* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#9211 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4409 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

So you know exactly how it feels.

I know how it feels with physical.  I don't care if i own a lot of digital.  It takes up no space and creates no clutter.   If it gets messy and you don't feel like organizing it, you can create a catchall folder and just ignore for a month.

#9212 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:28 AM

I've always liked the FlatOut series, but I heard the latest game isn't good. Anybody played it?

#9213 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66768 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#9214 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:07 AM

Zombi is making me feel good about my chances in the zombie apocalypse. Talked to the scientist in Buckingham Palace and no deaths so far. Also got a silenced pistol and used all my upgrades on it so excited to see how that will work. This game is great.

#9215 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2406 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Zombi is making me feel good about my chances in the zombie apocalypse. Talked to the scientist in Buckingham Palace and no deaths so far. Also got a silenced pistol and used all my upgrades on it so excited to see how that will work. This game is great.

Underrated game.  I bought it a couple years ago and played it briefly because I buy shit and never have time to play it, but what I did play I enjoyed thoroughly lol.

#9216 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7396 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

Sony launched My PlayStation today, with messaging, profile editing, etc.:

https://blog.us.play...ion-on-the-web/

#9217 Undeadcow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Undeadcow

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

Is Star Wars Battlefront 2 worth $32? I get that EA tried to shaft players by upselling additional purchases with paywalls but understand they have scaled that back. If I can get past the sleazy model, is the Battlefront 2 game itself fun?

#9218 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1674 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

Is Star Wars Battlefront 2 worth $32? I get that EA tried to shaft players by upselling additional purchases with paywalls but understand they have scaled that back. If I can get past the sleazy model, is the Battlefront 2 game itself fun?

No. The single player is not very good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#9219 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7396 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

I donno. Despite not caring for the progression system (regardless of micro transactions), I love the MP in Battlefront 2. The space combat is amazing and fun. But I’ve always yearned for a good space dog fighter and there aren’t many out there these days.

#9220 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Battlefront 2 multiplayer is super fun. Ignore the haters who have largely not played it. There is a learning curve (which I feel most of Dice's games have) where it feels like you die right away after running across the map to the action, but you'll learn to do better and find a class you like. Earning enough for a hero and slaughtering a bunch of people never gets old.

MPaullin.png

#9221 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ruiner is on sale for $9.99.

#9222 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Do any of you know where I can buy a legit new DualShock 3 these days?  Mine are both pretty beat down and much to my surprise you can't seem to get them new anywhere, even online.  Ebay has a shitload that seem to be new but once I started reading reviews people seem to be saying they are knock-offs that look real but have durability issues and can't hold a charge and all that crap. 

Help a brother with a huge PS3 backlog out if you can here. Thanks!

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

#9223 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Do any of you know where I can buy a legit new DualShock 3 these days? Mine are both pretty beat down and much to my surprise you can't seem to get them new anywhere, even online. Ebay has a shitload that seem to be new but once I started reading reviews people seem to be saying they are knock-offs that look real but have durability issues and can't hold a charge and all that crap.

I don’t if there are any by you but check Toys R. Us for the PlayStation Tv DualShock bundle. They are selling it under $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#9224 sp0rklez  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Do any of you know where I can buy a legit new DualShock 3 these days?  Mine are both pretty beat down and much to my surprise you can't seem to get them new anywhere, even online.  Ebay has a shitload that seem to be new but once I started reading reviews people seem to be saying they are knock-offs that look real but have durability issues and can't hold a charge and all that crap. 

I helped my brother find a "new" one a month ago and I was really surprised at how often when you look at places like Amazon, all they have in stock are knock offs. Basically what we decided in the end was either he was gonna have to drop full retail somewhere for one, or hit up a pawn shop and hope to get lucky. I happen to have a friend whose husband works at a pawn shop so we ended up getting him what looks like a brand new Dualshock 3 for about $20.

Could be something to try. Best of luck to you. 

#9225 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

It appears you can use a PS4 controller to play on a PS3, if that helps at all.

https://www.gamespot...3/1100-6420866/

Also, I hear Gamestop's used controllers are probably genuine but probably have some guarantee to them.

