* * * * - 16 votes

Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

#5701 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:24 AM

I don't understand why anyone would waste time flipping this. Profit is terrible and more hassle than it's worth.

#5702 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

I don't understand why anyone would waste time flipping this. Profit is terrible and more hassle than it's worth.

I don't really care about flipping them, but these joycons haven't been near as bulletproof as previous Nintendo controllers for me. I have a dead 'A' button on one and a joystick that's not working well on another. Unless you buy them with a system, they only have a 90 day warranty too! I just bought them to have four controllers per switch and to have spares! I plan on parting out one pair to fix my two issues. I also do need four full controllers because my kids play 4 player splitscreen minecraft and it doesn't work with half a controller. I'd rather they didn't use my pro controller too! I can really see why families would buy a few of these even if they're not flippers!

#5703 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

Definitely agree. I'm only hoping to get a pair for multiplayer and spares in case something dies. Return rebuy probably won't work so I might not even end up with any.

#5704 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

I don't really care about flipping them, but these joycons haven't been near as bulletproof as previous Nintendo controllers for me. I have a dead 'A' button on one and a joystick that's not working well on another. Unless you buy them with a system, they only have a 90 day warranty too! I just bought them to have four controllers per switch and to have spares! I plan on parting out one pair to fix my two issues. I also do need four full controllers because my kids play 4 player splitscreen minecraft and it doesn't work with half a controller. I'd rather they didn't use my pro controller too! I can really see why families would buy a few of these even if they're not flippers!

I don't care if people flip them or anything, I just know the pains of Ebay, local sellin etc. Best you're gonna get after fees is probably like $50 and after buying them you're only making a $23 profit each. Flipping to Gamestop is like a $15 credit profit with the Fortnite promo.

#5705 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3491 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:53 AM

I found 1, left 1 at the third store I went to but the highlight was the dad who put on a giant dinosaur head and scared his toddler son, who started crying. :lol:

Most inventories now show limited stock 0 or oos so they went fast around here.

What state do you live in?

#5706 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2848 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:19 AM

Just heard about the deal an hour ago and just got back with a pair...thought it would be a pain but the guy just took them up front and let me u-scan them, rang up for 24 no problem

They still had 2 pair left

#5707 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

Guess it depends. Someone who already had to go or was close to a Walmart and bought 7-8 of them making $20 per set on eBay, it’d be an easy $140 or so. Not that that’s baller money, but $140 for about 20 minutes of actual work isn’t bad either.

#5708 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:33 AM

Guess it depends. Someone who already had to go or was close to a Walmart and bought 7-8 of them making $20 per set on eBay, it’d be an easy $140 or so. Not that that’s baller money, but $140 for about 20 minutes of actual work isn’t bad either.

After tax and ebay cuts you're looking at less than that. This really isn't a great flip at all. I remember the days of $90 PS4's and $35 Pink 3DS XL's. 

#5709 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:36 AM

After tax and ebay cuts you're looking at less than that. This really isn't a great flip at all. I remember the days of $90 PS4's and $35 Pink 3DS XL's.

That was insane if you're talking about the K-Mart fiasco. There was a $100 Wii U fiasco at Sears too one time and the manager literally price matched 3 Wii U for me, no hassle at all. (This is when they were pretty much $280-300 on ebay.)

#5710 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

That was insane if you're talking about the K-Mart fiasco. There was a $100 Wii U fiasco at Sears too one time and the manager literally price matched 3 Wii U for me, no hassle at all. (This is when they were pretty much $280-300 on ebay.)

Yeah the 3DS was Kmart. I was only able to get one because someone brought up that MyGofer site you could order it from for store pickup after Kmart fixed the price on their site lol.

The $90 PS4 was Walmart back when they started price matching online in store and their employees couldn't tell the difference in first party and 3rd party seller prices on Amazon.

#5711 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1178 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:45 AM

The two I got I'm keeping. I just got a second switch and haven't used it because I traded the joycons in just to afford the switch console.

I'm glad I posted here and some CAG got some before it all fell apart. I saw it first on Reddit, drove as fast I could to Walmart, and posted immediately after my purchase.

#5712 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Customer service said you have to go to electronics because she (the only one working the CS area) doesn’t know how to login and check item numbers.. Electronics guy (I snuck around behind him) merely looked on the fucking shelf, refused to enter the number in the computer, and said nope. Pickup area took fifteen minutes and multiple represses of the call for assistance screen to get help (had to ask a stock boy pulling by to call someone) and two people who responded said they didn’t have numbers to login to either the register or the Symbol Gun. So they would merely check if they saw it. They never returned, and when I walk away I see one of the two standing right by the empty fucking Switch section shelf and he comes up to me and says “we only have the Yoshi and Zelda one, not the lime green one” (meaning they only looked for the third party GameCube/Wii controllers... and only checked the same shelf I did first thing when I got to the store). I go back up front to see if anyone would merely type the item number... multiple people finally lead me to the old lady returning to CS (manager? Boss?) she doesn’t have a scanner but knows how to find someone who does. I give her the item number and the UPC, she gets upset because the numbers are too long to read (what ten digits Jesus) so instead calls the person with the gun to come up front, and it’s the other damn Jabroni from the photography/pickup section, still carrying apparently the only Gun in the store which she also doesn’t know how to login to use, and she simply says “Chris checked the shelf and said there was none”

No wonder Walmart employees vote republican to eliminate the minimum wage, they truly are both the type of people dumb enough to want to do the same job for less money, and among the only people I’d agree to a $15/hr loophole to actually do pay them friggen Chinese factory ten cents a day wages.

