Target Cartwheel Video Game Deals July 31st through August 6th

Paulis30ish

Banned
This week brings back a few old deals, and one new deal.

40% Off All Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs (Expires August 6th)

45% Off Guitar Hero Live 1 Guitar All Platforms (Expires August 6th)

50% Off All PlayStation 3 Hardware (Expires August 6th)

50% Off Paragon PS4 (Expires August 6th)

15% Off Xbox One Covert Controller (Expires August 6th)

20% Off All Preowned Videogames and Characters (Expires August 6th)

Any idea what a new PS3 costs these days? An online search gives me a lot of used prices... That or prices that aren't much different from a ps4 or Xbox one...

Does anyone have the DPCI # on the 12gb PS3 for Target Inventory lookup?

Last edited by a moderator:
12 GB is useless. (Imo)
12 GB of storage is useless, sure. The 12 GB model isn't a bad deal for $100 though. For anyone that has a 2.5" hard drive laying around the house from a previous upgrade, all you have to do is pick up a mounting bracket (~$5 on Amazon) and you can install a larger hard drive. I did that myself during the 25% off Cartwheel deal from a few months ago. If I knew it would get to 50% I definitely would have waited, but it was still a good deal for a backup. We're getting to the point where PS3 inventory will likely start disappearing from stores, so now is the time to grab a new one if you either never got around to owning one, or you want to stash one in case your original breaks down.

Is 150 a great price on selling a used  500GB super slim PS3

I did pass through the target in Hilton head SC and see a few 500gb PS3 consoles but they were priced at $270 (before the cartwheel savings obviously). The 12gb came to $106 after tax, not bad for a backup PS3 since the PS4 in incompatible with 90% of my PS3 library (psn included).

I look at it this way, a decent bluray player/wifi streaming device is around $100. For the same money I can also play PS3/ the metric fuckton of digital content I have thanks to sales/subscribing to PS+ from its infancy? Ah, yes please, thanks. I also happen to have a 500gb hdd laying around since my son put a 2tb in his PS4. 

Well, got the last Super Slim PS3 12GB from my Target and I had an extra 160GB HDD laying around from my last PS3 so it all works out! Now to redownload all my PS3 games and play them maybe one day (probably not).

Havent seen a PS3 in a long time in store. PS3 12GB marvel or Disney was on sale at GS for $112. I picked up a 12gb model from the good old Radio Shack days for $100. used it for a month and went back to the slim model. There's nothing wrong with the super slim, but felt cheap. Like other CAG said, its a great blu ray player and easy to install a 2.5 hdd drive. Anyone know the the slim model has any fail rate issues? 

Ok. So my Target still has one 12gb ps3 and they are holding it for me, but I don't have $100 bucks to spend. I'm seriously considering selling my xbox one to get the cash. I NEVER play the thing, and I have an awesome gaming PC. With all these play anywhere games coming out, the reason for me having one is getting lower and lower. However I do feel kind of silly selling a new gen console for an old one. But on the other hand, with all these new second wave of consoles coming out, Ill eventually want one of those to play the non play anywhere games. Cant make up my mind. Someone tell me I'm crazy, or if I should just say fuck it and go for it. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Brickseek now has a DPCI lookup function.  These models are the ones I found with in stock percentages.  I tried a couple of different zip codes and was fortunate to find pricing but a lot of the bundles showed up as NA where I live.  

500gb PS3 with Destiny 207-23-1402 18% $270

500gb PS3 with Lego Batman 3 207-23-1401 23% $250

500gb PS3 207-23-0002 14% $250 

12gb PS3 with Disney Infinity 2.0 207-23-0031 3% $200

12gb PS3 207-23-1403 57% $200

Havent seen a PS3 in a long time in store. PS3 12GB marvel or Disney was on sale at GS for $112. I picked up a 12gb model from the good old Radio Shack days for $100. used it for a month and went back to the slim model. There's nothing wrong with the super slim, but felt cheap. Like other CAG said, its a great blu ray player and easy to install a 2.5 hdd drive. Anyone know the the slim model has any fail rate issues?
I've been using one primarily as a blu ray/dvd player/streaming device in my bedroom for about a year with no issues.

Sorry for the double post, but Im terrible at making decisions like this and need some guidance. Someone help me out!!!

Ok. So my Target still has one 12gb ps3 and they are holding it for me, but I don't have $100 bucks to spend. I'm seriously considering selling my xbox one to get the cash. I NEVER play the thing, and I have an awesome gaming PC. With all these play anywhere games coming out, the reason for me having one is getting lower and lower. However I do feel kind of silly selling a new gen console for an old one. But on the other hand, with all these new second wave of consoles coming out, Ill eventually want one of those to play the non play anywhere games. Cant make up my mind. Someone tell me I'm crazy, or if I should just say
shaq-fu%2196.gif
it and go for it. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

I got a $100 12GB PS3 two years at RadioShack and then I upgraded the HHD to 500GB. Then it was worth it. Now, not so much.

any chance prices are lower in store? local target has 3 of the destiny 500gb but not really interested in spending $135 for it

DPCI number for all current Target PS3's and their base prices.

12GB: 207-23-1403 [$199.99]
"Legacy Console" (250GB bundles): 207-23-0040 [$249.99]
500GB Lego Batman 3 Bundle: 207-23-1401 [$249.99]
500GB Destiny Bundle: 207-23-1402 [$269.99]

I just scored a Lego Batman 3 bundle for $118.74 after Cartwheel and 5% RED, it also qualified for TN tax free weekend somehow...

I've been holding off Guitar Hero Live for sub $20 but 50% with red card means it'll be around $27. Tempting but it'll eventually get lower, right?
My local store totally clearanced the game out last month, so who knows. It was taking up way too much shelf space.

Yea thats a crazy move i mean why get the ps3 if you using it to stream and play blus as thats the same thing the xbox1 can do_Or am i missing something?
I have a GIGANTIC backlog of ps3 games that I would really like to start playing. I havent touched my xbox going on 6 months now. I decided to do it. Like I said, I have an awesome PC rig, and currently one of the only games I'm really looking forward to on xbox is gears of 4, and that will be available on pc as well, and it will look and run alot better then it would on my xbox. Besides, with all these new versions of the consoles coming out, Im sure Ill want to get on of those eventually. Ive always been a playstation guy anyway. Ill get more use out of my PS3. Im fine with my decision.

No-Regrats-Tatoo.jpg

Don't know if it's worth adding. But I got the 500gb PS3 Batman Bundle (207-23-1401). With just the cartwheel deal and sales tax it just came out to be about $132.00. The bundle included the Lego Batman: Beyond Gotham on disc, but also contains a voucher for a full digital download of Sly Cooper HD collection. The 12gb PS3 model has no games and ultimately you would pay more than the $25 price difference to install a SATA 500gb hard drive in the 12gb model.

I wouldn't say that this buy is a steal, but is at the price that the PS3 should really be selling at against current generation consoles. For me it's a better option than the refurbished bundles at Gamestop if you want to get in on the PS3 with a few games to start.

For those of you who posted DPCI #'s, thanks bunches! It really helped me make a decision to get more bang for my buck, considering this was an impulse buy anyway.

I own around 20 Wii U games I'd like to play, my previous system broke so I sold it for parts and haven't replaced it.
Ahhh gotcha. Personally, Im still holding on to some hope that not every single detail in that leak was correct, such as the backwards compatibility. I guess we'll see...

bread's done
Back