* * * * - 12 votes

Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

Playstation VR

#6271 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67760 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:13 AM

The new deals for today:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $35.99 - 40% Off - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Transpose - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 11/13

The deals still going on:

The American Dream - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13
Archangel - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13
Code51: Mecha Arena - $15.99 - 20% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/13
Eagle Flight - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13
Electronauts - $16.99 - 15% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/13
The Invisible Hours - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13
Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $$23.99 - 40% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13
MLB Home Run Derby VR - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13
Paper Dolls - $15.29 - 10% Off - Ends 11/13
Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13
Raw Data - $27.99 - 30% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $35.99 - 40% Off - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Space Rift: Episode 1 - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/13
Sprint Vector - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Transpose - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 11/13
Werewolves Within - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13

New Releases:

Deracine - $29.99

Starbear: Taxi - $4.99

Syren - $19.99

#6272 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Just a heads up people Limited Run Games is releasing a PSVR physical version of , “To the Top,” today at 10 AM eastern time. I’ve heard good things about this game.

#6273 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

Just a heads up people Limited Run Games is releasing a PSVR physical version of , “To the Top,” today at 10 AM eastern time. I’ve heard good things about this game.

yep, the game is fantastic

#6274 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:51 AM

The Target BF ad says "Save $100 on all Playstation VR bundles". Some folks are interpreting that as including the Doom and Astrobot bundles, not just the Creed/Superhot bundle.

Only some people?  Why would anyone interpret it any other way?

#6275 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:53 AM

The Target BF ad says "Save $100 on all Playstation VR bundles". Some folks are interpreting that as including the Doom and Astrobot bundles, not just the Creed/Superhot bundle. If so, that would bring the Moss bundle down to $200.

I hope this is true. Only thing that would make my BF better would be if Amazon PM'd the price on the Moss bundle.

KvD3ZYt.png

The Meijer's Black Friday Ad has the Astro Bot/Moss Bundle for $199 (no move controllers), and also the splash sticker that says $100 off all PSVR bundles. So I have a feeling it's most likely going to be a thing at a lot of places. 

https://blackfriday....friday/meijer/8

#6276 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

$200 for PSVR with Moss and Astrobot...

I mean that is the most no brainer purchase in video game history IMO if you don't have one already.

#6277 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

I have an Oculus, Leveno Windows mixed reality (long story) and the PSVR. My PSVR is by far the most used of the three. I'll echo the chorus of praise that Astrobot is getting here. I'm crossing my fingers that the local Meijer's gets Tetris Effect on Friday during the B2G1 sale this week to come home with that, Deracine and Moss. Big ask though..

#6278 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7553 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:38 AM

My closest GS has Astrobot preowned. You guys are really selling me on it. I might have to pick it up this week. 

#6279 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:48 AM

$200 for PSVR with Moss and Astrobot...

I mean that is the most no brainer purchase in video game history IMO if you don't have one already.

I think people should get in on the move bundles with Creed & Superhot instead. The move controllers are pretty essential and $50 for a pair of new ones ain’t bad. Superhot is an amazing and essential game. I’ve seen praise for Creed too. Then they could just get Moss & Astrobot separate

#6280 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2337 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

Did the doom and skyrim bundles hit $200? Or were they $250/$200 like these ones. They were the previous models right? I'm looking to pick up a PSVR bundle and Pro this month. The bundles seem to be $100 off everywhere which is nice but not seeing anything for the Pro yet.

#6281 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:03 AM

Did the doom and skyrim bundles hit $200? Or were they $250/$200 like these ones. They were the previous models right? I'm looking to pick up a PSVR bundle and Pro this month. The bundles seem to be $100 off everywhere which is nice but not seeing anything for the Pro yet.

The doom bundle has hit $200 in the past but msrp on it is still $300. Skyrim bundle is still $350 msrp as well so the new bundles are really the ones to get since they will be the same price. Astrobot + Moss > Doom and Creed + Superhot > Skyrim

Edit: both the Doom & Skyrim bundles are V2 headsets

#6282 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:12 AM

Astro Bot in stock at Best Buy right now!

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6285305

Been waiting on this to use my GCU on it.

#6283 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11668 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

Astro Bot in stock at Best Buy right now!

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6285305

Been waiting on this to use my GCU on it.

Just noticed this myself and was about to post it!  Finally!

