* * * * - 13 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#331 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Anyone who played batman vr give me their impressions on the game? Interested in it but not sure if I want to pay the 20 buckaroos

Great experience but very short but worth $20 but sportsbar vr looks so fun and more replay value. Batman is best to show off psvr.

#332 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hoping maybe someone may be able to provide me with some perspective:  For anyone who has ever ridden (and got motion sick from) Mission Space at Walt Disney World, how did you do with psvr?  I cannot even think about riding that ride after how sick it made me the last time I rode it.  I'm wondering if vr may have the same effect because your brain is tricked into thinking your body is moving.

Also, anyone who ordered valkyrie from amazon not get a code yet?

Yes and redeemed

#333 akileese   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

akileese

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hoping maybe someone may be able to provide me with some perspective:  For anyone who has ever ridden (and got motion sick from) Mission Space at Walt Disney World, how did you do with psvr?  I cannot even think about riding that ride after how sick it made me the last time I rode it.  I'm wondering if vr may have the same effect because your brain is tricked into thinking your body is moving.

Also, anyone who ordered valkyrie from amazon not get a code yet?

FYI they're doing a full court retail press on demo units. I would advise you to try one out and see how your body handles it. It'll be different for everyone. The first thing I did when demoing Eve Valkyrie was try to make myself motion sick and I was fine.

#334 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

I kinda of want to have a frind spin me back and forth in an office chair while playing Eve. Simulate some of the G'e and see how it feels lol.

#335 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:49 PM

FYI they're doing a full court retail press on demo units. I would advise you to try one out and see how your body handles it. It'll be different for everyone. The first thing I did when demoing Eve Valkyrie was try to make myself motion sick and I was fine.

best advice ever. If you're gonna drop 4-500 dollars it's worth the hour trip to your closes Best Buy/Gamestop to check it out and see how your body reacts. I'd even suggest making sure you try something with motion like Rigs or Eve to see the more intense end of the spectrum.

#336 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2781 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

Here's the rest of the requested stock numbers. First is Launch bundle total.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16

#337 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3565 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Tyrok

#338 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

Thanks Tyrok

First is the launch bundle?  I thought stores were getting more bundles than cores for some reason.

#339 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

does anyone know how many preorders dell had for the 

VR? seems like it only lasted for ten minutes.

It couldn't have been too many.  I was refreshing the site every second starting a few minutes before 11:00AM ET.

At 11:00, I saw the deal go live and it was already at 69% redeemed.  Then I clicked Add to Cart and it said it was sold out.  The deal was live for literally 5 seconds before it ended

#340 DREAMMOS   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

It couldn't have been too many. I was refreshing the site every second starting a few minutes before 11:00AM ET.

At 11:00, I saw the deal go live and it was already at 69% redeemed. Then I clicked Add to Cart and it said it was sold out. The deal was live for literally 5 seconds before it ended

This is correct same thing happened to me. I'm sure if I should try and get a launch bundle at BBY at their midnight opening.

#341 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2966 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

Regarding reviews:

Push Square believes its revolutionary. Hard not to think there's some fanboy-ism in the review.

Kotaku seems to be pretty low on it. I sensed some
(unfair) comparisons to Oculus and Vive.

The review I trust the most is having hands on time with it at Best Buy. Blew my freaking mind. I dunno- maybe it's geared towards casual gamers who don't know or can't afford Oculus or casual gamers that don't care they are being mostly sold tech demos but it still blew my mind so I don't care call me casual.

I think the Star Wars Battlefront Mission will seal the deal for me, practically every news outlet (gaming or otherwise) were blown away by the mission and that's saying something considering how polarizing the main Battlefront game is to some people. Yeah it's only a mission but between that, Until Dawn, RE7, Rez, and some PS Worlds stuff there's enough at launch window to warrant this for me.

The comparisons to Kinect don't bother me. I loved Kinect, just took a learning curve to "master" it. You had to be willing to accept some of it's limitations and use that to your advantage. Kinect may have been a gimmick but it was a gimmick that gave me rewarding gaming expieriences for several years. If PSVR gives me two years of great fun then it's worth it to me even if it's eventually is abandoned.

#342 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

Can anyone help me with some info please.

I have two ps vr preorders.

1 Core @Amazon paid completely off with gift cards. Says Shipping Oct 11th
1 Launch Bundle @Bestbuy. (A gift for a friend)

I have a question about the Best Buy one. I thought I might have a issue with the card I preordered with, but wasn't completely sure so I left it alone. It's gone through the Processing step and is now on the Preparing step. Does this mean it went through? Or is there still a chance it could get held up? I'm trying to avoid a shipping delay.

#343 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Hey I haven't kept up with this, but what is the deal with the Star Wars VR mission? Is it a free download, or do you need to have the Battlefront game to be able to play it?

Also is there a quick link for the full list of launch day titles?

Edit - eh, nevermind, here's the official list I guess

http://blog.us.plays...s-for-10112016/

#344 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the link.  Seems like most PSVR games are digital only.

So which launch games is everyone getting?

#345 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1846 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

I'd like to preorder some PS VR games on PSN, but it seems like you can't! Thumper I was able to buy just now, but that's not exclusively VR anyway. 

