Best Buy Black Friday 2017

games barely a month old are on sale for 25 - 35 bucks, how cheap should they be?
1. the prices are about what I expected so not suprised

2. theres a lot of older games that I would of liked to get for cheap. like deus ex mankind divided, mirrors edge catalyst, far cry primal, but they just seem to be forgotten

I am looking at the archive of last years sales and it seems that Target/Walmart was the ones to do an $8 bin. I am not sure if these are all the deals for best buy, but I would love a cheap older games bin to pick up some stuff I have yet to play.

all these blu rays with digital copies for less than 10...some as low as 4 bucks........

this is gold for everyone out there who needs gifts for friends who like movies, especially comic book ones

all these blu rays with digital copies for less than 10...some as low as 4 bucks........

this is gold for everyone out there who needs gifts for friends who like movies, especially comic book ones
It works out for me every year as I use the digital copies to recoup some Black Friday costs and my fellow cag's who do digital benefit as well. Everyone wins !

This, and I'm almost certain the Black Friday deals that ended up carrying on through the weekend last year had GCU applied to them as I remember being slightly annoyed AC: Syndicate and Far Cry: Primal were showing the discount by the weekend after buying them when the sale went live on Thanksgiving.
Think u may b confusing some sales... You probably got AC Syndicate from another non BF BBY sale because during BF 2016, AC Syndicate Standard/Limited/Gold editions were on sale for $8 at Walmart & Target or $7.60 at Target with Red Card. I don't think anyone got AC Syndicate at BBY during Thanksgiving wknd in 2016...

Anyone remember if legend editions/collectors/special/deluxe editions went on sale too on Black Friday? I really want that damn uncharted 4 collector’s edition to go on sale I’ve been waiting forever. Also that nfl goat edition

Thanks whoever bumped the thread. Got Horizon for $14.99 with store pickup. After GCU and $1 OFF store pickup.

Deals are so-so this year. More interested in picking up movies for cheap this time around. Maybe it’s my game backlog that’s telling me it’s OK to wait six more months when the games I’m interested in fall to better prices.

Damn, some good deals this BF. Will be out of the country then unfortunately.. oh well, it's not like I need any more games in my life lol.

i have a switch with 2 pro controllers and mario odyssey brand new is it worth playing or not really if i have a pc?
Get rid of the PC, buy a Switch with Mario Odyssey and Breath of The Wild, and live happy.

GCU does work on cyber Monday. Last year Most of the games from black friday were on sale for the same price but it was even better because GCU stacked. Bit of a gamble but we'll see if it happens again this year.
You can always just buy them on Black Friday, and if GCU does apply on Cyber Monday, buy them again, and return all your BF stuff.

Anyone remember if legend editions/collectors/special/deluxe editions went on sale too on Black Friday? I really want that damn uncharted 4 collector’s edition to go on sale I’ve been waiting forever. Also that nfl goat edition
i was the one who posted horizon zero dawn was in stock =b

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn again. Will be looking forward to getting Wolfenstein 2 for 24.99 and possibly picking up Forza 7.

I remember the Dishonored 2 CE went on sale last BF weekend, but I don't think it happens that often.

I remember the Dishonored 2 CE went on sale last BF weekend, but I don't think it happens that often.
If any CE deals happen it would likely be the "unadvertised" variety, the stealth black friday deal, which for all practical purposes just an opportunity to clearance them out of stores that still have them. It wouldn't necessarily be part of their black friday "plans" (as far as all the special bins and temporary displays they set up all over the place).

I'm not into CE for games, but I know they do have random unadvertised deals on black friday sometimes.

I would be all over Xenoverse if it had the first one on the switch. Bayonetta included both games on the Wii U.
The Switch version has a download on the eShop for the story mode from the first game. I don't know if it's still free or not (it was at launch), but it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time they only had a very small selection of games for early access. My guess would be AC: Origins, ULL, Horizon and maybe a few more for early access. They already have ULL and Horizon on sale though.

A few good deals but I'm only here for the price glitches. If they don't top the $100 Galaxy S8+ glitch I'll be eternally disappointed.

$50 iPhone X ftw.

Last time they only had a very small selection of games for early access. My guess would be AC: Origins, ULL, Horizon and maybe a few more for early access. They already have ULL and Horizon on sale though.
I'm pretty sure the whole ad is available except for doorbuster items.

LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER for the Nintendo Switch is not listed in the ad..last week at gamestop it was 19.99 assumed this would be the price on BF but now its jumped to 39.99 :(

God if only eBay gift cards and e-gift cards didn’t die, I’d still be a Best Buy elite. I don’t even boomerang or move credits anymore. I don’t even know how Best Buy trade ins are like now but I’m guessing not that good anymore. RIP flipping days

This is correct. Much like U2 is a great band for people who really aren't that into music, the Switch is a great console for people who really aren't that into gaming.
Or people like myself. Who are very much into gaming, but only have time to play while commuting to and from work cause they have a new born and don't have time at home to game.

