* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread

#331 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

What it means is Nintendo does miracles with half of what others use to construct massive messes.

Nintendo's hardware is incredible , the technology as a whole console wise, is more impressive than anything else I've seen

Is if 4K? No... who cares? I'm fine with 1080 or 720, looks just as good, don't care about hair follicles or reflections of the sunrise over a sniper scope

I want a versatile console that pushes the limits

And with their proprietary hardware, this is what maximizing output means .. taking as little as possible to make the most efficient powerful outcome

#332 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11163 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

I'm shocked and Nvidia shield didn't blow your mind a few years ago.

Deader2818.png

#333 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16058 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

I'm shocked and Nvidia shield didn't blow your mind a few years ago.

Lol...all about the shield 2 baby

1080i is for douchebags

#334 Ferrari Racer   Reporter for CAGNetwork CAGiversary!   6279 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

We got a switch forum!!!!

Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#335 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

I said since day 1 the PS4 is a piss poor follow up to the king of consoles (ps3) and obviously I own a PS4 so I kind of like it

What it means is Nintendo does miracles with half of what others use to construct massive messes.

Nintendo's hardware is incredible , the technology as a whole console wise, is more impressive than anything else I've seen

Is if 4K? No... who cares? I'm fine with 1080 or 720, looks just as good, don't care about hair follicles or reflections of the sunrise over a sniper scope

I want a versatile console that pushes the limits

And with their proprietary hardware, this is what maximizing output means .. taking as little as possible to make the most efficient powerful outcome

Where do you buy your weed fam

#336 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Any mods want to move this to the Switch forum?

Are any of you comfortable playing the Switch in portable mode with the joycons attached?  I just can't find an ergonomic way to hold the thing and can't play for more than 30 minutes without my hand starting to cramp.  I feel like it needs something similar to this:

Plastic-Controller-Handle-font-b-Grip-b-

fs_overall.png

#337 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Where do you buy your weed fam

the heights doggz!!!! U already son!!!!

But that aside, people with better command of English seem to understand my syntax and/or more basic points without the need to scoff at other perspectives

...and yes, I standby the Sony comment more than anything, if that's the only part you understood my duke lol

#338 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Any mods want to move this to the Switch forum?

Are any of you comfortable playing the Switch in portable mode with the joycons attached? I just can't find an ergonomic way to hold the thing and can't play for more than 30 minutes without my hand starting to cramp. I feel like it needs something similar to this:

Plastic-Controller-Handle-font-b-Grip-b-

I needed to prop sometimes, so I just put the Screen into kick stand seating and used the joy con controller

This is my first (potential/partly) handheld I've had since game gear so I'm not sure how other hand held recently played but I'm sure they're better designed as this is more a "console" than a portable , obviously with full ability to be portable ...

#339 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but apparently it may happen while playing in portable mode too.

https://www.technobu...arping-bending/

Posted Image

#340 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3921 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but apparently it may happen while playing in portable mode too.

https://www.technobu...arping-bending/

Nintendo really dropped the ball on the design and materials for the Switch, can't believe there have been so many issues with the system, and it's only been out for a month.

#341 lolwut?   Thank you BasedGod CAGiversary!   4360 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

But that aside, people with better command of English seem to understand my syntax and/or more basic points without the need to scoff at other perspectives

...and yes, I standby the Sony comment more than anything, if that's the only part you understood my duke lol

rGHhi0R.png

Since PS4 offered nothing worth noting to me , especially with the best titles being multi platform, and while I enjoy Sony exclusives (drake, lbp, kz, and others) I've always been disappointed with the PS4, again because , exclusives aren't as good as PS3 and most games are multi platform on 128-256(x2)bit consoles

The Wii was always interested to me , but as a hardcore sony fan i had no desire, but after 4 years of seeing everything get released on PS3, PS4, x360 xbone and PC( save the occasional good Game) and it's all the same with minor graphic improvements...just not does do it for me, and I wish I just stayed on PS3 until the switch

Just me though , and I still play the occasional PlayStation still, just rarely....never said I was tossing it out. I agree : having 1 Sony and 1 Nintendo in the house is cool (Xbox will always be no worth mention)
Just excited about a really new and refreshing console from the "original guys" (Nintendo)

See I see the opposite:MS is under whelming where Nintendo optimized the maximum output and who knows what's to follow . They are original and with hidden power (like a twin turbo 4 cyl vs a straight 8 N/a), both got advantage

That's why I don't mind if I own a os4 too or In your case like others an Xbox

My guy, c'mon

#342 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3921 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:25 AM

rGHhi0R.png

My guy, c'mon

My favorite phrase of his was "Nintendo optimized the maximum output", wtf is that even supposed to mean? Gibberish.

#343 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16058 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

man, Mario Kart can't come soon enough. Barely playing the Switch and needing that casual fun game itch. Zelda is great and all but I just don't have the luxury of time to enjoy it and dive into the world as much as I used to.

1080i is for douchebags