PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
okay... I'll wait... I'm perfectly fine playing on vita and I'm getting the L2R2 shipped from superego in 60 days... got the ground shipping because im cheap.

Found a Walmart on Brick Seek that said that had 1 or less and decided to roll the dice.  Got to the electronics section and saw a bunch of PS TVs in the glass case, but no bundles.  Asked an associate if he could pop it open to get one and he said "we don't carry PS TV".  I pointed to what I meant and he laughed, then opened the case.  I moved a couple of the $30 stand alone units to the side and viola, 3 bundles, marked with red clearance stickers at $50.  Gotta do some digging, but they're out there.  Thanks OP!

I picked a bundle one up the other day, and every time I look at it still sealed in the bag on the counter I ask myself why. It looks like it'd be cool, but I have no idea what to do with it or if I actually even have a use for it.

So to those modding the PS TV. What exactly are you gaining? Just the ability for emulators and PSP games?
The mod just unlocks Vita games that aren't playable normally (it's a small list, something like 512 work and 99 don't) and enable things like Netflix. Bad news it, this simple White List mod didn't work for me but I updated the firmware before trying which I found out was a no no if you wanted it to work. :(

I found a bunch at my local walmart, around 5-6 bundles were left. Brick seek only said 1 or less, so it's worth checking in store. I bought one for Digimon Story since I don't have a PS4... yet. Good deal, thanks Darby.

Found a Walmart on Brick Seek that said that had 1 or less and decided to roll the dice. Got to the electronics section and saw a bunch of PS TVs in the glass case, but no bundles. Asked an associate if he could pop it open to get one and he said "we don't carry PS TV". I pointed to what I meant and he laughed, then opened the case. I moved a couple of the $30 stand alone units to the side and viola, 3 bundles, marked with red clearance stickers at $50. Gotta do some digging, but they're out there. Thanks OP!
I've been hesitant to drive to the only Wal-Mart that had "1 or less" according to Brickseek but your post has given me some hope. Really would like one of these since I have Vita games that need to be played but I don't care for playing on the small screen and with those awful nubs.

EDIT: Decided to take a chance and ending up getting the last bundle in the case which was hidden behind a stand alone PSTV. There was no clearance tag but it rang up for $44 so it was a good trip.

Whats the sku number on the receipt for those who bought one? This way we can make walmart just do a stock check on the sku vs asking for a PS TV. Sometimes by making them read the sku, they will admit if they have it or now.

FYI, The codes for the included games (lego movie, Sly cooper) in this bundle expire 3/31/2016. At least those were the dates in my box.
So much for digital being just as good as physical copies.

Also, damn, didn't see this until well AFTER the Persona 4 Disco Fever was on sale at BB. Oh well, probably won't find one anyway.

So much for digital being just as good as physical copies.

Also, damn, didn't see this until well AFTER the Persona 4 Disco Fever was on sale at BB. Oh well, probably won't find one anyway.
You just have to use the codes before then. Once you use them, the games will stay in your library.

anyone else get it for 44 dollars? Still says 50 at mine.
I think the $44 price is left from when they clearanced them out at the end of last year. They only dropped to $70 at my store (and most others, I think), but people reported select stores dropped the bundles to $44. Seems like the $50 is a universal drop at all Walmart stores, but the $44 is a YMMV clearance price... So you're probably looking at $50 if that's what brickseek says.

I think the $44 price is left from when they clearanced them out at the end of last year. They only dropped to $70 at my store (and most others, I think), but people reported select stores dropped the bundles to $44. Seems like the $50 is a universal drop at all Walmart stores, but the $44 is a YMMV clearance price... So you're probably looking at $50 if that's what brickseek says.
Found one for $50, so I picked it up. Now I can play Persona 4 Golden, Dancing All Night, and . . . uh, there are other games for the Vita that work with this, right?

Has anyone hacked theirs yet?  My friend and I are keeping ours in the boxes until we can figure out the best plan to mod these bastards. 

I bought a bundle version at the Addison, TX Wal-Mart. There were a bunch of the console-only versions still there. In case anyone in the area is interested. :)

I know walmart clearance pricing is YMMV, but last week i found a console only at my walmart for $10,

while it still looked sealed, it was a return, but at the price, it's a win.

Sony already announced PSTV will be discontinued in Japan (the West expect to see the same fate). Guess now is a good time to pick one up as good as any.

Picked a new ps tv up, didn't have any more bundles sadly :(
Now I need to get my hands on a memory card and controller cheap

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how Walmart handles items that are out of the system when you try to buy them?  I just got back from my local store, had time to burn so I self price check a couple of vita games to see if they dropped from what they were before and half of them came up out of the system.

I have two of these one for my japanese account and one for my us. I'm still tempted to pick up another one so I don't ever have to update the ones I have and list my whitelist hack. I highly recommend getting of these as a add on for the ps4 since a Vita tv will play ps1, psp and vita games and it doesn't seem like the ps4 will get ps1 games anytime soon.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how Walmart handles items that are out of the system when you try to buy them? I just got back from my local store, had time to burn so I self price check a couple of vita games to see if they dropped from what they were before and half of them came up out of the system.
Usually it's up to the manager's discretion. Usually at that point they just say $5-10 and are done with it.

I updated mine to the latest FW so that I could play my digital titles I already purchased... I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to buy a second one just in case...

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how Walmart handles items that are out of the system when you try to buy them? I just got back from my local store, had time to burn so I self price check a couple of vita games to see if they dropped from what they were before and half of them came up out of the system.
Which games?

For anyone that needs to know La Mesa, CA location has a few PS TV units that have been rotting behind the glass display for months on end at the $30.00 price tag.

Usually it's up to the manager's discretion. Usually at that point they just say $5-10 and are done with it.
I get the feeling they'll just tell me they're the price as marked if I bother. Which is laughable since last time I check they rang up more 60% less than what they were marked. They can never be bothered to update anything in electronics. The non bundle pstv's are still labeled at $100 even though I just bought one last week for $30 from them.

What vita games.. I'll check if they are at mine.
Which games?
Out of the ones I checked,

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Freedom Wars

Hotshots Golf World Invitational

Little Dievants

sony discontinued PS TV in japan, and the US domestic very soon.     collectibles skyrocket in value!   = )

I updated mine to the latest FW so that I could play my digital titles I already purchased... I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to buy a second one just in case...
I was on a FW that allowed the whitelist hack, so it would play any vita game. So I grabbed a second one and updated the firmware. The good thing is I can still download new games, even non compatible ones to the new one, and when I put the memory card in the old one, it installs it,and I can play. The bad, no synced trophies...yet.

I was at Walmart yesterday randomly roaming the game section.. When I noticed they were clearancing out the PlayStation tvs. The bundles were $10 and regular ps tvs were $5.I went back to buy the bundles today and they were gone.

I was at Walmart yesterday randomly roaming the game section.. When I noticed they were clearancing out the PlayStation tvs. The bundles were $10 and regular ps tvs were $5.I went back to buy the bundles today and they were gone.
Man, you should've bought all of them. One for each room! Lol

Yeah I regret it. I bought one of the bundles went back to get the rest and someone wiped them out. My loss oh well.
Fair enough. I can't wait until I get Verizon Fios so I can remote play to my heart's content. I own two of them. Standalone and a bundle set. Will be nice to remote play in bedroom/basement etc.

bread's done
Back