* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#3391 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

As someone who platinumed TLoU, my opinion is that it's one of the best games ever made and only stumbles during the Pittsburgh area that goes on a bit too long. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect. 

My main complaint is that the ending doesn't fit with the rest of the game.  90% of the game is great though

#3392 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2558 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

Played the first part of Hidden Agenda and it's pretty good so far. I'm just playing solo since that's how I played Until Dawn, which requires the free HA Playlink app on your phone to play it. The app lets you control the on-screen cursor to choose dialog options or find hidden evidence from crime scenes with it along with tracking story info for each of the characters or story beats if you need to see that. There are no direct control elements like in Until Dawn, so it's mainly just story and dialog choices in HA with only one action moment so far that could be this game's version of a QTE. If you're playing with friends, there's a competitive mode that adds some competitive elements to the game that lets you take control on certain decisions or have hidden ulterior motives for how you want things to play out for some added replay value that seems like a neat party game mode.

Interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish it with playing it solo.

#3393 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

If anyone is even thinking about Swords Coast Legends because it looks like Dragon Age: Origins (the first one): STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE GAME. 

I tried it. Awful. 

#3394 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

If anyone is even thinking about Swords Coast Legends because it looks like Dragon Age: Origins (the first one): STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE GAME.

I tried it. Awful.

I thought it was more like a Diablo 3 type game.

#3395 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

My main complaint is that the ending doesn't fit with the rest of the game.  90% of the game is great though

i think it fits perfectly

#3396 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

I thought it was more like a Diablo 3 type game.

No. It was pitched pre release as the spiritual successor of DA:O. The team that made Sword Coast Legends did work on DA:O when it first came out. 

That same company went bankrupt after releasing Sword Coast Legends. It showed a lot of promise, but execution was very poor. Would do anything for another DA:O. That game was incredible. 

#3397 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7944 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

I have only made it to maybe the halfway point during my two attempts at playing TLOU before losing interest but the prologue was far, far more interesting than anything else I did play. This is one of those games I just don't really "get" despite nearly everyone else loving it.

I played it at launch on PS3.  I got through it but didn't love it.  Couldn't wait for it to end actually.  Traded it immediately after finishing it.  Picked up a $15 code for PS4.  Enjoyed it a lot more the 2nd time through.  One of a few games I didn't get the first time but ended up really liking after giving it a second try much later.

#3398 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

Is dead by daylight any good on ps4??

I know it was popular on pc

#3399 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3590 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

I played it at launch on PS3.  I got through it but didn't love it.  Couldn't wait for it to end actually.  Traded it immediately after finishing it.  Picked up a $15 code for PS4.  Enjoyed it a lot more the 2nd time through.  One of a few games I didn't get the first time but ended up really liking after giving it a second try much later.

I got it at launch on PS3 since it was from Naughty Dog and I really enjoyed the Uncharted games. Ended up not liking the characters, finding the gameplay boring and only getting a few hours into the game before moving on. Decided to try again when the PS4 version was $8 and I did like the game more and got quite a bit farther than I did the first time but I still lost interest before finishing. Maybe I'll give it a third shot before the sequel arrives.

#3400 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

I can absolutely understand not liking The Last of Us. 

Its status being constantly heralded as "the defining game of its generation" is, IMO, utterly ridiculous. The Uncharted games have definitely gone through an unflattering reevaluation in recent years, and I think it's time for TLoU hype to get the same reality dose. 

Still a game that I enjoyed a lot, mind you. And obviously an exciting prologue (I feel like half of what I read about it is people who just played the prologue ...).

#3401 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

The Uncharted games have definitely gone through an unflattering reevaluation in recent years

I always felt ahead of the curve on that one, thought UC2 was kinda average and then I found UC3 to be outright terrible and is one of the few games in my entire life I regret buying brand new. I mean yes they are cool to watch but the core gameplay just killed me, boring climbing combined with bland enemy design with loads of battle arenas where they send like 4-5 waves of said bland enemies at you.

Haven't gotten to Last of Us yet (in the backlog though thanks to one of those gamestop 4 for 10 deals) but oddly enough I actually look forward to it because I've always read that it's the opposite of Uncharted, less enemies and the encounters are more interesting.

#3402 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4674 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

The ending is pitch perfect Joel.  Absolutely perfect.

#3403 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Lots of interesting news coming out of Paris (?) games week for the ps4.

#3404 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4674 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

I can absolutely understand not liking The Last of Us. 

Its status being constantly heralded as "the defining game of its generation" is, IMO, utterly ridiculous. The Uncharted games have definitely gone through an unflattering reevaluation in recent years, and I think it's time for TLoU hype to get the same reality dose. 

Still a game that I enjoyed a lot, mind you. And obviously an exciting prologue (I feel like half of what I read about it is people who just played the prologue ...).

That's silly to assume most people have only played the prologue.  I've platinumed it on both PS3 and PS4, probably 5 playthroughs total.   I've put countless hours into MP - more than Socom or Counterstrike, my two previous 'most time played' games.

It's phenomenal.  Everything about it.  People here know I don't give two ducks about the story of a game, yet TLOU managed to pull me in and make me care about them [that -never- happens].   Combat is fantastic - early on, the lack of skill with weapons makes headshots hard, which makes every bullet in that revolver count.   As you upgrade, you get better, and eventually you're taking down enemies much easier.   They also perfected in game crafting for an action game.

The only two big 'flaws' [and they're minor] is, as someone else said, some midgame pacing before things really kick into gear, and a few too many 'move the box' puzzles.   The first is easily excusable due to how masterfully the rest of the story played out, and the second is just the hit you take in a new franchise -- there is only so much time to code, and so sometimes you'll see them have to reuse a puzzle mechanic since it was already developed rather than add in unique mechanics every time. 

Maybe it's age related... I can't stand the high school drek of, say, Persona 4 [despite loving drpgs and the SMT press turn system], and literally cringe as I speed through dialog.   On the other hand, I've got kids... and completely identify with Joel and love every character arc.  As I just mentioned, the ending is pitch perfect.  It's the only possible ending.  It's exactly what Joel had to do.

#3405 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Conference was so boring

#3406 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

So, no deals this week?

Huh? It's Monday. Not Tuesday. Relax. Go out and enjoy the fall weather or something.

#3407 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Huh? It's Monday. Not Tuesday. Relax. Go out and enjoy the fall weather or something.

But it's so cold. Only supposed to get up to 84Β° here in Tucson today

#3408 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

#3409 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9384 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

That’s horrible. We had our first hard freeze here in Greenville, SC this morning (did rebound into the 50s).

#3410 .Beowulf  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

30% off psn card pcgamesupply

#3411 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

https://youtu.be/UzdNECcio54

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

😲

#3412 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Lots of interesting news coming out of Paris (?) games week for the ps4.

Was more cool stuff than I was expecting. I really want to see more of this new Sucker Punch game, I love those guys and they've been really quiet for a while now. 

Also Monster Hunter demo December 9th, omg! Not that I need one to help me decide to buy it, I just want to play it lol. 

#3413 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6396 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Where's the hype, y'all? The Steam thread talked more about the PS4 conference announcements than you.

And the Xbox thread.

#3414 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Youch, I'd be dying at 84 degrees. Even at 70, I need to turn on the air conditioner.

#3415 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Where's the hype, y'all? The Steam thread talked more about the PS4 conference announcements than you.

And the Xbox thread.

Did you miss the exciting last of us discussion panel? We’re about to discuss disc vs. digital unless some sweet plus games and deals come on.

#3416 foxbatkllr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

foxbatkllr

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

If you liked Heavy Rain, definitely grab Until Dawn, which is a horror game inspired by the Heavy Rain-style of adventure game.

Until Dawn was definitely good.  I nearly lost at the ending trying to hold the controller still.  That was intense.

Speaking of Heavy Rain, I can't wait for Detroit: Become Human.  That trailer today was great.  It's shaping up to be as good or better than Heavy Rain.

#3417 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

30% off psn card pcgamesupply

Gone already. This is ridiculous. I check this morning, too.

#3418 .Beowulf  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Gone already. This is ridiculous. I check this morning, too.

I get them here asap but lately the stock seems very low

I post them here rather than start a thread because of that, I post them before I even buy one and try to check 5-10 times a day so at least some folks here can get one

still the best deal on psn credit (which is always a pain to get a good deal for) so I'm still gonna keep track

#3419 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

Until Dawn was definitely good.  I nearly lost at the ending trying to hold the controller still.  That was intense.

I loved the game a lot, but that part was annoying.  I actually closed the game before it could autosave and reloaded my save multiple times just because the only way I could keep the controller still enough for that long that many times was to literally memorize when those parts were and set the controller on the floor.  I know I'm not the only one (I've seen threads about other people being annoyed by it and even providing tips on how to survive those moments, like turning off controller vibration settings, etc).

#3420 RiPPn  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

PC Gaming Supply promo is still active for 10 minutes.. appears they are removing the ad banner but promo stays active.  Future posts should be to the promo and not the ad banner.

http://www.pcgamesup..._promotion/481/