Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I'm glad the ads come out early. Gives me time to settle down and convince myself I don't need 7 new games.... just like 4 instead 😁

Is Shadow of War not on sale?
Hmm, I didn’t see it either. It probably will be during that time just didn’t make the add. I remember last year they had some surprises in their website leading up to BF.

Edit: Doorbuster $30 Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know if the Black Friday Ad Deal stuff that is on sale now would be on sale in store? They have the ScanDisk 128GB micro SD card for $30 online would be nice to use the $5 off mystery code to make it $25. 

As for Black Friday probably only get Bioshock Collection and a few 3 month xbox live cards.

some decent deals but not that great for newer titles.. i remember when GCU used to stack.. and stuff like nba 2k17 assassins creed etc.. was 23.99 .. but either way decent deals especially for switch games :)

Anybody know if the Black Friday Ad Deal stuff that is on sale now would be on sale in store? They have the ScanDisk 128GB micro SD card for $30 online would be nice to use the $5 off mystery code to make it $25.

As for Black Friday probably only get Bioshock Collection and a few 3 month xbox live cards.
no obviously not active till black friday lol

Is Shadow of War not on sale?
When I looked on the app, it was in the spot with Destiny 2, Madden, and something else for $29.99, so it should be.

Also, some of these deals are great, but I remember last year that a lot of the game prices were the same on Cyber Monday, and GCU *does* work then, so PSA to people who have patience (ha!) or like talking to customer service for credit back (which is what I ended up doing last year).

When I looked on the app, it was in the spot with Destiny 2, Madden, and something else for $29.99, so it should be.

Also, some of these deals are great, but I remember last year that a lot of the game prices were the same on Cyber Monday, and GCU *does* work then, so PSA to people who have patience (ha!) or like talking to customer service for credit back (which is what I ended up doing last year).
yeah all the games except for like 1 or 2 were also on sale on cyber monday :) and GCU applied

also keep in my they will NOT price adjust even though its 2 days later lol i tried that year but they said they wont fix anything to do with black friday prices

yeah all the games except for like 1 or 2 were also on sale on cyber monday :) and GCU applied

also keep in my they will NOT price adjust even though its 2 days later lol i tried that year but they said they wont fix anything to do with black friday prices
Just do a return and buy the same game so GCU applies. I did that with Mafia 3 last year.

Will Best Buy price match during the early sales for Elite and Elite Plus members the Monday before Thanksgiving and are within your 30/45 day price match window? 

Best Buy has set the bar with a great ad...will Walmart step up to the task?

Either way, Target has already lost.

Gamestop is the wildcard, though I have low expectations for them as well.

I just ordered that item for in store pickup. That's one way to do it.

The overall ad isn't bad. The have some of the deals running now for "early" BF but nothing too special other than the 128gb micro sd for $29.99. So anybody needs that for a tablet or Switch, that should be a good grab.

In for :

Knack 2
Evil Within 2
Shadow of War
Nier (maybe)
AC : Origins
South Park
Forza 7
Need For Speed : Payback
Mass Effect : Andromeda - they're going to end up giving this one away practically.
Super Bomberman R (maybe)
Sonic Forces (maybe)

I also agree Agents of Mayhem should be among these.

I was hoping for a deal on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but oh well.

$39.99

Call of Duty WWII

$29.99

NBA 2k18

Madden NFL 18

FIFA 18

Destiny 2

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

My Bad fellow CAGers

Persona for $30 worth it? Or will that drop to $20 eventually?

Fire Emblem Echoes at $30... disappointing considering Birthright/Conquest were $25 each last year.

And where the hell is Metroid?

Hoping all of this is included in the early access sale. I'm hoping to get my buying out of the way early. Also remember folks many of these games will be this cheap or cheaper again in the near future. The Nintendo stuff probably not so much, but stuff like AC Origins and Wolfenstein 2 will absolutely be on sale again.
Yea getting some of these Blu rays early would lighten my load to carry back home on BF

Is it just me or is the ad very confusing with doorbusters? I'm seeing banners saying more deals revealed on Friday & Saturday which I'm guessing means the week of BF and not this week. Just seems stupid to me that they'd hold back some mystery deals for those days when it's already going to be confusing what sales are going on everywhere. Very easy to get lost in the shuffle or even be noticed. Just let us plan dammit. :bomb:

Is it just me or is the ad very confusing with doorbusters? I'm seeing banners saying more deals revealed on Friday & Saturday which I'm guessing means the week of BF and not this week. Just seems stupid to me that they'd hold back some mystery deals for those days when it's already going to be confusing what sales are going on everywhere. Very easy to get lost in the shuffle or even be noticed. Just let us plan dammit. :bomb:
Maybe they want to see what sales Walmart and Amazon before listing anything else for BF? That would be my guess.

Zero Dawn and Injustice 2 for $20 each is tempting.  But I've gone digital to game share and still got backlog.  I need to break the habit of buying during BF and not even play them.  I still have a couple of PS3 games sealed from way back lol.

Shit, I just bought Wolfenstein. Will I be able to price match if I'm Elite or should I just buy it, and return it using my old receipt since it falls within the 30 day return window?

Shit, I just bought Wolfenstein. Will I be able to price match if I'm Elite or should I just buy it, and return it using my old receipt since it falls within the 30 day return window?
Price-matching isn't allowed during the Thanksgiving - Black Friday period (though who knows if it'd be allowed during Early Access), so buying then returning is the safer bet.

Damn Wolfenstein for 25 is a great deal. No mention of Dark Souls 3 or Xcom 2 shame cuz those were what I'll really wanted. So far for me its BioShock, Dishonored, Rayman Legends, and Nier. Probably get some 4k for 10 as well

I bought the X1 Shadow of War on the DOTD yesterday for $40. I’m certainly not doorbusting on Black Friday to save $10, however I will probably not pick it up and then wait for B2G1 and pick it up w AC Origins and something else for $32 ea. Otherwise I’m not sure there 3 titles I want for that promo.

I'm doing the latter for Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2. I have Elite Plus so I'm cutting it close with EW2.

Hope NBA 2k is Switch also. So far for games I'm looking at:

DBX2 (S)

NBA 2K (S) If available

Assassins Creed Origins (X1)

I wonder if they will goof on Doom and release the Switch version for $15... We will see the night of. Hopefully they have the gcu glitch like last year too.

Damn Wolfenstein for 25 is a great deal. No mention of Dark Souls 3 or Xcom 2 shame cuz those were what I'll really wanted. So far for me its BioShock, Dishonored, Rayman Legends, and Nier. Probably get some 4k for 10 as well
Dark Souls 3 is 5 bucks used through Red Box if you are lucky enough to find a copy in your area.

It's a great time to have a $20 reward certificate to burn. It's either gonna be Evil Within 2 or Need for Speed. It will probaly be both the more I think about it. I'll complete them sometime in 2018.

Does anyone know if the BB or Target PSVR bundles are the versions with HDR passthrough? Both are pretty tempting considering what they offer, but I'd like to have that feature before possibly pulling the trigger. Thanks!

Wow I have zero interest in anything. All of the low end prices are just about as equal as they were last year and not as low as I would want. Good luck to anyone finding what they want.

Does anyone know if the BB or Target PSVR bundles are the versions with HDR passthrough? Both are pretty tempting considering what they offer, but I'd like to have that feature before possibly pulling the trigger. Thanks!
The Skyrim bundle is the only one that will include the new version of the headset so far.

Let's hope that Cyber Monday deals match to what I see here. I'm out of town unfortunately (out of the country) until I get back on Cyber Monday.

bread's done
Back