* * * * - 22 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#4621 DoctorZ  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

I can't see any actual quantity on Target Brickseek in my area yet--says unknown. How are ya'll getting numbers for Target already?

BestBuy's the safest bet, since they announced a ticketing system. But I'd really prefer Target since I got credit I wanna get rid of.

I'm going to target at 9 am, anyone who wanted one would be in line tonight. 

#4622 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6837 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

There are a loooooooot of Target stores with high 100's and quite a few with 200+ all the way up to 300.  They're mainly in the major cities but I'm feeling pretty confident on this one.  There are even a hell of a lot of Target stores still returning 0 but that had very high inventory counts show up earlier in the week, so the 100K number that they currently have in stores is actually much lower than the actual amount.  

#4623 technstuff   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

technstuff

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Walmart tigard or. Tickets handed out at 7pm ugh

#4624 ghost1914  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

The average at my Walmarts here in so cal is about 40. Only one got a little more then 50 and some as low as the 20s.

#4625 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

No one is selling online this time? Thought for sure Best Buy or Gamestop would but some up online, guess they are tired of it knocking the website offline.

I just hope they made enough to really knock the price down on eBay. That will make them available everywhere if the resale value sucks.

#4626 Cicada17ATX  

Cicada17ATX

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

What SKU are you using, mine shows nothing for any area...

Sorry for the late reply. Cell service wasn't very good in the store. So I was talking to other gamers in line. Here's the SKU I used:
741-65-9089

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4627 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Going to target at 9am, anyone who wanted one would be in line tonight. 

Ha

Maybe they did start selling them tonight, even though they aren't 24 hour locations.

Oh well. I'm not going out earlier than 6am for one. I'd rather skip it than go out earlier than that tbh :P

#4628 Hiro0015   Banned Banned   305 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Hiro0015

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

Quick ran to my nearest Walmart at midnight, they were getting 25. They had cut the line and sent people home, but I decided to stick it out. About halfway through, they realized they were short... Apparently some dude with a kid let his buddy hop in line, so they got at least one extra unit... I didn't want to stick around for the drama, so I left. People are A holes...

Has anyone had their Walmart orders ship yet? Still in "Preparing Order" like it has been all week.Preparing order

#4629 Cicada17ATX  

Cicada17ATX

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

The Walmart I was at was listed on Brickseed as having 36 units. At about 11pm CT, I could count over 40 people in line. At 11:45, they announced there were only 36 consoles (I was 15th in line). Then they counted people in line and sent over ten people home empty handed. I'm glad I got there by 10pm because it seems there were 36 people in line before 11pm.047786ae407e473811e55b7d24e9de4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4630 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:44 AM

Has anyone had their Walmart orders ship yet? Still in "Preparing Order" like it has been all week.Preparing order

Mine says shipped and has a tracking # when I go into order history; but I didn't get any email. Even though it says shipped it says delivery date of Monday, October 9th...

#4631 Sako   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Hope i saved you the trip, i was also about to head to West Kendall since they always had good stock on hard to find shit in the past like the Switch.

Fuck it, i'll just head on to bed.

Definitely egg on my face for expecting this to be any different than the NES Classic shitshow.

Yup, friend checked out the Florida City Walmart and I went to the Cutler Bay Walmart. Both gave us the same story about how they hadn't received the shipment yet and to call in the morning to see if their trucks had already come by.

#4632 sorabora  

sorabora

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

I got lucky: my BestBuy order arrived at 8 AM this morning, Thursday 8/28.  Was able to pick it up from local post office.

I also have one at BB for local pick up (I ordered one each way since I basically don't trust them with big time pre-orders).  They really came through.  Prob just gonna cancel that one so someone else can have it  :)

Did anyone from the US order one of those Amazon UK SNES units?  I like that look!

#4633 JLowSlow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JLowSlow

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Local Walmart had 27.  They handed out tickets prior to midnight.  Once 12:01 hit and you weren't there when they called your number they resold it.  One person missed out and my dad actually bought it.  Good luck to those still searching.

