* * * - - 5 votes

Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

#1 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.c...nzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.c...d_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop....-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.c...l-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

#2 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

FWIW: Here are two cult games combined as one that is coming out toward the end of a system's life cycle. As a collector edition. 

These are the circumstances you wait for. It's the perfect storm. And here it is, looking you right in the face. 

#3 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Waiting on Amazon!

#4 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9810 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

From GS.com:

Slay monsters - and slay like a pop star - all at the same time, in this brand-new RPG from acclaimed developer Atlus. A sinister force from another dimension has invaded modern-day Tokyo, resulting in a fantastical barrage of style, fashion, music, and, of course, danger. So fight back - command your creative potential, save the world...and become a star.

So the FE part of the game is the slaying of monsters, and the whatever other part is singing or dancing or something?

#5 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

From GS.com:

So the FE part of the game is the slaying of monsters, and the whatever other part is singing or dancing or something?

TBH, and I have been following this game for a while, I am not really sure what it is about. But there is strategy and there is Fire Emblem so I am buying it. Plus, get to play on big screen. 

Edit: This is how most Fire Emblem fans think, I would assume =D

Edit #2: At one point I know there were rumors that it was also going to get cancelled, for whatever that is worth. 

#6 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22474 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

It's been up for a like a day now... but nobody cares b/c everyone's waiting for Amazon. After tax and shipping, GS is almost $20 more than Amazon for me. 

#7 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

It's been up for a like a day now... but nobody cares b/c everyone's waiting for Amazon. After tax and shipping, GS is almost $20 more than Amazon for me. 

It's true, I am waiting for that sweet sweet GCU discount.

Uhh, I mean Prime.

#8 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

It plays like SMT games and your characters' "personas" are FE characters. Those are the only remnants of its origin as SMT X FE.

#9 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

From GS.com:

It's basically what if you took an SMT game and crossed it with FE stuff.  It's got FE characters and Persona styling but it's mainly SMT gameplay with FE's weapon system.

#10 Mando44646   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Mando44646

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

This looks so much like a Persona game that I am hyped up for it. Can't wait to get it on Amazon with a Prime discount, since I can't use Best Buy GCU (thanks Nintendo)

#11 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

Like pretty much everyone, GS is place holder until (or if) I can snag an Amazon copy with discount. 

#12 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6189 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

http://www.amazon.co...Special Edition

Amazon is up. EDIT: Sorry not the special edition.

#13 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

This looks so much like a Persona game that I am hyped up for it. Can't wait to get it on Amazon with a Prime discount, since I can't use Best Buy GCU (thanks Nintendo)

They definitely made the right choice in styling it like Persona 4 since that seems to be far more popular than any of the main SMT games.  I mean how do you not love this trailer?  I wind up watching it multiple times anytime this game comes up.

#14 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

I hate how Gamestop charges shipping on EVERYTHING

#15 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4106 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

You can already tell it's going to be made of the shitty box material used for Xenoblade Chronicles X CE. Order 2 to have a better shot of a non crushed one.

#16 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

No kidding, but if it was out they would let you get free shipping.  Makes it easier to say no to ordering stuff from them at least.

You can already tell it's going to be made of the shitty box material used for Xenoblade Chronicles X CE. Order 2 to have a better shot of a non crushed one.

Yep, looks like the exact same packaging with different printing.

#17 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

Will my credit card see a authorization charge?

#18 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:20 PM

They've started adding handling fees too. It's total bullshit

#19 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4106 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

They've started adding handling fees too. It's total bullshit

The handling fee is so they can charge you to crush your CE some more ;)

#20 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

I think I'm just going to wait for the HD Remake on the NX :D/

#21 FourSwordsLord  

FourSwordsLord

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

Will my credit card see a authorization charge?

They don't charge you till it's out and about to ship, so no. Does anyone know why this is a GameStop and Amazon only thing?

#22 Mando44646   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Mando44646

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone know why this is a GameStop and Amazon only thing?

Because Nintendo? If I had to guess, there are backroom shenanigans going on. I've see this happen occasionally with other games

#23 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

Because Nintendo? If I had to guess, there are backroom shenanigans going on. I've see this happen occasionally with other games

Because Nintendo indeed. No one else probably wants a niche big box Wii U game at this point and BBY still has the Xenoblade X ones.

#24 MrClark  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

Yeah 20% less, free shipping, no handling fee. Plus I don't like to feed the beast.

I almost pulled the trigger at lamestop but for this I'd rather miss out than order from them. So I'll wait for amazon.

#25 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2070 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

I know I sound foolish, but I thought this was one of those random JRPGs that come out for the vita like once a week, I didnt know this was the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei that was announced 2 years ago. As a result, its back on my radar, thanks OP. 

#26 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, guess the old trusty SAVER code doesn't work for box sets or limited editions?

It works for the standard edition of the game. You can get free shipping over $24.99 by using the SAVER code, but for the Special Edtion that code does not seem to work. 

#27 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22474 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

I know I sound foolish, but I thought this was one of those random JRPGs that come out for the vita like once a week, I didnt know this was the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei that was announced 2 years ago. As a result, its back on my radar, thanks OP. 

I don't think it's foolish at all... I don't get why they would they changed the name. Both Persona and Fire Emblem have very solid followings and brand recognition. Something like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE just sounds like a mix of random words. 

Part of me is certain that some big shot at NoA hates FE and will do anything to sabotage the series potential for success. 

#28 Haar  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

I'm likely what most would consider a hardcore fan of Fire Emblem and don't want this since it barely has anything to do with the series. If you're going in expecting a gameplay experience resembling any of those games, you'll be extremely disappointed. Not attempting to dump on those who want it, but instead trying to make it clear for anyone who doesn't know what to expect (though even a quick look at the trailers should make that abundantly clear, regardless).

This is basically an Atlus game with some Fire Emblem window dressing.

#29 Haar  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

Part of me is certain that some big shot at NoA hates FE and will do anything to sabotage the series potential for success. 

The Japanese version could be translated as Illusory Revelation Sharp FE, so it's not just the American side of things this time around.

#30 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4106 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

I don't think it's foolish at all... I don't get why they would they changed the name. Both Persona and Fire Emblem have very solid followings and brand recognition. Something like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE just sounds like a mix of random words.

TMS is SMT backwards. When I type it out, it sounds like a dumb conspiracy thing to point out, but everyone seems convinced it was intentional.