Playstation VR

#5671 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

Any recommendations from you guys for the flash sale? In my cart I have:

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)
Hyper Void (heard there’s a be node that’s decent)

Anything I’m missing? Should I skip any of these?

#5672 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3590 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:49 AM

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)

Hyper void is a crappier version of Thumper and Archangel has been cheaper a bunch of times

#5673 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:51 AM

Thumper
Archangel
Gunjack (it’s 2 bucks)

Thumper is amazing, good choice with that one. Psychonauts is supposed to be good, though I haven’t played it. I’ll be getting it in this sale. Watch some reviews on Darknet. I bought it last time it was on sale based on reviews. Unfortunately I haven’t played it yet to comment, but the reviews were positive. Stay away from the Oaisis Ltd games (Weeping Doll, Drying Reborn). The reviews were so overwhelmingly and unanimously bad that I couldn’t even pull the trigger when they were $.99.

#5674 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:09 AM

If anybody wants Rick & Morty Virtual Rickality Collectors edition, Amazon has it down to their all time low of $24.08, which is actually less than they have the vanilla version going for right now. You can get it for under $20 through warehouse deals, but in “acceptable” condition. I opted for brand new

#5675 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3590 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:13 AM

Hows Solus Project? Reviews are vague.

#5676 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the recs, cleaver and jsivley!

#5677 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hyper void is a crappier version of Thumper and Archangel has been cheaper a bunch of times

I don't know how you can compare Hyper Void to Thumper; they're totally different types of games.  Hyper Void is a very colorful, shooting game where you fly your space ship through various shaped landscapes (they could be flat, tubular like Tempest, or even warped to the point where they wrap back in on themselves) while blasting enemies and collecting power-ups.  Thumper is a high-speed race along an extremely narrow path, slamming your beetle ship against the walls while listening to horrible, ear-bleeding music.

I completed Hyper Void. Just playing the demo of Thumper on the VR Demo Disc was enough to convince me to run far, far away.

#5678 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Thumper gets pretty different than what is on the demo.  It gets A FUCKTON harder too with all the shit you have to do.  The music is pretty odd in the game but it fits the trippy as play style of the game perfectly IMO.  I can definitely see how the music can turn people off of the game though, it's just odd.  But Thumper is basically a beat matching game, like Guitar Hero on shrooms.

#5679 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

I love Thumper. Lots of people love Thumper (it’s in the 80s on metacritic, 9/10 on ign for example). I played the demo and was blown away. I bought it very soon after playing the demo (the next time it was on sale). But if somebody hated the demo, they aren’t going to like the game.

Turns out Hyper Void was PS+ last year and I own it that way. It has a separate VR level pack that you have to download from the store. I watched a gameplay video of it on YouTube and it looks cool even though overall opinion of the game isn’t stellar (in the 60s on metacritic). No that I know I own it I’ll check it out and see for myself

#5680 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

I don't care what the reviews say, I thought DYING Reborn and Weeping Doll were good.  If you can get them on sale, I say get them.

#5681 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

This game just released on physical like a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't expect to find it on sale any time soon, especially with the praise the game is getting.

And it's definitely worth the $30 price tag regardless of it's length. Hopefully those guys get enough money to warrant a sequel.

Yeah they are already working on chapter 2. Sony just needs to embrace the crap out of Moss and make Quill their mascot for PSVR.

#5682 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

Yeah they are already working on chapter 2. Sony just needs to embrace the crap out of Moss and make Quill their mascot for PSVR.

You have more info on them starting work on chapter 2?  That's the first I had heard of it.

#5683 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   655 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

You have more info on them starting work on chapter 2?  That's the first I had heard of it.

https://uploadvr.com...ng-hard-book-2/

#5684 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Anybody play the MLB Homerun Derby game? Cant find any reviews.

#5685 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Virtual Rick-Ality is on sale at Best Buy for $20/16gcu. The collectors edition is on sale too but for $40/32. The CE is still cheaper on amazon, about $26 atm

#5686 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

Virtual Rick-Ality is on sale at Best Buy for $20/16gcu. The collectors edition is on sale too but for $40/32. The CE is still cheaper on amazon, about $26 atm

The CE dipped as low as $23.65 today. Deciding when to bite is a game in itself.

#5687 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Trying to figure out what games I own that are psvr compatible. Problem is the “library” on PS4 won’t show that it’s psvr compatible unless it’s already downloaded. I’ve been looking games up from my purchased list on the PlayStation web store and looking at descriptions for the no kids under 12 warning. But then I got to hyper void and noticed that there wasn’t the warning. In the flash sale it did not show up when sorting by psvr catagory. Someone in this thread had mentioned it earlier which is what made me realize that it’s compatible. I wonder what other games I have that I might be glancing over

#5688 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Trying to figure out what games I own that are psvr compatible. Problem is the “library” on PS4 won’t show that it’s psvr compatible unless it’s already downloaded. I’ve been looking games up from my purchased list on the PlayStation web store and looking at descriptions for the no kids under 12 warning. But then I got to hyper void and noticed that there wasn’t the warning. In the flash sale it did not show up when sorting by psvr catagory. Someone in this thread had mentioned it earlier which is what made me realize that it’s compatible. I wonder what other games I have that I might be glancing over

Not many games have received VR patches but a couple that might not show up properly classified are Volume and Bound. After that Wipeout got one but was never a PS+ game like the other two. That said, Wipeout might be the best VR game released so far unless you hate the very concept of a futuristic racer.

#5689 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

https://bethesda.net...4-40-0-8-update

Skyrim VR got a big update today with improved visuals and Move controls:

• Added a new main menu experience
  • Globally improved visual fidelity, particularly on PS4 Pro
  • Increased the maximum value for the height offset slider
  • Various bugfixes
  • Changes when using PS Move controllers:
    • In direct movement, changed the secondary X button to move the player backwards.
    • Added a new option, enabled by default, to "Show Hands When Sheathed"
    • Sheath/unsheath has been moved to hold secondary O.
    • Adjusted angle for spell targeting to be more comfortable
    • The existing swimming has been moved to a new option for “Realistic Swimming”. Swimming by default now uses Direct Movement style controls
    • Added option for HMD-relative direct movement instead of controller-relative direct movement.
    • Added a new option for “Realistic Bow Aiming” which uses both PS Move controllers to aim
    • Players can now point at map markers and get information on them in local map mode

#5690 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

https://bethesda.net...4-40-0-8-update

Skyrim VR got a big update today with improved visuals and Move controls:

Hallelujah! A button for back stepping! It was really annoying to have to teleport past enemies, turn around, and attack.

#5691 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Not many games have received VR patches but a couple that might not show up properly classified are Volume and Bound. After that Wipeout got one but was never a PS+ game like the other two. That said, Wipeout might be the best VR game released so far unless you hate the very concept of a futuristic racer.

I played wipeout for the first time this weekend. It’s pretty incredible. I lasted exactly one race before needing to puke, though. That 90 degree drop in the first race? Holy shit!

#5692 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

I played wipeout for the first time this weekend. It’s pretty incredible. I lasted exactly one race before needing to puke, though. That 90 degree drop in the first race? Holy shit!

You may want to adjust your game/view settings.  The default settings made me sick as well, but then I changed the view and I was fine.

#5693 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

There’s a lot of comfort settings to mess with though default is on the conservative side.

#5694 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:44 AM

You may want to adjust your game/view settings. The default settings made me sick as well, but then I changed the view and I was fine.

Ahhh... I defininitely need to play with that. What did you end up doing to help?

I should probably just google a beginner’s guide for this thing.

#5695 lobitoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

Hello Guys

question where i can get an AIM VR Controller?

how much retails now since the Farpoint bundle is out of stock

thanks

#5696 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

Hello Guys

question where i can get an AIM VR Controller?

how much retails now since the Farpoint bundle is out of stock

thanks

60 bucks. https://www.google.c...HdG1DSUQ8wIIswM

#5697 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67229 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Some new deals this week:

Chess Ultra - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/3

Salary Man Escape VR - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/10

Smashbox Arena - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/3

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $8.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/3

Wraith VR - $6.49 - 35% Off - Ends 7/3

Continuing from last week:

Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/3

New Release:

Pinball FX2 VR - Universal Classics Pinball - $19.99

#5698 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Salary Man Escape came out today and it was the first I had heard of it.  If anyone gets it please leave impressions.  It looks like a neat little puzzle game.

#5699 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

I'm curious about Wraith, especially with the Aim controler. Seems like it could be good, but there are no reviews.

#5700 Lonely Boy  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

Salary Man Escape came out today and it was the first I had heard of it.  If anyone gets it please leave impressions.  It looks like a neat little puzzle game.

It's by Oasis Games. That's my first impression. ;)

And yeah, Wraith might be the only thing that stands out this week. I didn't even know about the Aim support.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR