I found out that a cheaper reprint was coming, since I already have Bayo 1 on the 360 anyway.

Sold my double pack for $70, and now bought Bayo 2 standalone for $24 after GCU, nice.

Also, lol @ the jealous port-beggars

So this release disc is identical to the Bayonetta 2 disc that came with the combo pack correct? I stupidly traded in my Bayo 2 disc last year for $35 when Best Buy had a trade in promo but still have the combo pack case + Bayo 1 disc so if the discs are identical I should be able to pick this up to frankenstein my combo pack back together again.

I was skimming through this thread thinking I've got nothing to fear because I got the double-pack at BestBuy when it was first released, but now I'm thinking for some reason that I ended up returning it... I think because I was able to get that Collector's Edition after all and figured I'd rebuy the game cheaper down the road... I really hope I've still got it, that's going to be a costly mistake on my part if so. :(

Looks like a local target still has the dual disc version in stock. Think I am going to pick it up and hope they clearance it in the next month or so for a return/rebuy

Hmm... there's hope that I still have it! I looked back through the transactions and I saw where I "returned" it, but it looks like maybe I did a return/rebuy maybe? The date was 10/28/14 and it says -$47.99 Bayoneetta 2 and then +$27.99 Bayonetta 2 (and -40 points total for the transaction).  I also renewed my GCU I think - was there some promo to get $20 off it? 

bread's done
Back