Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I'm doing the latter for Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2. I have Elite Plus so I'm cutting it close with EW2.

Hope NBA 2k is Switch also. So far for games I'm looking at:

DBX2 (S)

NBA 2K (S) If available

Assassins Creed Origins (X1)

I wonder if they will goof on Doom and release the Switch version for $15... We will see the night of. Hopefully they have the gcu glitch like last year too.
After looking at the ad and clicking the links, it only showed the XB1 and PS4 versions of NBA 2K18. Who knows it might change before then.

I was looking to pick up Switch versions of LA Noire and NBA 2K18 for cheap but it looks like that want happen. The only game I want now is Assassins Creed Origins (XB1).

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a CAG joke asking if GCU stacks with BF, but now I'm extra confused again.

Horizon and Uncharted available for purchase today being clearly labeled as BLACK FRIDAY AD DEAL, and GCU applies???

I thought it was a CAG joke asking if GCU stacks with BF, but now I'm extra confused again.

Horizon and Uncharted available for purchase today being clearly labeled as BLACK FRIDAY AD DEAL, and GCU applies???
Correct so if you want those get them now. I still feel a bit crazy i didn't hesitate for the 8 TB HD, but I have an old Maxtor external 500 GB one that is pretty old by now that I will likely retire soon. I have another 500gb external drive as my main backup drive. I would buy the 4TB one too for something like the PS4, but I need to be more choosy right now.

I'll quote myself on this:

No, those games are in the "Black Friday Ad Deal" selection, which is different than from the expected Elite/Elite Plus preview sale, which typically has most things in the ad on sale (excluding doorbusters) and from the actual BF sale. In those sales, GCU doesn't apply.

Basically, think of this like BB is price matching their own future sale and GCU can be applied because of that.

Not bad. Not bad at all. There's actually TOO much stuff I want out of this ad. Fallout 4 GOTY. Overwatch GOTY.

Target, this is how you do it. 

My only complaint is I wish for better deals on IPAD Pro. I'm in the market for a new tablet, and since they never updated Ipad Mini 4 I don't know what to get (currently have Mini 2). Wish I had grabbed the Mini 4 when it was $225. 

I did not really need it but that 4TB external for $79.99 was too good to pass up. I am glad I did not see the 8TB drive because I would have most likely done that but it really is overkill.  I will have 8TB now which I hope is enough for awhile.

I'll probably get Evil Within 2 and Monopoly Switch.

I'd get Yooka Laylee, but $15 doesn't seem like a very good deal when the normal price is $20.

I'll probably get Evil Within 2 and Monopoly Switch.

I'd get Yooka Laylee, but $15 doesn't seem like a very good deal when the normal price is $20.
Yooka Laylee is making the clearance rounds at Target. They started with an MSRP of $30 though, so you'll have to wait for 50-70% off to make it worthwhile.

Usually the first week of December is when Best Buy has those buy 2 get 1 free on ALL games right..cause the Switch games that I want, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, are NOT on sale

Best Buy WINS Black Friday! Having the GOTY on sale for $20 is all I need to see. I have a Knack two see these things.

After looking at the ad and clicking the links, it only showed the XB1 and PS4 versions of NBA 2K18. Who knows it might change before then.

I was looking to pick up Switch versions of LA Noire and NBA 2K18 for cheap but it looks like that want happen. The only game I want now is Assassins Creed Origins (XB1).
Yeah, I forgot that LA Noire was coming out next week. Doom tomorrow. I'm rebuying all these games on Switch because I want them on the go.

I saw NBA 2K in the ad and in the Target ad, both the same price. Just hope it includes the switch version as well. Guess we will see.

Yeah, I forgot that LA Noire was coming out next week. Doom tomorrow. I'm rebuying all these games on Switch because I want them on the go.

I saw NBA 2K in the ad and in the Target ad, both the same price. Just hope it includes the switch version as well. Guess we will see.
Yeah I don’t have time on PS4 for an NBA game BUT on Switch I could find time

Correct so if you want those get them now. I still feel a bit crazy i didn't hesitate for the 8 TB HD, but I have an old Maxtor external 500 GB one that is pretty old by now that I will likely retire soon. I have another 500gb external drive as my main backup drive. I would buy the 4TB one too for something like the PS4, but I need to be more choosy right now.
Shit, I didn't see the 8TB. Anyone know if these prices are good in store?

Usually the first week of December is when Best Buy has those buy 2 get 1 free on ALL games right..cause the Switch games that I want, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, are NOT on sale
Wrong!!!! Buy 2 get 1 free is only Xbox and PlayStation games, they will do a different sale for Nintendo buy 1 get 1 40 percent off.

Anybody know if the Black Friday Ad Deal stuff that is on sale now would be on sale in store? They have the ScanDisk 128GB micro SD card for $30 online would be nice to use the $5 off mystery code to make it $25.

As for Black Friday probably only get Bioshock Collection and a few 3 month xbox live cards.
It was all on sale in store same price. That said, I stumbled on a samsung 128GB evoplus microSD for $36 that's much faster class 3 versus the class 1 SanDisk and picked that up for my Switch. Oddly the same one is $59.99 on the website right now so not sure if it was a mistake just for my store but I think worth the extra $7 and I used the $5 mystery cert.

Oh Ok I understand..you have a better memory than me :) so on Cyber Monday it will be buy 1 get 1 40 percent off including Switch games..will GCU be able to stack?
If I remember correctly, GCU is disabled for the whole (BF -> CM) weekend. I could be misremembering.

If I remember correctly, GCU is disabled for the whole (BF -> CM) weekend. I could be misremembering.
Darn oh well..I am going to be purchasing a macbook pro on BF, if the price goes down for cyber monday would they price match it..or on Cyber Monday are the prices pretty much lock step to what they were on BF..I dont think any of the games I want will be cheaper on Cyber Monday

So mad The 8TB hard drive is out of stock. I was at work and didn't notice that was on the preview sale that started. Those prices aren't live in store are they?

So mad The 8TB hard drive is out of stock. I was at work and didn't notice that was on the preview sale that started. Those prices aren't live in store are they?
Anything available online today is also available in store at the same price. And if for some reason it isn't priced that way BB price matches their website in stores.

GCU work on cyber monday but not on BF.. also buy 2 get 1 free happens in dec followed by a b1g1 40% nintendo games all that stack with GCU but there was some kinda trick if you add 2 you get a bigger discount i cant remember

GCU does work on cyber Monday. Last year Most of the games from black friday were on sale for the same price but it was even better because GCU stacked. Bit of a gamble but we'll see if it happens again this year.

I believe GCU will only be disabled for the advertised sale games in the BF ad. GCU will work with normal priced games, unadvertised sale games, weekly ad sales games and Cyber Monday sale games. At least it has in the past.

Best Buy Dealsà

PS4 Console $199.99 Sony 1TB

Xbox One S $229.99 500GB Madden NFL 18 Bundle with 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray

Nintendo Switch 32GB $299.99

Xbox One & PS4 Controllers $39.99

Nintendo Switch Accessories $19.99

Sony VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle $299.99

Turtle Beach Wired Gaming Headset: Recon 150 $39.99

Save Up to $50 on Select Turtle Beach Gaming Headsets

Up to 25% off Astro Gaming Headset

Free Darth Maul Funko with purchase of Battlefront 2

Gamesà

$14.99

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Watch Dogs 2

The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet & Clank

Bloodborne

For Honor

Halo 5

Bioshock: The Collection

Minecraft: PS4 Edition

God of War 3 Remastered

Until Dawn

Titanfall 2

Minecraft: Story Mode – The Complete Adventure

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Gears of War 4

Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing: New Leaf- Welcome amiibo

Nintendo Selects: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon

Little Big Planet 3

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Rise of the Tomb Raider

For Honor

Yooka-Laylee

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Mafia 3

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

Wolfenstein: The Two Pack

Dishonored 2

Doom

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase

The Walking Dead – The Telltale Series

Micro Machines World Series

Sunset Overdrive

Just Cause 3

Hidden Agenda

Knowledge is Power

That’s You!

Sing Star Celebration

Sniper Elite 4

Inside/Limbo Double Pack

Helldrivers: Super- Earth Ultimate Edition

Tearaway: Unfolded – Crafted Edition

$19.99

Horizon Zero Dawn

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Yakuza Kiwami SteelBook Edition

Lego Ninjago Movie video game

MLB The Show 17

Final Fantasy XV

Knack 2

Disgaea 5 Complete Standard Edition

Everybody’s Golf

R.B.I Baseball 2017

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

Disneyland Adventures

Rush: A Disney Pixa Adenture

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition

Mario Kart 7

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition

Fallout 4

Outlast Trinity

Redout: Lightspeed Edition

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Injustice 2

Resident Evil 7

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Lego Worlds

Monopoly for Nintendo Switch

Super Lucky’s Tale

Halo Wars 2

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition

RIGS Mechanized Combat League

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

MXFP 3: The Official Motocross videogame

Cars 3: Driven to Win

$24.99

1-2-Switch

Sonic Forces Bonus Edition

Super Bomberman R

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

GTA V

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

The Evil Within 2

Nier: Automata

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Forza Horizon 3

Tekken 7

$29.99

WWE 2k18

Battlefield 1 Revolution

Just Dance 2018

Overwatch: GOTY

Persona 5

$34.99

Assassins Creed Origins

Need for Speed Payback

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Forza Motorsports 7

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombie Chonicles

Sims 4

$59.99

Super Mario Odysssey – Free Collectible Cappy Coin with purchase

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Explerer’s Edition
The $10 3 month Xbox Live gift cards are worth mentioning as well. That effectively brings a 12 month membership down to $40. I also like the flexibility of renewing more often. Sometimes the Game with Gold selection is trash and I wish I could suspend my membership. This is the next best thing.

GCU work on cyber monday but not on BF.. also buy 2 get 1 free happens in dec followed by a b1g1 40% nintendo games all that stack with GCU but there was some kinda trick if you add 2 you get a bigger discount i cant remember
So on Cyber Monday will they have buy 1 get 40 percent off for switch games or do I have to wait til December..a few of the newer switch games I want are NOT on sale

Meh. Not as into this as everyone else is. In for Everybody’s Golf and Yakuza Kiwami. Otherwise, game prices are a bit to high still. Was hoping for $20 or less on Nier Automata. I don’t even see Nioh, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, The Surge, FInal Fantasy 12, Danganronpa 3, Fire Emblem Echos, or Dragon Quest Builders. Hopefully Walmart is the saving grace here.
I've been waiting on a good Gravity Rush 2 sale as well. I'm really hoping we see a Visa Checkout deal.

Overwatch refuses to go below $30.
It may have one or twice, but it never goes bargain barrel price like other titles.

I believe GCU will only be disabled for the advertised sale games in the BF ad. GCU will work with normal priced games, unadvertised sale games, weekly ad sales games and Cyber Monday sale games. At least it has in the past.
This, and I'm almost certain the Black Friday deals that ended up carrying on through the weekend last year had GCU applied to them as I remember being slightly annoyed AC: Syndicate and Far Cry: Primal were showing the discount by the weekend after buying them when the sale went live on Thanksgiving.

Not too impressed with the deals. Assassins Creed Origins for $35 is the only thing I am interested. Also, I am not seeing any deals on Dark souls 3 or the goty edition.

No ps4 pro deals anywhere either. I also want a 4k tv, but I don't see that TCL p607 on sale there.

Does anyone know how the performance of 128 UltraPlus compares to the 64 ExtraPro?  Obviously its twice the storage overall, but am I going to notice significant slowdown compared to the "faster" ExtraPro?

Im noticing that some of the games such as Crash Bandicoot for the PS4 shows only in store will these games be available for online sale once black friday hits I dont have a best buy close to me

Does anyone know if BB will price adjust Uncharted Lost Legacy since its technically not black friday I bought it 2 weeks ago at full price from BB. Im still within my return window.

Does anyone know if BB will price adjust Uncharted Lost Legacy since its technically not black friday I bought it 2 weeks ago at full price from BB. Im still within my return window.
They don't PM during BF at all. If it goes on sale by Wednesday the 22nd, you're good. Otherwise, just rebuy it and use the full price receipt.

And, no, that's NOT return fraud. Some of you CAG's are, well, a bit prudish. #IveNotForgotten & #NorWillI

Not too impressed with the deals. Assassins Creed Origins for $35 is the only thing I am interested. Also, I am not seeing any deals on Dark souls 3 or the goty edition.

No ps4 pro deals anywhere either. I also want a 4k tv, but I don't see that TCL p607 on sale there.
games barely a month old are on sale for 25 - 35 bucks, how cheap should they be?

bread's done
Back