PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting 2 more PlayStation tvs for $5 a win win for me I guess. When I asked the employees about the bundles they said someone came and cleared them out.

I ended up getting 2 more PlayStation tvs for $5 a win win for me I guess. When I asked the employees about the bundles they said someone came and cleared them out.
Dam that's nice. At $5 I would buy three of them, a backup for me, one for my brother, and I give away the last one just because :)

Pity. I just went to a Wal-Mart in Nogales and their price drops weren't nearly as generous ($50 for the bundle, $30 for a plain model). I thought about grabbing another for hacking purposes (and I'm not sure how much I can talk about such things here) but the price is gonna have to be a whole lot sweeter.

Yeah, definitely YMMV with the $5/$10 prices; $30/50 at mine.  I snapped a pic of the barcodes on each, so every time I run to walmart, I can just check the price at the pricechecker instead of trying to find someone to check the price for me.

Yeah, it's a huge ymmv thing I went to other Walmart a in my area and the price was different.

8xlm3p.jpg
68u2ad.jpg

Thanks for the information. If there's any sensitive information on those receipts you'd like to keep private, by the way, you might want to edit it out.

I didn't really care for PSTV, but I might pick it up only to play Persona 4 on the big screen when I get home. Other than that...probably collect a lot of dust like the PS4. But for Persona 4, it'll totally be worth it.

I didn't really care for PSTV, but I might pick it up only to play Persona 4 on the big screen when I get home. Other than that...probably collect a lot of dust like the PS4. But for Persona 4, it'll totally be worth it.
you do know you can play persona 4 on PS3 right?

For the lazy:

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Found two different item numbers for the standalone system, but they both showed up as item not available in my area, and they're both no longer available on the website...so not sure if either is valid (but here they are if you want to try: 35284538 45632054 )

What's the item id number to check on brick seek?

You do know the best version of the game is on Vita, right?
Well I did say it would good to play Persona 4 on the big screen instead...meaning I probably meant I've been playing it on the Vita.

Yeah anyways. I was referring to the Vita version.

Picking it up today just to play it on the big screen.

Yeah, definitely YMMV with the $5/$10 prices; $30/50 at mine. I snapped a pic of the barcodes on each, so every time I run to walmart, I can just check the price at the pricechecker instead of trying to find someone to check the price for me.
Can you post these barcodes, either printable or able to scan off the site on my phone?

Both barcodes scanned off my phone at the price checker.

Bitches better give me some likes for this :lol:

I got the bar codes as well, good idea. The problem I have is finding a functioning price checker. Prices in DFW seem to remain 30/50 for these

Thanks. Unfortunately, every store in my vicinity is not only at the standard $50/$30, but most of the bundles are sold out, and every non-bundle is.
worth checking it out if you want one/if they drop the a good price. My local store has said OOS for about a month, but i see the bundle sitting in the display case every time I go still

worth checking it out if you want one/if they drop the a good price. My local store has said OOS for about a month, but i see the bundle sitting in the display case every time I go still
This here.

Walmart inventory count on brickseek is questionable, but the prices are usually right.

Thanks OP. Purchased the bundle for our living room.

Make sure you scroll through your download history for any of your past purchases that are compatible with PS TV. I found games I forgot I had in my queue (Valhalla Knights, Killzone Liberation) and others I forgot were cross buy (Retro City Rampage, MGS: VR Missions).

Been looking and found a store with both the stand-alone and bundle, full $30 / $50 price unfortunately.  However, I didn't pick it up since I heard the whitelist hack no longer works.  Or, it only works if you happen to get one with Older Firmware, but then, since your firmware's old, you have the problem with not being able to access the online store, which means you can't download your games. 

So, since I was wanting to hack it, but that seems gone, my question is, what are you guys using this for?   I'm not trying to attack this thing, I want to get it, I just can't see the justification. Don't really care about playing PS4 games in a different room, and I mainly wanted it to play vita exclusives.

Been looking and found a store with both the stand-alone and bundle, full $30 / $50 price unfortunately. However, I didn't pick it up since I heard the whitelist hack no longer works. Or, it only works if you happen to get one with Older Firmware, but then, since your firmware's old, you have the problem with not being able to access the online store, which means you can't download your games.

So, since I was wanting to hack it, but that seems gone, my question is, what are you guys using this for? I'm not trying to attack this thing, I want to get it, I just can't see the justification. Don't really care about playing PS4 games in a different room, and I mainly wanted it to play vita exclusives.
a cheaper alternative to play psone digital games if you still don't have your ps3 or own a vita. Gotta love/hate them PSN flash sales.

Trying to sweet talk the Electronics DM at my local store to get the SM to allocate some markdown dollars towards to the PSTVs which haven't moved any units in months.  She said there's a pretty good chance it could happen so here's hoping.

Went to an out of the way Walmart & picked up the bundle for $49.98; They had 2 PSTV regular units for $29.98 each as well.

Gave some EDF 2 a whirl in my bedroom; Impressed with the results.  Looking to try remote play next when I get some time

a cheaper alternative to play psone digital games if you still don't have your ps3 or own a vita. Gotta love/hate them PSN flash sales.
The system runs PSOne games better than the Playstation 3 does as well. There are more control options, and you can reduce the load time on many games. I don't know if that's worth thirty dollars to you, but I've got enough PSN games that it's worthwhile to me.

Been looking and found a store with both the stand-alone and bundle, full $30 / $50 price unfortunately. However, I didn't pick it up since I heard the whitelist hack no longer works. Or, it only works if you happen to get one with Older Firmware, but then, since your firmware's old, you have the problem with not being able to access the online store, which means you can't download your games.

So, since I was wanting to hack it, but that seems gone, my question is, what are you guys using this for? I'm not trying to attack this thing, I want to get it, I just can't see the justification. Don't really care about playing PS4 games in a different room, and I mainly wanted it to play vita exclusives.
What's this about the hack not working anymore? That's the only reason I'd want to to think about picking up a second Vita TV.

Sweet one store near me finally dropped to $20/$30, gonna pick another non-bundle PSTV, I'll have one hack and one non-hack

What's this about the hack not working anymore? That's the only reason I'd want to to think about picking up a second Vita TV.
It might be able to work if you popped in a card from another Vita or PSTV, but you'll also have to activate your system, and that's where things get tricky. It can be done, though.

http://hackinformer.com/2015/10/29/tutorial-activate-vitaplaystation-tv-lower-firmware/

Thing is, you can only activate up to three Vitae on one account, and I've already got two of them. Not terribly eager to waste the third slot on a PSTV if I can get a Vita 2000 later.

bread's done
Back