#4634 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

Local Walmart had 27.  They handed out tickets prior to midnight.  Once 12:01 hit and you weren't there when they called your number they resold it.  One person missed out and my dad actually bought it.  Good luck to those still searching.

chill this shit isnt even rare

acting like you hit a gold mine paying $160 for 40 year old roms

#4635 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

There are a loooooooot of Target stores with high 100's and quite a few with 200+ all the way up to 300.  They're mainly in the major cities but I'm feeling pretty confident on this one.  There are even a hell of a lot of Target stores still returning 0 but that had very high inventory counts show up earlier in the week, so the 100K number that they currently have in stores is actually much lower than the actual amount.  

Probably missing 2-3K (48 stores) so maybe somewhere around 105,000 total in store.

#4636 Loonknight   Dirk The Daring CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Loonknight

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Leaving work tonight I saw about 6 people already waiting at 9:30pm for them at my local Best Buy. I'll wish them luck, I'm sure one of them will get my second pre-ordered one that they canceled. Will be interesting to stop by on my break to see if there are any left and how it went. 

#4637 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

After getting burned on the Walmart preorder fiasco, I was able to get one tonight at the midnight launch! They had 20 units total. I showed up at 10pm and was #4.  They let a guy get two.   The walmart rep that carted them out was spaced out as Fuck. Kept pacing in place like he couldn't stand still, was holding one each and shaking them and juggling them and callously dropping them back into the kart and picking the units back up again until midnight came.  Such blatant disregard for merchandise. I know it's Walmart, but jesus christ man.  He seriously gave me the creeps in general.

#4638 JLowSlow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JLowSlow

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:34 AM

chill this shit isnt even rare

acting like you hit a gold mine paying $160 for 40 year old roms

ok?

#4639 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Too bad I didn't know about this thread earlier. I thought there would be one in the regular video game section and that they wouldn't start selling these in stores until the morning. Probably too late to line up anywhere.

i made an official thread there, makes more sense for it to be there. its official there unlike here

#4640 SendMeChickenNuggets  

SendMeChickenNuggets

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Target is going in and out of stock via the app. Just got one a minute ago

#4641 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21382 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

Too bad I didn't know about this thread earlier. I thought there would be one in the regular video game section and that they wouldn't start selling these in stores until the morning. Probably too late to line up anywhere.

This one was there, but got moved here afterwards.

#4642 JonnyHeartthrob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

JonnyHeartthrob

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Haha, just placed one for in-store pickup. Can't wait to wake up to the cancelation email!

#4643 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10685 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Nobody's ever lined up for anything before?

Oh crap... I forgot, the Internet made people lazy and increased the size of the index finger due to repeated attempts on trying to destroy the f5 key.

#4644 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

i made an official thread there, makes more sense for it to be there. its official there unlike here

But is that thread on the round earth or flat earth?

#4645 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10164 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

got one for store pickup 30miles away.  don't know if the order will get filled though lol. 1min later on the item page it was unavailable again.

#4646 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Got one too. Only one store in the region had stock after refreshing a bunch of "out of stock" listings. I'm doubtful and hopeful (is that possible?)

#4647 chessnerd  

chessnerd

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

got one for store pickup 30miles away.  don't know if the order will get filled though lol. 1min later on the item page it was unavailable again.

most targets are getting 100+ why wouldnt it be fulfilled? not like your target will sell out, with every story getting some and these costing $80

#4648 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10164 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

Only three of the Target stores that pop up on Brickseek are showing actual quantities.  For the last hour one of them has been steadily decreasing in units every few minutes from 60units down to 42now.  The store has been closed for nearly three hours.   Some manager must be selling them to the overnight crew lmao.  No idea what else it could be.

Meanwhile at Walmart, half the stores went to zero quantity around 1am.  The other half haven't changed their quantities.  It looks like half the stores sold their stock and the other half are waiting till AM opening.   They all closed at 12 or 1am.

#4649 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10164 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

most targets are getting 100+ why wouldnt it be fulfilled? not like your target will sell out, with every story getting some and these costing $80

Someone will have to fill the .com order before they open at 8am or else it will be sold to someone else. 

#4650 LagFighter   The Wild Card CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

LagFighter

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Got one too. Only one store in the region had stock after refreshing a bunch of "out of stock" listings. I'm doubtful and hopeful (is that possible?)

Haha, just placed one for in-store pickup. Can't wait to wake up to the cancelation email!

Also got in on this, via only one local store in my area that had it available. Lots of folks (including "Target managers") on twitter saying it will get cancelled, but here's to hoping.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNES, Classic, Super Nintendo