Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition-nintendo-wii-u/5280030.p?id=bb5280030&skuId=5280030&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zVvZlBVnzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EO1WURQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/11466822/nintendo-tokyo-mirage-sessions-special-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem like NOA print Massive LE  copies again.  GS still have it in stock.  I am not worry much about this LE if i get it i get it. If not deal with Regular copy.

I don't understand why Nintendo never released a stand-alone FE for the Wii-U. Even just an enhanced port of the Radiant Dawn games would have been acceptable.

I don't understand why Nintendo never released a stand-alone FE for the Wii-U. Even just an enhanced port of the Radiant Dawn games would have been acceptable.
A Wii U Fire Emblem game in the spirit of PoR or RD -- heck even Fates -- would have sold so well. I don't get it either.

It's because the decision makers over at Nintendo are morons, especially when it comes to the NA market.

The whispers of this game were what originally pushed me over the edge into buying a Wii U years ago.  Still wish it was an isometric SRPG, but I'll take what I can get FE or Persona related.  

FML, I'm getting too sleepy, never going to make it for this. My luck this will go live overnight and I'll wake up to hear how fast it sold out. 

Soon as the Amazon one goes up I'll cancel my GameStop pre-order. Last special edition I got from them was Tales of Zestiria, which they shipped in a box with absolutely NO PADDING WHATSOEVER. What kind of idiot ships a collector's edition game with zero padding? GameStop, I guess. Heh.

On the one hand, potentially a very rare thing to have for the future. On the other, I'd never play this. I hate being el hoardo dirtball, which this would definitely amount to. I'd leave it sealed and never touch it. That makes me want to pass so an actual player can get it, but it would probably just go to another hoarder.

I'm a sucker for good music in games, especially when it blends into the gameplay so well (one of the best aspects of DMC).

Soon as the Amazon one goes up I'll cancel my GameStop pre-order. Last special edition I got from them was Tales of Zestiria, which they shipped in a box with absolutely NO PADDING WHATSOEVER. What kind of idiot ships a collector's edition game with zero padding? GameStop, I guess. Heh.
Amazon shipped me the witcher 3 CE with no box at all. Just slapped a shipping label on the CE.

To be fair amazon is not much better. It will probably ship in a box with an oversized air pack and plenty of bouncing room.

To be fair amazon is not much better. It will probably ship in a box with an oversized air pack and plenty of bouncing room.
Yeah, for me, it's constant bad luck with Amazon shipping when it comes to movies and games. My bravely second ce arrived with my car tools (I just happened to order them in the same week as release), and the genius at Amazon warehouse decided to uses two pad, and a large box. Needless to say, the CE box got dinged up. Since I got the game on the double discount glitch, I'm not going to complain to them and risk ban.

Looks like the type of box that Gamestop would find great pleasure in crushing due to their sub-par packing of shipped items. Sweet.

Looks like the type of box that Gamestop would find great pleasure in crushing due to their sub-par packing of shipped items. Sweet.
Due to the shape and size of the box it's probably one that'll get shipped in a bubble mailer, unfortunately. The safest bet for this is probably to pre-order it in-store at GameStop and pick it up. I think that's what I'm gonna do.

I haven't had any bad luck with Amazon packing yet but I'm sure it'll hit me eventually.

Actually, does anyone here have any experience using GameStop certs while picking up a preorder? Since I don't have prime and I have enough points for $25 off (and you can't use it on a preorder),I was thinking of putting down the $25, then picking it up on release day and using the cert.

EDIT: Should clarify: "putting down the $25 deposit" and then "using the $25 cert". I think I wrote it kind of confusing-ly.

Actually, does anyone here have any experience using GameStop certs while picking up a preorder? Since I don't have prime and I have enough points for $25 off (and you can't use it on a preorder),I was thinking of putting down the $25, then picking it up on release day and using the cert.

EDIT: Should clarify: "putting down the $25 deposit" and then "using the $25 cert". I think I wrote it kind of confusing-ly.
Just make sure you get the coupon that's for ANY gamestop item and not pre-owned. You can give them the coupon or show a pic of it when you pick up the game to get the $25. You can use it towards a game you have pre-ordered, you just can't use the coupon to actually reserve the game. That's all you need to know.

any news on amazon? still won't load. I had a gamestop 20% coupon I was gonna use, but it expired a few days before this went up

No I assume the millions who own a wii u would buy it. Most people who own a 3ds also own a wii u.

Wii U has sold around 10% of what 3DS has so I wouldn't call that most. ;)

If you have a Wii U and are a core gamer you're probably buying it still but that's not going to make it a smash success. Xenoblade X was the same sort of market and super hyped with tons of mainstream advertising and I don't even think it's cracked 1 million and this is unlikely to get the same amount of mainstream push. I love the stuff that's there for Wii U but selling 300K of a game isn't really a success these days.

Wii U has sold around 10% of what 3DS has so I wouldn't call that most. ;)

If you have a Wii U and are a core gamer you're probably buying it still but that's not going to make it a smash success. Xenoblade X was the same sort of market and super hyped with tons of mainstream advertising and I don't even think it's cracked 1 million and this is unlikely to get the same amount of mainstream push. I love the stuff that's there for Wii U but selling 300K of a game isn't really a success these days.
Selling 300k of a game is a success depending on the budget of the game.

Not to sound racist but does this game look a little "fruity" to anyone else? I love smt and fire emblem and was hoping for something a bit darker and mature. This looks like something the guy who sits next to my cubicle would enjoy he loves broadway and opera prancing around type of stuff

Not to sound racist but does this game look a little "fruity" to anyone else? I love smt and fire emblem and was hoping for something a bit darker and mature. This looks like something the guy who sits next to my cubicle would enjoy he loves broadway and opera prancing around type of stuff
That's not the kind of word that you're looking for.

bread's done
Back