Wii U: Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fire Emblem Special Edition UP!

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
For us Fire Emblem fans who will buy anything ...

UPDATE: BB seems to have more in stock. I just checked out. So give it a shot. Click link below. 

UPDATE: BB is now out of stock. =(

UPDATE: This is up on BB now! So much for GS Amazon exclusive. Thanks gftgrill! 

LINK:: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition-nintendo-wii-u/5280030.p?id=bb5280030&skuId=5280030&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zVvZlBVnzfmAV6tIkagnMw

UpdateAmazon is OOS.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EO1WURQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_1wchxbSYKV0X4

You can still purchase this from Gamestop. 

Earlier –

The Collector edition will only be sold at Gamestop and Amazon. 

Link to Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition/130255

For those who want more information: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/11466822/nintendo-tokyo-mirage-sessions-special-edition-wii-u

WiiU_TokyoMirageSessions_FE_bundle.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the Pax battle video where they interrupt the fight to sing....Yeah I'll be passing on this. Reminds me of FF X-2. Looks lame as hell.

Edit. Tried to link video but didn't work
Honestly I could get more than a few hours into X-2. The whole j -pop, girly style was not for me. I thought SMTxFE was going to be more of a mix of SMT IV & FE. Ya know demons & knights. This looks like Persona j-pop edition with a little FE sprinked on top. I get what your saying. Not my style at all.

I know what you meant, you're just wrong
He's 100% right. You just seem to be irked by his dislike of the style. This is for that anime j-pop fan base. It's heavily incorporated for a reason. Nothing wrong with what you like. It's like the people that hate Rock Band & amplitude, but run out and buy every Project Diva game. They prefer that anime j-pop style.

Honestly I could get more than a few hours into X-2. The whole j -pop, girly style was not for me. I thought SMTxFE was going to be more of a mix of SMT IV & FE. Ya know demons & knights. This looks like Persona j-pop edition with a little FE sprinked on top. I get what your saying. Not my style at all.

He's 100% right. You just seem to be irked by his dislike of the style. This is for that anime j-pop fan base. It's heavily incorporated for a reason. Nothing wrong with what you like. It's like the people that hate Rock Band & amplitude, but run out and buy every Project Diva game. They prefer that anime j-pop style.
Exactly. He didn't know what I meant. Lol! It is what it is. I liked xenoblade x. This game just looks like ass. The style ruins it for me.

Final Fantasy X-2 is absolutely nothing like how you guys explain it. This is ignorance and misinformation run amuck.

I could go either way with this game for a number of reasons but if its as good as FFX-2 that's fine with me.

Final Fantasy X-2 is absolutely nothing like how you guys explain it. This is ignorance and misinformation run amuck.

I could go either way with this game for a number of reasons but if its as good as FFX-2 that's fine with me.
So you're saying X-2 isn't heavy on j - pop & girly? Ignorance is bliss must be your motto.

https://youtu.be/oiXcL06P3ko

:whistle2:

Exactly. He didn't know what I meant. Lol! It is what it is. I liked xenoblade x. This game just looks like ass. The style ruins it for me.
Yes, I knew what you meant, my point is that if the game is good the visual trappings shouldn't matter

It's like dismissing Ratchet and Clank because it looks like a cartoon. Who cares? I don't really like the J-Pop stuff either, but I like SMT and FE.

Yes, I knew what you meant, my point is that if the game is good the visual trappings shouldn't matter

It's like dismissing Ratchet and Clank because it looks like a cartoon. Who cares? I don't really like the J-Pop stuff either, but I like SMT and FE.
Yeah I like SMT & FE. That's why this game is a turn off to me. It doesn't seem like either one. Your R&C analogy makes no sense in context to our conversation though. Ratchet & Clank always had that visual style. Neither SMT or Fire Emblem were J-pop simulators. So it's a turn off to some fans. You're cool with it, I'm just not. You're very naive if you believe that the visual style doesn't matter. FF X-2 was a success, but it sold just shy of 4 million copies compared to FF X's over 10 million.

