SNES Classic Discussion Thread

it does. But just try to checkout anyways. It let me.

Whenever there has been amiibo or games available to order from them, where the item page later updated and changed to "cannot be shipped to US", my orders have always gone through. This instance isn't quite the same, but I bet it will be fine.
You are right haha! Got my order in. Will cancel though if I can get the US one. Thanks dude.

Put a pre-order in through Amazon UK for now. I can always cancel but I'll probably end up with one of each variation because I do like the Famicom look as well. 

I suggest everyone that is interested put in your Amazon UK orders ASAP as they will probably be shut off soon.  You can always cancel later.  Hopefully they don't cancel on us, but they shouldn't. 

"We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content."

Straight from Nintendo.

Target allowed pre orders for a long time for the NES Classic. So there will probably be that at least.
It was up for pre-order for about 30 minutes on Target's site. Toys 'R Us for maybe five minutes, IIRC. For all intents and purposes, the NES Classic mini was not available for pre-order.

I believe amazon doesn't charge the credit card until it ships, correct? Makes it easier to do the pre-order price guarantee.

"We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content."

Straight from Nintendo.
It seriously won't even matter if they make 10 million more units.

The average buyer will try to buy more than 1 if possible and scalpers will go 10 x fold harder due to NES classic crisis.

Add in the Starfox 2 and the popularity of the SNES, this will be extremely hard to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't set your your sights too high on Starfox 2. I was a HUGE fan of the first Starfox, and actually have enjoyed most of the Starfox games that have come out, even the DS game Starfox Command that was the most like this one. Starfox 2 isn't very good, and is pretty easy (I beat it the first time I played it on Normal).
Yeah, I loved the first game and I actually got to play Star Fox 2 at the CES that year is was supposed to come out, and I just didn't care for it either. I wish I could say I was sad it got cancelled, but that wasn't the case. I played the completed rom a few years back, and my opinions didn't change.

I agree, that Command took the best elements, and wasn't that bad actually. As the only SF games I like our the first, N64, and Command actually. It's rather cool they are including SF2, as it opens the door for other games that may have not been released down the road on VC, and it's a good incentive to those who want to try a "legit" version of the game, so it may help move units as well. So for that, I think it's a good business decision.

Now I wonder if those who actually want one will be able to get it.

Is it sad this thread is blowing up faster than the Switch pre-order one ever did?

My NESC already has all these classic games installed and I've played a majority of them again, which has been great. That said, I'd love to see what hackers do with this one as we open the door to heftier hardware so I'll be picking one up.

It seriously won't even matter if they make 10 million more units.

The average buyer will try to buy more than 1 if possible and scalpers will go 10 x fold harder due to NES classic crisis.
Yup. There are even more people that grew up on SNES. People certainly aren't going to sleep on this release after what happened last time. They could make three times as many as the NES and they'd still sell through.

Nintendo also mentioned manufacturing it just through the end of 2017. That's just a few months after release. They purposefully announced a cut-off date. No reason to chance it. Buy now, think later.

Straight from Nintendo.
Lmao. The lack of updates on the 3DS VC says otherwise.

I preordered from the Amazon EU link and it was £66.66 before shipping? I was just confused since the CAG tweet said it was £79.99. Is this what you guys paid too? I just hope I didn't order from the wrong listing somehow

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. That Switch preorder thread was just filled with "omg Nintendo this is a dumb idea. Will fail like the Wii U!"
So what you're saying is people hate the stupid new concepts Nintendo is making and praise the past consoles. ;)

I preordered from the Amazon EU link and it was £66.66 before shipping? I was just confused since the CAG tweet said it was £79.99. Is this what you guys paid too? I just hope I didn't order from the wrong listing somehow
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: £66.66
Postage & Packing: £4.95
Total Before VAT: £71.61
VAT: £0.00
Total: £71.61
Grand Total: £71.61

VAT was taken out since you don't live in the EU (EU goods tax). So we actually pay a bit less. But then get charged for conversion fees, depending on your card.

Is it sad this thread is blowing up faster than the Switch pre-order one ever did?
Guaranteed quality games for a much lower price Vs potentially Nintendo's next bomb? The Switch will likely never have a library of quality titles as large as the SNES. This should surprise no one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question, should I had went with Amazon global for the shipping? I went with the standard shipping since I'm not use to ordering on Amazon UK.

Guaranteed quality games for a much lower price Vs potentially Nintendo's next bomb? The Switch will likely never have a library of quality titles as large as the SNES. This should surprise no one.

Exactly why it's sad lol.

Was able to preorder one from UK Amazon as well. 

As far as this thing not working on american tvs, not sure there that BS is coming from, the only difference is power output, which is easily fixed with an american power adapter as far as I'm concerned. 

I think the SNES has the best library of games period. I don't really expect them or anyone else to top it sadly.

Was able to preorder one from UK Amazon as well.

As far as this thing not working on american tvs, not sure there that BS is coming from, the only difference is power output, which is easily fixed with an american power adapter as far as I'm concerned.
Misinformation, I'm assuming the other poster assume it would be the same as the older console SNES.
If the NES classic anything to go from then you won't have problems with the SNES classic.

As long as you can preorder this one for real this time I don't see why I won't get one. I don't think lightning will strike twice in the same place.

bread's done
Back