$8 & $13 PS4/XBone/360 Games @ Family Dollar

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Forgot to post this the other day, but I was at my local Family Dollar and saw they had a cardboard shelf with some random 360/XBone/PS4 games for $8 and $13. Stopped at a second store that's 20-ish miles away today and saw they had them as well. Sadly, forgot both times to look if they were pre-owned. But actually some good games and some better than Gamestop's prices. Should also work with Family Dollar's $5 off $25 coupons they put in flyers about every week or two.

Anyway, games included...

$8

Fallout 3 +DLC edition (XBox 360/One)

Fallout New Vegas +DLC edition (360/One)

$13

Fallout 4 (only saw one at the store far from my house, for the XBox One, which is in a really rural area with a lot of old and highly religious folk i.e. Mennonites. Sort of doubt there will be many of these.)

Skyrim +DLC edition (360)

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4/XBOne)

Forget the price...

Mighty No. 9 (PS4/XBOne)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4/XBOne)

...almost positive one was $8, wanna say both were.

And some other ones that probably aren't worth it (NBA 2K16, FIFA 16 and Battleborn for $8) as well as some "crap" 360 games like that NatGeo Kinect title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didn't have anything new just old NES games. Had Stadium Events for $8 and 1990 Nintendo World Champions for $13.
Highly YMMV as mine, literally, had jack shit. Someone had defecated in the corner, near the refrigerated food section. The other 2 I checked, had no shit and no games, period. Denver btw

Mine didn't have anything new just old NES games. Had Stadium Events for $8 and 1990 Nintendo World Champions for $13.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most people won't get this reference. I did, and enjoyed it immensely.

Highly YMMV as mine, literally, had jack shit. Someone had defecated in the corner, near the refrigerated food section. The other 2 I checked, had no shit and no games, period. Denver btw
How much does jack shit go for these days? Might be interested.

Homestead Florida, snagged Halo 5, Mega Man Collection, Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas GOTY for $8 each. The box they were kept in said Used Games, but they were all brand new. Thanks OP.

Homestead Florida, snagged Halo 5, Mega Man Collection, Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas GOTY for $8 each. The box they were kept in said Used Games, but they were all brand new. Thanks OP.
Nice. I'm going to scour some more at other stores but picked up New Vegas and FIFA. They had alien isolation, Skyrim and a bunch of shovelware for $13.

Mine had the following
$8
Fallout New Vegas with DLC (360)
Mighty Number 9 (xbone+PS4)
Tomb Rader (360)
Duck Dynasty (Xbone)
Doom 3 bfg 360
$13
Skyrim with dlc 360 and PS3
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 PS4

There was an abundance of skyrim and tomb raider

Checked out the closest one to me tonight, and the main thing of note was FIFA 16 for 360 and NBA 2K16 for 360, both for $8 a piece. Looked new as well. They both currently trade for $16.50 at Gamestop w/ PUR, and up to $28.05 with the current extra trade credit deal. I'll scope out the other nearby stores later this week.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Checked out the closest one to me tonight, and the main thing of note was FIFA 16 for 360 and NBA 2K16 for 360, both for $8 a piece. Looked new as well. They both currently trade for $16.50 at Gamestop w/ PUR, and up to $28.05 with the current extra trade credit deal. I'll scope out the other nearby stores later this week.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Sorry to nitpick, but your math is a little off, and I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up if they go to GS expecting 28.05 for FIFA or NBA 2K16. The way to figure out how much they trade in for using the current deal (Trade in 6, get a 60% bonus) is to multiply the base by 1.7 (.10 for the PUR card, .60 for the promo, and the 1.00 is the base value). In this case, either game for the 360 trades in at $15. The PUR 10% bonus is $1.50. The 60% bonus is $9. Add them all together, and you get $25.50. Still a phenomenal amount for old sports games, especially if you're getting them for $8.

Thankfully, returning GTA V went smoothly. Although they didn't believe me when I explained the game was missing a disc, so it went back on the shelf.

Went to 2 stores, saw many other titles than others have posted. None were deals though and not worth flipping. Street Fighter V, The Dwarves PS4, Golf Club Collectors Edition PS4, Deadpool 360, Madden 15, NBA 2k15 ps3, South Park ps3, ultimate stealth pack ps3...

