* * * * - 9 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#7171 MaazFench   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

MaazFench

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:09 AM

The address on the label is an abandoned distribution center that is currently up for sale. The address on the game case is a house in Austin, Texas that is apparently the real registered business address of Digerati. I believe the tracking shows the games actually shipped out of a postal facility in Austin, TX.

Admittedly, I will just be excited if my copy shows up sometime (regardless of where it shipped from)...

#7172 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 17 May 2021 - 02:08 PM

Putting falsified return information sounds illegal tbh

I'm pretty sure it isn't.  Return information is not even required, and I do think some deliberately put different return addresses because they feel uncomfortable providing their actual locations.  A poor man's P.O. Box, I guess.

#7173 Jurai  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:21 PM

Another Tamashii sold for 999

#7174 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:17 PM

Another Tamashii sold for 999

I will accept no less than $100k after WATA grades it, because an arbitrary grading means at least a 10x profit.
  • 62t likes this

#7175 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:09 PM

Any chance the Ace Attorney Chronicles game will have a lower print run or be hard to find?  I know its up for pre-order now.  I won't get to playing it for some time so I am in no rush to buy it.  However if it will go OOP quick I will just buy it now so i won't have to pay more later.  Any thoughts?

#7176 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38000 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:18 PM

Any chance the Ace Attorney Chronicles game will have a lower print run or be hard to find?  I know its up for pre-order now.  I won't get to playing it for some time so I am in no rush to buy it.  However if it will go OOP quick I will just buy it now so i won't have to pay more later.  Any thoughts?

You could preorder or buy at launch from somewhere with a 30-day return period, then make a decision whether or not to keep the game on Day 28-30 based on availability at that time.

#7177 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3637 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:24 PM

Usually capcom published stuff sticks around for a while after launch.  Will it be a year... no telling... but I think it's safe to wait to see if anything happens in the first couple months.  That said, if you know you 100% want the game and will play it... then given Walmart and Target haven't put it up for preorder.. may mean that getting a discount near launch is less likely and it might be worth it to just lock in a copy now.    Tough call, if I were still buying the game I'd lock in a preorder... but I opt not to wait for games I 100% want and will play near launch.

For myself, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am really good at collecting games for series I like, but garbage at playing them all.  I've owned every (I think) NA released physical DS/3DS Ace Attorney game for ages and honestly I've only played through the first game completely and that was well over a decade ago.  So, I'm questioning my own actual interest and am likely passing completely and re-evaluating if I should just sell off the games I own in that series as I'm likely never playing them as much as I want to make myself.  But that's me.  If you are diehard into the series and want to insure you get a copy... might as well preorder and be done.  The best discount will probably be around $7 off if there even is one.

#7178 Batto47  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:30 PM

Usually capcom published stuff sticks around for a while after launch.  Will it be a year... no telling... but I think it's safe to wait to see if anything happens in the first couple months.  That said, if you know you 100% want the game and will play it... then given Walmart and Target haven't put it up for preorder.. may mean that getting a discount near launch is less likely and it might be worth it to just lock in a copy now.    Tough call, if I were still buying the game I'd lock in a preorder... but I opt not to wait for games I 100% want and will play near launch.

Just a heads up, Walmart does have it for preorder. I know that wasn't your overall point, but I thought I'd put it out there.

I'm hoping it will get the Walmart discount in stores.

#7179 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3637 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 04:39 PM

Just a heads up, Walmart does have it for preorder. I know that wasn't your overall point, but I thought I'd put it out there.

I'm hoping it will get the Walmart discount in stores.

I looked earlier and my search only turned up older games from third party sellers, DVD's of the series, and some other random AA items.  maybe it didn't show when i searched as it's listed as "Out of Stock"?  I wonder if it's Out of Stock simply because it hasn't gone live yet for preorder?

Whatever the case, that's great news for those hoping for a deal.   If I were still going after it, I'd wait for Walmart for that launch discount and be done... any sales beyond that will probably only be a few bucks at best and if you are a serious fan it's easier to just get a deal and be done than hope that it get's cheaper before selling out.  If a few days after launch walmart didn't stock it in stores... then flip back and just get it from BB or Amazon.

#7180 Madzane  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 08:40 PM

For anyone that frequents Super Rare Games; their latest Inmost has sold out (way faster than usual). There’s still 8% of steelbook editions yet.

#7181 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:03 AM

Well. I am kind of speechless. Haha95daf351fd6d680d39eee2c088cc4f09.jpgd26594463b9c642a89cf5a1f26e63d8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

#7182 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1423 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:32 AM

#7183 AnonymousLurker  

AnonymousLurker

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:27 PM

I missed the announcement (and/or wasn't paying attention), but Special Reserve Games will hold an open preorder Switch Reserve for The Talos Principle starting June 8 and running through June 29. It will cost $39.99. I have this game on two platforms already and am quite happy to go for a third (especially when it's a special edition). ;)

SRG will also be offering a Switch Reserve for Disc Room during the same period, for $39.99.

