* * * * * 3 votes

CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

Japan Niche Cag Backlog Vita Playstation Xbox Nintendo PS4 PS3

Poll: Backlog game of the month

Wait for next month

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

Vote Guests cannot vote

#541 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5725 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Are you playing on Safety? I haven't been able to retry any fights on any other difficulty level yet.

Normal. I don't particularly enjoy the way harder difficulties are setup in games.

EDIT: I should probably also mention that they may have been event battles. They were brand new enemies for me when I faced them for sure. I haven't died in quite a while though and never to basic enemies that I can remember.

#542 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20114 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Here is a tip, get the free DLC item, sell the soma for 50k.  That will make a huge difference early on.

#543 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Are you playing on Safety? I haven't been able to retry any fights on any other difficulty level yet.

Bosses can be retried on hard mode. Sure is handy when the boss ohkos you!
Difficulty has definitely eased up in the second dungeon as I expected. There weren't any particularly high leveled enemies relative to your level compared to the first dungeon.

#544 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Normal. I don't particularly enjoy the way harder difficulties are setup in games.

EDIT: I should probably also mention that they may have been event battles. They were brand new enemies for me when I faced them for sure. I haven't died in quite a while though and never to basic enemies that I can remember.

That makes sense then. I haven't died on an event or boss battle yet, but I've died in plenty of regular battles.

#545 elessar123  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Here is a tip, get the free DLC item, sell the soma for 50k. That will make a huge difference early on.

Lol that's the first thing I did when I could. Geared up with the best stuff from the shop available, and I'm broke again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#546 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Wow, are the school questions insanely difficult for anyone else!?

I mean I was able to do most of the P3/4 ones myself, but these I have to go straight to Google. And sometimes Google doesn't even help unless you use a faq, even Wiki doesn't know a lot of them. These are definitely not High School questions, maybe not even College level. Either that or the Japanese school system is miles ahead of the US. 

Just found out that you can use the Network poll to help you too. Makes things 100x easier. Also, having Morgana is cheating, wish I had something like that for my exams.

#547 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

So I am a few hours in and started this morning. A little slow to start but I expected that and really like it alot.

Found a guide for the questions and wondered about the guide so I dont miss anything important.

#548 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

5/19 now, things are starting to get pretty tense. I read an article on Gameinformer a few months back where they said the story in P5 is different from that of the past Persona games in that the protagonists and his friends go out and seek trouble, rather than get put into an unfortunate set of events. It's a cool departure from the series, and works pretty well.

Also I can see why people think the pacing of the game/story is a little slow. The characters tend to repeat things and situations a lot, just to make sure to audience is still keeping up with the story. There are also a lot of pauses and obstacles along the way, which makes the protagonist seek other ways around a problem, rather than talking to someone out right. There's also a lot of elevator talk and casual dialogue along the way, and when combined with outside activities like school, it makes long gaps in between story progression. I think there just needs to be a little patience, and not be treated like other games, where fighting to the end boss is the one and only goal. 

#549 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

RE class questions. I've only seen two of them so far, but they seem to be just random questions. I recall several questions from 4 and maybe 3 could be answered just by paying attention in class, but yeah I've just looked up the answers as well to this games questions so far.

#550 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:50 AM

I made a Persona 5 Progress Tracker for the Wiki in this thread.

Here is who I got so far: 

Gershomcz Draco259 BlackRockWaifu Sirpikaz Commodore Wheeler Hostyl1 Draekon Tsoul Nitrosmob Godofwar7 Deadofnight 62t Elessar123 Thatguy1513

Just add your name if I missed you or if you haven't posted yet. Also update your progress with the date you got to if you want to. The Wiki is editable by anyone. This isn't a race but just helps us keep track of our progress relative to others, and helps us stay on track towards clearing it out of the backlog.

If anything happens like time travel or whatever, and the date becomes a spoiler, keep the last date before it happens.

RE class questions. I've only seen two of them so far, but they seem to be just random questions. I recall several questions from 4 and maybe 3 could be answered just by paying attention in class, but yeah I've just looked up the answers as well to this games questions so far.

Bet you would've gotten it right if it was a business/economics question. 

#551 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:03 AM

I'll admit that the first dungeons boss was disappointingly easy for hard mode. Not so with the second dungeon boss. Took me a few tries to eek out the perfect strategy.

Oh and I'm June 6th I believe.

#552 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:18 AM

I'm playing less than I would like so I'm only on 4/20.

Edit: What is better to choose during hold up if you already have the persona? Money, items, or all out?

#553 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Edit: What is better to choose during hold up if you already have the persona? Money, items, or all out?

I've just been hitting all out. It never really seems like I earn that much money and the items seem irrelevant to me most of the time. I'd rather just build exp.

Also I beat the first dungeon. I was able to make it to the treasure in one go, but I am playing on easy mode. Even despite the lack of difficulty though, I was running empty on everyone's sp at the end. I had keep pumping Ryuji and the Mc with healing items to trigger physical attacks.

#554 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

Edit: What is better to choose during hold up if you already have the persona? Money, items, or all out?

