* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#10261 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3458 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

I double checked with a hope and a prayer that Switch might get this but it looks to be current gen console exclusive. That's a helluva a pre-order bonus.

#10262 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6163 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

The hell is Assault Gunners?

Ugly Ass Gundam

#10263 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11134 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

Is Hitman GOTY worth it? I see it n sale usually so I would love to hear people's thoughts given it is 24 bucks. Which is my max for buying games.

Have you played any of the previous Hitman games to know what the gameplay is like? If not, the prologue is up for free. That's two levels that gives you a good taste of what the gameplay is like.

https://store.playst...ITMANGAME000001

The big difference in the main game missions is you get to pick the equipment loadout you start the mission with (which you unlock new gear by completing contracts in a variety of ways) and the levels are much larger.

Note: the GOTY edition includes an additional campaign, Patient Zero, that is not included in the complete First Season physical release if you were thinking of buying it on disc instead.

#10264 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

#10265 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7822 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

I double checked with a hope and a prayer that Switch might get this but it looks to be current gen console exclusive. That's a helluva a pre-order bonus.

Isn't Ultra SFIV a ps4 exclusive?

#10266 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

No, not at all. Its on PS3 and 360.

#10267 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Right, it is for current gen. Xbox gets around this by making the 360 version available via BC.

#10268 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

So I have not preordered a game since Mortal Kombat II on SNES, but this will do it for me.  Just because I'm out of the loop on this kind of thing, does it work to preorder from anywhere, like Amazon?

#10269 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

So I have not preordered a game since Mortal Kombat II on SNES, but this will do it for me.  Just because I'm out of the loop on this kind of thing, does it work to preorder from anywhere, like Amazon?

It's mentioned in the article:

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is the most recent release in Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, arriving on PS2 in 2004 almost 14 years ago. With that thought in mind, we still need a way to connect it to the current Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. That’s why when you pre-order Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection on PS4, you’ll receive Ultra Street Fighter IV to complete the legacy! If you pre-order the physical copy, you’ll receive the game as a digital code on the receipt in North America. If you pre-order the digital copy, you’ll receive the code one to two weeks after May 29.

#10270 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

https://twitter.com/...161911338405889

Stoked on this.

#10271 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Anybody play Bully on PS4? If so, how does it hold up?

#10272 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   783 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Anybody play Bully on PS4? If so, how does it hold up?

I also have this question, particularly in comparison to that version that was released on 360.  I intend to get one of them.

#10273 RiPPn  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

https://www.snowcast...launch-and-more

It's the new Extended Edition of the game with a number of new improvements and additions (details) that will be free for those that bought the original version, though that will happen in a few days.

Is the old version still going to be playable, or should I hurry and play through that one?

Edit: never mind.. looks like the original version was called Earthlock: Festival of Magic and has since been delisted.. the new one is just called Earthlock so old version is being treated as a completely separate game and not an update like they seem to be implying.

#10274 JimStabsPeople  

JimStabsPeople

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:17 PM

I also have this question, particularly in comparison to that version that was released on 360.  I intend to get one of them.

PS4 version is a port of the PS2 game just with trophy and remote play support. The 360 version was the Scholarship Edition, which added a few missions, costumes, mini games, and slightly better graphics.

#10275 BlackFlame   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

BlackFlame

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:42 PM

Is the old version still going to be playable, or should I hurry and play through that one?

Edit: never mind.. looks like the original version was called Earthlock: Festival of Magic and has since been delisted.. the new one is just called Earthlock so old version is being treated as a completely separate game and not an update like they seem to be implying.

Actually it's a updated version of the game & if you bought the original game you get this version for free, but I guess the update won't be available for a few days.

#10276 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

I grabbed Vostok Inc since that's on sale until tomorrow and have played a few hours of it. It's a pretty good spin on an idle game where you're controlling a spaceship that is setting up mining facilities on the different planets in the solar system and upgrading them to increase the money that's rolling in, but in space, you're dealing with a criminal organization of space mobsters that want to take all of your money and have to fend them off with some decent dual-stick shooter gameplay. The one knock I have so far is that the action is a bit too frequent and can be a bigger distraction from the idle game part of it than I'd like, but with the ship upgrades you can buy, you can make that a bit less of an issue over time. The dialog chirp audio is the major annoyance early on since you get it coming out of your TV/audio system speakers and the controller speakers and the game is very heavy on tutorials before you can turn it down or off.

#10277 Lonely Boy  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

Burly Men at Sea: terrible name, neat little game.

$3.99 for a really quick adventure, but one that's designed to be played more than once with additional paths to uncover. Platinum in under 2 hours.

#10278 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:39 AM

IO has released a Spring Pack for Hitman that unlocks the Sapienza map and its various types of missions for those just on the free base game:

https://store.playst...00000SPRINGPACK

#10279 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3224 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

I grabbed Vostok Inc since that's on sale until tomorrow and have played a few hours of it. It's a pretty good spin on an idle game where you're controlling a spaceship that is setting up mining facilities on the different planets in the solar system and upgrading them to increase the money that's rolling in, but in space, you're dealing with a criminal organization of space mobsters that want to take all of your money and have to fend them off with some decent dual-stick shooter gameplay. The one knock I have so far is that the action is a bit too frequent and can be a bigger distraction from the idle game part of it than I'd like, but with the ship upgrades you can buy, you can make that a bit less of an issue over time. The dialog chirp audio is the major annoyance early on since you get it coming out of your TV/audio system speakers and the controller speakers and the game is very heavy on tutorials before you can turn it down or off.

Is the game cross buy with the vita version?

#10280 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2270 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steel Book version is now priced and live on amazon with the prime discount.  It's the same price as the standard edition.  This is one of the few games it took me no time to decide to preorder.   Now if Sega will just HD update Shenmue 1 & 2 and release them before 3 comes out.

#10281 mr.Dobalina   Minimalist gamer CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steel Book version is now priced and live on amazon with the prime discount.  It's the same price as the standard edition.  This is one of the few games it took me no time to decide to preorder.   Now if Sega will just HD update Shenmue 1 & 2 and release them before 3 comes out.

Thanks for the heads up, no hesitation on this one.

#10282 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Is the game cross buy with the vita version?

Not that I can see.

#10283 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Absolver - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps3: Armageddon Riders - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps3: BlazeRush - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps4: The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - $20.09 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

:ps4: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Morrowind Upgrade - $13.39 - 33% Off - Ends 3/28

:ps4: Epic Adventure Bundle - $25.49 - 15% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 12/31/20

PSVR Korix - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps3: Planets Under Attack - $2.39 - 70% Off - Ends 4/11

:ps4: Thimbleweed Park - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Freebies:

:ps4: Atelier Lydie & Suelle Custom Theme - Free

:ps4: Earthlock - Free for owners of Earthlock: Festival of Magic

:ps4: Gravel - Free car Acciona - Free

:ps4: Hitman - Spring Pack - Free

:ps4: Minefield - Free

New Releases:

PSVR Lunar Stone: Origin of Blood - $9.99

:ps4: Where Are My Friends? - $5.99

:ps4: World of Warriors - $19.99

Free 20% off coupon for the PS Store by completing one of the quests here:

https://live.playstation.com/

There are also a bunch of MLB quests for free packs and such for MLB 18 The Show.

#10284 TYBG   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

IO has released a Spring Pack for Hitman that unlocks the Sapienza map and its various types of missions for those just on the free base game:

https://store.playst...00000SPRINGPACK

Do you get access to the map/missions forever or is it a timed thing?

#10285 sp0rklez  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Every time ESO goes on sale I'm really tempted, but then I remember it looks (to me) more like World of Warcraft than Oblivion/Skyrim and also how I normally prefer solo games and I change my mind.

I realize it is an MMO, but I remember how annoying and/or toxic random people could be in WoW and I didn't enjoy that aspect of it at all.

#10286 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3123 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

If anyone happens to be preordering The Show anywhere and has no interest in playing Diamond Dynasty, I would love the opportunity to get your preorder codes.  I don't have much to trade but could PayPal a few bucks.  I will be asking in the trade forum as well, just figured I would put it out here also.

#10287 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:51 PM

Every time ESO goes on sale I'm really tempted, but then I remember it looks (to me) more like World of Warcraft than Oblivion/Skyrim and also how I normally prefer solo games and I change my mind.

I realize it is an MMO, but I remember how annoying and/or toxic random people could be in WoW and I didn't enjoy that aspect of it at all.

I feel the same way about any MMO games. Add to that list of complaints just the amount of time you have to invest in them and I RUN any time something is MMOish.

#10288 Lonely Boy  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

*sigh*

#10289 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67535 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Do you get access to the map/missions forever or is it a timed thing?

I don't think there are any restrictions on it as long as you grab it in the first place.

#10290 Lonely Boy  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

I bought Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator for a buck and change and played a couple hours last night. This could have been such a fun game but it's constructed so nonsensically at times, it does my head in. Obviously inspired by Pythonesque humor and the insult sword fighting of Monkey Island, but so dumb and plays out too slow. As expected, there was nobody available for online tournaments and the CPU battles were pretty dull and lifeless. One of the trophies involves playing for 100 rounds and that's not going to happen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP