* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#5701 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

The From trailer is definitely an explicit reference to Shadow Tower (PSX and PS2 series), a spiritual ancestor of Demon's Souls, itself a spiritual descendant of King's Field. So, another Kinshadsoulsborne entry.

#5702 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

#5703 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3467 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=XcuFJXgU6cA

What the Fuck did I just watch? And since when does an 8+ minute video count as a teaser? I probably would've been more interested if there had been less because that made no sense whatsoever. But because it's Kojima and Daryl Dixon people will go apeshit over it.

#5704 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:55 AM

What the Fuck did I just watch? And since when does an 8+ minute video count as a teaser? I probably would've been more interested if there had been less because that made no sense whatsoever. But because it's Kojima and Daryl Dixon people will go apeshit over it.

Considering Kojima has so far made literally perfect games on Playstation, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3, I think he's earned some amount of excitement over his work? Although I honestly haven't seen much excitement over Death Stranding, mostly just cynical comments from people expressing how much better they think they are than anyone excited for the game. 

#5705 dizee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Considering Kojima has so far made literally perfect games on Playstation, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3, I think he's earned some amount of excitement over his work? Although I honestly haven't seen much excitement over Death Stranding, mostly just cynical comments from people expressing how much better they think they are than anyone excited for the game. 

kojima really hasnt made a great game since the ps2 and im a mgs fanboy. peace walker has been his only solid game since snake eater launched. the rest have had major issues in one way or another. i have really low expectations for whatever this game is, it already looks incredibly stupid in my eyes.

#5706 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

It’s disappointing that there’s no conference for PSX this weekend. I always enjoyed them. They should have saved their PGW announcements for PSX.

#5707 RiPPn  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

It’s disappointing that there’s no conference for PSX this weekend. I always enjoyed them. They should have saved their PGW announcements for PSX.

I had no idea they weren't doing a conference.. I was thinking last night "why are you not saving this for PSX?"  I guess it makes sense as to why Death Stranding and Dreams were shown there as well as the Andrew House swan song.  I thought the From Software teaser was a setup for the PSX announcement.  Oh well, I guess it makes more sense to do it this way since Sony probably doesn't want to be absent from the game awards to save stuff for their show.. but at the same time they got snubbed pretty hard last night as well..

#5708 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 8.32.52 AM.png

#5709 elessar123  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

The Monster Hunter: World Beta for PS+ preload seems to be up.

#5710 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

I had no idea they weren't doing a conference.. I was thinking last night "why are you not saving this for PSX?" I guess it makes sense as to why Death Stranding and Dreams were shown there as well as the Andrew House swan song. I thought the From Software teaser was a setup for the PSX announcement. Oh well, I guess it makes more sense to do it this way since Sony probably doesn't want to be absent from the game awards to save stuff for their show.. but at the same time they got snubbed pretty hard last night as well..

There is some sort of address tonight at 8pm PST / 11pm EST. Sony has already stated that this is not a conference and there won’t be really any pomp and circumstance. I guess we’ll see.

#5711 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   676 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Was just in the middle of typing the same thing haha.

Cool that it's only 5.5 gigs, kinda makes me wonder how big the full game will actually end up being.

#5712 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hype!!

#5713 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:18 PM

Yeah I have no idea why everyone is jumping to the conclusion of bloodborne 2. Bloodborne has nothing to do with shadows.

#5714 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1031 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

For those of you who have PSVR, have any of you gone out and purchases shorter cables to connect it to the PS4? I was just reviewing the cables yesterday and they seemed quite long

#5715 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

A new deal:

PSVR Accoounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/19

Freebies:

:ps4: The Evil Within 2 Trial - Free

:ps4: Monster Hunter: World Beta - Free

:ps4: Star Trek Online - Steamrunner Cadet Bundle - Free

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - Complete DLC Collection - Free

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - Free Sample Set 1 - Free

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - Free Sample Set 2 - Free

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - Free Sample Set 3 - Free

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - Free Sample Set 4 - Free

Transference Avatar - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - $29.99

:ps4: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - $59.99

#5716 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

There's a PSX 2017 dynamic theme available to acquire over at live.playstation.com. Should be more stuff added throughout the weekend.

#5717 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

http://live.playstation.com/

There's a PSX 2017 quest that's live now to get a dynamic theme by watching some trailers and returning to the site tomorrow to finish the last step. There is another quest under the Services tab for Jumanji avatars.

#5718 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10015 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

There's a PSX 2017 quest that's live now to get a dynamic theme by watching some trailers and returning to the site tomorrow to finish the last step.

Thanks Frisky...I always get the free junk from these...though i'm about to buy the PS2 theme for myself.

#5719 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

The code expires 12/31, but I think if you load it to your wallet it's there until you spend it.

