* * * * * 1 votes

New VUDU disc to digital phone app, just scan barcode, but..

#31 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Disney is a bit of an anomaly as well.  You MUST redeem Disney codes through their site ...

This actually isn't true anymore. As an example, I know firsthand that their codes can be redeemed straight through Vudu now.

#32 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

Anyway to get the 50% off 10 or more? I think it's completely gone now

#33 mediviper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Anyway to get the 50% off 10 or more? I think it's completely gone now

Its been gone since about the end of March. :( 

#34 cinemology  

cinemology

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Its been gone since about the end of March. :( 

:( That's disappointing

#35 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Anyone with T-Mobile having luck using the $5 credit toward disc to digital? It worked for me last week, but this week it didn't apply my credit. Hopefully this won't be standard...

#36 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:00 AM

I keep getting "unknown error. Unable to process the request. Please try again later". Anybody have a fix for this?

#37 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Anyone with T-Mobile having luck using the $5 credit toward disc to digital? It worked for me last week, but this week it didn't apply my credit. Hopefully this won't be standard...

I had luck with the code. My bad luck was finding bar codes that were valid with their phone app.

Guess I'll be back to using the pc program soon.

#38 vivafriend5  

vivafriend5

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

I keep getting "unknown error. Unable to process the request. Please try again later". Anybody have a fix for this?

My payment method was stuck with "Walmart wallet" as the only payment option. It could not be changed and was causing this issue in my case.

I contacted a Vudu employee through the Vudu forums and they reset my payment options and got rid of "Walmart wallet." This resolved the issue for me.

#39 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

My payment option is a valid credit card. Anybody else have advice to get the app to work?

#40 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Tried 3 different iPhones, 4s, 5s and 6s and nada.  Maybe it likes Androids better?  I want to use that free first time deal too.

#41 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

I had luck with the code. My bad luck was finding bar codes that were valid with their phone app.

Guess I'll be back to using the pc program soon.

Yeah so far I've done "the departed," "stay," and "I heart Huckabee's." But so many aren't available.

I guess it doesn't matter if I use the app though, that credit is good on any device I think. Hopefully it works for me again next time

#42 clonesniper666   Final Fantasy Fanatic CAGiversary!   2663 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

clonesniper666

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Tried 3 different iPhones, 4s, 5s and 6s and nada.  Maybe it likes Androids better?  I want to use that free first time deal too.

Try turning on the use location always in Privacy, that is what i had to do on my iPhone 6 to get it to work. So far got my free movie and then did 5 Blurays from the website linked and got them for $10, so not to bad.

#43 Cryoguns  

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

If it helps, I found that my VUDU account was missing the phone number field and that's why I was getting an error every time I tried to scan a barcode.  Once I fixed that, it worked fine.

#44 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Even though I had a card on file, I had to re-enter my payment info to get it to work. Unfortunately I didn't figure it out until the T-Mobile credit had already disappeared. There is supposed to be another credit this Tuesday so hopefully it will work this time

#45 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

Man From Uncle UPC works now, so I just added that along with Alien (theatrical) and Aliens (special edition). Only downside to getting the special edition of Aliens is you have to use the special edition DVD UPC, which makes it a $5 conversion. The Blu-ray UPC just brings it up as the theatrical.

#46 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

Anyone own this on Vudu? http://www.vudu.com/...dition-Extended

Can you tell me if this is the version that has the stupid alternate ending where John Connor is a senator in the future?

#47 donssword   Gaming longer than you CAGiversary!   1695 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Try turning on the use location always in Privacy, that is what i had to do on my iPhone 6 to get it to work. So far got my free movie and then did 5 Blurays from the website linked and got them for $10, so not to bad.

iPhones work. Just make sure you have light, lots of light. VUDU does not like darkness. And you must set Allow Location Access to "Always"--no other setting will work.

#48 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10568 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

Today's T-Mobile Tuesday offer is for $5.50 Vudu credit again.  Works fine for conversions.

#49 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

Today's T-Mobile Tuesday offer is for $5.50 Vudu credit again.  Works fine for conversions.

Sweet and heres a pretty up to date list on the newest additions has a good amount of newer titles

https://docs.google....d=9&output=html

just google the title, bluray upc to get scannable upc for those who didn't know. 

#50 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10568 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

Another $5.50 T-Mobile Vudu code today.

#51 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3041 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

This coming tuesday is another vudu credit from T-mobile tuesdays

#52 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

This coming tuesday is another vudu credit from T-mobile tuesdays

My wife and kids all have TMobile. Can I get credits from all of them?

#53 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3041 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

You each get a code, but only one can be used per Vudu account. (you may be able to link multiple accounts

#54 Jommy   I wish I could come up with a cool title CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

My wife and kids all have TMobile. Can I get credits from all of them?

You each get one. To get the most out of it, make however many vudu accounts as you have codes and then link them all together using uvvu.com

I have 6 vudu accounts so that every time these credits come out I get 18 movies converted using the mobile app and just pay $0.50 per account (It's $6 to convert 3 movies, but they give you $5.50 in credit).

#55 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4401 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account?  I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc.  I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.

#56 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account? I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc. I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.

If something vanished, I probably wouldn't even notice, having so many movies and shows in my account.

I did check, and my LotR Extended editions are still owned in Vudu.

#57 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

This seems like the best place to ask: has anyone had UV movies disappear from their account?  I'm missing the entire LotR extended and theatrical editions from all my UV / VUDU / Flixter / etc.  I contacted Vudu this weekend, but haven't heard back yet.

Sorry for not seeing this sooner...  Yes, mine are still their as are the regular additions but with over 400 movies I likely wouldn't notice if one was missing.

#58 donssword   Gaming longer than you CAGiversary!   1695 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Have not had this happen. Been using VUDU for about 2+ years solid, both redeemed UV films and purchases in VUDU. I have seen that sometimes the categories get moved, like all the extras from "The Lego Movie" show up in TV rather than movies.

Also, Disney movies do not cross back to UV into other services.

I have the usual 2 issues everyone else has:

1. Movies that are supposed to be available to buy via the mobile scanning app are not. If you check VUDUs own forums, there is ALWAYS a lot of discussion around this.
  2. Disc to Digital via computer blu-ray disc drives has the same problem with the same movies.

I always login and register at Ultraviolet first, and then link to VUDU, even when Universal and WB encourage me to go their URLs first.

#59 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Whenever I lose stuff in Vudu, I've always been able to fix it by unlinking and relinking whatever source isn't showing up. Like, not too long ago my stuff I had redeemed in Flixster disappeared from Vudu, and redoing my link to my UV locker fixed it.

#60 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4401 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

So I think it's only the regular versions that are missing. I got confused with the Hobbit movies. I have all the movies in binders so I have to go through the empty cases to look for the insert.