All out of you want exp. money if you a little more than you than you would normally make. Items if you're too cheap to buy recovery items and have been using them a lot. Or items/money in the case where all out is not enough to kill and you're scared that you might die.

Loving the call backs to the older games. Heard Catherine music in the movies. P4 music in a DVD. Haha got another stalker girl npc like in p3. Feather rangers showed up on tv.

Also makoto
Spoiler

Also
Spoiler

#555 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Oh yeah something I did for my edit to the wiki post was throw in my level next to the date I'm on (I see Gershomcz did too). I figure it'll be nice to throw in some context so people can get an idea of how strong we are when whatever happens.

Also does anyone know when exactly a persona is registered? Like if I hold up and convince a persona to join while having a full party can I just immediately delete them and still have them registered for later use? Do I have to bring them to the velvet room to be registered for the first time or is that only for later updates to already registered personas.

#556 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Oh yeah something I did for my edit to the wiki post was throw in my level next to the date I'm on (I see Gershomcz did too). I figure it'll be nice to throw in some context so people can get an idea of how strong we are when whatever happens.

Also does anyone know when exactly a persona is registered? Like if I hold up and convince a persona to join while having a full party can I just immediately delete them and still have them registered for later use? Do I have to bring them to the velvet room to be registered for the first time or is that only for later updates to already registered personas.

I liked the level thing so I copied you.

They auto register as soon as you get them. You only manually register them when they have gained xp or skills.

#557 elessar123  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

In SMT, you can register crappier versions to re-summon for a cheaper cost for merging purposes. Of course, you'd lose the skills.

#558 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Edit: What is better to choose during hold up if you already have the persona? Money, items, or all out?

4/20 huh... not a bad day to stop on...

After experimenting with all 3, I find that items is usually the best. Since you get exp, and money, along with the item they give you. Most of the times the items are pretty crappy though. If they see that they already have a persona of the same type in your party, they are also more willing to help you. I think it gives you the same amount of EXP you would get for killing with an AOA too, not entirely sure but that's what happened with the horse enemies. I think you might get end of battle items as well.

I also found that money is by far the worst choice. Usually the money given isn't a lot, and I don't think you get any end of round exp (or a minuscule amount), and definitely no extra end of round money or items. So the other choices give you money as well, this choice just sacrifices anything else for a little bit more money, which fighting another battle would give.

AOAs are in between, and also the fastest way to end a battle. Unless they give more EXP than asking for items, which I'm still not sure about.

Yeah like the previous posts mentioned, you don't need to manually do it. But I think Draekon mentioned there was a PS4 glitch or something where if you delete it outright, it wouldn't register or something, so just make room for it just in case.

#559 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

I started playing some of the second dungeon. Health and SP seem like they won't be as much of an issue anymore. I guess it helps once you level up enough and get better equipment.

This also helped. Early game spoilers.

Spoiler

#560 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

I made another column on the wiki to add your group's name if you got to that part. I thought it would be cool to share them, and also see each other's weird and funny names.

#561 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

I made another column on the wiki to add your group's name if you got to that part. I thought it would be cool to share them, and also see each other's weird and funny names.

I just left my group name as the default name. Nothing was coming to mind, and I didn't want to sit there for several minutes thinking of a name.

On a similar note, I named my character Ash Densmore. I decided to keep a Doors theme going. I named my Persona 3 FES character Kaleb Morrison.

#562 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

Ash Densmore. Doors theme. Kaleb Morrison.

Wait who? I tried Googling it but nothing came up. I thought by Doors you meant like 3 Doors Down, and they were like band members or something... I think I'm missing the connection here...

#563 elessar123  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

You've never heard of The Doors?

#564 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Wait who? I tried Googling it but nothing came up. I thought by Doors you meant like 3 Doors Down, and they were like band members or something... I think I'm missing the connection here...

The Doors. I only took the last names from Jim Morrison and John Densmore. Ash and Kaleb just sounded cool.

#565 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

Anyone know where to find/ how to fuse a sun type persona? I met the confidant for it, but I'd rather not talk to him anymore until I have one. I'm currently on the second dungeon. I feel like I've recruited almost every persona so far, but I haven't gotten hold of a sun type one yet.

#566 Quagmilion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Quagmilion

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Sun/moon/strength links don't need a Persona to level up. They advance everytime.

#567 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10007 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

I'm pretty sure Fool and Magician are automatic too when you reach points during the game. Glad I don't have to use Strength personas honestly....always been one of my least favorite arcanas persona wise. I'm more of a magic type guy though.

#568 elessar123  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

I usually avoid magic types unless the game has some sort of bard/mp regen. And even then, not always.

I never ran with a mage in Etrian Odyssey either til Untold 2. Sniper / Hexer / etc all last so much longer.

I did run with one in Dungeon Travelers 2, because a lot of non-magic skills are capped pretty low. But TP is easy to get for a mage in that game anyways.

#569 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm in the second dungeon and I am loving this game and collecting persona.

The only thing I dont like is I am always underlevel for most of the fusing, and ones I am not, i already have and/or they suck.

It's fun trying to have an active social life and battle in dungeons and doing both.

#570 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Lol... that Morgana run animation...