* * * * - 19 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - NeuroVoider & Drive! Drive! Drive! on July 21st, Plague Road & Oceanhorn on July 28th

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#9811 Potatoeman  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

Oh great more convention exclusives...

Every con exclusive has also gone online.. I like them personally.

#9812 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

Every con exclusive has also gone online.. I like them personally.

They are obnoxious.  As if this hobby isn't stressful enough.

#9813 TerraBemani   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

TerraBemani

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

This is completely stupid. Us being in business doesn't affect you in any capacity. Glad to see you're rooting for 10 people losing their livelihood. You'll be happy to hear that we won't be going out of business any time soon.

As a person that was a small part of a family business that lasted 30+ years I know how the LRG people feel.  And yes I'm greatful for all of it.  For christ sakes here's a idea.  Can't we all just enjoy the games?  Crazy idea I know.  And that's just for the people bitching about something they can't really do anything about too.

#9814 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19874 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

We need something to lighten up the mood up in this place.

Go Thomas Edison, Go!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#9815 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10114 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

When was the last time a batch sold out in under 5 minutes? I'm genuinely curious... I can't recall the last time I had any trouble getting a release that wasn't on my end (forgetting to log in, not having PayPal ready, forgetting to set an alarm, etc.). I think Jotun lasted like 8-9 minutes during the AM batch and maybe 5-6 minutes in the PM batch but I got that one relatively easily. 

By people's posts here and on the LRG forums, it lasted just under 5 minutes in the morning batch and about 3 minutes in the afternoon.  I could be wrong obviously but those were the numbers I got.

#9816 TerraBemani   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

TerraBemani

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:32 AM

We need something to lighten up the mood up in this place.

Go Thomas Edison, Go!

#9817 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Oh great more convention exclusives...

LOL, I forgot all about those. I've been able to get each convention variant so far, but yeah, the extra purchase isn't high on my list of things to do, but I have liked the variant covers, so I'm cool with it(barely). LOL

By people's posts here and on the LRG forums, it lasted just under 5 minutes in the morning batch and about 3 minutes in the afternoon.  I could be wrong obviously but those were the numbers I got.

Yeah, I read over at NeoGAF that the afternoon was 3 minutes and under as well. So that was one of the few releases where the afternoon went faster. So for sure if one was the limit, it would have lasted longer for the pm release, but even at 5 minutes in the am, and 3 in the pm, I could have gotten a copy if I had wanted one.

So not great, but more than doable if I was ready to go at the start time. There have for sure been worse releases around here in regards to the time available.

#9818 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

Lol yall fed right into that troll didn't ya?

And you guys bitching about con exclusives need to think rationally. Nobody ever said you had to catch em all. You've convinced yourselves that this is what you need. Nobody is going to be less impressed with your collection because you're missing a few variants. And if it's that important to you, nut up and buy it. You don't get to be cheap and a completionist. Con exclusives are fun for those who attend. No company should have to cater to the handful of people who need everything.

#9819 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2089 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

If memory serves me correctly, here's the games that sold out ridiculously fast, though some may have lsted slightly longer than 5 minutes:

- Saturday Morning RPG (PS4, Vita) (Second special batch with vinyl record bundle)

- Shantae Pirates Curse (PS4)

- Shantae Risky's Revenge (PS4)

- Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (Vita)

- DariusBurst CE (PS4)

- Jotun (PS4)

- Astebreed (PS4) (Might have lasted longer than 5 but it wasn't long)

I want to say Soldner-X lasted longer because that was before too many people knew about LRG, but that one was pretty quick too. 

joshTX.png

#9820 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21845 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

If memory serves me correctly, here's the games that sold out ridiculously fast, though some may have lsted slightly longer than 5 minutes:

- Saturday Morning RPG (PS4, Vita) (Second special batch with vinyl record bundle)

- Shantae Pirates Curse (PS4)

- Shantae Risky's Revenge (PS4)

- Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (Vita)

- DariusBurst CE (PS4)

- Jotun (PS4)

- Astebreed (PS4) (Might have lasted longer than 5 but it wasn't long)

I want to say Soldner-X lasted longer because that was before too many people knew about LRG, but that one was pretty quick too. 

Wasn't the Saturday Morning RPG bundle very limited? If it was the vinyl bundle, didn't they only make like a few hundred vinyls? Not sure I'd count that. I know the 2nd batch of Soldner X-2 lasted all of 0 minutes (because that's when I tried to buy one) because of some Shopify glitch or something where people were able to add the game before it was supposed to go live.  

Surprised there isn't some records of these. 

Currently playing: 

:ps3: LoZ Breath of the Wild - :) (getting better, still early)  

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9821 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2595 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

The SMRPG vinyl bundle was only 30 copies per platform, so yeah that went in a second.

Firewatch, New 'n' Tasty (Vita), and Oxenfree all sold out ridiculously fast as well.
Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#9822 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

Lol yall fed right into that troll didn't ya?

And you guys bitching about con exclusives need to think rationally. Nobody ever said you had to catch em all. You've convinced yourselves that this is what you need. Nobody is going to be less impressed with your collection because you're missing a few variants. And if it's that important to you, nut up and buy it. You don't get to be cheap and a completionist. Con exclusives are fun for those who attend. No company should have to cater to the handful of people who need everything.

I've liked the variants up to this point, and I agree, getting them all isn't required. Also, it's a good way to get traffic to your booth, so it's for sure an understandable need. And at least LRG offers them online, and they haven't been impossible to get for those who don't attend.

A lot of convention exclusives, are hardly ever offered online, and when they are, it's next to impossible to get due to the demand, vs what's sold at the convention.

#9823 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2089 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

Wasn't the Saturday Morning RPG bundle very limited? If it was the vinyl bundle, didn't they only make like a few hundred vinyls? Not sure I'd count that. I know the 2nd batch of Soldner X-2 lasted all of 0 minutes (because that's when I tried to buy one) because of some Shopify glitch or something where people were able to add the game before it was supposed to go live.  

Surprised there isn't some records of these. 

Yeah I didn't realize there were only 30 each of the SMRPG bundles, so that doesn't really count. After missing the original "traditional" batch on that game (because I didn't know what LRG was back then), I was sitting by my computer for the vinyl batches and still missed it on Vita, but was able to snag a PS4 bundle. It was the first and only time so far that I missed something I was actively trying to get. Everything else on that list I acquired successfully by being logged into both LRG's site and Paypal at the moment it went live.  

joshTX.png

#9824 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3038 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I'm really excited for Oceanhorn, but the 3,000 copy print for PS4 and Vita with a 2 copy limit definitely scares me a bit. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for it and will be ready come the 28th.

The great thing about Oceanhorn, for me at least, is they put it up against Plague Road. I backed the physical vita on Kickstarter so I will skip the second release on the 28th. So I only have Oceanhorn on Vita to focus on getting.

Since Doomstink mentioned that patches for Fallen Legion will not be on the physical releases I think I am going to pre-order the games today so I get both for $15.99 on PSN. Today is the last day to get both but only if you pre-order them. If I really like them I may still buy the physical vita version.

997362.png

#9825 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19874 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#9826 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19874 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

I guess if you can say one good thing about "Chris", he has yet to sink to this level.

http://www.ebay.com/...bQAAOSwF1tZa8Nn

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#9827 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

Great news for the brand.

#9828 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

I guess if you can say one good thing about "Chris", he has yet to sink to this level.

Don't give him any ideas. LOL

#9829 Dashey10  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

I am willing to buy this and sell Doomstink his address.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#9830 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21845 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com...8Np/s-l1600.jpg

Oh my god... the labels are still left on on those boxes. Can anyone make out the address!? 

wL0m5Zn.gif

Seriously though, I'm on my phone and can't tell if it's actually legible or not- but it seems like a dumb idea to post addresses online. 

Currently playing: 

:ps3: LoZ Breath of the Wild - :) (getting better, still early)  

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9831 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:43 AM

http://i.ebayimg.com...8Np/s-l1600.jpg

Oh my god... the labels are still left on on those boxes. Can anyone make out the address!? 

Seriously though, I'm on my phone and can't tell if it's actually legible or not- but it seems like a dumb idea to post addresses online. 

Woodrige NY 12762 maybe?

I don't see what the big deal is if the dude is selling his shippng boxes though.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#9832 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

Need to carbon date the boxes to see if he got them early through legit purchase. This is getting deep.

#9833 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2595 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:16 AM

Meh. Y'all are welcome to sell your boxes and packing material for all I care. Doubt anyone will ever buy them, though, haha.

#9834 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Hey, if the brand is so desired then good for you guys. I hope it sells.

