PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally picked one up.... No idea why but I guess I can play some games on big screen

Where is a good place to sell the ps3 controller.. Don't need another one.

It might be able to work if you popped in a card from another Vita or PSTV, but you'll also have to activate your system, and that's where things get tricky. It can be done, though.

http://hackinformer.com/2015/10/29/tutorial-activate-vitaplaystation-tv-lower-firmware/

Thing is, you can only activate up to three Vitae on one account, and I've already got two of them. Not terribly eager to waste the third slot on a PSTV if I can get a Vita 2000 later.
Yeah, is guess it's not really worth wasting one of my activation slots. I may grab one someday so I have a backup in case my current Vita TV dies or something down the road.

Found a store last night that had dropped to $29.96 so I grabbed a bundle. It looks like in my area about half of the stores dropped to $29.96, and the others are still at $49.96 according to brickseek.

So how can you tell if you can hack this/whitelist?  Is there a certain firmware this need to be at?

If anyone who just hacked it, could you let me know your experience..trying to decide what to do this weekend.  thanks

Kinda bummed, bought the last one and it didn't contain any download vouchers. Supposed it might have been previously opened and returned. Really wanted to play the new sly cooper game. Oh well can't really complain about a system and controller for 30 bucks.
They did have the 1-3 sly collection for 10 bucks, anyone play it and can comment on how it plays?

Has anyone seen the price tag show a higher price than what it rang up as? My Walmart has based system marked at $20 but was wondering if it might be lower.
Price reported by Brickseek seems to be very accurate enough. Whatever price you see on Brickseek is what it will ring up in store

They finally dropped the price at my backwoods northern Wisconsin WM to $20/$30.  Grabbed a bundle, might get a standalone next time I head into town.

Glad I checked to see why this thread was active again.  Couldn't pass on the bundle for $30.  Been dancing around it for a while, but the controller and the games were just too good to pass.  Especially considering I really wanted to play the Lego Movie game.  Got the last bundle at a Wal-Mart around 30 minutes away.  Plenty show closer but at $49.96.  They had one standalone left marked at $19.96, but we only have one TV and I'll likely be using this with my computer monitor anyway.  

The vouchers state that they expire tonight sp00ge just so you know.

First one to repost me gets my sly thieves in time voucher.

Good luck

Thanks darken. Was going to head out to get this mostly for that code, figuring I could sell off the rest. Saved me some effort

Anyone else having trouble redeeming the Sly code?

Lego Movie worked fine, but I enter the one for Sly, it pops up the "confirm/redeem" page, I hit redeem and it says the product code may be invalid or expired.

Had a funny experience with the Walmart rep. He kept telling me the Lego bundle didn't include the Pstv. I said "let's just try" and he proceeded to scan it and he's faced turned up when he saw the price and grudgingly walked over and rang me up.I didn't a ds3 so this was a no brainer. Ill eventually end up trading everything in towards the psvr eventually.

Anyone want a sly code?

Scored 1 Bundle 10 minutes ago and 1 left with Tag $69.96  Good deal for controller & 8 Gigs.  Shocked turn out the cashier is a REAL Gamer he will pick one up after work. Hope no more CAG's hit his store or he will be S.O.L :)

Switched out the old one and got one with the two codes. Only wanted Sly Cooper though

So if anyone wants the lego movie, here's the code. Enjoy!

5A54-E5NL-65N?

?=M

Just post if you redeem it.

The system software I have is 3.2 SO I guess I can hack it since it's not 3.55.
should be hackable, I have mine on 3.51 or 3.52 can't remember since its the same as my vita so I can switch cards. I hacked it for the emulators and they work great.

So if they are not the same filmware as your vita, you can't interchange games?

If you hack it and something goes wrong, can you reformat the pstv?

Also do you have easy instructions on how to get them on?  There are several instructions online but I just don't know which to trust.

So if they are not the same filmware as your vita, you can't interchange games?

If you hack it and something goes wrong, can you reformat the pstv?

Also do you have easy instructions on how to get them on? There are several instructions online but I just don't know which to trust.
I believe physical carts should be no issue, but memory cards won't let you use the same one on a lower firmware.

If you mean how to activate it w.out updating then you need to vitaupdateblocker if I'm not mistaken on your PC so you can spoof it to activate w.out updating or something similar. Hack informer I believe is where you can get everything. The whole hacking process is not as easy as other machines nor PSP, had a lot of headaches at the beginning due to serious lack of easy tutorials and I'm tech savvy. But now that I understand how the system works its easy.

So the reason I can't redeem the Sly code is because it was free on PS+ and I got it then.  So even though I don't "own" it, Sony's system sucks donkey balls and won't let me permanently purchase it. 

thanks, so you recommend hacking it?

Mainly to play old emulators?

Also, does netflix and hulu work?
only i you want emulators, You need the latest fw for netflix and hulu and anything else online like trophies, I don't care for either since I have the PS3 and atv4 on the same tv. You will prob need a ps3 at some point as well of rdigitlal games transfers and other situations.

Yeah that's a known and annoying issue with Sony and PS+
That reminds me when I wasn't able to buy the digital version of Gravity Rush for 0.70 or something like that :( I have the physical and no ps+ now though.

I'll PM the first person to quote this post with the two game codes.  I'll be heading to bed in 15 minutes so that's the deadline.

2 cags were kind enough to send me codes for sly, so I have one extra. Pm me and I will pass their generosity along.
Edit. Gone

bread's done
Back