#9226 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Never heard about the PS4 controller on PS3 but I'll read up on it, there is a Toy's R Us about 45 minutes a way that I could trek out to, and there are several pawn shops in town so these are all good options - Thanks a lot peeps these are things that I hadn't thought of  :)   I looked into some third party controllers at Walmart but I'm really not feeling like getting used to a new/weird shape for a controller

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

#9227 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

The game is a lot of fun. Enjoyed the campaign, the giant multiplayer battles, 20v20 space dogfights and even 4v4 heroes vs villains mode will keep you busy for a longtime. You can buy crates with credits just like every other game on this current gen of consoles so ignore that whole nonsense. I highly recommend it.

Let's be friends!

XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous
PSN ID: ijustw1n

#9228 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66768 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: AeternoBlade - 10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:vita: AeternoBlade - 10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:ps4: AeternoBlade Platinum Bundle - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:vita: AeternoBlade Platinum Bundle - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:ps4: Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $9.09 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:ps4: Fortnite - Deluxe Founder's Pack - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Fortnite - Limited Edition Founder's Pack - $74.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Fortnite - Standard Founder's Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Fortnite - Super Deluxe Founder's Pack - $44.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Ruiner - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/7

:ps4: Wanderjahr - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:vita: Wanderjahr - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

:ps3: Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/7

New Release:

:ps4: Rad Rogers - $19.99

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#9229 Lonely Boy  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Sony launched My PlayStation today, with messaging, profile editing, etc.:

https://blog.us.play...ion-on-the-web/

All I want is the ability to change my fucking PSN ID from 9 years ago. That's it.

#9230 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1452 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:39 PM

Never heard about the PS4 controller on PS3 but I'll read up on it, there is a Toy's R Us about 45 minutes a way that I could trek out to, and there are several pawn shops in town so these are all good options - Thanks a lot peeps these are things that I hadn't thought of  :)   I looked into some third party controllers at Walmart but I'm really not feeling like getting used to a new/weird shape for a controller

Just a heads up that PS4 controller cannot be used for PS1/PS2 classics on PS3. So far I have run into no issues using them for PS3 games though.

PSN: sic2291 
Steam: Pimpalicious1987

#9231 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Battlefront 2 is a lot of fun, and I actually really like the progression system.  It encourages you to try new things but also rewards you for sticking with one class if that's how you want to play.  EA deserved (some of) the criticism they got for the game, but they've listened to complaints and improved it.

Posted Image

#9232 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:30 AM

Getting PSVR tomorrow (the $200 one without the move controllers). What should I get from this sale?

#9233 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66768 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:41 AM

Getting PSVR tomorrow (the $200 one without the move controllers). What should I get from this sale?

I'd suggest taking a look at the PSVR thread for various recommendation posts and such.

https://www.cheapass...6#entry13950526

#9234 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

So I recently got my PSP back from my brother along with the few games I had purchased for it, and as a result I’ve fallen back in love with Final Fantasy Tactics. Two quick questions to Frisky (or anyone else who might be in the know): 1. How often, if at all, do FF titles go on sale in the PS Store? Is there a website or anything that tracks what price a game has been over the span of its release in different stores/digital outlets? And 2. All other things being equal, should I rebuy the PS1 classic version of Tactics or the War of the Lions remake? Are the infamous slowdown issues and reworded script from the PSP still present in the PS Store version, or have they been fixed?

#9235 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

PSPrices tracks sales.
https://psprices.com/region-us/index

#9236 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:51 AM

PSPrices tracks sales.
https://psprices.com/region-us/index

This is great, thank you so much!

#9237 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66768 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:02 AM

So I recently got my PSP back from my brother along with the few games I had purchased for it, and as a result I’ve fallen back in love with Final Fantasy Tactics. Two quick questions to Frisky (or anyone else who might be in the know): 1. How often, if at all, do FF titles go on sale in the PS Store? Is there a website or anything that tracks what price a game has been over the span of its release in different stores/digital outlets? And 2. All other things being equal, should I rebuy the PS1 classic version of Tactics or the War of the Lions remake? Are the infamous slowdown issues and reworded script from the PSP still present in the PS Store version, or have they been fixed?

Final Fantasy games go on sale every few months.

#9238 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

I’m thinking of converting Madden, FIFA and Far Cry 4 to digital at this point because the sales are so good. I may even pick up SWBF2 again at that price point because X-wings.

#9239 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66768 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

#9240 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3167 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Can someone clarify what the Battlepass is?  Is this only for the Battle Royale mode?  Is this something you purchase with real money?  I don't even see where you can purchase it in the store.  I play a lot of Fortnite but only the Save the World part, and I have never seen any reference to it there.