* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#9241 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

Can someone clarify what the Battlepass is?  Is this only for the Battle Royale mode?  Is this something you purchase with real money?  I don't even see where you can purchase it in the store.  I play a lot of Fortnite but only the Save the World part, and I have never seen any reference to it there.

It's a battle royale purchase you make with their V bucks you can buy from the psn store. It's essentially a tiered reward system that gives you more gear the more experience you get from playing. It's one of the more reasonable things in terms of price per reward. 

#9242 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5107 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone still play Binary Domain online? It was free on PS+ a while back. It has a great Horde-like co-op mode. I need 1 or 2 experienced players to fill out a lobby.

#9243 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3580 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:50 AM

Is a usb hub safe to use with PS4? Got the hard drive and the vr and need to charge this stuff.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#9244 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66881 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

Can someone clarify what the Battlepass is?  Is this only for the Battle Royale mode?  Is this something you purchase with real money?  I don't even see where you can purchase it in the store.  I play a lot of Fortnite but only the Save the World part, and I have never seen any reference to it there.

It's their progression system of unlocks. You can either pay with currency you purchase or earn in previous battle passes for extra stuff as you level it up or stay free and get less stuff every few levels.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#9245 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4183 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

It appears you can use a PS4 controller to play on a PS3, if that helps at all.

https://www.gamespot...3/1100-6420866/

Also, I hear Gamestop's used controllers are probably genuine but probably have some guarantee to them.

you can but they dont have start and select buttons so you need to use the touch screen in the center and the home button cannot be used.  You also have to plug it in since it doesn't work wireless.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#9246 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4183 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

Just a heads up that PS4 controller cannot be used for PS1/PS2 classics on PS3. So far I have run into no issues using them for PS3 games though.

maybe I am thinking of my vita tv but I tried using a ps4 control to see if the analog sticks worked on ff7 like they did oon vita tv and they do not.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#9247 maykol   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Is RE7 Season Pass worth it? Or do you recommend any stand alone DLC? I liked the game but felt all the extras where missing and I don't know if anyone recommends to just play Banned 1 or End of Zoe for example.

#9248 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36444 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

Is RE7 Season Pass worth it? Or do you recommend any stand alone DLC? I liked the game but felt all the extras where missing and I don't know if anyone recommends to just play Banned 1 or End of Zoe for example.

As someone who got the season pass, I thought all of the bonus content was pretty great, some more than others (Jack's 55th Birthday was fun at first but got tiring by the 3rd or 4th level, but finishing Ethan Must Die felt very satisfying). End of Zoe was also fun, especially running through it on the hardest difficulty.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; Hitman: Absolution; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Exile's End; Uncanny Valley

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: Resident Evil 6 (3.5/5) :vita: Adventures of Mana (4.0/5)

#9249 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

Do any of you know where I can buy a legit new DualShock 3 these days?  Mine are both pretty beat down and much to my surprise you can't seem to get them new anywhere, even online.  Ebay has a shitload that seem to be new but once I started reading reviews people seem to be saying they are knock-offs that look real but have durability issues and can't hold a charge and all that crap. 

Help a brother with a huge PS3 backlog out if you can here. Thanks!

You can also look for genuine DS3 controllers on these sites. I've ordered games from all three and can honestly say they're all very good.

http://www.jjgames.com

http://www.estarland.com

http://www.lukiegames.com

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#9250 chipzilla   My teeth are extra sharp ♪ ♪ My body's extra hairy ♪ CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Is a usb hub safe to use with PS4? Got the hard drive and the vr and need to charge this stuff.

I have not confirmed this myself, but I believe you can not use a hub to attach an external drive to the PS4. When researching externals I found one that an extra usb port on it. I figured that would be ideal, no lost port. But in the reviews on Amazon, people mention that it didn't work on the PS4. Apparently the problem was that the hard drive case used an internal hub, one port to attach the drive and one to provide the extra port on the exterior.

I do not know if the VR has a problem with a hub, but I imagine that using a hub for charging controllers etc. works.

In summary, I dunno.

chipzilla.pngcard.png

#9251 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

I have a 4-port Amazon hub that I use on my PS4. I've not tried running an external drive through it, and if I recall correctly, the PSVR cable needs to be directly attached to the PS4. All I ever run through it are charging cables for the controller(s), my keyboard and my wireless Gold headset dongle. Anything else (external HD, PSVR, Lego Dimensions base) I swap in and out of the other port. Keep in mind that bluetooth and hubs don't like to be near each other for some reason. Often while using my headset, all my hub devices will disconnect and immediately reconnect. It's a known problem with hubs and bluetooth.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#9252 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

You can also look for genuine DS3 controllers on these sites. I've ordered games from all three and can honestly say they're all very good.

http://www.jjgames.com

http://www.estarland.com

http://www.lukiegames.com

Thanks for chiming in on this! I haven't shopped on any of those sites before so it could be a good resource

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

#9253 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for chiming in on this! I haven't shopped on any of those sites before so it could be a good resource

You're welcome! Happy to help my fellow CAGs.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#9254 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

All I want is the ability to change my fucking PSN ID from 9 years ago. That's it.

This!

#9255 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36444 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

Night in the Woods is $13.99 (30% off) today through Tuesday--I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's gone on sale and several people in this thread were interested in the game: https://store.playst...000000000000000

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Monster Hunter World :ps3: FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns; Hitman: Absolution; WipEout HD [Fury DLC] :vita: Exile's End; Uncanny Valley

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: Resident Evil 6 (3.5/5) :vita: Adventures of Mana (4.0/5)

#9256 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

Night in the Woods is $13.99 (30% off) today through Tuesday--I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's gone on sale and several people in this thread were interested in the game: https://store.playst...000000000000000

Wow! Thanks for the heads up!

#9257 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

Also on sale on Steam. Wonder if it will hit XBL as well? I have some spare credit there.

Edit: think this is for the 1 year anniversary and it’s only been on Xbox for a few months so probably not. Might wait a day and get it on PSN.

#9258 gd224  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

I use one to plug my controller, my PSVR and a flash drive (ran out of ports). You can't plug an external hard drive into it though, have to keep it into one of the ports directly.

Basically you can use one but not for the hard drive.

Edit: also it has to be a USB 3.0 hub not 2.0, but you probably already knew that.

855956.png?16508536

:xb1: Forza Horizon 3, Skyrim, NHL 17

:ps4: Rock Band 4, WWE 2K17, NASCAR Heat Evolution    :3ds: Pokemon Sun

#9259 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66881 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:02 AM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Dead by Daylight: Special Edition - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Night in the Woods - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Spartan - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/5

Freebies:

Laws of Machine Professor Avatar - Free

PSVR The Playroom VR - Toy Wars - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Little Adventure on the Prairie - $1.99

:vita: Little Adventure on the Prairie - $1.99

:ps4: Suicide Guy - $7.99

:ps4: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - $59.99

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#9260 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:43 AM

Nooo, I just died in Zombi for the first time cause I smacked some dude carrying an oxygen tank with my shovel and it exploded. What the Fuck, I didn't know that was going to happen.

#9261 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Night in the Woods - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 2/27

:ps4: Spartan - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/5

Freebies:

Laws of Machine Professor Avatar - Free

PSVR The Playroom VR - Toy Wars - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Little Adventure on the Prairie - $1.99

:vita: Little Adventure on the Prairie - $1.99

:ps4: Suicide Guy - $7.99

:ps4: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - $59.99

3rd (and final) DLC for Little Nightmares: Secrets of the Maw was also released today. Creepy and disturbing.

It's great that Night in the Woods is finally on sale and all, but does it have to be the week where I'm planning to spend $150+ on VR shit? Dammit. The fact that it isn't discounted further for PS+ members makes me wonder if there's an $11.99 sale coming down the pike.

Suicide Guy seems interesting because... well, never mind.

#9262 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

3rd (and final) DLC for Little Nightmares: Secrets of the Maw was also released today. Creepy and disturbing.

It's great that Night in the Woods is finally on sale and all, but does it have to be the week where I'm planning to spend $150+ on VR shit? Dammit. The fact that it isn't discounted further for PS+ members makes me wonder if there's an $11.99 sale coming down the pike.

Suicide Guy seems interesting because... well, never mind.

Are you still homeless? Cause what the Fuck.

#9263 Lonely Boy  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Yes. That's where the Suicide Guy comment fits in.

#9264 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

Yes. That's where the Suicide Guy comment fits in.

Well, that got dark. Maybe don't spend $150 on PlayStation VR then?

#9265 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Well, that got dark. Maybe don't spend $150 on PlayStation VR then?

Could use VR to visualize a home.

Sorry, that was not funny...

Seriously hope things are ok budarc.

#9266 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

he could buy the VR game called Perfect and just relax on a beach or mountains, it's on sale

also why did it take Night in the Woods a full year to go on sale?

#9267 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

I disagree, that was funny.

#9268 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

looking for fortnite battle royale players. bought season pass and there is exp bonus for playing with friends.

DarkLordOmega.png

#9269 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

when is the vr sale over?

#9270 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

when is the vr sale over?

Looks like Tuesday, as that'll be when the weekly sale updates