What the Fuck is with walmart not having scanners on this thread? We're upto our ears with scanners in my walmart. Fuck even the sewing ladies have scanners. Though to be fair, I can't blame them for telling you what they did because even if they did login and checked their inventory and it said they still had 3 or 4 or whatever amount of a specific product there's no way for them to just "go and check in the back" or anywhere else. The floor is pretty much the store's warehouse, we unload everything from the truck and put it on the shelves or racks, so if it's not on the floor then they don't have them. Very rarely (at least in my store) is it not the case. In the back all we have is junk, the lunch room, offices, a ton of clothing and a bunch of random stuff and a bunch of tvs.

#5713 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

I just bought one of the HP iridiums with the Intel i5 Processor for $299, so at $328. I still feel a bit unsure about what I just bought and would have felt better if it was $100 cheaper.

#5714 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14380 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

I'll sell you one for $69.98 shipped since you failed to get any. Better price than Amazon.

#5715 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3491 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:01 AM

I think that mobo in the Intel i7-7700 desktop might be worth at least $20. I am going to attempt to sell the hp case, mobo, kb/mouse, and psu for at least $40 total locally.

It's a real tragedy the cpu connector is in a stupid place, since it has the h270 chipset:

h110 < b150 < b250 < h270 < q170 < q270 < z270 (feature wise, from what I can tell). B250 mobos are at least $41, so that's why I say this mobo should be worth at least $20 to somebody.

#5716 ShokoandNoho  

ShokoandNoho

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Can i order the jpy kons online and get the reduced price?. I want to make sure they have them before i go to the store because walmart is 1 hour away from me

#5717 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

I'll sell you one for $69.98 shipped since you failed to get any. Better price than Amazon.

$51 shipped for one on eBay, thanks though.

#5718 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

I'm off to my nearest wally world, if they have any of the joy cons I might just be bothered enough to pick up a couple if anyone is interested.

#5719 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

I got 3. One to keep, one at cost to a friend, and sold one on ebay pretty low which didn't even end up paying in full for my own set. I ended up getting my set for like $5 though. I don't like flippers but sometimes ya gots to get yours, ya know? Left one on the shelf for the employee because he was shocked and I could tell he actually wanted it for himself.

#5720 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Bought 35 total. Yolo

#5721 nickerous   3DS CAG CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Well, I checked brickseek last night and it said the two Walmart’s in town were out, but the one 20 miles away had 5. This was after 11pm, so I talked myself out of going then. It’s a 24 hour Walmart, so I was sure they’d be gone this morning....nope, still showed 5, so I made the journey.

Got all 5 and now got to decide what to do with the other 4. Found Dragon Quest 7 for 3ds in the $20 section, but it rang up $40. Wasn’t able to talk them into giving it to me for $20, but I didn’t try very hard. Figured I’d gotten a pretty good deal already.

#5722 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

https://www.autoblog...0021&yptr=yahoo

This is what happens when you don't share the joy cons

#5723 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12034 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:46 PM

Cleared out all the Walmarts in New York City.

Got 4 for me for Smash Bros and 4 for my cousin for Smash Bros.  Also got one for my brother Darryl, and one for my other brother Darryl, one for my brother-in-law, one for my niece, one for my niece's friend, one for my best friend and one for his son, one for my dad, one for my great aunt, three for my uncles, one for my neighbor, one for my other neighbor with the crazy hair and one for his incarcerated son, and one for my coworker Pat. 

I think I have one left I can throw up on ebay.

#5724 MrSmiley1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

If anyone is willing to part with an extra pink/green joycon they got cheap to a fellow CAG for decent price,PM me please. All the stores around me in a 50 mile radius sold out and my left one just konked out. Just past the 1 year warranty too :(

#5725 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

Saw last night there was plenty of stock at multiple Walmart’s but it was midnight didn’t feel like chasing these things so late at night. Woke up this morning and every store was out of stock.

#5726 DSBrad  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Saw last night there was plenty of stock at multiple Walmart’s but it was midnight didn’t feel like chasing these things so late at night. Woke up this morning and every store was out of stock.

Had the same thing. Didn't want to go out at 1AM and by 9AM all gone.

#5727 Ratmonkey  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Now that is impressive.... impressively stupid but, impressive none the less.

#5728 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Cleared out all the Walmarts in New York City.

Got 4 for me for Smash Bros and 4 for my cousin for Smash Bros.  Also got one for my brother Darryl, and one for my other brother Darryl, one for my brother-in-law, one for my niece, one for my niece's friend, one for my best friend and one for his son, one for my dad, one for my great aunt, three for my uncles, one for my neighbor, one for my other neighbor with the crazy hair and one for his incarcerated son, and one for my coworker Pat. 

I think I have one left I can throw up on ebay.

I can't decide what bothers me more- the number of people on this board that are old enough to get your reference, or the number of people too young to get it.

#5729 ritchardf  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

weird, every walmart ive ever been to has yellow concrete pillars in front of the doors, thought that was a standard safety feature against morons and old people

#5730 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7223 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Same here. Didn’t feel like carting my 8 year old around at 10-11pm to get a pair of JoyCons.

If anyone has one they’re looking to offload, let me know. My son and I would appreciate it!