* * * * * 3 votes

CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous (Monster Hunter World!) [February]

Japan Niche Cag Backlog Vita Playstation Xbox Nintendo PS4 PS3

Poll: Backlog game of the month

Wait for next month

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

-

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

I'm going to start Rorona Plus tomorrow. I was pretty dang addicted to the Overwatch Beta so now that's over I will focus on my backlog games.

#62 elessar123  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

I almost started it last night, but I fell asleep.

#63 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

May I make a suggestion that to go along with the game of the month we can also post impressions of any current game we are playing. That way we don't feel like it's only locked into one game.

I'll start

Game I've been playing: Chrono Trigger

The music and stories so far have been fantastic. i've just made it to the part where you get Robo. I've impressed with how your actions during earlier parts of the game affect the story later on.

#64 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

I'm currently playing Dark Souls 3.

I love the boss battles' music. The movement is better than DS2 but my complain is the lag. When I get invaded, which is a lot, I get a sneak attack or hit that doesn't register. It really bothers me because people run away here much more than DS2. Other than that it's a great game.

Waiting on Valkyria Chronicles Remastered so I can pass it again. This time with trophies.

#65 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Atilier Rorona completed! Not going for the platinum trophy or any of the more difficult endings, so I'm happy to have the main story finished.

Thanks CAG Niche Backloggers Anonymous! Backlogged game is out of backlog. Hopefully I can participate next month or if not, some other time soon at least.

Anyway, back to playing Suikoden 3 now. I've finished all 4 characters' chapter 1, and Chris's chapter 2, and now working my way thru Hugo's chapter 2. Still hate the wonky camera, but the game is pretty fun so far.

#66 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

I'm failing majorly on my backlog goal this month so far...I didn't start Rorona Plus....I have reached the final level of Enter the Gungeon though haha....I may start it tonight....but so far just haven't. I have been playing games but they're not ones you really beat that easily like Enter the Gungeon and Pocket Race Jockey. 

#67 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

Okay, Atelier Rorona month will come to a close next week.

Suggestions for the next month begin today and ends Friday, voting will be in a separate thread next weekend.

Deadline to submit a name or screenshot for the Wall of Fame ends May 31st.

This was a quiet week, but I think it's cause things just got started, and this game had relativity low hype. I'll be suggesting/voting this time too.

#68 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

Ugh. I'm hardly halfway through. Must play faster. It's hard when I play late at late and Rorona is always sassin me. "I get tired too you know"

#69 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3025 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:44 AM

I found that the last few assignments went by really quickly, at least for me. Just keep plugging away at it and you'll have it beaten soon enough. Luckily my save was about 2/3rds of the way into the game or I wouldn't have finished last weekend.

I submit my recommendations for next month:

Tales of Hearts R  :vita:

Trails of Cold Steel  :vita: / :ps3:

SMT IV :3ds:

#70 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 22 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

I recommend SAO: Re:Hollow, Steins;Gate, and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered.

#71 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

Here are my three suggestions to keep it fair: Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, Steins Gate, Megadimension Neptunia VII.

And if you want to be in the Games Completed List, please say so. Thank you. So far I got Krymner.

#72 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

Man I've been totally sidetracked by Uncharted 4. I still want to beat Rorona but it might not be before the end of the month.

#73 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

I beat Rorona, and saw all the endings.  Just doing the post game "Overtime" year now.  So I am hoping to get the plat in the next day or two :)

My suggestions for next month are -

Steins Gate

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Nights of Azure

#74 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:44 AM

Tokyo Babel, Akiba's Trip and Dragon's Crown are my suggestions. I need to play Akiba's Trip more, same with Dragon's Crown, and I barely started Tokyo Babel so I have a lot to go for that.

#75 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

ni no Kung, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered(or regular), persona 4 golden. (or regular)

#76 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Suggestions updated and tallied, you guys have until Friday to name three games.

Don't forget that voting will be in a new thread with a poll, but the main backlog thread is still here.

You can do another round of introductions with every new month, focusing on the game.

#77 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

so..close...last year...must finish...

#78 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:55 AM

Bravely Default

Zero Escape: VLR

Persona 3 FES/P3P

#79 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

Just got my plat in Rorona  :bouncy: The post game year was a lot of fun.  The mobs are more difficult than the ones from the regular game, which I loved.  

#80 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:20 AM

And... I got credits! I am missing a few endings I'll work on those the next few days but this game is complete :)

#81 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

And... I got credits! I am missing a few endings I'll work on those the next few days but this game is complete :)

Congrats I could never get started.....I blame my will and Overwatch and reading a bunch of comics and magazines. I need to go to it, likely next month if I don't have the games in the vote. 

#82 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

Congrats to Krymner, Midori Monkey, and Sirpikaz for clearing Atelier Rorona out of their backlogs! Let's give them a round of applause!

Next month's game voting will now begin, and end on Sunday night.

You can vote here: https://www.cheapass...e-other-thread/

Choices are, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, Stein's Gate, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Suggestions was a bit more varied and spread out this time, but both Steins gate and Valkyria got 3 votes, while SAO got 2.

#83 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:59 AM

And the second month of the Backloggers Anonymous begins! 

This month's game is Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, and the original one is fine too.

It is available on :ps4: , :ps3: and :pc:

I got hype so I bought the game today, which is fine since it was in my mental backlog anyway, and the steel book is really nice.

#84 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Excellent.  I've been pretty excited about this remaster.  I didn't finish the game on the ps3. My profile ended up getting deleted by someone and I lost all my saves, including this one.  I was pretty far too.  

Not sure if I will go for the plat in this one.  I read up a bit on the A rank trophy.  And if the guide I read was right... it sounds like you just bee line for the objects and throw tactics out the window to get the highest rank. That doesn't sound like much fun. 

I feel kinda bad though.  I told my boyfriend he could play it, but I just stole it back.  Oh well, he wasn't too far, since he pretty much only plays league.

#85 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

I'll try starting it tonight.

#86 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

Well I got my Plat on Rorona! I kind of just blasted through the weekend! So time to move on to the next one.

#87 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

I started VC yesterday, and I must say... It's pretty damn cool. Feels fire emblem-y with a bit more action. I like that if I lose a character I don't lose all the experience they've gained since you level that "class" and not that character directly. Still going to do my best not to leave anyone behind!! The art is pretty and the story is good too!

#88 elessar123  

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

I will probably start VC... after Witcher 3 expansion and Tsum Tsum Star Wars event...

I did play the PS3 version up to around chapter 6 or so. I was aiming to break the scouts, but didn't get that far.

#89 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

I started VC yesterday, and I must say... It's pretty damn cool. Feels fire emblem-y with a bit more action. I like that if I lose a character I don't lose all the experience they've gained since you level that "class" and not that character directly. Still going to do my best not to leave anyone behind!! The art is pretty and the story is good too!

If nothing has changed from the ps3 version... there are two people you may want to have die.  Oscar and Karl unlock secret characters if you unlock there secret potential and then let them die.

Here is a list of all the secret characters that were in the ps3 version and how to get them -

Audrey - Lancer - Earn 10 or more medals.
Emile - Sniper - Unlock Oscar's hidden potential then let him die.
Knute - Engineer - Enter the Command Room with 1,000,000 DCT.
Lynn - Shocktrooper - Unlock Karl's hidden potential then let him die.
Musaad - Scout - Complete story mode once.

#90 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

I also started it last night. I never finished it on ps3 but intend to plat this time. I'm not really trying to get S rank on this playthrough so just enjoying the story and gameplay.

I didn't know there was secret characters. All I know about are the weapons that aces drop but they aren't that good anyways.