Why are we talking about x2 when we all know FF12 is the greatest and most underrated FF game ever made?
You know I have that game, but have not played it yet. They only main line FF I haven't beaten. It seem divisive though. The main splitting point between people seems to be the battle system.

Yeah I like SMT & FE. That's why this game is a turn off to me. It doesn't seem like either one. Your R&C analogy makes no sense in context to our conversation though. Ratchet & Clank always had that visual style. Neither SMT or Fire Emblem were J-pop simulators. So it's a turn off to some fans. You're cool with it, I'm just not. You're very naive if you believe that the visual style doesn't matter. FF X-2 was a success, but it sold just shy of 4 million copies compared to FF X's over 10 million.
Except FFX-2 is one of the best Final Fantasys. Your close-mindedness being the prevailing attitude towards it doesn't prove anything other than your own biases. X-2 never would have sold as much as X, because X was the first FF on a new platform, and it was hella impressive at the time (visually, at least... I always hated the game itself).

And hey guess what, your analogy makes no sense because TMS isn't a "J-pop simulator". It plays like the SMT games. Also, sorry to break it to you, but both of those original series are anime as fuck.

On topic: the Amazon page now has actual images on it, so it'll probably be up for order soon.

Except FFX-2 is one of the best Final Fantasys. Your close-mindedness being the prevailing attitude towards it doesn't prove anything other than your own biases. X-2 never would have sold as much as X, because X was the first FF on a new platform, and it was hella impressive at the time (visually, at least... I always hated the game itself).

And hey guess what, your analogy makes no sense because TMS isn't a "J-pop simulator". It plays like the SMT games. Also, sorry to break it to you, but both of those original series are anime as fuck.

On topic: the Amazon page now has actual images on it, so it'll probably be up for order soon.
First X-2 being one of the best final fantasy's is your opinion it's rating & user scores say otherwise

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/final-fantasy-x-2

I've constantly stated that how I feel is my opinion. That's it. You seem to like to state your opinion as fact & not respect mine. You really aren't good at analogies. I've only played SMT (Nocturne, IV, Persona 1 & 3 FES ) & every US released Fire Emblem. None of them had you dancing around on stage & being interrupted mid battle for a j pop performance. Being anime as fuck doesn't matter. Those games (SMT) were dark. Also your analogy of FF-X sales is laughable. So why does every Call of duty out sell the previous one before it? Ghost was out sold buy Advance Warfare by a large margin & AW was outsold by Black ops 3 by a large margin. If you give people what they want they will buy it. Hell a even better example would be the GTA series. X-2 sold less than half of it's predecessor because most people were turned off by the style. Read those user reviews.

Why are we talking about x2 when we all know FF12 is the greatest and most underrated FF game ever made?
fuck yeah! I knew I liked you for a number of great reasons!

I've been disappointed with the combat system and world building of every FF since. 12 remains the best IMO.

The combat specifically was a developer's dream. There was basically a scripting language for combat with unlockable sets of scripts. Too cool. I'm shocked that idea hasn't been used in more games.

First X-2 being one of the best final fantasy's is your opinion it's rating & user scores say otherwise

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/final-fantasy-x-2

I've constantly stated that how I feel is my opinion. That's it. You seem to like to state your opinion as fact & not respect mine. You really aren't good at analogies. I've only played SMT (Nocturne, IV, Persona 1 & 3 FES ) & every US released Fire Emblem. None of them had you dancing around on stage & being interrupted mid battle for a j pop performance. Being anime as fuck doesn't matter. Those games (SMT) were dark. Also your analogy of FF-X sales is laughable. So why does every Call of duty out sell the previous one before it? Ghost was out sold buy Advance Warfare by a large margin & AW was outsold by Black ops 3 by a large margin. If you give people what they want they will buy it. Hell a even better example would be the GTA series. X-2 sold less than half of it's predecessor because most people were turned off by the style. Read those user reviews.
oh my god dude who fucking cares

if you aren't interested in this, cool, just take your non-logic elsewhere. it was over as soon as you invoked metacritic

now i need to remember where the ignore function is, I haven't used it since the "give credit to bainsbridge's stache" garbage

oh my god dude who fucking cares

if you aren't interested in this, cool, just take your non-logic elsewhere. it was over as soon as you invoked metacritic

now i need to remember where the ignore function is, I haven't used it since the "give credit to bainsbridge's stache" garbage
Obviously YOU care. You wouldn't have gotten so angry at the notion that "someone doesn't like what you like". You started spouting off dumb reasons why my you thought my opinion was wrong. Don't get mad because your argument got ripped to shreds. I cited facts vs you spouting your opinion as fact. Learn to respect opinions and you'll avoid raging in the future. Thanks

Obviously YOU care. You wouldn't have gotten so angry at the notion that "someone doesn't like what you like". You started spouting off dumb reasons why my you thought my opinion was wrong. Don't get mad because your argument got ripped to shreds. I cited facts vs you spouting your opinion as fact. Learn to respect opinions and you'll avoid raging in the future. Thanks
It doesn't seem like Larry had an argument from the start. Like I said before. It seems like he was just upset at you because you didn't like the style of this game and voiced it. A game he is looking forward too. The way his "argument" fell apart on a post to post basis shows that. Some people just get angry at silly stuff like that. Opinions guys... just opinions.

It doesn't seem like Larry had an argument from the start. Like I said before. It seems like he was just upset at you because you didn't like the style of this game and voiced it. A game he is looking forward too. The way his "argument" fell apart on a post to post basis shows that. Some people just get angry at silly stuff like that. Opinions guys... just opinions.
Actually he came just to threadshit, and that should have been obvious from the beginning.

But he apparently thinks Metacritic counts as "fact" (guess what, it's just a collection of opinions too!) and immediately dismissed this game so it's pretty apparent that he's just trolling. I'm not angry at him, just not willing to deal with his trolling anymore. More angry that I didn't realize it from the start.

I dunno what your deal is, though, you've just been piggybacking on his posts

Actually he came just to threadshit, and that should have been obvious from the beginning.

But he apparently thinks Metacritic counts as "fact" (guess what, it's just a collection of opinions too!) and immediately dismissed this game so it's pretty apparent that he's just trolling. I'm not angry at him, just not willing to deal with his trolling anymore. More angry that I didn't realize it from the start.

I dunno what your deal is, though, you've just been piggybacking on his posts
That seems to be your problem. People that don't agree with you are trolling in your mind. I remember you doing the same thing in the Devil's Third threads when that was a thing. The facts that he posted were sales numbers. The metacritic proved that FFX2 wasn't one of the best FF's of all time like you stated. Reviews didn't think so(Meta) neither did fans (User scores). If you can't see that you're just being silly.

I actually agree with him on not liking how different TMS looks than the source material. Matrix came at me about FFX2 and I quickly silenced him. With you Iv'e been just watching. Your argument fell apart on it's own. Just thought it was childish how you acted in the end (Cursing, name calling, announcing your putting him on ignore twice) It was very Gamefaqs ish. You really shouldn't take opinions to heart.

His true colors came out in the end. I'm not worried. I still respect his opinion. At least you actually read my posts & used basic comprehension. Thanks

That seems to be your problem. People that don't agree with you are trolling in your mind. I remember you doing the same thing in the Devil's Third threads when that was a thing. The facts that he posted were sales numbers. The metacritic proved that FFX2 wasn't one of the best FF's of all time like you stated. Reviews didn't think so(Meta) neither did fans (User scores). If you can't see that you're just being silly.

I actually agree with him on not liking how different TMS looks than the source material. Matrix came at me about FFX2 and I quickly silenced him. With you Iv'e been just watching. Your argument fell apart on it's own. Just thought it was childish how you acted in the end (Cursing, name calling, announcing your putting him on ignore twice) It was very Gamefaqs ish. You really shouldn't take opinions to heart.
Sales numbers and reviews are not indicative of quality. Batman Vs Superman sold a bunch of tickets, but it's still a garbage movie. There are also games that got bad reviews but are actually rad (God Hand is the first example I can think of). But if someone really thinks that both of those are stone-cold facts, you can't argue with them. There's no point in it. People seem to think FF7 is good, for fuck's sake. And hey, that's an opinion! Just like reviews! They're opinions! Not facts!

It's cool if you don't like the change (even if this really might as well just be an entirely new game -- that's partly why I don't understand the outrage) but he came in with some bizarre post equating it to FFX-2, and mentioning multiple times how he wouldn't be buying it. If you don't think that's trolling, congrats on peering into the inner goodness of all humanity, I suppose. That's why my original post was just a joke about his weird "fanbase" comment.

And sorry, man, but I curse in writing all the time, it's not personal. I don't remember any name-calling, and I legitimately forgot where the ignore function was, and thought others could find it helpful since he was shitting up the thread. Every time this got bumped I would check it because I thought the Amazon listing was up, but it was just nonsense.

Lastly, I think you might be misremembering about Devil's Third. I don't really care one way or the other about that game, I only pointed out that people who were saying it's "SO BAD" probably hadn't played it, because there is nothing interesting about it whatsoever.

Yeah I like SMT & FE. That's why this game is a turn off to me. It doesn't seem like either one.
TMS FE gameplay, the most important part of an RPG, has elemental weaknesses and a Rock-Paper-Scissors weapon systems incorporated from both games.

TLDR; You're a slave to visuals. Which is fine, just acknowledge it instead of pretending the games are nothing alike.

You're right, there is no argument. Simple fact that the games are very similar differing only in aesthetic.

Sales numbers and reviews are not indicative of quality. Batman Vs Superman sold a bunch of tickets, but it's still a garbage movie. There are also games that got bad reviews but are actually rad (God Hand is the first example I can think of). But if someone really thinks that both of those are stone-cold facts, you can't argue with them. There's no point in it. People seem to think FF7 is good, for fuck's sake. And hey, that's an opinion! Just like reviews! They're opinions! Not facts!

Exactly, but he never said that scores were fact. That's an argument no one could honestly uses. In this instance they were used as an example. I get that FFX2 is one of the greatest even in your opinion. I assumed that's what you meant. Not everyone will assume though.

It's cool if you don't like the change (even if this really might as well just be an entirely new game -- that's partly why I don't understand the outrage) but he came in with some bizarre post equating it to FFX-2, and mentioning multiple times how he wouldn't be buying it. If you don't think that's trolling, congrats on peering into the inner goodness of all humanity, I suppose. That's why my original post was just a joke about his weird "fanbase" comment.
The 1st thing I thought when I saw gameplay of TMS was " It reminds me of FFX2" so that I understand that notion. There is no outrage on my part , just confusion. Even during the reveal on nintendo direct. The guy had to tell everyone that the game they just saw was the SMTxFE crossover. No one can honestly say the game is what they wanted, expected or asked for in this crossover. Not to say a group of people wouldn't be open to the new style though. There is a fanbase for this type of game as I explained with the rock band vs project diva comment earlier. I don't think the fanbase comment was a insult at all.

And sorry, man, but I curse in writing all the time, it's not personal. I don't remember any name-calling, and I legitimately forgot where the ignore function was, and thought others could find it helpful since he was shitting up the thread. Every time this got bumped I would check it because I thought the Amazon listing was up, but it was just nonsense.
Well that's fine i guess, but you have to understand you come off as hostile when you curse. So I thought you were angry too. The way he came off was a tad abrasive, but you two were both involved in the argument. You were just as guilty at "shitting" the thread up as he was. The ignore thing you could have kept to yourself. You should have ignored him from the start and just not replied if it really irked you.

Lastly, I think you might be misremembering about Devil's Third. I don't really care one way or the other about that game, I only pointed out that people who were saying it's "SO BAD" probably hadn't played it, because there is nothing interesting about it whatsoever.
Yeah I remember it right. Lots of people that own the game think it's THAT BAD me included. For someone to say " you probably didn't play it " in an effort to downplay your opinion is annoying. Not worth an argument though. I just let stuff like that slide. Just opinions ya know

TMS FE gameplay, the most important part of an RPG, has elemental weaknesses and a Rock-Paper-Scissors weapon systems incorporated from both games.