Or people like myself. Who are very much into gaming, but only have time to play while commuting to and from work cause they have a new born and don't have time at home to game.
Oh yeah, it's very good for that. I have a 2-year old and Mario and Zelda are pretty much the only games I feel comfortable playing in front of him. I would feel starved for games if I only had a Switch, but it has it's advantages.

This is correct. Much like U2 is a great band for people who really aren't that into music, the Switch is a great console for people who really aren't that into gaming.
What is this based on? There's plenty of games on the Switch for people who are really into gaming LOL.Sure, you can't rely on it completely for a gaming fix if you have a broad taste, but that's because it was just released. Lots of people with Switches I've met are really into gaming and have other consoles and/or a PC gaming rig.

What is this based on? There's plenty of games on the Switch for people who are really into gaming LOL. I practically use all my Bing Rewards and lately my Best Buy rewards towards getting all the Neo Geo games I like on it. Casual gamers aren't really into arcade games LOL. Sure, you can't rely on it completely for a gaming fix if you have a broad taste, but that's because it was just released. Lots of people with Switches I've met are really into gaming and have other consoles and/or a PC gaming rig. You're just assuming shit.

Yeah, we get it, it's not 1080p/60fps portably and has limitations. To me, it's a portable device foremost, just because the portability is what hampers it's docked performance since all devs have to develop with portability in mind. It's great as a companion to another device if you care so much for better performance. Performance sure never stopped other consoles and handhelds from being successful LOL.
I was just poking fun at the guy who recommended that someone sell their PC and get a Switch. I agree that the Switch has several games that are great, but anyone who really loves gaming--as opposed to just really loving Nintendo--would have a gaping hole in the their catalog (and their heart) if they just owned a Switch. I'm assuming that other guy was just kidding too, but selling a PC and getting a Switch is basically the equivalent of a car enthusiast selling his collection of classic cars for a Prius (not that there's anything wrong with a Prius--they've very practical).

I saw a few people ask about getting the 8TB in store. I went in today and the store was sold out. I had a guy check on the computer and he said all stores in this district were sold out and there weren’t any in the distribution centers.

I saw a few people ask about getting the 8TB in store. I went in today and the store was sold out. I had a guy check on the computer and he said all stores in this district were sold out and there weren’t any in the distribution centers.
Is that the 8TB Western Digital drive for 129? Yeah its sold out everywhere apparently..I wanted to get it for my XBOX ONE X but Ive been reading that the drive is super noisy so not even sure I even want it

Is the Switch system going to be on sale anywhere or bundled with a game???  Or am I just better off buying now before the holiday shopping insanity?

Is the Switch system going to be on sale anywhere or bundled with a game??? Or am I just better off buying now before the holiday shopping insanity?
Won't be on sale anywhere. If bundled, it'll be at MSRP, or whatever they throw in will be pointless/not worth it. If you really want it, then buy it now and save the head/heartache.

Me? Waiting til at least next holiday when the system WILL have discounted deals. In zero hurry for the Switch.

BB will stock them by the early access to members, and hold some more for the general BF day. No way did they sell through their inventory when it is an advertised deal.

BB will stock them by the early access to members, and hold some more for the general BF day. No way did they sell through their inventory when it is an advertised deal.
Obviously. I, and others, wanted to pick one up now. There were quite a few posts asking if they were available in store and no one had an answer.

I was just poking fun at the guy who recommended that someone sell their PC and get a Switch. I agree that the Switch has several games that are great, but anyone who really loves gaming--as opposed to just really loving Nintendo--would have a gaping hole in the their catalog (and their heart) if they just owned a Switch. I'm assuming that other guy was just kidding too, but selling a PC and getting a Switch is basically the equivalent of a car enthusiast selling his collection of classic cars for a Prius (not that there's anything wrong with a Prius--they've very practical).
Agreed. The Switch is a SECOND device for gamers at all interested in making sure they can play the latest and greatest from anyone other than Nintendo. This, of course, happens to also be the most serious problem for the machine. The fact is the people who are buying are largely already in possession of a PS4 or Xbox One, meaning most are getting it for Nintendo's games. That doesn't do much for all the other publishers, which is exactly what led to the scintilla of quality software on the Wii, the death of the Wii U, and ... well, maybe a similar tune for the Switch? We'll see in a year or so. It's not good that EA has come out and said it'll reserve judgment. No system has survived without EA support, whether love em or hate em.

My Wii U is 90% Nintendo games. I cared nothing for the 3rd parties on that machine. That's the only reason I'd buy a Switch. How does that work out for anyone else? It doesn't.

I wonder if the Friday Doorbusters will work on Brown Thursday...I'd get COD just to play the story for $40 since they rarely dip below that. Definitely in for Wolfenstein 2, maybe any Switch titles I don't have, but buying like 3 games on 11/17 for it already!

Just went to a BBY tonight and BF prep is already in full effect, the hundreds of TVs taking up the aisles, everything shifted around, a lot of j-u-n-k everywhere...love it!

bread's done
Back