PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind another Playstation TV at that price.  Picked up a used one awhile back hoping to use CFW with it.  Might get a second one as a gift for my roommate. 

Not even sure if my local Walmart still even carries Playstation TVs anymore.  Haven't seen one since December. 

Then again I haven't really been looking for them.  Come on universal price drop!

These weren't clearance tags. Normal $29.96/$49.96 tags.
I think my store actually frequently marks clearance with normal tags (like they did when the PS TV dropped the first time...and was at different prices at different stores)...and the clearance prices often end in .96. I'm guessing this is probably just the YMMV clearance on the system/bundle that's been going on for months.

I think my store actually frequently marks clearance with normal tags (like they did when the PS TV dropped the first time...and was at different prices at different stores)...and the clearance prices often end in .96. I'm guessing this is probably just the YMMV clearance on the system/bundle that's been going on for months.
Why is it this price at every store within ~100 miles of me then?

Why is it this price at every store within ~100 miles of me then?
Huh. According to brickseek, that price on the bundle seems to be at the stores near me, too...but, of course, no stores in 100 miles have one in stock. And I do know that some stores had the bundle lower...for $44, I think...months back. But maybe it really is a universal drop...if you can find one. It looks like they're trying to drop the system altogether. You can't buy them online anymore, and it looks like they're trying to purge them from stores.

Bought one last summer to replace the Vita I sold but sold it back after a month. Too many devices hooked up didn't use it. Maybe I'll do this one more time I dunno it is tempting

I've been on the fence with one of these for weeks now.  Does anyone know how that remote play works with the PS4 in a different room?  Also are the Vita games pretty good on a bigger tv?

I've been on the fence with one of these for weeks now. Does anyone know how that remote play works with the PS4 in a different room? Also are the Vita games pretty good on a bigger tv?
Works off the internet connection. You need a really strong one to use it.

Also, I prefer the Vita games on my Vita.

You can tell I don't like my PS TV very much, and I paid $50 for the DS 3 bundle lol

Once I found out netflix didn't work on it I unplugged it forever, but i got mine for like $5 at gamestop with a rewards cert. 

Huh. According to brickseek, that price on the bundle seems to be at the stores near me, too...but, of course, no stores in 100 miles have one in stock. And I do know that some stores had the bundle lower...for $44, I think...months back. But maybe it really is a universal drop...if you can find one. It looks like they're trying to drop the system altogether. You can't buy them online anymore, and it looks like they're trying to purge them from stores.
How did you find it on Brickseek? I tried searching for "PS TV" or "Playstation TV"....wanna see if this is in stock near me before I head out to the store to find one at that price

I don't know how many people live in a state with a Meijer store but I bought the last PSTV bundle at two different locations (one for step-dad who didn't have luck finding one) for $49.99 on clearance. 

How did you find it on Brickseek? I tried searching for "PS TV" or "Playstation TV"....wanna see if this is in stock near me before I head out to the store to find one at that price
EDIT: Nevermind, I couldn't figure it out either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Found two different item numbers for the standalone system, but they both showed up as item not available in my area, and they're both no longer available on the website...so not sure if either is valid (but here they are if you want to try: 35284538 45632054 )

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Found two different item numbers for the standalone system, but they both showed up as item not available in my area, and they're both no longer available on the website...so not sure if either is valid (but here they are if you want to try: 35284538 45632054 )
None in my area by those numbers. :( I might hold out for a model revision or a better bundle since I already have one.

Thanks OP.  Had to go to three different Walmarts to find the bundle.  First two were all out.  Third one was a little out of the way but they were fully stocked with several bundles and the PSTV solos.  

I am enjoying it so far.

I wouldn't mind another Playstation TV at that price. Picked up a used one awhile back hoping to use CFW with it.
CFW works on PSTV? Thought that kept messing up or so. Cause if it works fully.. Id be all for buying a 2nd one. I know remote play is decent enough when needed. Not to mention Vita on TV for RPGs.

None in my area by those numbers. :( I might hold out for a model revision or a better bundle since I already have one.
I wouldn't wait on that. Sony has realized what a fail it was. I don't know why Sony didn't offer Netflix some sort of incentive to develop an App for it. That would've helped sell units, for people who want to watch Netflix in a room that doesn't have their regular console.

Would sell more if Sony looks the other way while people mod it. Kinda glad I did that one email hack on it to unlock it to run all vita games on it. 

