* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#8311 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hilarious! I Recommend The End of the Fxxxing World on Netflix

On another note, other than Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD, what are some must play PS4 exclusives? Just got my system in late October

Put Horizon to the front of the backlog. Great game. Nioh is what I’ve been playing as of late. It is very difficult. Nier Automata is great. Resogun is also worth checking out.

#8312 sp0rklez  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

To whoever was asking about The Last of Us, I highly recommend you at least try it. I don't play horror games, or games with any type of horror element in them so I was hesitant to play it. But I ended up loving it and I can't wait for the sequel.

#8313 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

Tomorrow is the last day to redeem codes for South Park The Stick of Truth (PS4) from The Fractured But Whole.

I'll take one from anyone if it's going to waste.

#8314 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

To whoever was asking about The Last of Us, I highly recommend you at least try it. I don't play horror games, or games with any type of horror element in them so I was hesitant to play it. But I ended up loving it and I can't wait for the sequel.

You have that avatar and you dont play horror stuff?

#8315 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Didn't finish TLoU even though I got it release week. I didn't like the combat encounters very much. Like someone said, I just wanted to get to the next 'walking simulator' part. Eventually, I just gave it up and moved on. Maybe I'll re-visit one day.

HOWEVER, TLoU has perhaps the *BEST* opening sequence in any game I've played. The first hour/hour-and-a-half of that game blew me away. I think that alone is worth the $10 it was on sale for.

#8316 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

HOWEVER, TLoU has perhaps the *BEST* opening sequence in any game I've played. The first hour/hour-and-a-half of that game blew me away. I think that alone is worth the $10 it was on sale for.

I don't know if it's the best but it's certainly up there even if I don't care much for the rest of the game.

#8317 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3236 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

On another note, other than Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD, what are some must play PS4 exclusives?  Just got my system in late October

The Yakuza series along with Infamous is what made me want the PS4.  Yakuza has been PS exclusive since the first game on the PS2.  I'd start with Yakuza Zero on the PS4.   Just watch a few videos and see if it's your thing.  If you played Shenmue on the Dreamcast or Shenmue 2 on the original  Xbox (or imported the DC version) then it's a lot like Shenmue 2 mixed with the M rated stuff from GTA and the violence turned up a notch on the fighting.  Just watch a video... it's a must play series if you love these kind of genre blending games.

#8318 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

DU4HdnFU0AAk-1C.jpg

Haha! Knack for free in February! Thanks guys!

Also, Rime being free is nuts. February is great!

#8319 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

So apparently the latest rumor is that you get Far Cry 4 free if you sign up for a new PS+ sub for 12 months? I already have the game but kind of sucks for people that already are subscribers if it is true.

May just be an EU offer.

#8320 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

On another note, other than Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD, what are some must play PS4 exclusives?  Just got my system in late October

One that is often criminally overlooked is Until Dawn, a branching-paths game with a horror-movie cabin in the woods setup. It's fantastic.

If you like puzzle games, The Talos Principle is another heavily overlooked gem. I loved it.

Of course if you like RPG's, Persona 5 is the one to get. Ys 8 was also good fun. Nier Automata for an action/RPG hybrid.

And then Ratchet and clank for some good old fashioned platforming with crazy weapons. Those are my top picks.

#8321 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3678 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

DU4HdnFU0AAk-1C.jpg

Also, Rime being free is nuts. February is great!

Weren't both of these just on deep discount sales?  Didn't Sony say they weren't going to do that?  I almost re-bought Knack.  Glad I didn't.

#8322 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Weren't both of these just on deep discount sales?  Didn't Sony say they weren't going to do that?  I almost re-bought Knack.  Glad I didn't.

People knew what they were getting into with Knack. They were aware this would happen, haha.

RIme was on sale but it wasn't significant. 

#8323 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

God damn motherfucking pieces of shit.

#8324 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   879 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Amazingly I bought Knack like 2 years ago despite all the talk of it for sure being PS plus, and then only started playing it like a week ago :( The universe can be a funny place sometimes

#8325 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Rime is a great deal. I might just return the Switch version I got on sale since it performs like shit and has apparently been abandoned.

#8326 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Already have both Rime and Knack so hoping for a crossbuy on a Vita game or something. That said, that’s a really good line up with those two — especially Rime.

#8327 EasyEducator   The Easy Educator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

EasyEducator

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

This is a great month! I've been holding off on Rime and Knack for just this reason.  Looks like we also get Grand Kingdom on PS4/Vita.  I found GK to be a very enjoyable RPG/SRPG game and happily put about 40 hours into it a year ago.  Throw in Mugen Souls Z on PS3 and that's several "big" games to go with the smaller indies.  Sweetness. 

#8328 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Knack is finally free. Amazing. Grand kingdom means my physical copy goes bye bye now.

#8329 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Man forget Knack, Grand Kingdom should be the game they promote the month with lol. Really enjoyed the demo so looking forward to it. 

#8330 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9861 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Awesome that Grand Kingdom is in there! Even though I have Knack and Rime, this is easily the best month in ages. Might even say the best ever.

#8331 Quagmilion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Quagmilion

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

To anyone else who needed to look for what's going to be free like I did, here's the alleged game list:

• Knack (PS4)
• RiME (PS4)
• StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
• Spelunker HD (PS3)
• Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
• Exiles End (PS Vita)
• Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4)

#8332 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Spelunker HD is great. I highly recommend that game if you're into difficult, old-school NES-style platformers. Amazing music too. Way better than the recent free to play PS4 game.

I'd also stay far away from Mugen Souls Z since I played a few hours of the first game and it was really bad.

I've already played Knack, but I'm interested in the other three. Pretty rare for me to download 3 PS+ games in a month, so I'm happy with that list.

#8333 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

To anyone else who needed to look for what's going to be free like I did, here's the alleged game list:

• Knack (PS4)
• RiME (PS4)
• Spelunker HD (PS3)
• Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
• Exiles End (PS Vita)

Nothing alleged about it, always check the PlayStation blog (article) and previous discussion.

#8334 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

That's what I get for buying knack this month.

Fml.

#8335 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

• Knack (PS4)
• RiME (PS4)
• Spelunker HD (PS3)
• Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
• Exiles End (PS Vita)

Ooo, Spelunker HD online should get a little boost then, maybe I'll try playing that game again.

Exiles End looks pretty cool too.

#8336 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Havent bought a new madden game in years. Because of its story mode (however weak it may be) this is the first game in a while to interest me. $17 seems like an no brainer in my case right? Unless there's something majorly wrong with it that someone wants to clue me in on.

#8337 Thiah  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Madden always hits that price around the super bowl.

#8338 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5412 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

They're very good tower defense games, so you should be in for a treat.

I haven't played a good tower defense game since ninja town on the ds.  I will have to look these up.

#8339 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3465 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:43 PM

Havent bought a new madden game in years. Because of its story mode (however weak it may be) this is the first game in a while to interest me. $17 seems like an no brainer in my case right? Unless there's something majorly wrong with it that someone wants to clue me in on.

Madden 18 is great. It gets a bad wrap because, Madden. If it's been a few years since you've played one you it should be even more impressive IMO. No-brainer at the current price if you enjoy football in the least.

#8340 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12831 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

So apparently the latest rumor is that you get Far Cry 4 free if you sign up for a new PS+ sub for 12 months? I already have the game but kind of sucks for people that already are subscribers if it is true.

May just be an EU offer.

Not a rumor, it's an EU deal.  I also saw it on a NZ account I have.  Fifa 18 appeared to be another option in the NZ banner promoting it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP