* * * * * 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/5: IF Sale! $20 Skyrim SE, $30 Fallout 4 GOTY, $10 Perception, $19 SO4, & Seven New PS+ Games!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#1471 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36175 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

I asked this before, but it got buried amidst other weekly-sale discussion: Will a save file for the physical version of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita) work with the digital version?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#1472 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

So I bought the King of Fighters XIV DLC fighters set on sale for $7.99.  They show up gray in my game and are not select-able.  I can't download them either (grayed out on my Download option, unlike the free costumes I had grabbed before, which show white and select-able).  I deleted the whole game and re-downloaded everything - still didn't work.  

I forgot to restore licences.  If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do to get those characters or get my money back.

8pMY1T8.jpg?2990877.png

#1473 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3162 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

So I bought the King of Fighters XIV DLC fighters set on sale for $7.99. They show up gray in my game and are not select-able. I can't download them either (grayed out on my Download option, unlike the free costumes I had grabbed before, which show white and select-able). I deleted the whole game and re-downloaded everything - still didn't work.
I forgot to restore licences. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do to get those characters or get my money back.

I actually just had the same problem with Xrd DLC colors I just bought. You'll probably be fine to just restore the licenses, but if that doesn't work, you can do what I did (which was before I even knew about the Restore Licenses option). Delete the game, start the PS4 in Safe Mode (hold the power button when turning on until the second beep), then choose the fifth option which is Rebuild Database. THEN Restore Licenses, and you should be good.

#1474 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1906 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

Thanks. Restoring the licenses worked.

8pMY1T8.jpg?2990877.png

#1475 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

Raiders of the Broken Planet beta code:

NJDA-7FN8-HF22
I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#1476 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

I asked this before, but it got buried amidst other weekly-sale discussion: Will a save file for the physical version of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Vita) work with the digital version?

Should be. There is cross save.

#1477 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1321 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

Yes but you have to manually upload the save using the in-game cross save option. Hopefully you still have the disc

My Trade List featuring xbox credit & 12 mo gold sub.

#1478 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36175 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Yes but you have to manually upload the save using the in-game cross save option. Hopefully you still have the disc

It's the Vita version, but yes, I do still have it. Thanks.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Tekken 7 :ps3: Bioshock; TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Danganronpa V3

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (4.25/5 :3ds: Ys: Memories of Celceta (4.25/5)

#1479 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65890 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Spoiler

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#1480 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3837 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

https://twitter.com/...030727089569792

Spoiler

While the game is a lot better now and is not as much of a disaster as it was painted, this is sad to hear as it reads to me like EA is throwing in the white flag and cutting their losses until the next entry which will likely be 5-10 years away

#1481 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

While the game is a lot better now and is not as much of a disaster as it was painted, this is sad to hear as it reads to me like EA is throwing in the white flag and cutting their losses until the next entry which will likely be 5-10 years away

You're giving ME:A way too much credit. It by-and-large was as bad as it was made out to be. I loved the original trilogy, but I'm no apologist. Andromeda deserved all the criticism that it received.

#1482 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65890 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Pre-loads for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be available at 9 PM PT/12 AM ET tonight, per the email I received about it from Sony. The odd thing is that was the first non-receipt email I've received for my main account in years, so maybe something has changed or these pre-load emails are a new thing.

If you bought the Triple Pack or special editions of Uncharted 4 that include it, you're entitled to the upcoming standalone expansion that can also be pre-ordered for free to get the Jak & Daxter bonus that supposedly isn't supposed to be available to us:

It seems like it may be the case that if you got the Uncharted 4 Triple Pack/Season Pass/Digital Deluxe/Explorer's Pack and are getting Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a result, you may also be able to pre-order the game for free and get the pre-order bonuses (dynamic theme and Jak & Daxter) with it.

The FAQ they have up on the Uncharted site directs you to pre-order it from the PS Store on the console (webstore probably also works), which effectively works like a normal pre-order:

Will I be able to pre-load Uncharted: The Lost Legacy if I own it as part of the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition, Triple Pack, or Explorer’s Pack?

1.      For consumers who have purchased the Triple Pack, Explorer’s Pack, or Digital Deluxe Edition: to qualify for pre-loading Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, you must enter the PlayStation Store and search for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.
2.      The Uncharted: The Lost Legacy product page will appear and you must select the “Free” option and proceed with the instructions on screen to finalize your pre-load status.
3.      Follow the steps below explaining how to set up the PS4 system for pre-load.

Automatically downloading pre-ordered content

• To automatically download pre-ordered content: Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads] and make sure the option to automatically download is enabled.
  • Content will pre-load onto the PS4 up to several days in advance of the release date. The content will not be playable until the official launch date.
To see how much time is left until pre-ordered content is available
  • Choose the [PlayStation Store] and press the X button.
  • Search for the name of the game you pre-ordered. Once the name of the game appears, highlight it and press the X button.
  • The product page will display a countdown timer that shows how much time is left until the release date.

You should get an email receipt during this processthanking you for pre-order along with being able to download the pre-order theme now and seeing the countdown until it's out. There are other parts of the FAQs that specifically mentions that it shouldn't work this way, but that's how it seems to have panned out. Congrats on paying $25 (or whatever prices the other versions cost) to get the $40 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Jak and Daxter for a good long con.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#1483 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

How long is Lost Legacy expected to be to beat the main story?

Let's be friends!

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous
PSN ID: ijustw1n

#1484 ritchardf  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

How long is Lost Legacy expected to be to beat the main story?

the reviewer on polygon said it took him 7 and a half hours, but that was with some optional content, not getting all the treasures.

#1485 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2257 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

You're giving ME:A way too much credit. It by-and-large was as bad as it was made out to be. I loved the original trilogy, but I'm no apologist. Andromeda deserved all the criticism that it received.

I strongly disagree.

#1486 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   1933 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

PSA for those you got the Uncharted season pass or triple pack, you need to actually go to the SEN store and "preorder" lost legacy for free, nice bonus is you don't need to use uc4 disc it seems to trigger the DL or to play lost legacy as far as I can see.

You can preload the game now.

https://store.playst...NCHD4LOSTLEGACY

Posted Image

#1487 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

So uh... something wierd happened this morning. Check my email and theres a playstation email to change my password... i didn't ask for that... further down I also had an email thanking me for my purchase of fifa17 standard... which I didn't buy...

Did I get hacked? I changed my password promptly but am out of town so can't really call about this at the moment. Why would I get an email to change my password?

Edit: I am reading online about them deactivating your ps4 and making another one primary... however my ps4 is already secondary and the primary is on my brother's. Will that keep them from deactivating mine?

#1488 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

So uh... something wierd happened this morning. Check my email and theres a playstation email to change my password... i didn't ask for that... further down I also had an email thanking me for my purchase of fifa17 standard... which I didn't buy...

Did I get hacked? I changed my password promptly but am out of town so can't really call about this at the moment. Why would I get an email to change my password?

Edit: I am reading online about them deactivating your ps4 and making another one primary... however my ps4 is already secondary and the primary is on my brother's. Will that keep them from deactivating mine?

Almost certainly.  FIFA is the focus of many hacks, and the coins used within it.  If you have a card on file stop it immediately.  Get in touch with Sony via phone, they will have to reverse any purchases, if you do it at your bank they will ban your account.

Also, set up two step authentication if you have not already.

#1489 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Almost certainly. FIFA is the focus of many hacks, and the coins used within it. If you have a card on file stop it immediately. Get in touch with Sony via phone, they will have to reverse any purchases, if you do it at your bank they will ban your account.

Also, set up two step authentication if you have not already.

No bank info. I just use pre paid cards for just such a situation. Thanks.

#1490 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2438 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

Doesnt this happen damn near every year, specifically with Fifa? How does this keep happening?

IwillKILLurGOD.png

#1491 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3983 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

Doesnt this happen damn near every year, specifically with Fifa? How does this keep happening?

I agree, that game is a huge problem with hacking. It should be banned!

#1492 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

If I bought Uncharted Lost Legacy physical from amazon, will i get jak and daxter too?

FIFA is a strong target for fraud because it has it's own economy -- you can not only earn or buy FIFA coins in game, but more importantly, you can give them to other people.   This creates a black market for these coins.

There are many ways to exploit this, but here is one simple one:

1) Hijack Frisky's account

2) Use stolen credit cards to buy FIFA coins  [note: these are not Frisky's cards]

3) Sell coins on black market

You have now converted stolen credit cards to real cash.

[obviously, if there is money on the account, etc, they'll use that too... but the point is, even if there isn't, the scam has value for fraudsters]

Versions of this scam exist all over the place.  For example, they can put something on any digital storefront [say, Steam, or Itunes] and then 'buy' the semi-fake product with stolen cards.  Digital goods are especially rife with fraud because there is little oversight, regulation, or repercussions - it's generally coming from a handful of non-Western countries and it's very difficult for authorities to do anything real to stop it.    Fraudsters seek as many methods as they can, because some will get shut down, but there is no end to stolen credit cards.  

In Fifa's case, nothing is really being 'hacked'.   The account gets hijacked through some method - weak, reused passwords, spyware, etc.   It's not Sony servers getting 'hacked', it's the user's own security [passwords, etc] being defeated by one of the various methods they use.   Once they hijack the account, it's all about finding methods to convert access to accounts + stolen cards to cash, and with consoles, one of the most popular ways is FIFA due to the coin economy.

#1493 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65890 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

If I bought Uncharted Lost Legacy physical from amazon, will i get jak and daxter too?

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B06ZYW7ZHB/

Pre-order Bonus:

Pre-order Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and receive a digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy™ for the PS4™ system on August 22, 2017.

#1494 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3219 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

I was going to wait for a sale on Lost Legacy since I'm not fond of their choice of protagonists but now I'm considering pre-ordering from Best Buy. Hadn't been paying much attention so I didn't realize Jak and Daxter is free with pre-orders until today. 

Killbomb.png

#1495 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6363 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Do we even know the individual price of the Jak and Daxter games? I haven’t even finished UC4 so kind of on the fence.

#1496 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

I'm so torn on FFX-X2 for vita.   On one hand, I want it.   On the other, I've got plenty of FF games I need to play on vita already.   But FF games tend to go on sale every year!   But prices rarely go down!   Decisions, decisions.

#1497 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65890 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Do we even know the individual price of the Jak and Daxter games? I haven’t even finished UC4 so kind of on the fence.

Only the first game is coming to PS4 at the moment.

#1498 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6363 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

Only the first game is coming to PS4 at the moment.

Yeah, but how much will it be if you don’t get Lost Legacy? Assuming somewhere between $5.99 and $9.99 like the other PS2 classics?

#1499 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65890 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, but how much will it be if you don’t get Lost Legacy? Assuming somewhere between $5.99 and $9.99 like the other PS2 classics?

Between $9.99 and $14.99 like most of them, I'd assume. I'd guess $14.99, but you'll have to wait until Tuesday.

#1500 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm so torn on FFX-X2 for vita.   On one hand, I want it.   On the other, I've got plenty of FF games I need to play on vita already.   But FF games tend to go on sale every year!   But prices rarely go down!   Decisions, decisions.

If you already played them when they first came out, don't buy them again now.  They will forever be in your backlog.