CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
LKUfuTd.png

v7oxCcV.png

snesclassic-1024x754.jpg

ncm_snes_packshot.jpg

classic-mini-super-famicom.jpg

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition has the same look and feel of the original system – only smaller – and comes pre-loaded with 21 incredible games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™

Any pre-order links will be below in the wiki post

http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Last edited by a moderator:
The games list is phenomenal (though still too short for 20+ year old ROMs) and the nostalgia is much more effective with me than the NES (even as an 80's kid) but I still kinda hope this tanks because of how dumb this whole trend is.

The games list is phenomenal (though still too short for 20+ year old ROMs) and the nostalgia is much more effective with me than the NES (even as an 80's kid) but I still kinda hope this tanks because of how dumb this whole trend is.
I know what you mean but I spend money on all sorts of dumb shit and these things are the cost of a single game. I bet you that the SNES mini will cost closer to $100 this time around though. A second controller would almost confirm that theory.

I'm thinking this launch is going to be more hectic than the Switch launch... scalpers are going to have a field day

OH man. I can't wait for this.  The game list is great.  I have (nearly) all of those on the original cart, but i'm still buying this day 1 (as long as I can get a preorder in)

Hmmm I already have 10 of the 21 games on my NES Classic. Still want it though, wonder if Nintendo will make it unhackable.

I know what you mean but I spend money on all sorts of dumb shit and these things are the cost of a single game. I bet you that the SNES mini will cost closer to $100 this time around though. A second controller would almost confirm that theory.
2 controllers and it's $80

holy shit they got Final Fantasy III, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, and Earthbound. That's like the Pantheon of 16bit RPGs.

I am going to preorder one these the first chance I get to. Love my NES classic but the SNES was more my generation and that line up is amazing.

Will be getting this. Still really salty I could never get a NES classic tho :(

Hopefully we can actually preorder this time around
lol, fill the thermos and get out the folding chair, lottery tickets are getting handed out at 7.

I don't think I'll be able to resist if Star Fox has decent performance and Star Fox 2 is even more refined than the beta rom. My other big conflict is that the Eu/Jp version of the Snes looked a million times better than the horrible NA version but that's the one I played 24 hours straight when I get it for Christmas.

Any chance a pre-order goes live today? lol I'm scared to go to lunch.

haha I love these comments. People pay $60 for a single new release game, CAGs pay $48. The perception of pirates is priceless.
Sorry, chief, but I'm not drooling over whatever Nintendo throws out at whatever price point they want to charge like a little lap dog.

So about them NES classics.... One of you HAS to have 1 at a reasonable price right?.... Right?

I ultimately settled for a European version nes(that I haven't touched since january), so I predict I will end up getting the same for the snes

The only glaring omission is Chrono.
They should have also put in Super Street Fighter 2 instead of Turbo. Turtles in Time or even Final Fight would have been a great co-op brawler. They didn't put any in the set which is a big omission when shipping with 2 controllers.

bread's done
Back