* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Black Friday 2017

#31 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

Maybe I’ll pick up the translucent DualShock 4. Not bad on a couple games. Too bad I still have Evio Within, AC Origins, and South Park sealed. Was hoping the TCL P605 would get a discount.

Just return them. Im gonna do that with wolfenstein 2 since I still have it sealed as well.

#32 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2690 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

Just return them. Im gonna do that with wolfenstein 2 since I still have it sealed as well.

Ehhh not worth the effort. With the preorder certs, I only paid around $3 more per title.

Am I the only one that has trouble viewing the bestbuy ad? It’s constantly bouncing me to a “blank page”.
bleedingwicked.png

#33 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2392 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

Not bad.

nihilence.png

#34 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:14 AM

Jesus Christ there's a couple of games and Blurays that i'm getting. 

Also, did notice that there's the overhead Sony Headphones for $125 which by what i've heard are very good. 

#35 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

Skyrim is the exact same price it was last year on Black Friday. Figured it'd be down to $15 by now.

#36 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6361 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

i have a switch with 2 pro controllers and mario odyssey brand new is it worth playing or not really if i have a pc?

Yes. Mario and Zelda are GOTYs. The Switch is 100% worth owning, this coming from another pc gamer

#37 dVeLoPe  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:21 AM

Yes. Mario and Zelda are GOTYs. The Switch is 100% worth owning, this coming from another pc gamer

i was never a zelda fan but grew up on mario 64 and whatnot and loved it but im like almost 30 now so i dont know how i feel about mario

#38 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

Damn! Was tryna hold back this year, but some of these prices too good to pass up

Fantastic ad. I doubt Walmart beats this.

#39 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3583 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Not bad. But kind of weird that some of the games' current prices with GCU are like $1 more expensive than BF prices.  Still, I'll pick up a few things.

#40 Lil Frier  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

Some decent prices, but Forza Horizon 3 is $15 at Target, vs. $25 at Best Buy, which is lame. Also, LOL that Black Ops 3 is $10 more than Infinite Warafe, as if I needed a reminder of just how dead Infinity Ward is to me.  G900 at $75 seems like a MUCH better deal than the G903 at $120, and if you want wired, the G502 at $30 for the non-RGB ($50 for RGB) seems like a great offering.

$350 on the Oculus Rift is mighty tempting as well, though I am still waiting to see if Microsoft can give me an excuse (SteamVR support) to get one of the WMR headsets that don't require external sensors instead. I also probably need to start looking into a good keyboard to replace my Steelseries Apex, but I've yet to see anything all that appealing.

Lastly, LOL at all of the complaints about how games are so expensive to develop and publishers crying poor with their DLC and microtransactions. You're putting games at 40-50% off a couple of months after launch, guy. I'm not buying you're going broke. Shadow of War needs microtransactions, but it's $30? Riiiiiiight.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#41 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2392 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

That 4tb drive is now mine.

nihilence.png

#42 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Mario for $60. Niiiiiiice 

#43 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2690 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

i was never a zelda fan but grew up on mario 64 and whatnot and loved it but im like almost 30 now so i dont know how i feel about mario

If you enjoyed Mario 64, Odyssey is almost like a sequel. I’m really enjoying it. Currently at 530 moons.
bleedingwicked.png

#44 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

marineal

In for Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 at $25. In for Dishonored 2 at $15. Might get Disgaea Switch for $20. Everything else is ok.

So far Target has a better price on FF15 $15, and Skyrim $15.

#45 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

I think Wolfenstein II at $25 less than a month after release is one of the best Black Friday deals I've ever seen.

#46 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Wow, surprisingly planning to get a lot of stuff.

In for knack 2, dragon ball z switch, rayman switch and sonic switch, might consider evil within 2 and forza since I heard it looks awesome on the x. Yakuza and the clear dualshock are also tempting me damn it.

Probably going to jump on some of the 4K movies for 9.99 too.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#47 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Stache

I hope that GameStop's prices are at least similar to these, because I have over $200 in credit to use.

#48 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6361 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Same. Mario 64 is my all time favorite game. I don’t care if I’m 30, or what others think. My friends and I all have it and love it. We have wives/girlfriends, social lives etc, everybody loves Mario.

#49 Lil Frier  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

If you like the games on tap, yeah/

Kinda the same (though not quite 30, haha). I never cared for Zelda growing up. Tried Ocarina or Time and was immediately bored. Tried Wind Waker (free with MK8​ on my Wii U), and it was just a drag. They're both big on length tutorial nonsense that turns you off if you don't want your hand held. I also toyed with my teacher's Switch and Breath of the Wild​ for a few minutes in class during the spring, and if seems fine. I couldn't gather enough information to have it really mean anything as far as game quality goes, but it seems neat.

Mario games on the other hand, much more my bag. I'm disappointed there still isn't a 2-D Mario platformer on the Switch, porting Super Mario Maker​ seemed like an obvious plan. Since there is no Switch sale, I don't see a reason to jump in right now. Odyssey​ looks quite good, but it's the only Switch release I have interest in, since I played MK8​ on Wii U and had the chance to get Pokken​ on Wii U, but passed because of the lack of content (though it has more now and is thereby more appealing). Still a lot of missing content for me on the Switch, but it seems to be coming. I would love a decent ​Mario PartyMario Golf and Tennis​, and proper installments of Animal Crossing​Fire Emblem, and Pokémon (both the main RPG and a Pokémon Stadium​-like successor, for that last request). I don't see the console as worth owning for just Mario, if that's all that grabs your attention, especially with their incredibly expensive peripherals.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#50 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6361 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

I think Wolfenstein II at $25 less than a month after release is one of the best Black Friday deals I've ever seen.

That’s about all it’s worth imho. I got it $35 on cdkeys and I wish i would’ve rented it on Xbox and rushed through it. It’s not bad but I liked new order and old blood both better

#51 bondgirl  

bondgirl

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Can’t wait for the CAG Black Friday gaming speadsheet to plan my attack.

Me too. I'm excited just thinking about it.

#52 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

yakuza, knack 2, dishonored, maybe injustice 2 for me. my main want is sonic forces ps4 so hoping for an unadvertised deal for that. were the cyber monday deals the same as black friday last year?

#53 E_Man   Classically Trained!! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Horizon:

• Best Buy - $19.99
  • Target $25

Resident Evil VII:

• Best Buy - $19.99
  • Target - $15

Come on Best Buy. You almost got a perfect score from me.

Now Playing:

:ps2: - Samurai Showdown Anthology

:ps3: - Doom 3

:ps4: - The King of Fighters XIV 

:gba: - Mega Man Zero

:wiiu: - Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

#54 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1257 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

In for Uncharted TLL(which I'll buy now actually) and Disagea 5.

Will think about Yakuza, Everybody's golf, and Dropmix.

Disappointed that Mario and Rabbids refuses to go on sale.

#55 Holdmyown83   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Holdmyown83

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

Best Buy is looking good this year. The only question I have is: is there going to be any of the not applying the GCU discount nonsense this year?

Good thing is the some items will most likely be sold before or after for the same price with GCU. Make sure to check the DOTD for the rest of the year basically LOL

#56 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Neither retailer listed The Witcher 3 CE

chasing_echoes.png

#57 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

No Cod Ww2 :(

#58 Flo25  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

No Cod Ww2 :(

wha  39.99 door buster

#59 dVeLoPe  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

if anyone has gcu and is in miami or fort lauderale apparantly best buy is cancelling orders on my account no matter the payment type i choose and i have gcu aswell but theirs an issue with my account =\

i really want to get a copy of the uncharted lost legacy to try out on my brand new ps4 pro and 4k samsung someone help!

#60 SeanTM22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Does GCU still apply to BF games or was that changed?