* * * * - 22 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#571 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Not that it's a great game, but kind of shocked Killer Instinct didn't show up being a first party title.

Rare owns Killer Instinct. It was never a first party game.

#572 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

I would have liked to see UN squadron or Axelay. UN was a really great launch title that kept me busy for months. That lineup is pretty sweet though.

#573 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

OK ... healthy amount of people in so far. 

Going to eat dinner and I'll check invites. After that I'll likely close it off unless I interact with you regular on CAG. 

Thanks guys -- going to send out one message now. 

#574 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2959 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

HEADS UP

I created a Discord server ... great idea but left the one I was in. There are a few trolls and that's way too many.

PM me if you want invite. Basically, goal is to keep chit chat down, and alert everyone WITH link when live.

The Discord idea is perfect, but it can be better with some tweaks.

This was guaranteed to happen. I remember lots of entertainment in the amiibo LINE group with people who were perfectly nice suddenly flip and post genitalia in the alerts group at 3am.

#575 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

This was guaranteed to happen. I remember lots of entertainment in the amiibo LINE group with people who were perfectly nice suddenly flip and post genitalia in the alerts group at 3am.

Lol. I was also remembering the LINE group as I clicked the link for Discord. But it looks like I'm stuck with it. Oh well.

#576 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

I can't put an address in.  I guess I must live in Australia.

#577 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5069 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

I can't put an address in. I guess I must live in Australia.

Yeah it's Australia only, I can't get my order to go through

#578 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:17 AM

must import a Japan snes. when are preorders live for the Japan version

#579 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5069 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Haha you suckers bought the wrong one. The Super Famicom Mini has a better game list.

Will they have an English option for the rpgs?

#580 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

So, where is the dude whose years upon years in the industry led him to swear on his mother that another Classic could never happen? That it was totally against Nintendo's business model and future interests?

#581 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

There was no Smash Bros for the SNES...

The list is nice though. DCK2 is a crucial omission....Chrono Trigger is a big one, too. X2 and X3 would have been personal additions, but they aren't huge deals.

I meant this one LOL   smash tv    I remember when this was released it got high reviews like 9.5 lol

#582 Firecrackker  

Firecrackker

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

no wonder nintendo isnt doing switch vc

they wanna release these first

dey prolly discuntinued the nes classic so ppl get their online service

dey r so smart i luv them

#583 DoctorZ  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

If it's anything to go off of before, 3am-4am for the pre-orders?

The same way the Zelda ME were up on Amazon and Switch stuff?

#584 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

(Not a preorder link)

Japanese version info:

#585 coren   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:28 AM

HEADS UP 

I created a Discord server ... great idea but left the one I was in. There are a few trolls and that's way too many. 

PM me if you want invite. Basically, goal is to keep chit chat down, and alert everyone WITH link when live. 

The Discord idea is perfect, but it can be better with some tweaks. 

You can kick people from it too - but that only works if the link isn't posted in public so they can rejoin.

#586 Pthrilla2  

Pthrilla2

That game list is one of the best compilations I have ever seen released .   From super punch out to contra,    a bevy of 9 plus rated games.  

Star fox was one of the most amazing releases for its time.  if they threw Chrono trigger ,super smash tv  on there the world would have stopped.     

Worth every penny and even more.   

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™

I like this list but it is missing some sports games. I was looking forward to Super Tecmo Bowl or NBA Jam.

#587 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

If it's anything to go off of before, 3am-4am for the pre-orders?

The same way the Zelda ME were up on Amazon and Switch stuff?

The NES Classics for Amazon were during the day. They announced the time they would go on sale beforehand.

#588 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:29 AM

As long as those twatwaffles are still around, it'll happen again. Don't bother with discord if you have an Android phone:

https://play.google.....webalert&hl=en

Install this app, add the direct page to the mini and select the Coming Soon button element for monitoring. Set it to check every minute (unless you have your hands tied by low data cap) and set the notifications as you choose. 

#589 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Well, this is a slap in the face to VC.  I wonder if this means we won't see VC at all this holiday season.

I wonder if Nintendo will make changes to the memory on these things to remove the ability to hack it with mods.  The reason it worked on the NES classics was because there was more memory in them to load the ROMS.

The easiest way for Nintendo to make it harder to soft-mod the SNES would be to put next to no external memory in it beyond what it needs to store the 21 games and any save states.  While I'm sure hackers might find a way, doing this would make it very difficult for laypeople to do it.

#590 Amiracle94  

Amiracle94

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

As long as those twatwaffles are still around, it'll happen again. Don't bother with discord if you have an Android phone:

Install this app, add the direct page to the mini and select the Coming Soon button element for monitoring. Set it to check every minute (unless you have your hands tied by low data cap) and set the notifications as you choose. 

Thanks for the heads-up! Have you had success with this?

#591 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Well, this is a slap in the face to VC. I wonder if this means we won't see VC at all this holiday season.

I wonder if Nintendo will make changes to the memory on these things to remove the ability to hack it with mods. The reason it worked on the NES classics was because there was more memory in them to load the ROMS.

The easiest way for Nintendo to make it harder to soft-mod the SNES would be to put next to no external memory in it beyond what it needs to store the 21 games and any save states. While I'm sure hackers might find a way, doing this would make it very difficult for laypeople to do it.

They don't care if everyone gets hacked only going to produce a tiny quantity lol

#592 Gainer   Cheapening it up. CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

I have a lowly iphone.  Anybody have recommendations for it?

Edit:  Also excellent use of the pronoun "twatwaffles"

#593 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

Are those Japan-only Super Famicom games in English also ?

#594 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

Thanks for the heads-up! Have you had success with this?

Yes, I most recently used it to get a Fire Emblem Echoes LE from Amazon as well as used it a good amount during the original amiibo hype. Just be sure to set the monitored element to something that will change when it comes in stock. The app doesn't actually know if the item is in stock or not, it just tells you if a page has changed. However, that's good enough for our purposes.

#595 Raw_Orangejuice  

Raw_Orangejuice

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:53 AM

Yes, I most recently used it to get a Fire Emblem Echoes LE from Amazon as well as used it a good amount during the original amiibo hype. Just be sure to set the monitored element to something that will change when it comes in stock. The app doesn't actually know if the item is in stock or not, it just tells you if a page has changed. However, that's good enough for our purposes.

I can't figure out how to select anything to be recorded

#596 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

I can't be figure out how to select anything to he recorded

Load the page address you want

Click the green arrow and wait for it to finish loading

Click the check mark when it is loaded

Click the section you want checked and click the check mark again

Done

#597 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

I want to sleep but I have a funny feeling it will be up tonight.

#598 cag1000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4505 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

I can't figure out how to select anything to be recorded

That app is for Android anyone know a good one for IPhone?

#599 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1232 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

Anyone here from the US buy the EU version of the NES classic?  I'm wondering if it'll play fine on American TV sets, because I'd rather get their version of the SNES Classic.

#600 Cheapchuck   CAG Elite CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Cheapchuck

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

Anyone here from the US buy the EU version of the NES classic?  I'm wondering if it'll play fine on American TV sets, because I'd rather get their version of the SNES Classic.

We all imported UK TV sets as well today.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNES, Classic, Super Nintendo