#6284 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

I think people should get in on the move bundles with Creed & Superhot instead. The move controllers are pretty essential and $50 for a pair of new ones ain’t bad. Superhot is an amazing and essential game. I’ve seen praise for Creed too. Then they could just get Moss & Astrobot separate

Skyrim Bundle with the 2 moves controllers and camera, and obviously the game hit $250 during E3 cause that's when I grabbed it. I've used the move controllers twice, so I'd call it far from essential. They kind of seem bad. 

edit: they are better for shooting gallery games like the Until Dawn rollercoaster one, but don't expect great tracking out of them. Hopefully they'll be good enough for Beat Saber. 

#6285 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

I think it just depends what games people want.  I have the move controllers and I haven't used them as much as I thought I would.  The games that really stand out on PSVR IMO are games that don't utilize them, such as RE7, Astrobot, Moss, and others.  There are also some games that I definitely enjoy with them, but not games that I'd consider "must have".  I own Superhot (got physical copy from Europe) and I don't think it's as good as everyone makes it out to be.

#6286 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

Target clearanced out both bundles this past summer, some stores got to around 90 or 105 for them.

#6287 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Just a couple of quick VR takes before I go dark for a bit.

I finally played Job Simulator after all this time. It's fun while it lasts, but it gets old really fast. Basically the game prompts you the entire time and you carry out tasks any way you see fit. I got the platinum in less than 3 hours without even really trying. Then I played the Infinite Overtime mode for about an hour or so until it started repeating itself. I feel like this is a game I would have liked more in 2016, but after playing so many comedic VR experiences (like Accounting+, Virtual Rick-ality and The American Dream), it felt kind of bare bones.

Speaking of bare bones: Island Time VR. It feels like one level from a much better game. It's essentially plotless, you're just trying to "survive" as long as you can without starving or setting yourself on fire. By far the hardest achievement for the plat was lasting 20 minutes without dying (which is tricky because you have extremely limited resources). And that's pretty much the extent of content you get in the full game: 20 minutes. After awhile the dialogue loops and it feels extremely repetitive. This would be good to pick up for a couple of bucks; it kind of reminded me of that Gary the Gull free app.

Last but not least, I just platted Just in Time Incorporated. It's kind of like a mix between Minority Report and The Matrix; each mission lasts a minute or so and runs entirely in slow motion while you have to dispatch enemies or solve quick puzzles before time runs out. It's actually really fun while it lasts, even though the graphics are purposely simple and blocky (probably to lessen how violent the game is). The tracking can be a little spotty at times, and it's difficult to throw things, but I'd recommend it for about $5 or so.

All three games were fun, but everything feels kind of meh after ABRM.

#6288 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67760 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

https://www.bestbuy....cat=Video Games

If you want physical PSVR games, Best Buy's BF ad has some in there with Doom VFR for $15 and Skyrim VR for $30.

#6289 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

https://www.bestbuy....cat=Video Games

If you want physical PSVR games, Best Buy's BF ad has some in there with Doom VFR for $15 and Skyrim VR for $30.

GCU is disabled during Black Friday, correct?

#6290 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67760 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

GCU is disabled during Black Friday, correct?

No, but if there are repeats for Cyber Monday, it'll work there.

#6291 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

Beat Saber is coming out November 20th, so less than 2 weeks away.  I will be picking that game up.

And if anyone wants Skyrim PSVR brand new right now I'll sell mine for $25 shipped.

#6292 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67760 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:45 PM

https://blog.us.play...th-new-content/

These are some of the exclusive new content and features:
  • Challenging campaign: Improve your game style every day by completing levels in our complex campaign, exclusively created for PS VR players.
  • Exclusive new songs: Everyone loves Beat Saber’s Original Game Soundtrack. That’s why we bring you, above our well-know music hits, five new exclusive songs coming straight from excellent electronic dance music artists and talents from around the world.
  • Tons of modifiers: The game contains many modifiers to make your gameplay even more challenging and exciting every day.
  • Epic sabers: Get ready for those shiny beasts because they look just amazing. Watch them glow and slash the cubes with style!
  • Practice mode: We know practice makes perfect. In Beat Saber, you can start from any part of the level or even slow the game to practice problematic parts.

The game offers much more! From solo modes to competitive multiplayer modes, Beat Saber is fun to play alone or with a bunch of friends.

• Party mode: Entertain your friends and family and have fun together! Everyone can join and start playing in seconds! Who is going to win today?
  • One saber mode: Use only one saber for playing but be aware – there is no time for slacking. You will feel like a real life swordsman.
  • No Arrows mode: The direction of your swing depends on you. How fast can you decide and make the best cut?
  • Global leaderboards: Climb the global leaderboards and compete with other players from all around the world.

Excited? Fresh content is our priority and we want to bring you new music regularly. The first Expansion Pack with 10 songs is coming to the game very soon after the release. You can choose between different music genres and enjoy well-known artists together with emerging indie talents.

#6293 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:17 PM

I think it just depends what games people want. I have the move controllers and I haven't used them as much as I thought I would. The games that really stand out on PSVR IMO are games that don't utilize them, such as RE7, Astrobot, Moss, and others. There are also some games that I definitely enjoy with them, but not games that I'd consider "must have". I own Superhot (got physical copy from Europe) and I don't think it's as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Beat Saber is coming out November 20th, so less than 2 weeks away. I will be picking that game up.

I’m not saying there aren’t great experiences to have without the move controllers. But I would still consider them to be essential because they are required to play a pretty substantial number of games. Beat Saber included

#6294 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

I’m not saying there aren’t great experiences to have without the move controllers. But I would still consider them to be essential because they are required to play a pretty substantial number of games. Beat Saber included

I'm not disagreeing with you, but there are a lot of people I've talked to that are hesitant to spend a lot on PSVR and at just under $200, that is a pretty significant threshold that is broken.  I also know multiple people who have move controllers (and the camera) and are curious about PSVR, so something like that could push them over the edge too.

#6295 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3495 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you, but there are a lot of people I've talked to that are hesitant to spend a lot on PSVR and at just under $200, that is a pretty significant threshold that is broken.  I also know multiple people who have move controllers (and the camera) and are curious about PSVR, so something like that could push them over the edge too.

I look at the move controllers as an extra hassle that "might" have a return on the investment. Games like Superhot obviously use them in really great ways but Skyrim for example was perfectly fine with the DS4. Tracking is also an issue for me even in the best cases because I have a low tolerance for inaccuracy I don't think I've ever had a session that was an hour long or more where the move controllers didn't have an issue. Still buying Beat Saber day one though.

#6296 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67760 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

I look at the move controllers as an extra hassle that "might" have a return on the investment. Games like Superhot obviously use them in really great ways but Skyrim for example was perfectly fine with the DS4. Tracking is also an issue for me even in the best cases because I have a low tolerance for inaccuracy I don't think I've ever had a session that was an hour long or more where the move controllers didn't have an issue. Still buying Beat Saber day one though.

Weird. I'd have said that Skyrim VR without Move is kind of pointless since it's a worse version of the remaster. If you're not dual-wielding spells and weapons while picking up items freely from the cursor, it's not doing much with the VR part of the game to wow you.

#6297 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3495 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Weird. I'd have said that Skyrim VR without Move is kind of pointless since it's a worse version of the remaster. If you're not dual-wielding spells and weapons while picking up items freely from the cursor, it's not doing much with the VR part of the game to wow you.

I loved Skyrim more for virtual tourism than anything else. I had never played it and beat the campaign and a few guild quests with the intention of going back eventually. The combat model kind of just got in the way for me.

#6298 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

Yeah I mean I'm glad I have them and all things equal, if someone asked me, I'd recommend to get a bundle that includes them so you can't be left out from any experiences.  But if it cuts cost and the difference makes people willing to pick up PSVR, I say grab it without the move controllers and then decide later if you want them.

I agree about tracking with them it can be very odd sometimes, but usually when I just wiggle them it seems to fix itself.  It's happened with Super Hot and also with The London Heist on the one disc.  But in games like Job Simulator I feel the tracking on it is pretty poor.  The tracking on I Expect You to Die was pretty good though.  

Hopefully the tracking on Beat Saber is perfect though.

#6299 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:00 AM

I was going to wait until Pro day to get a used copy at GameStop, but since Astro Bot came back in stock at Best Buy, i used my 10% off birthday coupon and $10 reward to get it for $26.

#6300 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3495 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Tetris Effect is pretty great, maybe not 90 metacritic or 40 bucks great but good enough to get at 30 bucks even for casual fans. If you hate Tetris this game isn't likely to change that though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Playstation VR