* * * * - 9 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#7321 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

anyone that missed out on getting these you can still get them here PLAY EXCLUSIVES — VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA

#7322 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:18 PM

I just found this thread and had a question (apologies if it's already been asked): There are some Xbox One games that had limited print runs or were only released in Europe. Would they qualify for this thread?

#7323 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:38 PM

I would think so.

#7324 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:05 PM

I would think so.

2Dark

Yesterday Origins

Ziggurat

Aerea

Armello

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

Outcast Second Contact

Of Orcs And Men

#7325 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 04:56 PM

Bounty Battle: The Ultimate Indie Brawler

Reus

Adam's Venture Origins

Zombi

Dreamfall Chapters

Stellaris Console Edition

Ash of Gods: Redemption

Redeemer

Fear The Wolves

9 Monkeys of Shaolin

Unravel Yarney Bundle

Get Even

11:11 Memories Retold

Golden Force

Tower of Guns

#7326 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4241 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:08 PM

A lot of the Play-Asia ones are out of stock

#7327 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:51 PM

A lot of the Play-Asia ones are out of stock

I only used the Play-Asia listings as references for info about the game. Many of those games are available on eBay as well.

#7328 Equippt  

Posted 04 November 2021 - 01:14 PM

I just found this thread and had a question (apologies if it's already been asked): There are some Xbox One games that had limited print runs or were only released in Europe. Would they qualify for this thread?

If you find any more they absolutely belong here. There just aren't as many because the small boutique companies generally skip out on Xbox releases, reportedly because Microsoft's minimum order quantity is way higher than Nintendo's or Sony's. That's the only reason there's so little Xbox discussion in this thread.

#7329 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2021 - 01:49 PM

There were a bunch more games listed on Play-Asia that I skipped either because they were pre-orders or because they seemed like vaporware (not available to buy anywhere so possibly it was canceled but product page never taken down), but if I find any more, I’ll post here again.

#7330 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2021 - 04:36 PM

If you find any more they absolutely belong here. There just aren't as many because the small boutique companies generally skip out on Xbox releases, reportedly because Microsoft's minimum order quantity is way higher than Nintendo's or Sony's. That's the only reason there's so little Xbox discussion in this thread.

It seems like Pixelheart has a few more limited games coming out for Xbox One in Europe.

https://www.pixelhea...-forme=xbox-one

#7331 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:34 PM

It seems like Pixelheart has a few more limited games coming out for Xbox One in Europe.

https://www.pixelhea...-forme=xbox-one

just a heads up one of the games is coming to the US from VGNYsoft so the other two may all so get a US release

Xbox Games | VGNYsoft

#7332 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2021 - 10:07 AM

#7333 Equippt  

Posted 06 November 2021 - 06:05 PM

The Deathsmiles JP version is also available at Play-Asia...where it's cheaper, qualifies for their November free shipping deal, and is apparently identical in content (including an English language option):
https://www.play-asi...glish/13/70eexj

#7334 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 06 November 2021 - 10:05 PM

I would get the SLG version of Deathsmiles since it will have the DLC on disc, but I still have 7 unfulfilled orders with them dating back over a year. I think I'm about done with them until they can get their crap together and start shipping out some games rather than keep offering up way more games than they can ship. At this point I am starting to question if I will ever get some of the games I've paid for, or if SLG is so poorly run they will go belly up before many of their games ever get made and shipped. LRG may have its faults, but at least I have great confidence that I will at least receive my shit at some point. SLG has gone from initially being my favorite limited print games company to being one that is being run like a 3-ring circus. I'll stick with Play Asia for Deathsmiles.

#7335 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2021 - 12:20 AM

I would get the SLG version of Deathsmiles since it will have the DLC on disc, but I still have 7 unfulfilled orders with them dating back over a year. I think I'm about done with them until they can get their crap together and start shipping out some games rather than keep offering up way more games than they can ship. At this point I am starting to question if I will ever get some of the games I've paid for, or if SLG is so poorly run they will go belly up before many of their games ever get made and shipped. LRG may have its faults, but at least I have great confidence that I will at least receive my shit at some point. SLG has gone from initially being my favorite limited print games company to being one that is being run like a 3-ring circus. I'll stick with Play Asia for Deathsmiles.

I'm with you there. I mostly hate how they have fully embraced the CE full of crap offerings that LRG is throwing out every chance the get. All the while, they still haven't fully addressed their own logistics issues before covid was a thing.

I used to pick up one or two CE's from them, but now everyone offers the exact same shit: 2 sided posters and acrylic standees; instead of something actually unique and interesting.

#7336 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3883 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:07 PM

I stopped buying from them after the bite the bullet. They shipped out a broken version of the game and I’m still waiting for the replacement they promised.

#7337 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 08 November 2021 - 11:40 PM

I still get a majority of items that Special Reserve sells. Just got Talos Principle in the mail on Friday. IMO they are the gold standard

#7338 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 12:46 AM

I still get a majority of items that Special Reserve sells. Just got Talos Principle in the mail on Friday. IMO they are the gold standard

more like the golden turd standard 

#7339 deserter280  

deserter280

Posted 09 November 2021 - 01:31 AM

Disregarding that most of their stuff over the last year has been complete shovelware, $40 shovelware at that, they do package/market the games nicely.

#7340 byebye.man  

byebye.man

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:41 AM

I feel exactly the same ! I’m still waiting on my Turrican collection ! Along with 5 other orders. I wanted to order from them but realized why wait a year plus and pay almost double for a game when I can just order from Play Asia. Waiting over a year for multiple orders is inexcusable. It feels like a pyramid scheme to me.

#7341 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2021 - 02:20 PM

#7342 Cap'n_RDM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:30 AM

Agreed...and their customer service has been top notch!

Disregarding that most of their stuff over the last year has been complete shovelware, $40 shovelware at that, they do package/market the games nicely.

You take that back!  Broforce is not shovelware!

#7343 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:26 PM

#7344 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:33 PM

#7345 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13518 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:41 AM

Death's Door (PS5/Switch) is now up for preorder at Special Reserve Games website.

#7346 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13518 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:46 AM

#7347 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13518 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:46 AM

#7348 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4241 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2021 - 09:02 PM

Pix n Love randomly restocked 11:11 Memories Retold PS4. It's been sold out for a couple years.

https://www.pixnlove...dition-ps4.html

#7349 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:14 PM

Received in the mail today: 2 games from SLG, 1 game from LRG, and a fully shrinkwrapped new game from GameStop. Feel like I need to go play the lottery later on.

#7350 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10462 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2021 - 02:50 AM

Received in the mail today: 2 games from SLG, 1 game from LRG, and a fully shrinkwrapped new game from GameStop. Feel like I need to go play the lottery later on.

If you randomly get a ps5 and an Xbox series x I say go for it.