* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#2251 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

You mean like gonorrhea?  Or did you mean like orgasms?

source.gif

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant ... :lol:

10e4de2f-086d-45cc-b31d-916f81e4c4a8_tex

#2252 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

Wow. Here's a comparison video of Gal Gun on Vita vs PS4, and its night and day. Im playing it on a PS4 pro and the loading sign barely has time to even show up before its finished. Definitely the way to go. Oh, and this game is utterly ridiculous. Lol

#2253 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

Wow. Here's a comparison video of Gal Gun on Vita vs PS4, and its night and day. Im playing it on a PS4 pro and the loading sign barely has time to even show up before its finished. Definitely the way to go. Oh, and this game is utterly ridiculous. Lol

https://www.youtube....h?v=bzLxncEBr00

The load times are atrocious.

#2254 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9152 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

In the same video you can see the Vita lag a bit too during gameplay. Looks poorly honestly.

#2255 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4637 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

Okay, can someone with Gun Gal answer this?   Once the level is loaded, can you do quick level restarts?  Or do you need to go through the loading process every time?   [since it's an onrails shooter, I assume getting 'perfects' might be important, which often require restarts]

#2256 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36927 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Okay, can someone with Gun Gal answer this?   Once the level is loaded, can you do quick level restarts?  Or do you need to go through the loading process every time?   [since it's an onrails shooter, I assume getting 'perfects' might be important, which often require restarts]

If you're on PS4, I imagine restarting the level will take 1-2 seconds, but the Vita version will take 10+ seconds to restart a level.

But technically, to answer your question: Yes, you have to go through the loading process every time you restart a level.

#2257 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3408 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

The Gal Gun load times are completely unrealistic.  Should take a couple of hours between sessions in my experience...

#2258 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68351 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

For Fallout 4 players, a few Creation Club items are free for a limited time:

#2259 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

For Fallout 4 players, a few Creation Club items are free for a limited time:

The program is really dumb. From what I was reading too, is that all the Creation Club content is pre-downloaded onto whatever console/pc you're using and when you pay for said items, it just unlocks it. On PC the stuff was just free because all you had to do was enable some file. I assume this move is in response to that.

#2260 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6180 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

Unironic horse armor is unironic

#2261 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68351 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

Destiny 2 finally lets you know when you've done an activity to earn Clan XP, which is helpful.

The CAG Destiny 2 clan has reached level 2, which means we get extra glimmer with engrams.

#2262 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68351 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

No new deals, but there's a new freebie:

:ps4: observer Hologram Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Arcade Archives Haunted Castle - $7.99

:ps4: Arcade Archives NeoGeo Spin Master - $7.99

:ps4: Baja: Edge of Control HD - $29.99

:ps4: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - $29.99

:ps4: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Deluxe Bundle - $59.99

:ps4: Dishonored: The Complete Collection - $79.99

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - Venom Pack - $19.99

:ps4: MX vs ATV All In Edition - $29.99

:ps4: NBA Live 18: The One Edition - $40.19

:ps4: NHL 18 Standard Edition - $59.99

#2263 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

Yup

#2264 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

It probably won't happen, but I'm debating on moving from a 2 XB1/1 PS4 household to a 1 XB1/2 PS4 household. My question is that I currently have a 4TB external for my PS4 and would somehow like to mirror everything on both systems without downloading everything over since I have a data cap. There's still no way to do that though, right? As long as the only option is to "move" data and not "copy", I'm assuming I'm screwed.

Does the PS4 allow for the same profile to be primary on multiple consoles at least? I'm guessing I couldn't be logged into both at the same time if so. Could I at least plug and play the external drive into either without issues?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure I could Google some of it but I'd rather ask here first.

#2265 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

You can transfer data from one PS4 to another, it will not transfer it will just clone the drives. Speaking as someone that has two PlayStation pros and two Xbox ones I would not switch out that. The problem is that you have to set one as your primary and that's the only one that will update to the cloud automatically. So on your non-primary you need to re-download to save and re upload the save manually. Xbox really does make it easier having two systems.

#2266 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2371 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Destiny 2 finally lets you know when you've done an activity to earn Clan XP, which is helpful.

The CAG Destiny 2 clan has reached level 2, which means we get extra glimmer with engrams.

Sent you a PM regarding adding a member.

#2267 Master Shake   I AM IMMORTAL! CAGiversary!   1700 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Master Shake

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

I downloaded the dead by daylight trial but it says it expired.

Edit: Apparently the trial doesn't start until 4pm est... and its working now.

#2268 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Picked up The Evil Within when it was on crazy sale a few weeks back on PSN and finally finished it the other day. That game is fairly underrated imho. Significantly more difficult than any RE I've played and the best Silent Hill-type game I've played since SH3. Stoked on the sequel!

Now that that's wrapped up, I gotta pick up Titanfall 2 while it's on the low-low. 

#2269 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36927 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Picked up The Evil Within when it was on crazy sale a few weeks back on PSN and finally finished it the other day. That game is fairly underrated imho. Significantly more difficult than any RE I've played and the best Silent Hill-type game I've played since SH3. Stoked on the sequel!

Now that that's wrapped up, I gotta pick up Titanfall 2 while it's on the low-low. 

I think The Evil Within truly shone on Nightmare/Akumu mode, where new enemy placements really amped up the difficulty. I hope you get a chance to play at least the superb first two pieces of DLC (The Assignment & The Consequence).

#2270 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

I think The Evil Within truly shone on Nightmare/Akumu mode, where new enemy placements really amped up the difficulty. I hope you get a chance to play at least the superb first two pieces of DLC (The Assignment & The Consequence).

That's exactly what another friend CAG told me over PSN. Is there less ammo or are enemies stronger and placed differently on Nightmare? Considered rampaging through New Game + mode on Survivor for fun because of the weapons I unlocked.

#2271 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:59 PM

I've started hand of fate. I think it was on ps+ at one time. Really enjoying the gameplay and strategy. Even the dealer is really cool. Kinda the archenemy of the game on the sly but slowly tipping his hand at being out to get you.

#2272 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9152 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:13 AM

I've started hand of fate. I think it was on ps+ at one time. Really enjoying the gameplay and strategy. Even the dealer is really cool. Kinda the archenemy of the game on the sly but slowly tipping his hand at being out to get you.

Have fun. It gets easier as you unlock more and more stuff. I can't wait for the sequel!

#2273 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2975 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

What I enjoyed most about evil within was the stealth mechanics I got through the first 7 levels playing stealthy and saving on ammo and traps.akumu difficulty will test your patience like it's never been tested with cheap one hit kills.

#2274 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

We aren't judging you yet. Now if you tell us you bought that loli banana feeding game on the wii then yes we will have to execute you I'm afraid...

what game was this ?

#2275 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

You mean like gonorrhea? Or did you mean like orgasms?

lol oh ya i didn't notice i got auto corrected to organisms.
unless you think of sperm, which would also make sense than.

#2276 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36927 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

That's exactly what another friend CAG told me over PSN. Is there less ammo or are enemies stronger and placed differently on Nightmare? Considered rampaging through New Game + mode on Survivor for fun because of the weapons I unlocked.

Both. Just to give you some idea:

Spoiler

If you take on that difficulty, upgrading your Match capacity is an absolute must, followed by Stamina and Bullet Stock.

What I enjoyed most about evil within was the stealth mechanics I got through the first 7 levels playing stealthy and saving on ammo and traps.akumu difficulty will test your patience like it's never been tested with cheap one hit kills.

Agreed. Akumu feels so rewarding when you get past difficult/annoying sections (e.g., the start of Chapter 6, the slow-moving platform in Chapter 10). Evil Within 2 cannot get here soon enough. :joystick:

#2277 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4637 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

Hand of Fate and Rebel Galaxy are both amazing, two of my favorite 'hidden gems' this gen.

#2278 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6188 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

Just a quick reminder that everyone should pick up Axiom Verge for $9.99 and the Gamestop PC/Steamcode/Soundtrack Steelbook for $4.97 and sneak it into your PS4 collection.

Pro day has free shipping, so you can order any of the 10 indiebox/gametrust steelbooks if your local store isn't as awesome(?) as mine keeping these hidden in the back room for over a year in mint condition.

125842b1.jpg125843b1.jpg125841b1.jpg

(hyperlink will go to page showing all 10 titles)

#2279 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

I see that titles like Tactics ogre LUCT and the 3rd birthday as well as some psp FF titles on now $9.99. 

The web page doesn't say when the price will go back to $19.99 so is it a permanent price drop or a sale?

#2280 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68351 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

I see that titles like Tactics ogre LUCT and the 3rd birthday as well as some psp FF titles on now $9.99. 

The web page doesn't say when the price will go back to $19.99 so is it a permanent price drop or a sale?

They're permanent price drops, as they're not listed as sales.