#346 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the link.  Seems like most PSVR games are digital only.

So which launch games is everyone getting?

Probably just Batman for starters. I'm getting the bundle so I'll have the PS Worlds disc. And there seem to be a bunch of other free demos and downloads etc, so I might wait for Black Friday deals before getting anything else. I can see some of these $20 games being $10.

#347 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1846 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:31 PM

If anyone managed to get an extra copy of Eve, I might trade it for a digital copy of Forza Horizon 3.

#348 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11445 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:43 PM

Wow cant believe Eve went through. Guess that frees me up for Driveclub and Rez. Not sure what else is worth getting day 1

#349 The iLL Funk Freaka   Crazy Person Banned   927 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

The iLL Funk Freaka

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

LOL, I've been on the phone with my local Best Buy store for 30+ minutes trying to find out if they are taking pre-orders.  It took them 15 minutes just to find out if they are doing a midnight release or not (which they are not).

Then I asked the woman if they are taking pre-orders and she said I would need to do it through the website.  I told her the site won't let me order one so she asked me for the SKU number.  After a few minutes, she came back saying that it won't let her pre-order one either and she doesn't know why.  Instead of finding out, she was just going to leave it at that until I asked if I could come in to pre-order one.  Now I've been on hold for another 10+ minutes.

Edit: After about 35 minutes and speaking with 3 different people, someone finally told me that they are sold out.  So I asked him if I could pre-order if I came into the store and he put me on hold for another couple of minutes, then came back and said they are backed up on pre-orders so it would be impossible.  I don't entirely believe he knew what he was talking about, but it looks like I won't be getting one.

#350 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

didnt get the EVE deal but def glad to team up with some CAGers! psn id's in my sig!

#351 dschroll  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Can anyone help me with some info please.

I have two ps vr preorders.

1 Core @Amazon paid completely off with gift cards. Says Shipping Oct 11th
1 Launch Bundle @Bestbuy. (A gift for a friend)

I have a question about the Best Buy one. I thought I might have a issue with the card I preordered with, but wasn't completely sure so I left it alone. It's gone through the Processing step and is now on the Preparing step. Does this mean it went through? Or is there still a chance it could get held up? I'm trying to avoid a shipping delay.

My Best Buy pre order is also listed as preparing. I had to change credit cards as the initial pre order was reserved with a now invalid card, but it looks like the charge went through. I keep hoping it will ship soon so that it will be received on launch day but I suspect now it may not ship until launch day. I should've stuck with my amazon pre order to guarantee launch day delivery. Oh well. Live and learn.

#352 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Getting drive club, figure there's a lot lf replay with a driving game and minot use of tracking. Batman just because it looks cool and with amazon prime discount isn't That expensive and should show off the vr alot. Grabbed Eve because it was 20$ so I had to as it's a top tier game for that cheap.

I am considering Rez but want to see the demo first. Also hypercube whatever looks good but too pricey for me.

#353 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:16 PM

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16

I haven't read through the jist of this thread, are these GS or Best Buy stock?

if BB, whats store 28?

thank you.

#354 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1846 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:42 PM

Getting drive club, figure there's a lot lf replay with a driving game and minot use of tracking. Batman just because it looks cool and with amazon prime discount isn't That expensive and should show off the vr alot. Grabbed Eve because it was 20$ so I had to as it's a top tier game for that cheap.
I am considering Rez but want to see the demo first. Also hypercube whatever looks good but too pricey for me.

Feel like Driveclub VR even more begs for a wheel than regular Driveclub. Glad I have a G29 ready to go. :D

#355 DREAMMOS   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

20 - 14/12
21 - 10/10
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
291 - 18/28
1538 - 4/4
188 - 36/50
308 - 6/20
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
532 - 12/16

Can you check the stock for store 571?
Thx!!

#356 Koneesha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Koneesha

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the store list.

Could you also check store 1066?

#357 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:59 PM

My Best Buy pre order is also listed as preparing. I had to change credit cards as the initial pre order was reserved with a now invalid card, but it looks like the charge went through. I keep hoping it will ship soon so that it will be received on launch day but I suspect now it may not ship until launch day. I should've stuck with my amazon pre order to guarantee launch day delivery. Oh well. Live and learn.

Did they contact you to let you know about your card? Or was this something you changed yourself? If they contacted you when was it?

#358 dschroll  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Did they contact you to let you know about your card? Or was this something you changed yourself? If they contacted you when was it?

I got an email over the weekend saying the credit card charge didn't go through and they gave me a limited time to change it or my order would be canceled. I changed it, everything updated, and within a few minutes my order went into the "preparing" stage. That's where it's been since Saturday. But I checked my credit card and the charge is on there.

#359 TickleZombie89   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

TickleZombie89

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

Added the lot of ya on psn just in case I needed a team on valkyrie :P see yall in space, ticklezombie89

#360 DTB420   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:37 AM

My list of games are, I wish this was a Launch title Robinson: The Journey

Battlezone 

EVE: Valkyrie  got in on the $20 deal

Here They Lie

Rigs

going to wait on some others I'll check out demo disk first