TLDR; You're a slave to visuals. Which is fine, just acknowledge it instead of pretending the games are nothing alike.
I said from the start the style ruins the game. I just don't like the whole flamboyant J-pop style. I never said anything about game mechanics. When it comes to the style the games are nothing alike. That style has it's fans though... Enjoy it.

I said from the start the style ruins the game. I just don't like the whole flamboyant J-pop style. I never said anything about game mechanics. When it comes to the style the games are nothing alike. That style has it's fans though... Enjoy it.
Being able to overlook its aesthetic and enjoy gameplay doesn't make a fan of it. I'm of a camp that hates things like Miku, and j-pop comes close to making my ears bleed. If a combat system is deep, fun and rewarding I wouldn't care too much what it looked like. I understand that visuals are important to you, and in some genres they are for me as well. RPG's are not one of them.

well these quotes are busted and idk how to fix them because this forum is a nightmare, so I'll just use regular-ass quote marks:

"Exactly, but he never said that scores were fact. That's an argument no one could honestly uses."

He did, actually. "I cited facts vs you spouting your opinion as fact." All he did was cite Metacritic. I also made the mistake of expanding his post before that where he actually compares the sales of COD, a yearly franchise, to FF, a series that took years between entries and held a huge amount of cachet at the time. Now THAT'S funny.

"The 1st thing I thought when I saw gameplay of TMS was " It reminds me of FFX2" so that I understand that notion. There is no outrage on my part , just confusion. Even during the reveal on nintendo direct. The guy had to tell everyone that the game they just saw was the SMTxFE crossover. No one can honestly say the game is what they wanted, expected or asked for in this crossover. Not to say a group of people wouldn't be open to the new style though. There is a fanbase for this type of game as I explained with the rock band vs project diva comment earlier. I don't think the fanbase comment was a insult at all."

I can kinda understand the FFX-2 comparison in terms of visuals, but the point is that it still plays like an SMT game, with elements of FE. I also did not know about the name change and everything until fairly recently, but I'm fine with it. I'm not sure if I could say it's what I "wanted" (certainly not expected or asked for, not that that's inherently a bad thing) but I won't know until I play it. If it's great, then sure, what I wanted was a great game.

The fanbase thing, by itself, would not be an insult if he hadn't used it as a direct followup to "THIS LOOKS LAME AS HELL" twice. Then he is insulting people who would be attracted to it because of that. Your Miku fans and whatnot, I suppose. I don't like Project Diva, but that's because I find the music unlistenable and the game part unplayable. To be fair, I also find large sections of the Rock Band on-disc soundtracks unlistenable :V

"Well that's fine i guess, but you have to understand you come off as hostile when you curse. So I thought you were angry too. The way he came off was a tad abrasive, but you two were both involved in the argument. You were just as guilty at "shitting" the thread up as he was. The ignore thing you could have kept to yourself. You should have ignored him from the start and just not replied if it really irked you."

Yeah, I get that. I thought the first "sick-ass RPGs" post was pretty obviously in jest, but he took it completely seriously. I admit I should have just ignored him ASAP but I haven't done that since I ignored Deader and a couple of others quite a while ago, mostly because the function is so buried. But, again, it didn't actually "irk" me, I just didn't get why someone would completely write off a game just because you don't like how it looks. I'm not really a huge fan of it either. That was my point.

"Yeah I remember it right. Lots of people that own the game think it's THAT BAD me included. For someone to say " you probably didn't play it " in an effort to downplay your opinion is annoying. Not worth an argument though. I just let stuff like that slide. Just opinions ya know"

Well, remember that those threads were for the game being in stock, so it's reasonable to assume that the people there hadn't actually played it. After all, it was really hard to find for a while -- thank God that national nightmare is over. I also don't think I directly refuted someone's claim that they had played it. If you have, sure, say whatever you think, but a bunch of people were just parroting, once again, the metascore. I swear to Christ, review aggregates are the worst thing to happen to discourse.

Being able to overlook its aesthetic and enjoy gameplay doesn't make a fan of it. I'm of a camp that hates things like Miku, and j-pop comes close to making my ears bleed. If a combat system is deep, fun and rewarding I wouldn't care too much what it looked like. I understand that visuals are important to you, and in some genres they are for me as well. RPG's are not one of them.
Yeah I understand. You're way more open minded than a lot of gamers. I respect that. I gave X-2 a chance twice, back when it was originally released and on the HD collection. I just couldn't do it. The one style I just can't deal with. TMS is that j pop feel to the max. aesthetics are big in all game to me. It's like women. She can be the nicest, coolest girl ever, but if you're not attracted to her you will never give her a chance.

well these quotes are busted and idk how to fix them because this forum is a nightmare, so I'll just use regular-ass quote marks:

"Exactly, but he never said that scores were fact. That's an argument no one could honestly uses."

He did, actually. "I cited facts vs you spouting your opinion as fact." All he did was cite Metacritic. I also made the mistake of expanding his post before that where he actually compares the sales of COD, a yearly franchise, to FF, a series that took years between entries and held a huge amount of cachet at the time. Now THAT'S funny.

"The 1st thing I thought when I saw gameplay of TMS was " It reminds me of FFX2" so that I understand that notion. There is no outrage on my part , just confusion. Even during the reveal on nintendo direct. The guy had to tell everyone that the game they just saw was the SMTxFE crossover. No one can honestly say the game is what they wanted, expected or asked for in this crossover. Not to say a group of people wouldn't be open to the new style though. There is a fanbase for this type of game as I explained with the rock band vs project diva comment earlier. I don't think the fanbase comment was a insult at all."

I can kinda understand the FFX-2 comparison in terms of visuals, but the point is that it still plays like an SMT game, with elements of FE. I also did not know about the name change and everything until fairly recently, but I'm fine with it. I'm not sure if I could say it's what I "wanted" (certainly not expected or asked for, not that that's inherently a bad thing) but I won't know until I play it. If it's great, then sure, what I wanted was a great game.

The fanbase thing, by itself, would not be an insult if he hadn't used it as a direct followup to "THIS LOOKS LAME AS HELL" twice. Then he is insulting people who would be attracted to it because of that. Your Miku fans and whatnot, I suppose. I don't like Project Diva, but that's because I find the music unlistenable and the game part unplayable. To be fair, I also find large sections of the Rock Band on-disc soundtracks unlistenable :V

"Well that's fine i guess, but you have to understand you come off as hostile when you curse. So I thought you were angry too. The way he came off was a tad abrasive, but you two were both involved in the argument. You were just as guilty at "shitting" the thread up as he was. The ignore thing you could have kept to yourself. You should have ignored him from the start and just not replied if it really irked you."

Yeah, I get that. I thought the first "sick-ass RPGs" post was pretty obviously in jest, but he took it completely seriously. I admit I should have just ignored him ASAP but I haven't done that since I ignored Deader and a couple of others quite a while ago, mostly because the function is so buried. But, again, it didn't actually "irk" me, I just didn't get why someone would completely write off a game just because you don't like how it looks. I'm not really a huge fan of it either. That was my point.

"Yeah I remember it right. Lots of people that own the game think it's THAT BAD me included. For someone to say " you probably didn't play it " in an effort to downplay your opinion is annoying. Not worth an argument though. I just let stuff like that slide. Just opinions ya know"

Well, remember that those threads were for the game being in stock, so it's reasonable to assume that the people there hadn't actually played it. After all, it was really hard to find for a while -- thank God that national nightmare is over. I also don't think I directly refuted someone's claim that they had played it. If you have, sure, say whatever you think, but a bunch of people were just parroting, once again, the metascore. I swear to Christ, review aggregates are the worst thing to happen to discourse.
It's all good. You two were just jesting at first and it got heated. People say stuff when it's heated. Honestly I am also guilty of not giving games a try if I don't like the look of it. I also take previews & reviews into account too. I like to gauge the overall opinion on games. I learned years ago not to buy blind. Lol!

bread's done
Back