#7184 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13434 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 02:12 PM

Got this email from Hard Copy Games:

Invitation to our Secret Sale 2021 Tuesday The 25th-27th To celebrate our first digital-physical release, we are offering members of mailing list the chance to pick up the following titles at 50% discount. No purchase of Electronic Super Joy 2 is necessary.

Use the code "Electronic Super Sale"

The Aquatic Adventures Of The Last Human
Lichtspeer
The Bridge
Elliot Quest

#7185 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 24 May 2021 - 02:32 PM

For myself, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am really good at collecting games for series I like, but garbage at playing them all.  I've owned every (I think) NA released physical DS/3DS Ace Attorney game for ages and honestly I've only played through the first game completely and that was well over a decade ago.  So, I'm questioning my own actual interest and am likely passing completely and re-evaluating if I should just sell off the games I own in that series as I'm likely never playing them as much as I want to make myself.  But that's me.  If you are diehard into the series and want to insure you get a copy... might as well preorder and be done.  The best discount will probably be around $7 off if there even is one.

This.  I chalk it up to just not having the time, and well, FOMO when it comes to securing the disc to play later, but there are times I wonder if I'd better off selling off everything.

The good news is that as physical discs trickle off into niche-dom, I'll end up buying less purely because there won't be products to get.

#7186 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 02:38 PM

Still waiting on Space Invaders from SLG...anyone know any updates on what's going on?  I feel like it's been almost a year

#7187 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3506 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

Still waiting on Space Invaders from SLG...anyone know any updates on what's going on?  I feel like it's been almost a year

I'm still waiting on this one as well (and regretting paying so much for it, ugh).

I got a status update e-mail from SLG last Wednesday that mentioned the following about Space Invaders:

"Space Invaders Invincible Collection - Shipping has started for the limprint standard game, while the Collector's Editions will ship later this summer. Collector's Editions including the Board Game will ship after the Collector Editions of the game."

I still haven't gotten a shipping notification for my standard edition but here's hoping it ships soon.

#7188 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:26 PM

It states on their site that shipping has started for the Standard edition, Collectors in July, and Ultra CE in August.

#7189 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1423 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 03:44 PM

#7190 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:01 PM

Just got my acrylic case in, look out WATA, I'm coming for you!received_233768078550023.jpeg

#7191 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4373 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:15 PM

Good thing I saw this thread, thanks.

#7192 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:38 PM

I'm not sure if anyone cares about this but hopefully it will help someone.  I have been wanting to get a physical copy of FF7/FF8 Twin Pack for the switch.  However I had read the Region 3 version had a patch.  I recently confirmed the Region 2 version DOES NOT need a patch.  It appears the full games are on the cart.  If possible I like to get games with everything on the cart so I thought I'd share.

#7193 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13434 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 04:41 PM

Which version is the Region 2 version?  Think I ordered the Asia English version so hope that is it.

#7194 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:12 PM

Which version is the Region 2 version?  Think I ordered the Asia English version so hope that is it.

Region 2 is Japan, but Region 3 is Southeast Asia. So the "Hong Kong", "China", "Asia" release or whatever it is has the patch according the post above.

#7195 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:40 PM

Region 2 is Japan, but Region 3 is Southeast Asia. So the "Hong Kong", "China", "Asia" release or whatever it is has the patch according the post above.

The Region 2 I mentioned above has the PEGI rating on the front.  I thought it was from Europe.  The Region 3 "Asian/Hong Kong/China" release does need a patch from what I've read.  

#7196 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:51 PM

The Region 2 I mentioned above has the PEGI rating on the front.  I thought it was from Europe.  The Region 3 "Asian/Hong Kong/China" release does need a patch from what I've read.

Region 2 includes a lot like UK and Japan

#7197 Tothoro  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:03 PM

Region 2 includes a lot like UK and Japan

Also interestingly South Africa and Egypt.

There's a broader list on this page for anyone curious: https://en.wikipedia...egional_lockout

#7198 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4998 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:58 AM

Is there a Disco Elysium physical edition aside from that $250 iam8bit version?

I just want the game, no extras.

#7199 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13434 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:32 AM

Is there a Disco Elysium physical edition aside from that $250 iam8bit version?

I just want the game, no extras.

Same here.  I have to think iam8bit will offer up a standard edition, but who knows since I believe they have been silent about it.

#7200 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4998 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:23 PM

https://spiritfarer.iam8bit.com

It says releases July 27th and pre-orders soon. Does anyone know if that means pre-orders open July 27th? Or does it mean it will ship on July 27th and pre-orders will open at some point in early June?