SNES Classic Discussion Thread

No Chrono Trigger? wtf.

Severe lack of games. Hope this one is hackable to.

Also lets try to have enough units produced this time Nintendo.
That sucks about CT for sure but SF2 alone makes this worth buying. The only way to play it currently is on pc with hacked ROMs or by buying a repro cart and because of the complexity to make it I haven't seen it for less than $60 and it's usually closer to $90.

In for as many as I can get my hands on. Really wish I bought a second NES Classic but it was hard enough just to acquire the one. These are show pieces for sure but having an unreleased game means I'm absolutely opening it and playing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I would for sure prefer the EU version, or Super Famicom, as I can't stand how the SNES was changed for the states. I'm as interested in this as I was for the NES Mini, but I guess if it turns out to be hack-able down the road, it may be worth a look.

Has anyone ever watched or read "The Secret"? I can say with confidence I will get at least one!
Same I am confident I will get one. It's releasing on my 30th birthday and I already planned on taking that day off work so I will be waiting in line at Best Buy real early if I can't pre-order one. SNES is my all time favorite console and a massive part of my childhood. I still have my SNES hooked up and just picked up a copy of the excellent under-rated Bonkers the other day. I think the line up of games here is incredible and I am very excited to see we are getting two controllers out of the box this time around. I managed to score a NES Classic on launch day, but couldn't get one of the 2 extra first party controllers my store had gotten in. I do think this will be similar to the NES Classic in terms of how hard it is to get a hold of, but I believe if you really want one and are willing to wait in a line several hours before a store opens you'll get one. Interested to see if the Japanese version will have some different games too, I think I'll import one anyway just because I love the Super Famicom design.

Tryin to order one of these things, but you can't get through the checkout process without a UK phone number. You also have to register on the site with a UK phone number. hmmm I know these guys do international orders too.
just put in a made up UK number and u will see international option after. i checked out as guest

i also used paypal just in case.

Don't set your your sights too high on Starfox 2. I was a HUGE fan of the first Starfox, and actually have enjoyed most of the Starfox games that have come out, even the DS game Starfox Command that was the most like this one. Starfox 2 isn't very good, and is pretty easy (I beat it the first time I played it on Normal).

But don't let that deter you from the SNES Classic, that list of games is amazing.
Yeah I have it on my modded Wii. It's alot like Command. I didn't like command so I didn't really like SF2. It's cool for people who want a official rom release.

just put in a made up UK number and u will see international option after. i checked out as guest

Thanks Guys!! I made up a UK number as well, checked out via Paypal and came out to $111.xx which seemed high at first, but compared to $79.99+tax+stress it is WELL worth the small premium. Now about The Secret, I am still certain I will still get a USA edition :) but see, The Secret is already working!

What a weird day to announce this. But time to preorder.
I feel like the NES Classic was announced around the same time last year. I hope to see pre-orders this time around, I know Target did NES Classics, but they didn't last long and I feel like I remember a lot of those orders being canceled before launch. Best Buy and Amazon never did pre-orders to my knowledge, hoping they do this time around.

In for the pre-QQ...  :rofl:

Guess I better start praying I can get one of these for myself.  :pray:

Good call. Got an order in for a EU version for $111. Hope this works out. Address is showing up funky on the order info page with no city name.

Disappointed that theres no dkc2, DKC3, Chrono trigger, and FF4. Lineup is still good all around though.

Time to watch this thread like a hawk now for pre order updates.

Good call. Got an order in for a EU version for $111. Hope this works out. Address is showing up funky on the order info page with no city name.
When entering my address and also on the order confirmation screen, my full address was shown, city included. I took a screen shot of my confirmation so this is not just off memory.. You may want to look into that.

I wonder if they took a copy of the SF2 ROM from the internet or they managed to wrestle it away from the one person on earth who has a completed final build of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed that the eu edition looks like famicon?

696304_scr2_a.png

while ours looks like

SNES_Classic_box.0.jpg

Was able to get an order in on Game UK. It was easy for me as I already have an account with all the info saved from preordering the UK Zelda breath of the wind LE. Gave me no issues.

When entering my address and also on the order confirmation screen, my full address was shown, city included. I took a screen shot of my confirmation so this is not just off memory.. You may want to look into that.
Same here on the confirmation screen. But when you go back into your orders and check that order, it doesn't have a city shown. It should probably be fine.

I feel like the NES Classic was announced around the same time last year. I hope to see pre-orders this time around, I know Target did NES Classics, but they didn't last long and I feel like I remember a lot of those orders being canceled before launch. Best Buy and Amazon never did pre-orders to my knowledge, hoping they do this time around.
I thought it was announced in September? And TRU had pre orders too I believe

Over 4 dollars per game when I have half of them on Wii U already...pass

This should have 50-100 games, 18 is piss poor considering the amazingness available

It is a sin that Final Fantasy II (IV) isn't included.
Yea I have some weird OCD with that so when I got my NES Classic I added the (what I felt were 33 missing) games for a 'complete' set without trying to overload the menu screen (not a fan of folders).

Bubble Bobble
+Bubble Bobble Part 2
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
+Castlevania
+Castlevania III (Akumajou Dracula Translated)
Donkey Kong
+Donkey Kong Jr.
+Donkey Kong 3
Dr. Mario
+Tetris (Nintendo version)
+Tetris (Tengen version)
+Tetris 2
Final Fantasy
+Final Fantasy II (Translated)
+Final Fantasy II (Regular because translated rom is too big for the NES to load)
Galaga
+Galaxian
Gradius
+Life Force
Mega Man 2
+Mega Man
+Mega Man 3
+Mega Man 4
+Mega Man 5
+Mega Man 6
Ninja Gaiden
+Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
+Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
Pac-Man
+Ms. Pack-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
+Mike Tyson's Punchout
StarTropics
+Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics 2
Super C
+Contra
+Contra Force
Super Mario Bros. 2
+Doki Doki Panic (Translated)
Tecmo Bowl
+Tecmo Super Bowl

Japanese Exclusives
+Atlantis No Nazo
+Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai
+NES Open Tournament Golf (US Version)
+Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (US River City Ransom)
+Solomon's Key
+Fire N Ice
+Tsuppari Ozumo
+Yie Ar Kung-Fu

I imagine I'll do the same with the SNES Classic if the opportunity presents itself.

Oh shit, really? Says "Cannot ship item to US" on the page for me. :(
it does. But just try to checkout anyways. It let me.

Whenever there has been amiibo or games available to order from them, where the item page later updated and changed to "cannot be shipped to US", my orders have always gone through. This instance isn't quite the same, but I bet it will be fine. In a short while they should fix it to not allow US orders.

it does. But just try to checkout anyways. It let me.

Whenever there has been amiibo or games available to order from them, where the item page later changed to "cannot be shipped to US", my orders have always gone through.
Yup same!!!

bread's done
Back