Would sell more if Sony looks the other way while people mod it. Kinda glad I did that one email hack on it to unlock it to run all vita games on it.
That's a good hack because it doesn't allow you to run pirated games so I can't see why Sony would have an issue with it. I'm going to use it on mine and I heard it makes Netflix work as well? Not that it matters to me, I have no less than 3 devices hooked to each television I own that do Netflix streaming...

Just got back a little while ago from my local Walmart and the guy in electronics tried telling me that the price tag was correct. All I wanted was for him to check it and he didn't want to. He finally did and the bundle rang up for $50 while the price tag was still showing $99. Anyway, thanks op because I finally have a PlayStation TV

My sister in law was able to grab the last one for me at our Walmart. I think I'm going to let her keep it so she can play vita games also. Share the love.

That's a good hack because it doesn't allow you to run pirated games so I can't see why Sony would have an issue with it. I'm going to use it on mine and I heard it makes Netflix work as well? Not that it matters to me, I have no less than 3 devices hooked to each television I own that do Netflix streaming...
This is still useable? I was about to hook up my Playstation TV just to (hopefully) play Breath of Fire III, and realized that my PSTV is on 3.30, and though maybe I shouldn't update till I look into "other" options. This method popped up in my search, and I'm thinking about trying it once I get a second memory card as I currently only have a 4gig which I'm not willing to format atm (which it is demanding I either do that or update to use my current card).

Honestly though, I'm thinking about picking up a second one just because.

This is still useable? I was about to hook up my Playstation TV just to (hopefully) play Breath of Fire III, and realized that my PSTV is on 3.30, and though maybe I shouldn't update till I look into "other" options. This method popped up in my search, and I'm thinking about trying it once I get a second memory card as I currently only have a 4gig which I'm not willing to format atm (which it is demanding I either do that or update to use my current card).

Honestly though, I'm thinking about picking up a second one just because.
I'll give it a shot Saturday, Wednesday at the latest, and I'll let you know...

I'll give it a shot Saturday, Wednesday at the latest, and I'll let you know...
That would be great. The last system I had "hacked" at all was my Xbox, and I haven't really done anything like that since, so I'm not used to it all. If it works for you though, I'll go ahead and give it a try, either way I'm picking up a Dualshock 3 bundle if I can find one just to have a back up.

Crap... I didn't look enough into the hack and thought I had to keep my PS TV un-updated to use it. Apparently if you activate the hack, and THEN update to 3.57, it stays active and you can play all the games you want. Unfortunately, I thought that would deactivate it, so I updated thinking I'd rather have access to online play and the ps store than have the hack enabled.

Am I totally boned now that I've updated? I wonder if anyone is working on a whitelist hack for 3.57... :( I know it's not a huge deal but I feel like I wasted $50 now.

I bought one at gamestop for $30.
Then later for $20 at bestbuy.

I only use it for remote play, since my ps4 hdmi is no longer working. I just remote play, instead of fixing my ps4 -_-

I bought one at gamestop for $30.
Then later for $20 at bestbuy.

I only use it for remote play, since my ps4 hdmi is no longer working. I just remote play, instead of fixing my ps4 -_-
Can you remote play with the included DS3 or will I have to bring a DS4 to play PS4 games on it?

Trying my best to resist this since I Don't think I need it. I have a few at my walmart..
I just wanted the bundle for the controller and memory card. I don't need the vouchers since I have them for PS4 or PS3 (unless you can get separate platinums for them, then I might replay them later) and am not sure what I will use the ps tv for...

Does anyone have confirmation of this? I've been to two different stores in my area and they're $70 in the cases. 

Does anyone have confirmation of this? I've been to two different stores in my area and they're $70 in the cases.
Just have the clerk scan it to make sure. If they don't want to scan the price, act like you want to buy it and if it rings up $70, say you forgot your credit card.

Anyway, Brickseeker says that one store in my area has "1 or less" of the bundles with Lego Movie and Sly Cooper. Anybody had success at a store with similar stock?

Can you remote play with the included DS3 or will I have to bring a DS4 to play PS4 games on it?
You can remote Play with ds3. Games that use touchpad will not work. Not many games use them anyways.

Also how far are you playing from?
You can use ds3 to connect to ps TV.
Then use DS4 paired to ps4 to play,if it's close.

bread's done
Back