Found a Fifa 16 360 at each which will make it worth my trip but was hoping for more. Both stores are in small towns so was hoping they wouldn't be picked over but no such luck. Will check some stores in town later this week.

Went to 2 stores, saw many other titles than others have posted. None were deals though and not worth flipping. Street Fighter V, The Dwarves PS4, Golf Club Collectors Edition PS4, Deadpool 360, Madden 15, NBA 2k15 ps3, South Park ps3, ultimate stealth pack ps3...

Found a Fifa 16 360 at each which will make it worth my trip but was hoping for more. Both stores are in small towns so was hoping they wouldn't be picked over but no such luck. Will check some stores in town later this week.
deadpool makes good filler if it was $8, its $8 base at GS right now

Thanks for posting this. I was able to get FIFA 16 but that's it. The remainder was Star Wars and Madden 16. Going to try another one later.

Anybody in Iowa at the moment? Checked out the Family Dollar on Fleur, couldn't find any games and they looked at me as if I insulted their family after asking if they carried any. 

Sorry to nitpick, but your math is a little off, and I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up if they go to GS expecting 28.05 for FIFA or NBA 2K16. The way to figure out how much they trade in for using the current deal (Trade in 6, get a 60% bonus) is to multiply the base by 1.7 (.10 for the PUR card, .60 for the promo, and the 1.00 is the base value). In this case, either game for the 360 trades in at $15. The PUR 10% bonus is $1.50. The 60% bonus is $9. Add them all together, and you get $25.50. Still a phenomenal amount for old sports games, especially if you're getting them for $8.
Crap - thanks for the heads up. Ah well, even down three bucks, it's a great flip.

I can't even entertain this, I still have 288 friggin Game Cube games, of which I've only played about 20% of....had to stop going to this website for this reason....(yes Damn it I'm old) and I like to buy beer 😀... I'm only back at it on cheapassgamer right now because I want a Super NES Classic......so far with the pre-order debacle, it doesn't look like I'm going to get one at this point

I had to ask at the two stores I went to. They were behind the register to avoid theft. However you couldn't see them because they were buried in returns and other crap.
Yeah I could believe that especially seeing the shape my store was in. Maybe they were hiding them. I didn't ask.

Went to four stores so far, the ritziest if you will, the one that looked most like a CVS, didn't have any games. Was so swamped didn't think to ask if they were hidden under register. Strange if that one in the closest to a nice neighborhood would have. The most ghetto one, looked like it had been looted for a hurricane yet all the items were still there. Had games, but none of the flippers.

Got at least one 360 FIFA and one PS FIFA at each of the two other stores. There's still four more stores in my area, I'll have to check out but I don't have high hopes. Each store that did have games had like seven Madden 16s and Elder Scrolls Onlines, but Fifa and NBA pretty much non existent.

Every copy of GTA5 I saw at those three stores today was Disc One Only making the game worthless and unplayable. This is a company wide error.

picked up fallout new Vegas UE for $8 on Xbox 360. They had grand theft auto V for Xbox 360 but it was only the install disc (disc1) and did not include the play disc (disc 2) so I opted to pass. They had FIFA 16 (Canadian version) for both Xbox 360 an Xbox One, but I already have several copies to trade in.

Went to two more stores this evening. Picked up a couple copies each of FIFA16 for 360 and PS3. Also Skyrim and New Vegas as fillers to trade to Gamestop. Turned $53 into $118 in trade credit in about an hour.

Went to four stores so far, the ritziest if you will, the one that looked most like a CVS, didn't have any games. Was so swamped didn't think to ask if they were hidden under register. Strange if that one in the closest to a nice neighborhood would have. The most ghetto one, looked like it had been looted for a hurricane yet all the items were still there.
Yeah,same for me. The nicest store is the only one that had the games behind the counter.

I went to three stores and picked up three FIFAs and one NBA 2K16. Haven't seen Skyrim yet. But I guess I'm lucky enough that my GTA V was complete.

bread's done
Back