#9835 frolow   Official /v/ ambassador CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

With PC games we control the entire manufacturing pipeline so delays are entirely our fault when they happen. That isn't the case on PlayStation as so many factors beyond our control can cause delays. Every delay, no matter how insignificant, will cause damage to our reputation. It's all well and good that
you understand this kind of stuff can get delayed but tell that to the thousands who don't whom have been smearing us online saying we ran away with their money.

Bear in mind, we shipped Silver Case three months late and when we announced the second delay we were burned at the stake on a few communities. Skullgirls has been the most soul-crushing experience we've had as a company. It has not made any case for us to offer PlayStation preorders ever again in the future.

Play-Asia isn't doing anything differently than us that makes their games last longer. Less people want them, it's that simple. If more people wanted them, they'd sell out just as fast. It's only a matter of time before they have a super fast sell out and you'll be just as frustrated with them as you are with us.

Where are these thousands of people that are smearing LRG  for the Skullgirls delay? Most people I've seen on places like CAG, GAF, reddit etc. are understandable about the delay or just generally wondering what the status of the game is, not sheathing at the mouth of anything. I'm sure you guys have gotten some complaint emails and probably even some refund requests, but I'm not seeing any widespread blowback and LRG's name being smeared frankly anywhere.

Fair point about Playasia, I misconstructed that argument.

#9836 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1564 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

I have no issues with selling the boxes. I threw some away a few weeks ago only because I had a stack of like 8 taking up room when I only needed 3. If someone wanted them I would've gave them for free.

This guy is only making a few bucks after fees and I would rather them stay in existence than go to a landfill.

Also, there are people in this thread that flip LRG every time they're on sale so hating on someone selling boxes is insane to me.

#9837 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:43 AM

Meh. Y'all are welcome to sell your boxes and packing material for all I care. Doubt anyone will ever buy them, though, haha.

As sad as it is I think someone actually did buy several empty boxes on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/...TMAAOSwSzRZRboi

#9838 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2595 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

Where are these thousands of people that are smearing LRG for the Skullgirls delay? Most people I've seen on places like CAG, GAF, reddit etc. are understandable about the delay or just generally wondering what the status of the game is, not sheathing at the mouth of anything. I'm sure you guys have gotten some complaint emails and probably even some refund requests, but I'm not seeing any widespread blowback and LRG's name being smeared, frankly, anywhere.

Fair point about Playasia, I misconstructed that argument.

There aren't thousands who are smearing us but there are thousands who don't understand the delays (literally everything we've posted on Facebook or Instagram has been met with an "Any updates on Skullgirls?" post - even literal updates on Skullgirls will still get those comments). To date, we've answered over 2,000 support tickets related to Skullgirls at an average response time of 3 minutes per ticket. We're nearing three weeks worth of time for one customer support agent to just respond to Skullgirls concerns! That doesn't factor in the time or effort I've spent responding on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and Instagram.

The folks smearing us number in the 100s and are loud enough where they get to me. They are appearing on our limitedrungames.com forums and other Vita-focused communities. On r/Vita, people actually think we ran off with their money.

I've seen belligerent jerks on Twitter on a nearly weekly basis getting mad at us for how long it has taken. I see daily sarcastic remarks about the delays. Our detractors are using the situation as ammo to convince people we're a bad company. Additionally, I have to deal with at least two or more PayPal disputes per day which do nothing but waste my time and hurt my standing with PayPal.

That's not even touching on the fact that we planned to press 10,000 units of Skullgirls on PS4 and 5,000 on Vita via our traditional route (you can verify this claim in the Game Informer interview I did where I say we have a 10K game on the horizon). We sold significantly less through preorder and had to spend a lot on advertising to even pull that off.

Frankly, I'd rather die than do another non-PC preorder.

Skullgirls has shown that not only does it make our job significantly more difficult, it inadvertantly makes the games more rare because less people buy them.

Our partners have EVERY single right to reprint their games once we sell out. Our model works for everyone involved - if you feel a particular game was vastly underprinted, you can very easily ask the devs to seek another pressing. They have the rights - we don't lock anything up in a vault!

#9839 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2595 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

As sad as it is I think someone actually did buy several empty boxes on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/...TMAAOSwSzRZRboi

I should start a side hustle selling our boxes, apparently.

#9840 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   19874 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

I should start a side hustle selling our boxes, apparently.

Should start sending them in different colors too.

Ultra flippable!

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler