* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#10351 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.

"(Gamertag), here's your PlayStation weekly update"

I have now received TWO 20% codes from Sony in a year! (last one i didn't even use lol)

#10352 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6612 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

I have now received TWO 20% codes from Sony in a year! (last one i didn't even use lol)

I never get those emails like many people mention, was thinking maybe it was listed in the PS Store like a past code was.

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.

My Trade List

#10353 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

For those of you on a PS4 Pro; does it have internal bluetooth support for things like the Gold Headset, or is the dongle still required? 

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.

#10354 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6612 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

For those of you on a PS4 Pro; does it have internal bluetooth support for things like the Gold Headset, or is the dongle still required?

All ps4s have Bluetooth, but on an OS level it does not support Bluetooth audio via headsets only from the controller for some stupid reason.

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.

My Trade List

#10355 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2872 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Wish I seen the email code before I bought vbucks for the battle pass on Fortnite... Oh well. If I don't find anything to buy before expiration, I'll give my codes away here again.

Subscribe on YouTube - GamersVlog

Share your gaming videos here - www.GamersVlog.com

#10356 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7450 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:24 PM

This week Gamestop is having a sale on select 2K digital content. The Mafia III season pass is $10. That's $5 less than the PS+ price in the current PSN sale. Nothing else seems to be cheaper than the current PS+ prices, but if you don't have PS+ then you can get things like the Bioshock Collection or the Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection for the PS+ sale price.

Here's a link to the on sale section for digital PS4 content (the same stuff is most likely on sale on Xbox One as well). It's not a PSN sale, but since it's digital content it might be useful in this topic.

https://www.gamestop...xu0,13a-162-1dc

how is the DLC?  I played the main game through and liked it but thought it was too long.  Just needed to end.

With the 20% off code I might just get the deluxe edition for under $20 (traded my disc long ago).

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#10357 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7450 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

So there is no base version of Horizon Zero dawn?  I have the first DLC already.  Don't want to buy the complete edition (and certainly wont at $49.99).

Guess I will have to pick up a cheap used disc at some point.

jimbo8574.pngjimbo8574.png

#10358 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3714 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

I have the exact same email...but from 2 weeks ago. Nothing this week, possibly because I already spent $100 recently and they dont want me to spend any more. Thank you PS!

#10359 Lonely Boy  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.

No, the email codes are unique (and separate from the live.playstation codes). While we're on the subject, I guess they disabled the ability to generate a second code when viewing the email as a web page? A lot of us did that last time and gave away our spare codes, but it seems they caught on.

#10360 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Flash sales usually happen on the third Friday of the month right? So tomorrow is a good chance of one?

#10361 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66899 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:33 PM

Flash sales usually happen on the third Friday of the month right? So tomorrow is a good chance of one?

It happened two weeks ago:

https://www.cheapass...1-am-et8-am-pt/

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#10362 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

It happened two weeks ago:

https://www.cheapass...1-am-et8-am-pt/

Why did I think that was in February?

#10363 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66899 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Don't Speak" by No Doubt - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/27

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "I Will Survive" by Cake - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/27

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/27

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/27

:ps4: :ps3: Rock Band 4 - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/27

:vita: Son of Scoregasm - $6.49 - 35% Off - Ends 4/12

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#10364 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Used the 20% off code from the email to nab NFS Payback Deluxe Edition. $25.59 is definitely a good deal for it digital. Saving the other code from the quest for the potential Easter sale.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#10365 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

Why did I think that was in February?

I will say, it is usually the 3rd weekend of the month. With rumors of an Easter sale, it's possible the reason they held it earlier this month was to make way for an Easter sale. No guarantee but I know I'm waiting until tomorrow to use my coupon.

www.vg-force.com

#10366 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

I will say, it is usually the 3rd weekend of the month. With rumors of an Easter sale, it's possible the reason they held it earlier this month was to make way for an Easter sale. No guarantee but I know I'm waiting until tomorrow to use my coupon.

wouldn't the Easter sale (if it's a flash sale) be next friday over the actual holiday?

I'm betting on the week long sale tuesday being the Easter sale.

Neither of the coupons expire till at least the 30th and i'm somewhat tempted on 1 item right now.. so either way i'm waiting.

#10367 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7581 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Don’t usually preorder stuff from GameStop but did with No Ni Kuni 2 due to trade bonuses. Just found out they’re letting us pick it up at 9 pm so psyched to be playing in a few hours!

#10368 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

Bloodborne is so much easier than the other souls games if you can get past the sword/board mentality that you developed. Rally mechanic makes it almost unfair. 

I don't think it's as easy because bow and arrow completely breaks most enemy AI in every Souls game (hard to believe it is still busted after 4 games) but I do agree it's not really a hard game, other than defiled amygdala and his stupid one shots. 

What I actually think makes Bloodborne easy though is how the parry mechanic works, the window for it is absurdly large compared to Souls and in a lot of cases you can actually parry outside of enemy melee range. I was awful at parrying in Souls but in Bloodborne I basically just visceral attacked my way through the entire game (though there are some bosses that can't be parried, but most weren't that hard anyway.) It's even more dumb if you get runes that makes visceral attacks heal you.

ZenaxPure.png

#10369 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3714 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:12 PM

You fuckers will make me play bloodborne from where I left off and I will continue dying where I left off. Sons of bitches...

#10370 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66899 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:13 PM

https://blog.us.play...0-to-22-on-ps4/

Defiance returns with Defiance 2050:

They're also doing a beta from 4/20 to 4/22 and are taking sign-ups now:

https://www.defiance....com/en/signup/

#10371 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   918 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

https://blog.us.play...0-to-22-on-ps4/

Defiance returns with Defiance 2015:

https://www.youtube....h?v=3QPP3INLLn4

They're also doing a beta from 4/20 to 4/22 and are taking sign-ups now:

https://www.defiance....com/en/signup/

2015 or 2050?

#10372 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66899 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:03 AM

2015 or 2050?

2050. Sorry.

#10373 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   918 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

2050. Sorry.

Darn! I was looking forward to a futuristic time travel adventure game.

Something like a dystopian future where they send a group back in time to save the future before it goes horribly wrong! To a time when the country was run by a sane president! To a time when social justice was a quaint idea before it went batshit crazy! When science was based on evidence and proven study rather than opinion! Before net neutrality started its stranglehold on the consumer! Back when toy stores were bountiful and happy! To a simpler time when artificial intelligence was for movies and not waging war against the human race! The good old days... back to 2015, when things made sense and they can put right what once went wrong and stop the slide towards destruction before it begins....

2015... a time of innocence and freedom... the time before the end was set in motion...

Or something like that

#10374 ResidentAlien(KM)   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3714 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ResidentAlien(KM)

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:55 AM

Darn! I was looking forward to a futuristic time travel adventure game.

2015... a time of innocence and freedom... the time before the end was set in motion...

Or something like that

I see we have a dreamer...

Spoiler

#10375 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

is there a solution to the "you are not eligible to download or purchase this content" message when trying to add a game to my cart?

has anyone else here had this problem?

The game sucks? Yeah? OK. Tell me about the achievements/trophies.

#10376 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:50 AM

is there a solution to the "you are not eligible to download or purchase this content" message when trying to add a game to my cart?

I had that problem when trying to claim some of the PS+ games for the month a couple weeks ago. Have no clue what suddenly caused it or how work around it. Sounds like it could be a glitch or bug. I gave up on trying to claim the other games when it happened.

I'm just trying to keep it together over here...

#10377 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:51 AM

That usually occurs when either

1) you already own the game but the page didnt properly load so shows a buy link instead of a download link.

2) you already own other versions of the game that make the one your are looking at pointless, like if you already own all the games in a bundle.

#10378 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1224 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Come on flash sale! Come on flash sale! No whammy no whammy STOP!

itfollows1.gif?w=750

#10379 RiPPn  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Come on flash sale! Come on flash sale! No whammy no whammy STOP!

2 flash sales in a month.. has that ever happened before?

RiPPn.png

#10380 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1224 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

2 flash sales in a month.. has that ever happened before?

Oh yea. Forgot there was one already. I just figured with Easter coming up...

itfollows1.gif?w=750