Can anyone confirm that if you redeem the code the credit won’t expire?

#5720 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Can anyone confirm that if you redeem the code the credit won’t expire?

Send me the code, I'll confirm.  :-P

As far as I know, once you redeem, its yours. It never expires.

#5721 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70183 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

#5722 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1088 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

For those of you who have PSVR, have any of you gone out and purchases shorter cables to connect it to the PS4? I was just reviewing the cables yesterday and they seemed quite long

I actually had the exact opposite problem, as my recently-purchased PSVR is set up in my theater room, which has a projector and all the electronic equipment is in a separate room next to the theater room.  I had to buy an extension cable for the PS4 Camera (rare and hard to find, since Sony never released one themselves), and I used an old USB extension cable I had lying around from the PS3 Eye Camera days to extend the length of the USB cable that has to run between the PS4 and the PSVR processor box.  

Though finding shorter cables should be easy- any USB and HDMI cable that is shorter than the ones included with PSVR should work.

#5723 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Send me the code, I'll confirm.  :-P

As far as I know, once you redeem, its yours. It never expires.

Too late I redeemed it lol.

#5724 nadohawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1031 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

I actually had the exact opposite problem, as my recently-purchased PSVR is set up in my theater room, which has a projector and all the electronic equipment is in a separate room next to the theater room.  I had to buy an extension cable for the PS4 Camera (rare and hard to find, since Sony never released one themselves), and I used an old USB extension cable I had lying around from the PS3 Eye Camera days to extend the length of the USB cable that has to run between the PS4 and the PSVR processor box.  

Though finding shorter cables should be easy- any USB and HDMI cable that is shorter than the ones included with PSVR should work.

I've had those problems as well when I put my consoles in the tech cabinet. Now my consoles will be right behind my TV and the PSVR will be right next to the PS4 so there would be excess cable length 

#5725 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

I actually had the exact opposite problem, as my recently-purchased PSVR is set up in my theater room, which has a projector and all the electronic equipment is in a separate room next to the theater room. I had to buy an extension cable for the PS4 Camera (rare and hard to find, since Sony never released one themselves), and I used an old USB extension cable I had lying around from the PS3 Eye Camera days to extend the length of the USB cable that has to run between the PS4 and the PSVR processor box.

Wow!

Can I come play and watch movies at your place? Damn!

#5726 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   725 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

A new deal:

PSVR Accoounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/19

Wait, is Accounting+ (typo, btw) a PSVR exclusive? I can't find any info about it. It's crazy how far ahead on this VR game Sony is getting ... Skyrim, RE7, Double Fine, now even some William Pugh games? 

Yeah I have no idea why everyone is jumping to the conclusion of bloodborne 2. Bloodborne has nothing to do with shadows.

I feel like "shadows die twice" is definitely an overt reference to Shadow Tower, the PS1/PS2 series that fit in the Souls lineage between King's Field and Demon Souls. So broadly speaking another entry in the Souls lineage, is my guess. 

Edit: Apparently most people in the Souls community think this is a reach, when I first watched it, it was the very first thing I thought of and I honestly thought it was an overt reference, not something cryptic. But if no one else felt the same way, I suppose it was not so overt as I thought. I've seen people taking from the Eastern inspired bits that perhaps it's a new Tenchu or something along those lines. Personally I'm hoping it's a brand new IP spiritually within the Souls aesthetic, but with very new gameplay mechanics. 

#5727 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

Whoops, ignore this post.

Don't tell me what to do.

#5728 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:29 AM

Wait. There isn't?  I've been looking forward to one for a couple weeks now.

Are you absolutely sure?

EDIT: 

You might be right, but -something- starts in 3 hours. 

PlayStation Presents - PSX 2017 Opening Celebration

That very well might be the conference.

Hmm....wait, description is:

Starting at 8:00pm Pacific time, you can listen in on candid discussions with some of PlayStation’s top developers, get updates on some key titles, and hear some special announcements. Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller will also be dropping by!

I had no idea they weren't doing a conference.. I was thinking last night "why are you not saving this for PSX?"  I guess it makes sense as to why Death Stranding and Dreams were shown there as well as the Andrew House swan song.  I thought the From Software teaser was a setup for the PSX announcement.  Oh well, I guess it makes more sense to do it this way since Sony probably doesn't want to be absent from the game awards to save stuff for their show.. but at the same time they got snubbed pretty hard last night as well..

Andrew House is stepping down????

#5729 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Use it before you buy shorter cables, you need some distance between yourself and the camera for it to track you properly, plus the more space you have the more room you have to move.

#5730 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

Andrew House is stepping down????

tumblr_mzp25tdY6x1riwt83o2_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP