* * * * - 11 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#3661 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

If that makes you sick, but I like the swivel chair. Doesnt make me sick at all.

It doesn't bother me, but I read several accounts of people switching chairs and it cured their issue.

At said, I prefer non swivel for skyrim vr, because without it instead of properly using the rotation buttons, I keep rotating the chair... and then the camera can no longer track properly because of my orientation, and I have to open the visor, reposition myself, and then close it again, a pita.

Its more immersive to play as its intended.

#3662 TheGrimHeaper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheGrimHeaper

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

I got my $250 Skyrim bundle from NFM this morning! Can't touch it until Christmas since it's a gift for everyone in the household, how tragic...

Spoiler

Can anyone suggest a pair of headphones that'd work well with it? I don't really like earbuds and my current headset is USB connection only. I've been looking at the PlayStation Gold, which I hear gets the job done?

#3663 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

What was NFM?

Edit: nevermind, figured it out.

#3664 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3717 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

I got my $250 Skyrim bundle from NFM this morning! Can't touch it until Christmas since it's a gift for everyone in the household, how tragic...

Spoiler

Can anyone suggest a pair of headphones that'd work well with it? I don't really like earbuds and my current headset is USB connection only. I've been looking at the PlayStation Gold, which I hear gets the job done?

Mine just arrived as well though my partner is holding it hostage for the upcoming holiday. Not cool.

She bought it for $350 plus tax on Black Friday. I mentioned the NFM deal the night it popped up and she got in quick.

I have the gold headset though never truly used it. Does it fit right with the new VR?

#3665 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1683 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

I received that extension cord a few days ago and have played PSVR using it a few times with no issues.

I looked into PS4 camera extension cables a couple of weeks ago and the only two I could find was this Calibur 11 one you linked to, and an Insignia (Best Buy's brand) one, which is twice as expensive as the Caliber 11 one even though it's the same length. For some reason, these both seem to have been discontinued and are hard to find and expensive, and Sony hasn't released an official one yet, so you're only option is try get one of the Calibur 11 or Insignia ones and hope for the best!

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

#3666 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

They did announce it:

Did not know about this, Sold!

#3667 Raww   Special Agent CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

Never figured this was going to happen in the foreseeable future, but I just jumped on the VR bandwagon thanks to the $199 Gran Turismo Sport bundle at GameStop (and the end of my over-the-Summer built up credit).  I'm think the SW Battlefront VR mission will have to be the first thing I play, but any recommendations on other things to check out?

#3668 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

Never figured this was going to happen in the foreseeable future, but I just jumped on the VR bandwagon thanks to the $199 Gran Turismo Sport bundle at GameStop (and the end of my over-the-Summer built up credit).  I'm think the SW Battlefront VR mission will have to be the first thing I play, but any recommendations on other things to check out?

Exact same as me, I scoffed at the price tag when it launched. Demo'd a PSVR at Bestbuy... changed my mind.

Rush of Blood, go get it for free if you are PS+ (even if you dont have the move controllers yet, just go get it for when you do)

VR Worlds, I got it for $10 and worth every penny. 5 games all to showcase the PSVR, honestly you can say 1 is good, 3 are pretty damn good and 1 is outright awesome. (London Heist)

Demo disc 1+2, both free to d/l on PSN. Lots of great games to try out. 

Any other demo on the PSN that interests you, try everything cause you don't know what will click with you. I have Dino Frontier on my wishlist cause the demo is pretty fun, but not sure $30 fun though (to me) Probably never would have even looked at it if there wasn't a demo.

Go get the Farpoint with Aim controller bundle if you like FPS. currently my #1 game on the PSVR, Rush of Blood 2nd.

I'm sure others will point out some other games, these are just the ones I've played. I have Star Trek bridge crew and the Batman VR but have yet to play them.

#3669 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

I was at the playstation experience this past weekend and played the last guardian vr and Firewall Zero Hour. TLG is a pretty fun experience and will surely please any fan of the game. Firewall is the closest thing to Rainbow Six Siege right now and it was absolutely amazing. I used the aim controller with 30 degree angle turns. I cannot wait for the game to be released

#3670 Raww   Special Agent CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

Exact same as me, I scoffed at the price tag when it launched. Demo'd a PSVR at Bestbuy... changed my mind.

Thanks for the tips.  I've grabbed the free/demos things off of PSN so I'll start checking them out.

#3671 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66345 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the tips.  I've grabbed the free/demos things off of PSN so I'll start checking them out.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

A quick review guide of PSVR games and such I've played for a big feature I'm hoping to finish this month.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3672 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   907 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

The first thing I played when I got my PSVR was the SW Battlefront VR mission.  As a huge Star Wars fan, it was a lot of fun, though it made me feel pretty nauseous (hopefully I'll continue to get my "VR legs" so I can play it again and not feel sick). 

Since then, I've played through London Heist multiple times (awesome!), and recently completed all the challenges in Danger Ball, which I also really enjoyed a lot!

Posted Image

#3673 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Large list of games on sale (prices may be less with PS+)

100ft Robot Golf
$7.99

Accounting+
$10.19

Ancient Amuletor
$13.99

Archangel
$20.09

ATV Drift & Tricks
$19.99

Carnival Games VR
$6.99

Digital Domain's Monkey King
$4.99

Don't Knock Twice
$13.99

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles
$7.49

Driveclub VR
$8.99

DYING: Reborn PSVR
$1.99

DYING: Reborn Ultimate Bundle
$4.99

End Space
$9.99

EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone
$17.99

Farpoint
$34.99

Here They Lie
$8.99

Heroes of The Seven Seas
$4.89

Hustle Kings VR
$8.99

Manifest 99
$4.19

Mervils: A VR Adventure
$11.99

Mortal Blitz
$11.99

Moto Racer 4
$15.99

NBA 2KVR Experience
$2.99

OASIS GAMES SHOOTER VR BUNDLE
$4.99

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
$23.99

Pinball FX2 VR
$7.49

Pinball FX2 VR: Season 1 Pack
$14.99

Pinball FX2 VR: The Walking Dead
$3.59

PlayStation VR Worlds
$8.99

Raw Data
$31.99

Sneaky Bears
$11.99

Soul Dimension
$3.49

Sparc
$17.99

Sports Bar VR
$9.99

StarBlood Arena
$9.99

Starship Disco
$7.49

Statik
$13.99

Super Stardust Ultra VR
$8.99

The Solus Project
$9.99

Time Machine VR
$19.79

Trackmania Turbo
$15.99

Tumble VR
$4.49

Unearthing Mars
$7.49

Virry VR: Feel the Wild
$3.99

VR Ping Pong
$7.49

Weeping Doll
$1.99

WipEout Omega Collection
$19.99

#3674 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Going to wait for things to settle down, but I know i'm in for a few VR games at these prices with PS+

Oasis shooter is $2.49! 90% off...

#3675 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Also, The Last Guardian VR Demo is now available in North America:

https://store.playst...ASTGUARDIANVRUS

#3676 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3123 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

It seems like from the PlayStation store listing of Eve Valkyrie - Warzone and 100 Ft Robot Golf that these are both games that can be played with or without VR.  Is that correct?  Also, are there any others?

#3677 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

Wow. Those sales are crazy.

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#3678 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

It seems like from the PlayStation store listing of Eve Valkyrie - Warzone and 100 Ft Robot Golf that these are both games that can be played with or without VR.  Is that correct?  Also, are there any others?

Basically, if it says it's "PlayStation VR Compatible" as opposed to "PlayStation VR Required", it should also work in non-VR.

#3679 jmf243   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Doom Bundle at Dell $279.99.  Click through ebates and get 12% back and pay with dell finance and get 12% back in dell store credit.

http://www.dell.com/...es/apd/a9934332

#3680 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Doom Bundle at Dell $279.99.  Click through ebates and get 12% back and pay with dell finance and get 12% back in dell store credit.

http://www.dell.com/...es/apd/a9934332

it's literally RIGHT above this thread... 

https://www.cheapass...999-at-dellcom/

#3681 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Did anyone read if the vr add on for Wipeout will be free?

#3682 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Did anyone read if the vr add on for Wipeout will be free?

yes

https://blog.us.play...th-free-update/

"And this isn’t a separate slice of gameplay: you can race in every track, across every game mode, off or online, with this free PS VR update.

But not only that: we’ve created three new ships for PSVR pilots, featuring a special cockpit view for PS VR that includes head tracking, so you can check out the interiors of the new ships and see the futuristic racecourses like never before. And as you can now enjoy the game’s blistering soundscape in full 3D audio, this’ll be the most immersive WipEout experience ever.

But that’s not all: we’ve also created new ships that are exclusive for you PS VR pilots, and we’re also happy to announce that this update will also include the new remix of “Shake It” from our recent competition winner Vieille Griffe."

#3683 skrilla99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

skrilla99

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Very smart sale going on by Sony after selling all these VR units this holiday season. Picked up VR Worlds, Wipeout Collection, already got Rush of Blood free, own RE7, TR 20th Anniversay Ed, Battlefront 1 and GT Sport already so I’ll trade or sell the copy that comes w the VR I bought. The only one I want is Farpoint w AIM and possibly Robinson until The Inpatient comes out! This is shaping up nicely!!

#3684 LondonGaijin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

LondonGaijin

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

yes

https://blog.us.play...th-free-update/

"And this isn’t a separate slice of gameplay: you can race in every track, across every game mode, off or online, with this free PS VR update.

But not only that: we’ve created three new ships for PSVR pilots, featuring a special cockpit view for PS VR that includes head tracking, so you can check out the interiors of the new ships and see the futuristic racecourses like never before. And as you can now enjoy the game’s blistering soundscape in full 3D audio, this’ll be the most immersive WipEout experience ever.

But that’s not all: we’ve also created new ships that are exclusive for you PS VR pilots, and we’re also happy to announce that this update will also include the new remix of “Shake It” from our recent competition winner Vieille Griffe."

I'm also curious to see if Split-screen is now, Headset Player 1 / Full Screen for Player 2...

#3685 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Is VR Worlds worth it for 8?

1. 1 John 1:7,9

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#3686 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Is VR Worlds worth it for 8?

I think it is

#3687 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1028 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

Anyone know which other games support the Farpoint Gun?

#3688 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Doom VFR

#3689 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

Arizona Sunshine

Bravo Team

Chromagun

Dick Wilde

DOOM VFR

Firewall Zero Hour

ROM: Extraction

Special Delivery

The Brookhaven Experiment

#3690 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:29 PM

http://www.playstati...mpatible-games/

Also Doom

I think there is another... 

Ahh Bravo, Moonbathing beat me to it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR