* * * - - 26 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive SE/CE [PS4], Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds SE/CE [Vita], Late Shift [PS4] on Aug.10

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#19111 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Can’t say that I agree with you because the majority of these titles (and past ones) I would rather play on my handheld Vita then PS4.

Yeah but with a real time frame deadline closing in, I think it's more important to address the vita only games first.

#19112 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

Is there any way to get Sharin no Kuni?
backerkit?

#19113 Tweeg  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Is there any way to get Sharin no Kuni?
backerkit?

BackerKit for Sharin no Kuni has already been locked down as of last November. LRG Will be selling a cover or slipcover variant of the game though as one of their releases, guessing same as how LRG handled Plague Road last year. No cover art has been revealed yet, digital release of the PC game on Steam is presently now overdue as they had re-adjusted their target launch of the game digitally to end of May, but as of June 6th said they will have the game up on Steam sometime this month, with the physical Vita port definitely releasing sometime later this year.

#19114 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

BackerKit for Sharin no Kuni has already been locked down as of last November. LRG Will be selling a cover or slipcover variant of the game though as one of their releases, guessing same as how LRG handled Plague Road last year. No cover art has been revealed yet, digital release of the PC game on Steam is presently now overdue as they had re-adjusted their target launch of the game digitally to end of May, but as of June 6th said they will have the game up on Steam sometime this month, with the physical Vita port definitely releasing sometime later this year.

Thanks for the info.

#19115 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Got the LRG Vita carrying case in the mail today (pink). Pretty solid case for $9.99. It is semi-hard and has plenty of slots/room for storage. Nicer item than I expected. Cool that I was able to order it with a game and it didn't cost any more for postage.

#19116 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1743 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:59 PM

I know I'm late to the game, been busy, but yay some good announcements in there.  New things I'm most excited for,

Phantom Breaker - I will miss Olengie constantly asking about it though.

Double Switch - Not as good as Night Trap, but I'm a sucker for the old Digital Pictures games, now I just need Slam City & Supreme Warrior lol.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Little disappointed it's Switch only, would have like to see a PS4 release as well but still won't stop me from grabbing a copy and I still don't have a Switch.

#19117 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

We need Sewer Shark

#19118 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:49 AM

Got the LRG Vita carrying case in the mail today (pink). Pretty solid case for $9.99. It is semi-hard and has plenty of slots/room for storage. Nicer item than I expected. Cool that I was able to order it with a game and it didn't cost any more for postage.

Glad to hear it.  I ordered a copy of the Vita carrying case with Oceanhorn (Switch) two days ago.

#19119 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:19 AM

I know I'm late to the game, been busy, but yay some good announcements in there.  New things I'm most excited for,

Phantom Breaker - I will miss Olengie constantly asking about it though.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - Little disappointed it's Switch only, would have like to see a PS4 release as well but still won't stop me from grabbing a copy and I still don't have a Switch.

What you're going to get from me now is asking for a release date, asking for Sekai Project to release their goddam games, and politely asking for Dust: An Elysian Tail PS4 release

#19120 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:17 AM

This may sound like a weird question, but does this case smell at all? The reason I ask is I once got a Neoprene case for a cell phone and the smell wouldn't go away. It ruined the phone and every time I touched it the smell would be on my hands. I'm hoping this case is not made of the same type of material.

#19121 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

We need Sewer Shark

Thought I read somewhere that the footage for Sewer Shark has been lost.

#19122 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

We need Sewer Shark

How about Street Sharks instead. Much more jawesome.

#19123 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3476 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

How about Street Sharks instead. Much more jawesome.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw his post, lol.

#19124 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:59 AM

Thought I read somewhere that the footage for Sewer Shark has been lost.

It was lost upon release, as that game was for sure the most grainy of the bunch. LOL

#19125 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

This may sound like a weird question, but does this case smell at all? The reason I ask is I once got a Neoprene case for a cell phone and the smell wouldn't go away. It ruined the phone and every time I touched it the smell would be on my hands. I'm hoping this case is not made of the same type of material.

It does have a slight odor when held right up to the nose. I have a pretty good sense of smell and cannot smell it unless it's under my nose. Not sure if that odor will transfer to the Vita. It certainly doesn't stay on my hand when I hold the case.

#19126 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

Anyone know what boxes they're using currently? I have a blue and gold and a tan/mint green. Did I miss any? I haven't gotten a box in forever..

#19127 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

Anyone know what boxes they're using currently? I have a blue and gold and a tan/mint green. Did I miss any? I haven't gotten a box in forever..

My Switch stands were in a pink box. It was slightly smaller than standard. 

#19128 Potatoeman  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

The past few games I've received were in a slightly larger, but more form fitting, regular brown cardboard box with Red colored Limited Run text on the top of the box.

#19129 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Hmmm, anyone know the significance of an LRG game that appears new (shrink-wrapped) but has a hole punched through the UPC code, under the shrink wrap?

Just bought a game from a market place seller on AZ and that's what I received.  This wasn't disclosed in the description.

#19130 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Hmmm, anyone know the significance of an LRG game that appears new (shrink-wrapped) but has a hole punched through the UPC code, under the shrink wrap?

Just bought a game from a market place seller on AZ and that's what I received.  This wasn't disclosed in the description.

It's a Sony promo meaning that Sony receives a certain quantity of each game that they license for replication at their authorized facilities for internal use.  These often end up in the hands of employees.  From the collector's perspective, they seem to be less valuable than unpunched copies.  

#19131 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

It's a Sony promo meaning that Sony receives a certain quantity of each game that they license for replication at their authorized facilities for internal use.  These often end up in the hands of employees.  From the collector's perspective, they seem to be less valuable than unpunched copies.  

Thanks, wondered if it might be a demo or promo of some sort.

#19132 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3331 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

It also means it should not be resold. Josh used to ask people to notify him if they found punched copies in the wild, but not sure if he cares any more

#19133 darksurtur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

You can write "Not for resale" on anything. It doesn't mean anything. Courts have continued to uphold first sale doctrine for most physical products.

#19134 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

You can write "Not for resale" on anything. It doesn't mean anything. Courts have continued to uphold first sale doctrine for most physical products.

It does if you're am employee of Sony and your employment agreement and the terms of sale in the employee store say you can't resell items you purchase there.  

#19135 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

MFer! I paid full Ebay price for a Vita New and Tasty copy that came like this,

#19136 darksurtur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

MFer! I paid full Ebay price for a Vita New and Tasty copy that came like this,

Definitely should have been disclosed. I'd return that if it's been less than 30 days.

#19137 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

It does if you're am employee of Sony and your employment agreement and the terms of sale in the employee store say you can't resell items you purchase there.  

In which case, isn't the worst thing they can do is fire you without any type of severance? I mean, I doubt it'd be worth it to pursue any type of legal action even if they could, in most cases. 

#19138 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

In which case, isn't the worst thing they can do is fire you without any type of severance? I mean, I doubt it'd be worth it to pursue any type of legal action even if they could, in most cases. 

Yes, in my experience a studio will generally terminate you if you breach the terms of an employee discount program but they can't really force you to somehow get the sold item back.  It's still a significant threat, especially if you are an employee with a few years of experience.    

#19139 ignition365  

ignition365

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Did someone say Street Sharks?

#19140 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:46 PM

From LRG's discord

Subject to change

June 22nd:

Kingdom New Lands (PS4, Switch, PC)
Musynx (PS4, Vita)

June 29th:

Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4, Vita)
Read Only Memories 2064 (Vita)
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita)